Eugène Ferdinand Victor Delacroix (1798-1863) French Romantic painter (For some the most important of the French Romantic painters). Delacroix was celebrated for the use of expressive color that influenced later painters, notably the Impressionists. As a lithographer, he illustrated works of Shakespeare, Walter Scott and Goethe.
Some of his great works include: The Death of Sardanapalus, 1827, Liberty Leading the People (28th July 1830), 1830, The Women of Algiers, 1834, The Entry of the Crusaders into Constantinople, 1840, Christ on the Lake of Gennesaret, 1854, and Arabs Skirmishing in the Mountains, 1863.
The veritable tradition in great things is not to repeat what others have done, but to rediscover the spirit that created these great things - and creates utterly different things in different times. Paul Valéry.
Traveling in North Africa and Spain he was influenced to produce paintings that are exuberant and lush.
Christ on the lake Genezareth
- Painting Masterpieces
- Painting Schools
- Gallery of French Masterpieces
- Famous French paintings
- Romantic paintings
- Eugene Delacroix Gallery - 242 items Art.com
- Eugène Delacroix Catholic Encyclopedia.
- http:// www. eugenedelacroix. org/ ... Ferdinand Victor Eugène Delacroix (Note: PLEASE JOIN THE URL TO MAKE IT WORK.)
- http://www. eugenedelacroix. org/the-complete-works.html ... Paintings of Eugene Delacroix (SAME)