Gabriel Sherman (born 1979) is a journalist based out of New York City. Sherman grew up in Potomac Maryland and Westport, Connecticut. He is married to Jennifer Stahl, a fact checker at The New Yorker. 
A registered Democrat, over the last nine years his articles have appeared in several left-wing publications such as The Guardian, The New York Times, Slate, The Atlantic, New York Observer, The New Republic and The New Yorker. He frequently posts to his blog and Twitter account, which has nearly 7,000 followers. His Tweets generally cover his musings about media and/or politics.
A "New York Intellectual"
Mirroring the world view of “New York Intellectuals”, a review of his past written work shows he can be quite an elitist in his comments and views. The reaction, for example, to Sherman's article "Running With Slowpokes - How sluggish newbies ruined the marathon", created a firestorm of negative reaction from readers and bloggers. Some have even called him self-absorbed and a snob. Additionally, Sherman boasts on his website his times in the New York City Marathon and the fact he has run up the stairs of the Empire State Building in 13:26, a fact he is apparently very proud of.
Sherman’s demeaning pen has exended to the political and media personalities he’s covered too. He has even gone so far as to look down upon their weight. For example, about New Jersey Governor Chris Christie he once wrote “Christie lacks the easy charm of a traditional front-runner. For one, he is fat” In his one-side article, he quotes a partisan NJ Democrat who says “He looks hideous! And unhealthy.” Sherman further described Christie as “rotund”.
Gabe Sherman has taken a particularly keen interest in News Corporation Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch, the Murdoch family, and Fox News CEO Roger Ailes and his wife. He has written numerous critical articles, blogs and Tweets about the Murdochs and Ailes over the years. He is purportedly writing an un-authorized biography on Fox News CEO Roger Ailes,  which will be edited by 'Hillary Clinton for President' supporter Jonathan Jao of Random House Publishing.
Sherman and The Media
Sherman has been criticized by some in the media for lazy reporting. Reacting to Sherman’s negative article about the future of the Washington Post, Washington Post’s Chairman Donald Graham said “Having read these stories for 40 years, I found Gabriel Sherman’s piece (“Post Apocalypse,” February 4) particularly lazy. Not much new here.” 
Despite Graham’s public chastising of Sherman, Gabriel is a favorite of the overtly liberal MSNBC cable news channel and other liberal “elites”. Sherman is a frequent guest on “Morning Joe”, hosted by Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinksi.
New America Foundation Fellow
Sherman was recently appointed a Bernard L. Schwartz Fellow at the New America Foundation, a media analysis think tank backed by notable liberals such as hedge fund billionaire George Soros and former Google CEO Eric Schmidt. Several left-wing foundations such as The Ford Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Carnegie Corporation and Proteus Fund contribute millions to New America Foundation. The Bernard L. Schwartz Fellow award is named after Bernard L. Schwartz, a leading fundraiser for Democrats who donated $1.5m to President Bill Clinton’s re-election in 1996 and close to $4m to Democrats since 2000.
Schwartz is also no stranger to controversy. In the mid 1990′s, as chairman and CEO of Loral Corporation, his company secretly provided advanced missile technology to China. According to the Pentagon, this technology exchange “significantly improved” China’s long range nuclear missile capability. Schwartz' financial ties to the Bill Clinton apparently paid off as no official action was taken against him or Loral.
He is a graduate of Middlebury College.
- New York Times, August 12, 2011
- Gabriel Sherman Twitter Page
- "Running With Slowpokes - How sluggish newbies ruined the marathon", Slate.com, September 22, 2006
- "Marathon Snobbery Has Arrived", Marathonplanet.com
- "Gabriel Sherman Wants You To Get Out Of 'His' Marathon", September, 24, 2006
- "Comments to Sherman's article", Slate.com
- "New Jersey Nasty", by Gabriel Sherman, "New York Magazine", October 11, 2009
- "Random House Signs Deal For Book On The Rise Of Fox News", by Mark Joyella, "Mediaite.com", February 10th, 2011
- "Jonathan Jao Campaign Contributions", Campaignmoney.com
- [http://www.tnr.com/article/correspondence-not-even-molehill "Correspondence: Not Even a Molehill The chairman of the board for 'The Washington Post' responds to 'Post Apocalypse'.", Donald Graham, "The New Republic", January 21, 2010]
- "New Amrerican Announces 2013 Fellows", April 30, 2012
- "Bernard L. Schwartz", Foundationbios.com
- "Bernard Schwartz", NationalCorruptionIndex.org
- New York Times, August 12, 2011