|Born|| August 12, 1930 |
|Spouse|| Annaliese Witschak (1960–1983),|
Susan Weber Soros (1983–2005),
Tamiko Bolton (2013-)
George Soros (born August 12, 1930) is an international financier and con artist who bankrolled the presidential campaigns of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. He is the 19th richest person on the planet, and manages the funds of many other of the world's richest people. He is a naturalized American citizen, born in Hungary where he worked for the Nazis as a teenager, fingering and looting his compatriot Jews. He is a leftist and elitist whose current net worth is estimated to be about $25 billion. He is considered by many to be a modern robber baron. Calls for his arrest due to currency manipulation and other crimes have reverberated around the world.
In 1992, Soros earned the title, "the man who broke the Bank of England", for shorting the British Pound. He made a $1 billion profit under the $10 billion deal. Soros is also credited with collapsing the Malaysia financial market. Soros has been described as a "psychopath's psychopath". Soros has been a major player in the European migrant crisis, having donated one half billion dollars for the transport and resettlement of 6 million illegal Muslim aliens in Europe rather than Saudi Arabia or the Gulf States, richer countries, geographically closer, with a common Islamic culture for Muslim migrants.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Political Influence
- 4 2008 Financial Crisis
- 5 2016 presidential election
- 6 Liberal Infrastructure
- 7 Criticism
- 8 Works
- 9 Quotes
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Soros was born August 12, 1930 in Budapest, Hungary. His parents were Elizabeth and Tivadar Soros. Tivadar, who sometimes went by Teodoro Ŝvarc, was an active Esperantist. George Soros grew up learning Esperanto from his father.
George Soros' birth name was György Schwartz, his family name was changed in 1936 from Schwartz to Soros to avoid antisemitism. The name "Soros" is itself derived from an esperanto word "Sori", which means "To Soar". George Soros later said that he "grew up in a Jewish, anti-semitic home," and that his parents were "uncomfortable with their religious roots." Soros is an atheist.
In 1947, George Soros emigrated from Hungary to England, where an event occurred that greatly influenced the development of George's personality and worldview. After taking a temporary job as a railroad porter around Christmas time, he broke his leg and was cared for by England's National Health Service, free of charge, while the Jewish relief agencies of that era did not offer him the help he believed they owed him. In that event was born Soros' favorable opinion of Democratic Socialism, and his negative view of many Jewish groups.
Soros' immediate family joined him in the West in the mid-Fifties.
In his autobiograpy, entitled Soros on Soros, he described how as a teenager he helped to cart off the stolen possessions of Hungarian Jewish men, women and children after they were rounded up and transported to death camps. He claims it never bothered him a bit, and still doesn't bother him today. He has no personal regrets about his actions. Soros, a reputed psychopath, gave a self-serving interview to Steve Kroft of CBSNews 60 Minutes in response to his version on events and actions,
KROFT: No feeling of guilt?Mr. SOROS: No.
During his years in England, Soros worked for his first job in finance at Singer & Friedlander, a merchant bank founded in 1907. In 1956 he moved to New York, working for the firm F. M. Mayer. Soros became an American citizen on December 18, 1961.
In 1992, Soros earned the title, "the man who broke the Bank of England", for shorting the British Pound. He made a $1 billion profit under the $10 billion deal. Soros is also credited with collapsing the Malaysia financial market.
George Soros said in a June 1993 interview with The Independent that he saw himself as “some kind of god, the creator of everything.” Two years later, he portrayed himself as someone who shared numerous attributes with “God in the Old Testament” ― “[Y]ou know, like invisible. I was pretty invisible. Benevolent. I was pretty benevolent. All-seeing. I tried to be all-seeing.” Soros told his biographer Michael Kaufman that his “goal” was nothing less ambitious than “to become the conscience of the world” by using his charitable foundations.
In his 1991 book Underwriting Democracy, Soros said:
|“||If truth be known, I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood,” fantasies which “I wanted to indulge … to the extent that I could afford.”||”|
Soros stated in his 1987 book The Alchemy of Finance:
|“||I admit that I have always harbored an exaggerated view of self-importance―to put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of god or an economic reformer like Keynes or, even better, a scientist like Einstein.||”|
George Soros wrote in The Age of Fallibility: Consequences of the War on Terror:
|“||The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.||”|
Soros has been unapologetically critical of U.S. military interventions. In his book Open Society: Reforming Global Capitalism, he spells out his criticism:
|“||It may be shocking to say, but I believe that the current unilateralist posture of the United States constitutes a serious threat to the peace and prosperity of the world.||”|
Soros believes that capitalism is the enemy of the open society, and that the solution is to regulated markets that are not governed by capitalism. Referencing the state of the world following the collapse of the Soviet empire, Soros said:
|“||The main enemy of the open society, I believe, is no longer the communist but the capitalist threat.||”|
Soros uses his billions of dollars to influence government politics. In 1989, Soros financed Vaclav Havel's rise to power in the Czech Republic's "Velvet Revolution". He has acknowledged having orchestrated coups in Croatia, Georgia, Slovakia, and Yugoslavia.
In late March 2002 Soros announced he was giving three million dollars to Budapest Open Access Initiative to set up open-archiving systems. Soros was accused of "foolishly spending millions [to] undermining libraries, librarians, authors and referees".
Soros personally has made campaign contributions to Democrat political candidates; Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Charles Rangel, Al Franken, Tom Udall, Joe Sestak, Sherrod Brown, Nancy Pelosi, and Al Gore. Additionally, in 2007 and 2008 the groups Green For All and the Ella Baker Center were receiving money from Soros' main organization, the Open Society Institute. Van Jones, a self-described Communist, was the leader of both these groups at the time.
2004 Presidential Election in the United States
During the United States presidential election, 2004, George Soros donated $23,581,000 to various liberal 527 Groups dedicated to defeating President George W. Bush. Soros contributed $3 million to the leftist propagandist Center for American Progress and $5 million to radical leftist MoveOn.org. He was the founder of the Open Society Institute.
George Soros has personally expressed a strong dislike of President Bush. In 2004 he stated defeating Bush was "the central focus of my life," and "a matter of life and death." He also said "America, under Bush, is a danger to the world" and claimed "[Bush] is undermining American values". He says he "been demonized by the Bush campaign" and donated more than 15.5 million in a failed attempt to defeat Bush in 2004.
Soros likened Republicans generally, and the Bush administration in particular, to "the Nazi and communist regimes" in the sense that they are "all engaged in the politics of fear." 
2008 Presidential Elections in the United States
In the United States presidential election, 2008, Soros' Shadow Party was again a major force in the movement that not only expanded the Democratic Party's congressional majorities, but also delivered the presidency to Barack Obama.
Obama and Soros Connection
In 2004, Soros held a Barack Obama fundraiser for his campaign in the U.S. Senate. Obama visited Soros office in New York, December 2006. January 2007, Obama started to campaign for the presidency. Within hours of announcing his candidacy, Soros had donated the maximum allowed by law to the Obama campaign. Soros has visited the White House at least four times in 2009 and has influence with other frequent White House visitors. Soros and members of his family contributed a total of $60,000 directly to Obama.
In August 2009, Obama announced he was giving $2 billion in U.S. tax dollars to state-owned oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA of Brazil for offshore oil drilling. At the same time, George Soros increased his stake $811 million in the same oil company. According to Bloomberg Press, 22 percent of the $3.68 billion of stocks and American depositary receipts of Petroleo Brasileiro are held by Soros Fund Management LLC.
Socialist Agenda For America
Even though the free market has made Soros a multi-billionaire, he blames capitalism for the world's problems.
|“||The entire edifice of global financial markets has been erected on the false premise that markets can be left to their own devices, we must find a new paradigm and rebuild from the ground up. I decided to sponsor INET to facilitate the process.||”|
In a Der Spiegel interview in 2008, Soros advocates European-style socialism for America, "is exactly what we need now. I am against market fundamentalism. I think this propaganda that government involvement is always bad has been very successful -- but also very harmful to our society."
Soros's answer to America's problems involve more regulation and more government intervention in the marketplace. Soros pours billions of dollars into the following anti-USA causes;
- Promoting the view that America is institutionally an oppressive nation
- Promoting the election of leftist political candidates throughout the United States
- Opposing virtually all post-9/11 national security measures enacted by U.S. government, particularly the Patriot Act
- Depicting American military actions as unjust, unwarranted, and immoral
- Promoting open borders, mass immigration, and a watering down of current immigration laws
- Promoting a dramatic expansion of social welfare programs funded by ever-escalating taxes
- Promoting social welfare benefits and amnesty for illegal aliens
- Defending suspected anti-American terrorists and their abetters
- Financing the recruitment and training of future activist leaders of the political Left
- Advocating America’s unilateral disarmament and/or a steep reduction in its military spending
- Opposing the death penalty in all circumstances
- Promoting socialized medicine in the United States
- Promoting the tenets of radical environmentalism, whose ultimate goal, as writer Michael Berliner has explained, is “not clean air and clean water, [but] rather ... the demolition of technological/industrial civilization”
- Bringing American foreign policy under the control of the United Nations
- Promoting racial and ethnic preferences in academia and the business world alike
2008 Financial Crisis
While the rest of the world financial markets were losing billions of dollars, Soros made billions of dollars for which he said, [he's] "having a very good crisis."  Some people speculate that Soros was responsible for the crisis by removing his large sums of money from institutions and betting against currency valuations.
In response to the 2008 financial crisis, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 was enacted. Through several direct and indirect non-profit channels, George Soros and his organizations were big beneficiaries of the Obama stimulus.
2016 presidential election
Soros and his foundations have had a hand in funding noteworthy leftist organizations. Since 1999, Soros's Open Society Institute (OSI) has given grants to Center for American Progress ($1.8 million), Center on Budget and Policy Priorities ($3.7 million), Economic Policy Institute ($3 million), Institute for America's Future ($965,000), and the Center for Policy Alternatives ($1.4 million), the Tides Foundation ($20 million).
Other leftist groups Soros funds includes the following; the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy, the Tides Center; the National Organization for Women; Feminist Majority; the American Civil Liberties Union; People for the American Way; Alliance for Justice; NARAL Pro-Choice America; America Coming Together; Campaign for America's Future; Amnesty International; the Sentencing Project; the Center for Community Change; the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Legal Defense and Educational Fund; Human Rights Watch; the Prison Moratorium Project; the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement; the National Lawyers Guild; the Center for Constitutional Rights; the Coalition for an International Criminal Court; The American Prospect; MoveOn.org; Planned Parenthood; the Nation Institute; the Brennan Center for Justice; the Ms. Foundation for Women; the National Security Archive Fund; the Pacifica Foundation; Physicians for Human Rights; the Proteus Fund; the Public Citizen Foundation; the Urban Institute; the American Friends Service Committee; Catholics for a Free Choice; Human Rights First; the Independent Media Institute; MADRE; the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund; the Immigrant Legal Resource Center; the National Immigration Law Center; the National Immigration Forum; the National Council of La Raza; the American Immigration Law Foundation; the Lynne Stewart Defense Committee; and the Peace and Security Funders Group.
Billionaire George Soros has been criticized by a number of different commentators on many issues, ranging from his financial support of various controversial organizations, his reported tax evasions and his views on Israel, the United States, and anti-Semitism.
Anti-Semitism of Soros
According to Connie Bruck of The New Yorker, George Soros told her that "I don't deny the Jews their right to a national existence — but I don't want to be part of it." According to Joshua Muravchik, Soros has publicly likened Israel to the Nazis. According to the Jerusalem Post, "Soros and his wealthy Jewish American friends have now decided to aim their fire directly at Israel . . . to form a political lobby that will weaken the influence of the pro-Israel lobby AIPAC."
George Soros is a Hungarian-born Jew who escaped the Holocaust by going to London as a child. Soros has blamed Europe's anti-Semitism as a result of policies created by the United States and Israel, saying "There is a resurgence of anti-Semitism in Europe. The policies of the Bush administration and the Sharon administration contribute to that." Abraham Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League, called Soros's comments “absolutely obscene". Soros has called for a "regime change" in the United States has spoken of funding projects in Palestine. He is often criticized by the Jewish community for failing to give funding to their causes.
Criticism of funding
George Soros has been accused of helping to fund 'smear sites' like Moveon.org and Media Matters, according to Bill O'Reilly, National Review, and other groups. Soros has donated millions to Moveon.org. That foundation has donated money to Media Matters for America, a group highly critical of O'Reilly.
O'Reilly has claimed that Soros's goal "is to buy a presidential election... find and fund a candidate who will tacitly do what he or she is told to do."
Foreign Policy magazine editor Mike Boyer reports that SEC documents reveal that George Soros's Soros Fund Management LLC bought 1.9 million shares of Halliburton stock in the fourth quarter of 2006.
Normally, I'm willing to overlook the hypocrisy of the liberal elite. If Al Gore and his Hollywood cronies want to fly around on gas-guzzling, atmosphere-polluting private jets while railing against global climate change, I'm willing to overlook it.
But the latest move by globe trotting, hyper-liberal billionaire George Soros borders on being too much.... Soros, of course, is the dean of Democratic money giving. And Halliburton, of course, is the company that embodies everything the Democrats see as evil. Dick Cheney is its former chief, for goodness' sake.
This would be of even greater significance had Soros not given up day-to-day management of the fund.
Criticism of 'tax evading' and finances
George Soros has heavily been criticized for avoiding to pay taxes in the United States. Soros moved his headquarters to the tax free Caribbean country of Curacao, which is outside of the supervision of the United States Government. The Netherlands Antilles has repeatedly been cited by the Task Force on Money Laundering of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) as one of the world's most important centers for laundering illegal proceeds of the Latin American cocaine and other drug traffic. It is a possession of the Netherlands.
Former Speaker of the House for the Republican Party Dennis Hastert stated that Soros money "could be drug money" and "we don't know where it comes from". Soros accused Hastert of trying to smear him and demanded an apology.
Support for Illegal drugs
George Soros has donated millions of dollars towards organizations advocating the legalization of drugs in the United States and has been called the "Daddy Warbucks of drug legalization" by Joseph Califano Jr. of Columbia University's National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse. He calls the legalization a "harms reduction" and criminal activity associated with the use of drugs will supposedly be reduced if the US government takes over the trading of drugs and provides drugs and drug paraphernalia to addicts. Soros has contributed to the passing of thirteen drug legalization laws in nine different states, including the legalization of marijuana for medical purposes in California and Arizona.
In 1998, Soros was a signatory of a letter addressed to the United nation and Kofi Annan. He stated "the global war on drugs is now causing more harm than drug abuse itself." 
Support for terrorists
Linda Evans, a member of the Weather Underground and John Brown Anti-Klan Committee terrorist organizations which bombed the U.S. Capitol, received a grant for her All of Us or None of Us program after being pardoned by President William Jefferson Clinton and released from prison.
In September 2002 Soros's Open Society Institute gave $20,000 to the Defense Committee of lawyer Lynne Stewart who defended terrorists in court and was sentenced to 28 months in prison for "providing material support for a terrorist conspiracy".
- The Alchemy of Finance, (1988)
- Opening the Soviet System, (1990)
- Underwriting Democracy: Encouraging Free Enterprise and Democratic Reform Among the Soviets and in Eastern Europe, (1991)
- Soros on Soros: Staying Ahead of the Curve, (1995)
- The Crisis of Global Capitalism: Open Society Endangered, (1998)
- Science and the Open Society: The Future of Karl Popper's Philosophy, (2000)
- Open Society: Reforming Global Capitalism, (2001)
- George Soros on Globalization, (2002)
- The Bubble of American Supremacy: Correcting the Misuse of American Power, (2003)
- The Age of Fallibility: Consequences of the War on Terror, (2006)
- The New Paradigm for Financial Markets: The Credit Crisis of 2008 and What it Means, (2008)
- The Soros Lectures at the Central European University, (2010)
- Financial Turmoil in Europe and the United States: Essays, (2012)
- The Tragedy of the European Union: Disintegration or Revival?, (2014)
- "I went to England in 1947 and then to the United States in 1956. But I never quite became an American."
- Atheist Soros Funds Catholic Groups, Accuracy In Media
- George Soros's Evangelicals, Weekly Standard
- George Soros and the Shadow Democratic Party, American Thinker
- Stocks Soros And Druckenmiller Have In Common, Gurufocus.com, December 14, 2009
- Killing Capitalism Soros-Style, American Spectator, November 4, 2009
- Teo Ŝvarc / Teodoro Schwartz / Tivadar Soros
- Billionaire George Soros is a native speaker of the constructed language Esperanto
- The Religious Quest of George Soros
- George Soros Facts: 7 Things You Might Not Know About Billionaire, NewsMax
- Slater, R., "Soros: The Unauthorized Biography", page 30, McGraw-Hill, 09-30-2007.
- Atheist George Soros Funds MoveOn.org Traditional Values Coalition, August 27, 2004
- The Philanthropy of George Soros: Building Open Societies
- Soros the Guiltless, American Thinker
- Psychopathic Personalities
- Boomerang: Travels in the New Third World
- Tea Party Factor
- The Man Who Moves Markets
- The Billionaire Who Built on Chaos – George Soros (The Independent: June 3, 1993)
- Glenn Beck: Making of the Puppet Master
- George Soros Discusses Efforts to Spread Democracy, NPR
- George Soros, Underwriting Democracy, p. 3
- George Soros, The Alchemy of Finance (1994 edition), p. 362
- In His Own Words: An Examination of Some of Soros’ Socioeconomic Philosophies, The Blaze
- George Soros, Discover The Networks
- Critics attack net journal initiative. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- Soros Money Financed Communist Van Jones
- The World According to Soros. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- Soros's Deep Pockets vs. Bush. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- Soros's Deep Pockets vs. Bush. Retrieved on 2007-09-30.
- Why We Must Not Re-elect President Bush. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- George Soros, Maintaining Political Interest. Retrieved on 2007-10-05.
- Soros: It’s Not Easy Being God
- The Obama-Soros Connection, Human Events
- Christopher Drew and Mike McIntire, "After 2000 Loss, Obama Built Donor Network From Roots Up," The New York Times, April 3, 2007
- Obama commits to off-shore drilling, Digital Journal, August 20, 2009
- GUIDE TO THE GEORGE SOROS NETWORK, Discover The Networks
- 'I'm Having A Good Crisis': Will Soros Be Attacked For HIS Profits?, Newsbusters, March 26, 2009
- Obama Stimulus Dollars Funded Soros Empire
- Zuckerman, Gregory; Chung, Juliet (January 13, 2017). Billionaire George Soros Lost Nearly $1 Billion in Weeks After Trump Election. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved January 14, 2017.
- Report: George Soros Lost Nearly a Billion Dollars in the Market After Trump Win. Fox News Insider. January 13, 2017. Retrieved January 14, 2017.
- Press releases/Wikipedia celebrates 15 years of free knowledge. Press Release (January 14, 2016). Retrieved on March 20, 2016.
- In rare Jewish appearance, George Soros says Jews and Israel cause anti-Semitism. Retrieved on 2007-10-05.
- George Soros Blames Jews for Anti-Semitism. Retrieved on 2007-10-05.
- 28th richest man in America, George Soros, needs a Jewish connection. Retrieved on 2007-10-05.
- Buying Political Power. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- Soros buys Halliburton. Retrieved on 2007-09-30.
- George Soros and the Rothschilds Connection. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- The sorry tale of George Soros. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- The Secret Financial Network Behind "Wizard" George Soros. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- OECD Investment Policy Reviews, Netherland Antilles. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- Dennis Hastert on Dope. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- George Soros demands apology from Dennis Hastert. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- Nation - George Soro's Long Strange Trip.htm George Soros's Long Strange Trip. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- The Hidden Soros Agenda: Drugs, Money, the Media, and Political Power. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- George Soros - Drug Legalization. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- Miller, Judith. "With Big Money and Brash Ideas, A Billionaire Redefines Charity", 1996-12-17. Retrieved on 2007-10-05.
- FBI fil Weather Underground Organization (Weatherman), Part 2b pp. 22-25 pdf
- Armed Resistance Unit Bombs US Capitol, Death to the Klan, Winter, 1984, No.3. Retrieved from Press Reports, September 13, 2007.
- Soros-funded Media and the Glorification of the Weather Underground
- Soros Funded Stewarts Defense. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- Terrorist Supporting Lawyer, Lynne Stewart, Gets Slap On The Wrist. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- A New York jury found Lynne Stewart guilty on all of the counts against her. Retrieved on 2007-10-04.
- The Soros Files
- George Soros' personal site
- The Shadow Party, David Horowitz's blog and book reporting George Soro's influence over the Democratic Party.
- Video: Soros Wants Global Bank Regulatory System, January 27, 2010
- Obama funds George Soros w/ our taxes.
- Discover The Networks, GEORGE SOROS