Ingrid Newkirk is the co-founder and president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. She is also a strong supporter of the controversial animal rights group Animal Liberation Front (ALF). 
Connection to ALF
Newkirk is closely linked to ALF, a controversial ecoterrorist group. She uses PETA money to support the legal defenses of ALF criminals. She also gives interviews for ALF publications. She has also been subpoenaed multiple times in regard to her ALF connections and was accused in court documents of participating in the ALF arson of the Michigan State University research lab.
Upon her death, Newkirk wishes that her body be donated to PETA for activist purposes. More specifically, she wants her "meat" to be barbecued, her skin to be made into leather products, and her feet turned into umbrella stands. She also wants one of her eyes to be given to the administrator of the EPA, her pointing finger to be given to Kenneth Feld (the owner of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus), and an ear to be given to the Canadian Parliament.
- One Can Make a Difference: How Simple Actions Can Change the World
- Let's Have a Dog Party!
- 50 Awesome Ways Kids Can Help Animals
- Making Kind Choices
- 250 Things You Can Do to Make Your Cat Adore You
- You Can Save the Animals! 251 Ways to Stop Thoughtless Cruelty
- Free the Animals!
- The Compassionate Cook
- Cooking with PETA
- A Perfect World: Words and Paintings From Over 50 of America’s Most Powerful People