A liberal (also leftist) is someone who rejects logical and biblical standards, often for self-centered reasons though some may practice Cafeteria Christianity. There are no coherent liberal standards; often a liberal is merely someone who craves attention, and who uses many words to say nothing. Liberalism began as a movement for individual liberties, but today is increasingly statist and, as in Europe, socialistic. Liberalism has changed over the years and degenerated into corruption.
For example, Franklin Delano Roosevelt firmly believed in private sector unions, but vehemently opposed and condemned public sector unions, stating that the idea of collective bargaining can't be transferred to the public sector, as that would result in the government being unable to carry out its duties. Yet today, decades later, Democrats and liberals are almost in bed with public sector unions, as they "donate" money to the re-election campaign in exchange for more taxpayer money in their wallets and fluffed up pensions.
Polling data over several decades has consistently shown more Americans identify themselves as conservative than liberal, by a ratio of 2-1. A liberal generally supports many of the following political positions and practices:
- Taxpayer-funded and/or legalized abortion
- Censorship of teacher-lead prayer in classrooms and school sponsored events
- Support for gun control
- Support of obscenity, pornography and violence in video games as a First Amendment right
- Income redistribution, usually through progressive taxation
- Government-rationed medical care, such as Universal Health Care
- Taxpayer-funded and government-controlled public education
- The denial of inherent gender differences
- Insisting that men and women be placed in the same jobs in the military
- Legalized same-sex marriage
- Tax and spend
- Trying to impede the freedoms of others
- Implementation of affirmative action
- Political correctness, the opposition of free speech
- Support of labor unions
- Teaching acceptance of promiscuity through sexual "education" rather than teaching abstinence from sex.
- A "living Constitution" that is reinterpreted as liberals prefer, rather than how it was intended
- Government programs to rehabilitate criminals
- Abolition of the death penalty
- Disarmament treaties
- Opposition to the Bible and God.
- Opposition to full private property rights
- Reinstating the Fairness Doctrine
- In 2005, it was reported by CBS News that liberals were the most likely supporters of the theory of evolution. The theory of evolution is a key component of atheistic ideologies in the Western World.
- Opposition to domestic wire-tapping as authorized in the Patriot Act
- Calling anyone they agree with a "professor" regardless of whether he earned that distinction based on a real peer review of his work (see, e.g., Richard Dawkins and Barack Obama).
- Opposition of Operation Iraqi Freedom, a major part of the War on Terrorism.
- Withholds support to our armed forces fighting overseas to protect their freedoms.
- Promote arrogance through what they consider superior lifestyles.
- Tolerance of wrongheaded ideas and lifestyles.
- Supports financially irresponsible policies.
- Following policies which are proven to be incorrect.
- Do not support a free-market economy and support regulation of business.
- "The long romance of Western leftists with some of the bloodiest regimes and political movements in history is a story not told often enough ...."
- Support of leftist ideologies such as socialism and nazism
- Encouragement of global warming alarmism.
According to current dictionaries and their own beliefs, a liberal is "a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties" or "a person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets," or "open-minded or tolerant, especially free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc." or "favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.". In practice, however, liberals are often the most intolerant of people, and frequently are on the side of disorder, chaos, anarchy, and lawbreaking. According to Webster's Unabridged Dictionary - and matched by current observation - liberals are "unchecked by a sense of the decorous, the fitting, or the polite...lacking significant moral restraints" or "... an emancipation from convention, tradition, or dogma that extends from a belief in altering institutions to fit altering conditions to a preference for lawlessness."
- 1 Liberals and Uncharitableness
- 2 Liberal politicians and uncharitableness
- 3 Liberals and Superstition
- 4 Liberalism in North America Today
- 5 Liberalism in Europe today
- 6 Historical Liberalism
- 7 Original meaning: Classical Liberalism
- 8 Infamous liberals
- 9 Liberal Organizations
- 10 References
- 11 See Also
- 12 Further Information
Liberals and Uncharitableness
For more information please see: Liberals and uncharitableness
|“|| Sixteen months ago, Arthur C. Brooks, a professor at Syracuse University, published "Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism." The surprise is that liberals are markedly less charitable than conservatives....
If many conservatives are liberals who have been mugged by reality, Brooks, a registered independent, is, as a reviewer of his book said, a social scientist who has been mugged by data. They include these findings:
-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).
-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.
Atheists and agnostics often reject Biblical morality (and therefore conservative Christianity ) and hold to moral relativism. Therefore, it is not surprising that per capita atheists and agnostics in America give significantly less to charity than theists even when church giving is not counted for theists.
Liberal politicians and uncharitableness
The political magazine the American Spectator featured an article which focused on liberal politicians and uncharitableness and the article exposed the hypocrisy of the liberal politicians it featured.
Liberals and Superstition
The Wall Street Journal reported: "A comprehensive new study released by Baylor University, shows that traditional Christian religion greatly decreases belief in everything from the efficacy of palm readers to the usefulness of astrology. 
Also, in September of 2008, the Wall Street Journal reported:
|“|| The reality is that the New Atheist campaign, by discouraging religion, won't create a new group of intelligent, skeptical, enlightened beings. Far from it: It might actually encourage new levels of mass superstition. And that's not a conclusion to take on faith — it's what the empirical data tell us.
"What Americans Really Believe," a comprehensive new study released by Baylor University yesterday, shows that traditional Christian religion greatly decreases belief in everything from the efficacy of palm readers to the usefulness of astrology. It also shows that the irreligious and the members of more liberal Protestant denominations, far from being resistant to superstition, tend to be much more likely to believe in the paranormal and in pseudoscience than evangelical Christians....
This is not a new finding. In his 1983 book "The Whys of a Philosophical Scrivener," skeptic and science writer Martin Gardner cited the decline of traditional religious belief among the better educated as one of the causes for an increase in pseudoscience, cults and superstition. He referenced a 1980 study published in the magazine Skeptical Inquirer that showed irreligious college students to be by far the most likely to embrace paranormal beliefs, while born-again Christian college students were the least likely.
Liberalism in North America Today
Democrats and most media outlets in the U.S. are blatantly liberal. Liberalism in North America today practices three primary tactics to attack the Republican Party, and sometimes to attack American values in general. These three liberal tactics can be pronounced using the following acronym: SIN. Liberals (1) Shift the subject, they (2) Ignore the facts, and they (3) Name call.
- Liberals claimed a monopoly on compassion, decency, and social justice (as defined by themselves), posing as the sole defenders of civic virtue against a horde of backwoodsmen, racists, and religious fanatics. 
|“||There's another goal, from my point of view, which is to try to lay the groundwork for a radical political force which would conceive of itself as distinctly to the left of moderate, reformist American liberals. And that has two aspects. One is to try to change that liberalism, to transform it by analysis, critique, and activism; the second is to build a radical movement which would be an autonomous force in its own right, which would be distinct from the traditional American liberal consensus. This radical part of the program involves not simply supporting the liberal students against conservative students and conservative professors, but trying to act on them, to push them to the left. It also involves trying to find and support, even trying to help create, networks of radical students in law school and of radical professors around the country — students and teachers who see themselves as wanting to go a lot further than most people want to go. ||”|
Liberal Rankings of Congress Members
The National Journal compiles the votes of each congress member each year and uses the information to create rankings of how liberal each member of the United States Congress is. In addition to showing the voting records of each member and given an overall all ranking of liberalness, the National Journal also ranks congress members by liberalness in the areas of social, economic, and foreign policy.
Liberalism in Europe today
In Europe, on the other hand, parties that call themselves liberal are moderate in outlook, ranging from centre-left to centre-right, promote typically economic and business freedom. The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe is a party of the European Parliament that represents most liberal parties from European countries. Similar policies are promoted by many liberal parties throughout the world, such as the Liberal Party of Australia.
Trade unions and socialist parties often criticize politicians for promoting lower taxes on business, or more flexible hiring and firing laws, by calling them "liberals" or neoliberals. Thus, just as in the US, "liberal" may occasionally be used as a term of abuse. But when someone is called "liberal" in Europe, it has an entirely different meaning than in the US. In fact, the US meaning of liberal is more similar to the politics of European socialist or social democratic parties.
In history, the word "liberal" has meant different things at different times, and was associated with individual liberty in prior centuries. In the postwar period, liberals supported government intervention in the economy and welfare state policies, as well as peaceful coexistence with the communist block, which are not liberal policies in the sense of classical liberalism. After the end of the cold war, with the demise of socialism and communism, many liberals embraced some ideas from economic neo-liberalism, and coined it the "Third Way". In the area of national security and foreign policy liberals in the U.S. failed to define a consistent stance, even after the events of 9/11 and the beginning of the war in Iraq. Liberals generally support affirmative action, gay marriage, and abortion.
Original meaning: Classical Liberalism
Liberalism is a political philosophy with freedom as its core value. The term was originally applied to supporters of individual liberties and equal rights, but, in America, the term has come to represent a movement of social change that often conflicts with conservative values such as moral values and tradition.
See also: Infamous liberals
- Joseph Stalin was an atheist, communist, and evolutionist dictator who was responsible for the deaths of tens of millions.
- Mao Tse Tung - atheist and communist dictator responsible for the deaths of tens of millions.
- John Wayne Gacy - In an interview where he denied killing any of his victims, serial killer John Wayne Gacy said he was bisexual and "very liberal". Gacy was also a Democratic Party activist who had his picture taken with Rosalynn Carter.
- AARP - American Association of Retired People
- ACLU - American Civil Liberties Union
- ACORN - Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now
- AFL-CIO - American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations
- AI - Amnesty International
- Act Now to Stop War and End Racism
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism
- Democratic National Committee
- NARAL - National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League
- NAACP - National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- National Committee for an Effective Congress
- National Education Association
- National Organization of Women
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Progressives for Obama
- Rainbow/PUSH Coalition
- Service Employees International Union
- U.S. Peace Council
Source: The Politix Group
- As one liberal website candidly observes, "Obama is a shallow narcissist, not a believer in any cause higher than himself. Every American president has had a healthy ego, but none has ever been as purely motivated by vanity as the childishly self-loving Barack Obama."
- The Warren Court, led by liberal Justices William O. Douglas, Hugo Black, Abe Fortas, William Brennan and Chief Justice Earl Warren issued 36 decisions granting First Amendment rights to obscenity and pornography. These decisions remain fully supported by liberals today.
- Democrats Aim To Kill Abstinence-Only Program Funding, Fox News, Monday, June 25, 2007
- Greenpeace, for example.
- For example, the liberal wing of the U.S. Supreme Court issued the 5-4 Kelo v. City of New London decision authorizing the taking of private property by government in order to give the property to another private entity rather than convert it to a public use.
- Dupes by Bruce S. Thornton, City Journal - 5 June 2009
- Webster's Third New International Dictionary of the English Language Unabridged, Volume II; Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc. Chicago, 1986. (pg. 1303, column 1)
- Media Bias basics. Media Research Center.
- Scott Baker. Did Herman Cain Give the ‘Don’t Miss’ Speech at CPAC?, The Blaze, February 12, 2011.
- YouTube. Herman Cain: "Stupid People Are Ruining America", February 11, 2011.
- Video discussion about how modern liberalism is actually fascist by author Jonah Goldberg..
- Liberal Values in Legal Education Duncan Kennedy (professor at Harvard Law School)
- "Political liberals tend, for whatever reason, to be ardent supporters of both gay rights and pro-choice programs." Greenberg and Bailey 
- Conservative resources
- Articles about liberals
- Classical liberal
- Drinking Liberally
- Godless liberal
- Last wordism
- Liberal celebrity obsession
- Liberal Behavior on Conservapedia
- Liberal Christianity
- Liberal Democrats
- Liberal Elite
- Liberal Falsehoods
- Liberal Fascism
- Liberal friendship
- Liberal Gloss
- Liberal grading
- Liberal hypocrisy
- Liberal hysteria
- Liberal Intellectualism
- Liberal labels
- Liberal Lies About the American Right
- Liberal logic
- Liberal Mind
- Liberal Party
- Liberal supremacist
- Massachusetts liberal
- Scientific Illiteracy and Liberals