The following list is a comprehensive list of atheist shooters. Atheists have a long record of being mass shooters and militant atheism in general has a causal association with mass murder.
Due to this fact, peer reviewed research published in academic journals has found that society-at-large is likely to hold atheists responsible for capital criminal acts and that even atheists are likely to assume that serial killers are fellow atheists.
Jared Loughner's mugshot, released January 10, 2011
- ↑ Pettit, Harry (August 7, 2017). Do we need religion to have good morals? Even atheists think horrific crimes are likely committed by atheists. Daily Mail. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- ↑ Atheists tend to be seen as immoral – even by other atheists: study. The Guardian (August 7, 2017). Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- ↑ Daisy Grewal (January 17, 2012). In Atheists We Distrust. Scientific American. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- ↑ Hayes, Christal (October 6, 2017). Fox News: Las Vegas Shooter May Have Targeted Christian Country Fans Because He Was Atheist. Newsweek. Retrieved on October 7, 2017. “Fox & Friends host Ainsley Earhardt told viewers that gunman Stephen Paddock may have “had a problem” with the faith of God-loving country music fans and used that as a deciding factor for the location for his rampage, which killed 58 innocents and injured hundreds of others. “His brother said he didn’t believe in God, or didn’t have a god or didn’t have faith in his life, so maybe – this is all speculation—but that possible could be the reason,” she said. “He knows country musicians or country music fans are normally pro-God and go to church on Sundays. Maybe he has a problem with that, or had a problem with that.””
- ↑ Katie Zavadski (October 2, 2015). Umpqua Gunman Chris Harper Mercer Hated Religion Online. The Daily Beast. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- ↑ Eli Saslow, Sarah Kaplan and Joseph Hoyt (October 2, 2015). Oregon shooter said to have singled out Christians for killing in ‘horrific act of cowardice’. The Washington Post. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- ↑ The Chapel Hill shooting: White male atheist murders three Muslim students. New Statesman. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- ↑ Who is Jared Loughner? Friends Reveal Alienation. CBS News (January 10, 2011). Retrieved on 7 October 2017. “An ardent atheist, he began to characterize people as sheep whose free will was being sapped by the government and the monotony of modern life.”
- ↑ Keane, Brett (August 16, 2017). Atheists List of Killers and Criminals. GodTVRadio News. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Stone Phillips, Jeffrey Dahmer (1994). Jeffrey Dahmer Interview - MSNBC Footage. Dateline NBC. Retrieved on October 7, 2017.
Langton, Jerry (January 12, 2010). Rage: The True Story of a Sibling Murder. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780470739969. Retrieved on 7 October 2017. “I hate this world, I hate the people in it, I hate the way people live, I hate God, I hate the deceivers, I hate betrayers, I hate religious zealots...”
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Anders Breivik Manifesto: Shooter/Bomber Downplayed Religion, Secular Influence Key. International Business Times (July 25, 2011). Retrieved on October 7, 2017.