Mystery:Does God Have a Sense of Humor?
Does God Have a Sense of Humor?
Rarely is the sense of humor of God discussed or analyzed, but there are many compelling reasons to conclude that God does have a sense of humor, and most of the jokes are at the expense of liberals/anti-Christians:
- names: remarkable skills seem to be given to people who have unusual names to match the skill, as in "Usain Bolt" (the fastest sprinter in world history); "Learned Hand" (one of the finest judges in history); "Michael Arms" (an Olympic rower from New Zealand); "Billy Sunday" (one of the most famous Christian preachers in American history); "Richie Incognito" (an NFL offensive lineman); and "George McGovern" (a former U.S. Senator and presidential candidate). Also, there are many whites named "Black" and African Americans named "White".
- political scandals: liberals once mocked General David Petraeus by calling him "General Betray Us"; liberal President Obama subsequently appointed him as head of the CIA, whereupon he caused a massive scandal that betrayed liberals by embarrassing them.
- football: Tim Tebow's completion of ten passes for 316 yards, at 31.6 yards per competition, in his stunning playoff victory against the Pittsburgh Steelers, echoed his promotion of John 3:16.
- the wedding at Cana: it was a huge faux paux for the host to run out of wine, leaving the guests stranded with nothing to drink (the water was probably not drinkable), but the last laugh was by the servants and Jesus when they gave a welcomed surprise to the host without explaining the source.
- implausible absurdities: the election outcome for the 2000 presidential election was implausibly close in Florida, and apparently Al Gore lost because some Democrat voters misread the "butterfly ballot."
- logic: man has a sense of humor, and man was created in the image of God. Hence God has a sense of humor.
- history: man's sense of humor improved with the discovery and expansion of Christianity, which indicates their strong correlation. Friedrich Nietzsche, after attacking Jesus and God in the last books he would ever write, went insane.
- sociology: the massive carvings of caricatures of human beings found, without a plausible explanation, on Easter Island.
- politics: atheistic political figures are known for their lack of a sense of humor, such as Attila the Hun and Adolf Hitler, which suggests that the opposite of God is a lack of sense of humor
- religious: the encounter on the road to Emmaus, described at Luke 25:13-31, strongly suggests that God has intervened in amusing ways; also, God sometimes uses sarcasm, as in Amos 4:4.
- scientific: snowstorms have disrupted global warming conferences; regions that promote the global warming hoax have been subjected to brutally cold weather.
- zoology: there are various animals, such as the duck-billed platypus, the cheeky monkey or the long-necked giraffe, that seem designed in order to amuse.
- atheism: atheistic nations like North Korea are known for their lack of a sense of humor.
- ontological: God is defined as the greatest being conceivable, and it's better to have a sense of humor than not; therefore God has a sense of humor.
- intrinsic humor: some humor is funny to virtually everyone who has a sense of humor - which would be impossible in the absence of intrinsic humor. Yet intrinsic humor would be impossible unless God appreciated it also.
- contradictions and disbelief: contradictions and surprise are the essence of humor, and God's allowance of their basis to continue to exist suggests that God may find amusement in it.
- media: Within weeks after the lamestream media made the unlikely claim that Fidel Castro -- who has not been seen in public since the frail dictator went to a hospital for a very grave condition in July 2006 -- had met the Pope, a five-day suspension was imposed on Florida Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen for expressing admiration that Fidel Castro has such longevity.
- inexplicable humor: liberals in Colorado wanted to expel the successful, but outspokenly Christian, Tim Tebow, but he ended up in a much bigger media market as a result, and received even more publicity.
- dreams: some dreams might be God playing a trick for amusement purposes on you.
- the Bible: see humor in the Bible
- idolatry: some who idolize Obama think that he is an atheist, when in fact he is likely a Muslim
- Miracle Catch of Fish (John 21:1-25) - God chose to reveal himself in a humorous by telling the fishermen, who had unsuccessfully tried all night to catch a fish, to cast their nets on the other side of the boat, which nearly broke the net with such a large catch of fish.
- Adultery: The seventh commandment Thou shalt not commit adultery shows God has a sense of humor because when a womanizer from Arkansas had an affair with Miss Monica Lewinsky he tarnished his presidential reputation and created a field day for conservatives.