Mystery:Does God Have a Sense of Humor?
Does God Have a Sense of Humor?
Although rarely, if ever, is the sense of humor of God discussed or analyzed, there are many compelling reasons to conclude that God does have a sense of humor:
- logic: man has a sense of humor, and man was created in the image of God. Hence God has a sense of humor.
- history: man's sense of humor improved with the discovery and expansion of Christianity, which indicates their strong correlation.
- politics: atheistic political figures are known for their lack of a sense of humor, such as Attila the Hun, which suggests that the opposite of God is a lack of sense of humor.
- religious: the encounter on the road to Emmaus, described at Luke 25:13-31, strongly suggests that God has intervened in amusing ways.
- scientific: snowstorms have disrupted global warming conferences; regions that promote the falsehoods the most have been subjected to brutally cold weather.
- athletic: Tim Tebow's completion of ten passes for 316 yards, at 31.6 yards per competition, in his stunning playoff victory against the Pittsburgh Steelers, echoed his promotion of John 3:16.