Difference between revisions of "Obamagate timeline"
|Line 577:||Line 577:|
*John Carlin files DOJ-NSD proposed 2016 Section 702 certifications. Carlin failed to disclose the January 7, 2016 Inspector General Report and associated FISA Abuse to the FISA Court in his 2016 Certification. Carlin also failed to disclose Adm. Rogers’ ongoing Compliance Review.<ref>https://www.scribd.com/document/349542716/Top-Secret-FISA-Court-Order-President-Obama-Spying-on-Political-Enemies?irgwc=1&content=10079&campaign=Skimbit%2C%20Ltd.&ad_group=725X700959X1f9f116a5537f6a9a28958a63ea180de&keyword=ft750noi&source=impactradius&medium=affiliate</ref>
*John Carlin files DOJ-NSD proposed 2016 Section 702 certifications. Carlin failed to disclose the January 7, 2016 Inspector General Report and associated FISA Abuse to the FISA Court in his 2016 Certification. Carlin also failed to disclose Adm. Rogers’ ongoing Compliance Review.<ref>https://www.scribd.com/document/349542716/Top-Secret-FISA-Court-Order-President-Obama-Spying-on-Political-Enemies?irgwc=1&content=10079&campaign=Skimbit%2C%20Ltd.&ad_group=725X700959X1f9f116a5537f6a9a28958a63ea180de&keyword=ft750noi&source=impactradius&medium=affiliate</ref>
<!--DOJ National Security Division (DOJ-NSD) begins setting up Dir. [[Mike Rogers]] of the [[NSA]] to take the fall for the DOJ-NSD unlawful conduct.-->
<!--DOJ National Security Division (DOJ-NSD) begins setting up Dir. [[Mike Rogers]] of the [[NSA]] to take the fall for the DOJ-NSD unlawful conduct.-->
*'''27 September.''' John Carlin tenders resignation effective October 15, 2026 the wake of the NSA compliance officer's investigation of FISA Section 702 About query abused, i.e. illegal domestic spying and data collection on US persons by the Obama administration,<ref>https://youtu.be/CIJGH9RS2Fc</ref><ref>https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/head-of-justice-departments-national-security-division-to-step-down/2016/09/27/59cb95c4-84e6-11e6-ac72-a29979381495_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.639ad0793c2d</ref> From here until October 21, 2016 it becomes a foot race between the DOJ-NSD and Adm. Mike Rogers to the FISA Court - Carlin's NSD to get a 90 day FISA Title I approval for the conspirators "insurance policy" against the [[Trump transition]], and Rogers to report Obama administration abuses to the Court uncovered in the Compliance review.
*'''27 September.''' John Carlin tenders resignation effective October 15, 2026 the wake of the NSA compliance officer's investigation of FISA Section 702 About query abused, i.e. illegal domestic spying and data collection on US persons by the Obama administration,<ref>https://youtu.be/CIJGH9RS2Fc</ref><ref>https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/head-of-justice-departments-national-security-division-to-step-down/2016/09/27/59cb95c4-84e6-11e6-ac72-a29979381495_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.639ad0793c2d</ref> From here until October 21, 2016 it becomes a foot race between the DOJ-NSD and Adm. Mike Rogers to the FISA Court - Carlin's NSD to get a 90 day FISA Title I approval for the conspirators "insurance policy" against the [[Trump transition]], and Rogers to report Obama administration abuses to the Court uncovered in the Compliance review.
Revision as of 19:50, 14 June 2018
for the current version see Russiagate timeline;
please link back as the story unfolds.
The Obamagate timeline 2016 election year is a record of known facts about President Obama's misuse of foreign intelligence gathering for domestic political spying, media manipulation, wiretaps, intimidation of journalists and critics, use of government intelligence agencies to influence domestic elections, efforts to thwart the election of President Donald Trump, subversion of the new administration's personnel and agenda, and to delegitimize and undermine his presidency.
During and immediately after that the 2016 Presidential election CIA director John Brennan along with the Department of Justice and the FBI targeted Donald Trump. This covert disinformation campaign became widely known in the fake news mainstream media as Trump-Russia, alleging collusion between Trump and associates with Russia. The side that actually colluded with foreign powers was that of Hillary Clinton.
After President Donald Trump took office in January 2017, seditious activity and an unwillingness to accept the results of a democratic election by Obama holdovers in the US Intelligence Community came to light.
- 1 2009-2015 vanguardism
- 2 2016 election year
- 3 2017 soft coup
- 4 2018 reckoning
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
During a period of November 2015 through April 18, 2016, Justice Department political insiders and outside political contractors, including FusionGPS, accessed the NSA and FBI database using FISA-702(17) “About Queries”. They gathered information on political opposition of candidate Hillary Clinton, including Donald Trump campaign officials and affiliates. NSA Director Mike Rogers suspected illegal abuse and instructed the NSA compliance officer to conduct a full FISA audit. The NSA began querying DOJ and FBI activity.
The unlawfully obtained FISA intelligence information ended up with Fusion GPS. The key personel in FusionGPS are husband and wife Glenn Simpson and Mary Jacoby. Mary Jacoby’s relationship with the Clintons’ goes back to the Rose Law Firm.
2016 election year
A month after Donald Trump announced his intention to seek the presidency in 2015, Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates blocked the Office of Inspector General (OIG) oversight of the DOJ National Security Division (DOJ-NSD). The OIG, Michael Horowitz, requested oversight and Sally Yates responded with a lengthy 58-page legal explanation essentially denying the request. All of the DOJ was subject to oversight, except the National Security Division.
Obama’s political operatives within the DOJ-NSD were conducting illegal surveillance to monitor the Trump campaign. The NSD unit was working in coordination with Peter Strzok and others of the FBI Counterintelligence Division.
Sometime in early 2016 NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers became aware of “ongoing” and “intentional” violations of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) - Section 702 surveillance. Specifically item #17 “About Queries” of US persons. Rogers suspected FISA 702 (#17 – email and phone calls) surveillance activity was being used for reasons he deemed unlawful. In mid 2016 Rogers ordered the NSA compliance officer to run a full audit on 702 NSA compliance. In October 2016 Rogers told the FISA court he became aware of unlawful surveillance and collection of US persons. The FBI counterintelligence division was monitoring Trump through FISA 702(17) upstream surveillance collected by a DOJ National Security Division that had no oversight.
Ten days after the election, on November 17, 2016, Dir. Rogers traveled to Trump Tower without telling DNI James Clapper. Rogers likely informed President-elect Trump of the illegal activity by the FBI and DOJ, including the probability that all of Trump Tower’s email and phone communication were being collected. Clapper then demanded Rogers be fired. It would appear Obama’s Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, is complicit as well, although Clapper denies participating.
The information the FBI collected, and the material Christopher Steele and FusionGPS manufactured, were used to create the fake news Trump-Russia conspiracy theory, and to manipulate the FISA Court into granting a FISA warrant - what Peter Strzok called “the insurance policy” against Trump's election.
- 4 January. John Podesta emails Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, "Look forward to working with you to elect the first woman President of the United States,” Sandberg replies she was “thrilled” by the progress that Clinton was making.
- 7 January. NSA Inspector General, George Ellard, released a report on NSA Controls & FISA compliance:
"We identified another [redacted] queries that were performed outside the targeting authorization periods in [Executive Order] 12333 data, which is prohibited by the E.O. 12333 minimization procedures. We also identified queries performed using [United States Persons] selectors [phone numbers, emails] in [FISA Amendments Act of 2008] §702 upstream data, which is prohibited by the FAA §702 minimization procedures."Material FISA Abuses were routinely taking place. Following NSA Inspector General Ellard’s report, Adm. Rogers implemented a tightening of internal rules at the NSA. By law, John Carlin of the DOJ-NSD should have informed the FISA court immediately of the results of the IG’s Report, but it was not informed until NSA Dir. Adm. Mike Rogers personally told the court on October 23, 2016, two days after the Obama DOJ hoaxed the FISA court into granting FISA Title I authority over Carter Page which extended throughout the Trump transition.
- 14 January. FBI inspector general notifies Senate that Hillary Clinton's servers had been flagged for classified information. Clinton servers are in New York; FBI Director James Comey runs case out of Washington office, Deputy Dir. Andrew McCabe put in charge. McCabe's wife received $675000 from Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's political action committee for an unsuccessful state Senate bid in 2015. McAuliffe. a former DNC chairman and Presidential campaign manager for Bill Clinton, later Hillary Clinton in 2008 and Clinton Foundation Board member came under FBI investigation for illegal campaign donations from a Chinese businessman. Despite evidence, McCabe refused to merge the McCauliffe investigation into the ongoing pay-to-play investigations of the Clinton Foundation.
- 15 January. Inspector General for the intelligence community Charles McCullough tells members of Congress that several dozen additional classified emails have been identified in Clinton’s stash, including some with a higher classification than top secret, regarding highly sensitive programs.
- 17 January. Barack Obama announces final agreement on the Iran nuke deal. David Asher, Veteran US illicit finance expert of the Pentagon serving on the Project Cassandra task force investigating the Hezbollah criminal enterprise said Obama administration officials expressed concerns to him about alienating Tehran before, during and after the Iran nuclear deal negotiations. This was part of an effort to “defang, defund and undermine the investigations that were involving Iran and Hezbollah. The closer we got to the [Iran deal], the more these activities went away,” Asher said. “So much of the capability, whether it was special operations, whether it was law enforcement, whether it was [Treasury] designations — even the capacity, the personnel assigned to this mission — it was assiduously drained, almost to the last drop, by the end of the Obama administration.” Within months, task force officials said, Project Cassandra was all but dead. Some of its senior officials, including Jack Kelly the veteran DEA supervisory agent who created and led the task force, were transferred to other assignments. As a result, according to Politico, the US government lost insight into not only drug trafficking and other criminal activity worldwide, but also into Hezbollah’s illicit conspiracies with top officials in the Iranian, Syrian, Venezuelan and Russian governments — all the way up to presidents Nicolas Maduro, Bashar Assad and Vladimir Putin, according to former task force members and other current and former U.S. officials. The derailment of Project Cassandra also undermined U.S. efforts to determine how much cocaine from the various Hezbollah-affiliated networks is coming into the United States, especially from Venezuela, where dozens of top civilian and military officials have been under investigation for more than a decade.
- New York Post reports former State Dept. Inspector General Howard J. Krongard says:
“It will never get to an indictment." For one, any criminal referral to the Justice Department from the FBI “will have to go through four loyal Democrat women” — Assistant Attorney General Leslie Caldwell, who heads the department’s criminal division; Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates; Attorney General Loretta Lynch; and top White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.The NYP further reports:
from Day One, Clinton was never assigned and never used a state.gov email address like previous secretaries. “That’s a change in the standard. It tells me that this was premeditated. And this eliminates claims by the State Department that they were unaware of her private email server until later,” Krongard said in an exclusive interview. “How else was she supposed to do business without email?”
He also points to the unusual absence of a permanent inspector general during Clinton’s entire 2009-2013 term at the department. He said the 5½-year vacancy was unprecedented. “This is a major gap. In fact, it’s without precedent,” he said. “It’s the longest period any department has gone without an IG.”
- 29 January. FBI Director Comey promotes Andrew McCabe to FBI Deputy Director even though McCabe's wife has already received $700,000 from Clinton donors and Terry McAuliffe who is also under FBI investigation.
- 11 February. DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz tells CNN Superdelegates exist "really to make sure that party leaders and elected officials don’t have to be in a position where they are running against grassroots activists.” Later news breaks that Wasserman Schultz quietly rescinded a 2008 ban on donations to the DNC from corporate lobbyists and PACs. The decision paves the way for the Hillary Victory Fund, a joint fundraising committee between the DNC and the Clinton campaign.
- 13 February. Supreme Court Justice Anton Scalia found dead in Texas.
- 25 March. Photo posted on Twitter of Papadopoulos with a group of people and the Togo ambassador in London to "discuss water management."
The FBI's illegal surveillance had been ongoing since at least November of 2015 through its contractors (FusionGPS, CrowdStrike, Daniel Richman, et al) who had access to the FISA database. FBI contractors were performing massive amounts of illegal FISA 702 "About queries," i.e., entering the name of a US person in the FISA database to cull their entire history of email, text, and voice electronic communications. 702 is specifically, by law, intended for use only on non-US persons residing outside the United States, and is considered a "serious Fourth Amendment violation" when applied to American citizens.
NSA Dir. Adm. Mike Rogers first became aware of the Obama FBI's abuse of the FISA database on March 9 and ordered a review; on April 18 he cut off FBI contractor access completely which set off a flurry of activity within the White House, the Department of Justice and FusionGPS to circumvent the ban and continue the illegal surveillance. Mary Jacoby visited the White House, along Jim Baker ("Mr. FISA") of the FBI, and Trish Anderson of DOJ; Christopher Steele and Nellie Ohr were hired by FusionGPS; Nellie Ohr applied for a Ham radio license to funnel FISA data from her husband, Asst. Attn. Gen. Bruce Ohr, to Steele outside normal NSA electronic monitoring processes.
- Early March. George Papadopoulos named head of LCILP so-called Centre for International Energy and Natural Resources Law & Security. Papadopoulos has been associated with the group for about two weeks; some sources say he may have been associated with the group since November 2015. LCILP appears to be a store front for Halkuyt, a UK firm of retired UK intelligence officers associated with Kissinger McClarty (Kissinger McClarty was formed in 1999 and dissolved in 2008 after Hillary lost to Obama).
- 4 March. Strzok-Lisa Page text exchange during GOP presidential debate:
Page - God Trump is loathsome human.Later,
Strzok – Yet he many win.
Strzok – Good for Hillary.
Page – It is.
Strzok – Would he be a worse president than Cruz?
Page –Trump?, yes I think so
Strzok – I’m not sure.
Strzok – Omg he’s an idiot.
Page – He’s awful
Strzok – America will get what the voting public deserves.Page – That’s what I’m afraid of.
Strzok – God Hillary should win. 100,000,000-0.
Page – I know
Page – Also did you hear him make a comment about the size of his d**k earlier? This man cannot be president.
Strzok – Yes I did. In relation to this size of his hand. All the “Lil Marco” blah blah blah... Ok I may vote for Trump.
Page – What? Poor Kasich. He’s the only sensible man up there.Strzok – He was pretty much calling for death for Snowden. I’m a single-issue voter. ;) Espionage Machine Party
- 6 March. According to Mueller, Papadopoulos' first known association with the Trump campaign.
- 7 March. BakerHostetler, the law firm acting on behalf of Prevezon Holdings and its owner Denis Katsyv, makes a payment to FusionGPS. FusionGPS was hired by BakerHostetler to investigate Bill Browder who helped push through the Magnitsky Act. Glenn Simpson, founding partner of Fusion GPS, compiled the research for the anti-Browder project. He worked closely with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer. Katsyv, a Russian businessman, and Prevezon sought to limit the impact of the Magnitsky Act sanctions. Through October 31, 2016 BakerHostetler paid FusionGPS $523,651.
- 9 March. DOJ oversight personnel conducting a minimization review (minimization is the process of masking identities of US persons incidentally collected while monitoring foreign surveillance targets) of FBI FISA abuses learn that the FBI disclosed raw FISA information to private contractors.
- Lisa Page sends text referencing “HUGE f-up”.
- Coincidentally the same day Reuters reports on an "undercover FBI employee" who helped the FBI catch Russian spies. The "undercover FBI employee" is later identified as Trump advisor Carter Page.
FBI eavesdropped on meetings involving Russian intelligence personnel in New York City, including a suspected spy posing as a trade representative, by hiding recorders in binders containing supposedly confidential information about the energy sector, U.S. prosecutors said.
The hours of covert recordings from 2013 were disclosed in papers filed in Manhattan federal court on Tuesday in the case of Evgeny Buryakov, a Russian citizen who U.S. prosecutors say posed as a banker while participating in a Cold War-style spy ring.
...According to prosecutors, in April 2012, Sporyshev met an undercover FBI employee posing as an analyst at a New York energy firm at an oil and gas industry conference.
Over the next two years, they met to discuss the industry and other economic and political issues, prosecutors said, with Sporyshev providing gifts and cash for information.
In 2013, the FBI employee began providing Sporyshev with the binders containing purported industry analysis he wrote, supporting documents, and “covertly placed recording devices,” prosecutors wrote.
- 11 March. DOJ press release announces: "Preet Bharara, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and John P. Carlin, Assistant Attorney General for National Security, announced that Evgrny Buryakov, a/k/a “Zhenya,” pled guilty today to conspiring to act in the United States as an agent of the Russian Federation, without providing prior notice to the Attorney General...The FBI obtained the recordings after Sporyshev attempted to recruit an FBI undercover employee (“UCE-1”) [UCE-1 = Carter Page] who was posing as an analyst from a New York-based energy company. In response to requests from Sporyshev, [Carter Page] provided Sporyshev with binders containing purported industry analysis written by [Carter Page] and supporting documentation relating to [Carter Page's] reports, as well as covertly placed recording devices."
- 12 March. Strzok-Page txt msg exchange:
Lisa Page – What the f is wrong with people? A Texas Candidate pushes the boundary to the far right. (NYT)
Strzok – That Texas article is depressing as hell. But answers how we could end up with President trump
Lisa Page – Wasn’t it? Seriously, how are people so incredible ignorant?
Strzok – I have no idea, but it depresses me. Same people who drive more when they get extra daylight from daylight savings, I’m guessing.
- 15 March. FusionGPS contract ends with Washington Free Beacon after Marco Rubio drops out of race. Free Beacon hired FusionGPS on 15 Oct 2015 to perform opposition research on Donald Trump and other Republican candidates. None of the research done for Free Beacon is related to the Steele dossier or Russia.
- 16 March. Strzok text: “Our guy is talking.”
- 22 March. Washington Post reports "Papadopoulos, a 2009 graduate of DePaul University, directs an international energy center at the London Center of International Law Practice,” and neglects to state he held the position for a few weeks at most.
- 24 March. Papadopoulos, Mifsud, Olga Polonskaya and unknown fourth party (designated the “Russian Ambassador to London – who also acts as the Deputy Foreign Minister”) meet in a London cafe.
- 25 March. Ukrainian-American operative for Democratic National Committee (DNC) Alexandra Chalupa meets with top Ukrainian officials at Ukrainian Embassy in Washington D.C. to “expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia,” according to Politico. Chalupa previously worked for the Clinton administration. Ukrainian embassy proceeds to work “directly with reporters researching Trump, Manafort and Russia to point them in the right directions,” according to an embassy official (though other officials later deny engaging in election-related activities.)
- 28 March. Paul Manafort joins Trump Campaign as campaign convention manager.
- 30 March. Bloomberg interview with Carter Page; Page describes himself as having advised the state-controlled natural gas giant Gazprom and helped it attract Western investors. Julia Ioffe reported for Politico that Carter Page was a mid-level executive at Merrill Lynch in Moscow who played no role in any of the big deals he boasted about. Almost no one in Moscow remembered Carter Page. Until Trump read his name off a piece of paper handed to him during a March interview with the Washington Post, almost no one in the Washington foreign policy world had heard of Carter Page either.
- 30 March. Ukrainian-American Democratic operative Alexandra Chalupa briefs Democratic National Committee (DNC) staff on Russia ties to Paul Manafort and Trump. Eith “DNC’s encouragement,” Chalupa asks Ukrainian embassy to arrange meeting with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to discuss Manafort’s lobbying for Ukraine’s former president Viktor Yanukovych. The embassy declines to arrange meeting but becomes “helpful” in trading info and leads. Ukrainian embassy officials and Democratic operative Chalupa “coordinat[e] an investigation with the Hillary team” into Paul Manafort, according to a source in Politico. This effort reportedly includes working with U.S. media.
The Clinton Campaign and DNC hired Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research, 'cash for trash' with a Russian emphasis. FEC records show Obama for America also paid $972,000 to Perkins Coie, the surrogate law firm for FusionGPS, beginning in April 2016. Mary Jacoby, wife of FusionGPS founder Glenn Simpson, visited the White House in April. FusionGPS then hired Nellie Ohr who specializes in Russian-centric counterintelligence. Nellie Ohr then collaborated with MI6 agent Christopher Steele to write the Steele dossier. A month later, in May 2016, Nellie Ohr’s husband inside the DOJ, Deputy Attn Gen. Bruce Ohr, was working with FBI counterintelligence deputy Peter Strzok. By June 2016 Peter Strzok, Bruce Ohr and DOJ Attorney Lisa Page applied for FISA approval against the Trump campaign, which was initially denied.
- 1 April. FusionGPS is hired by DNC & HRC Campaign (via Perkins Coie lawfirm to protect client/attorney privilege) and tasked with further "opposition research." Perkins Coie's lead attorney representing DNC & HRC Campaign is Marc E. Elias (who is also HRC's personal attorney). In addition, Perkins Coie also employs former Obama White House Chief Legal Counselor, Robert Bauer.
- 2 April. FBI lawyer Lisa Page texts Hillary email investigator Peter Strzok: "So look, you say we text on that phone when we talk about Hillary because it can’t be traced, you were just venting, bc you feel bad that you’re gone so much but that can’t be helped right now."
Email exchanges from 2009 to 2011 exist in which both Mills and Abedin directly discussed or were involved in discussing Hillary Clinton’s private email server. Both denied knowledge of it to FBI investigator Peter Strzok. Neither were prosecuted for lying to the FBI despite the FBI being in possession of emails with condemning evidence they lied.
- 5 April. Huma Abedin lies to FBI investigator Peter Strzok. "Abedin did not know that Clinton had a private server until about a year and a half ago when it became public knowledge.” Abedin and Cheryl Mills were involved in an Aug. 30, 2011 exchange in which State Department official Stephen Mull mentioned that Clinton’s “email server is down.” In a Jan. 9, 2011 email exchange, Cooper told Abedin that Clinton’s server had been malfunctioning because “someone was trying to hack us.” “Had to shut down the server,” wrote Cooper, who told the FBI in his interviews that he discussed Clinton’s server with Abedin in 2009, when it was being set up.
- 5 April. Convicted spy Evgeny Buryakov is turned over to Russia.
- 6-10 April. Ukrainian-American Democratic operative Chalupa and office of Rep. Mary Kaptur (D-Ohio), co-chair of Congressional Ukrainian Caucus, discuss possible congressional investigation or hearing on Paul Manafort-Russia “by September.” Chalupa begins working with investigative reporter Michael Isikoff, according to her later account.
- 9 April. Cheryl Mills lies to FBI investigator Peter Strzok. “Mills did not learn Clinton was using a private server until after Clinton’s [Department of State] tenure...Mills stated she was not even sure she knew what a server was at the time." Mills asked about it in a Feb. 27, 2010 email to Abedin and an aide to Bill Clinton who helped set up the Clinton Chappaqua server. “Ur funny. We are on the same server,” Cooper replied.
- 10 April. Obama intervenes in an ongoing FBI criminal investigation when he publicly states that Hillary Clinton has shown “carelessness” in using a private e-mail server to handle classified information, but he insisted that she had not intended to endanger national security which is not an element of the criminal statutes relevant to her e-mail scandal. Obama acknowledged that classified information had been transmitted via Sec. Clinton’s server, but he suggested its importance was overstated.
- Strzok texts Lisa Page that he was
“increasingly profoundly bothered by JBs [ FBI General Counsel James Baker ] call and the lack of ANY heads up. Deeply. It was wrong given what I had already been asked to do...I’m not sure if I want to be part of this.”Lisa Page responds,
“You are part of this and that’s not going to change. But I think you have every right to be angry and frustrated about being left out of the loop on your investigation, especially when you’re going to be left holding the bag. . . . Big big case, big big problems.”
- 12 April. Ukrainian parliament member Olga Bielkova and a colleague meet with Sen. John McCain associate David Kramer with the McCain Institute. Bielkova also meets with Liz Zentos of Obama’s National Security Council, and State Department official Michael Kimmage.
- 14 April - 10 May. Papadopoulos leaves LCILP sometime in this period.
- 18 April. As a result of NSA Dir. Mike Rogers compliance review of FISA abuse queries by contractors authorized by Obama DOJ & FBI conspirators, contractor access to ongoing FISA intelligence was blocked.
After being shut out by the FISA Compliance Audit, and contracted by the Clinton campaign, FusionGPS needed a back-door to access continued FISA information. FusionGPS hired Russian expert and CIA network ally Nellie Ohr, wife of DOJ Dep. AG Bruce Ohr. Nellie, a part of the CIA network, could use Bruce’s high level DOJ-NSD access to continue gathering FISA-702 data; and Nellie, Bruce and Simpson collaborated on other projects in the past.
- Mifsud introduces Papadopoulos to Ivan Timofeev, an official at a state-sponsored think tank called Russian International Affairs Council.
- DNC alleges they were hacked.
- Wikileaks lawyer John Jones thrown in front of train in London. The death is ruled a suicide. Coroner's inquest later overturns ruling.
- 19 April. Mary Jacoby, wife of FusionGPS founder Glenn Simpson, shows up on White House visitor logs meeting with Obama officials.
- 25 April Two White House meetings between FBI Counsel James Baker, Trisha B Anderson (FBI), Tashina Guahar( DOJ), John T Lynch (DOJ), John (Brad) Wiegmann (DOJ), Alan Rozenshtein (DOJ), Norman (Christopher) Hardee (DOJ), and Iris Lan (DOJ). DOJ attorneys Guahar, Hardee, Wiegmann are FISA attorneys.
- 26 April. Investigative reporter Michael Isikoff publishes story on Yahoo News about Paul Manafort’s business dealings with a Russian oligarch.
- Mifsud tells Papadopoulos he’s met with high-level Russian government officials who have “dirt” on Clinton. Papadopoulos will tell the FBI he learned of the emails prior to joining the Trump Campaign.
- 27 April. Trump delivers major foreign policy speech: “We desire to live peacefully and in friendship with Russia and China. We have serious differences with these two nations, and must regard them with open eyes, but we are not bound to be adversaries. We should seek common ground based on shared interests. Russia, for instance, has also seen the horror of Islamic terrorism. I believe an easing of tensions, and improved relations with Russia, from a position of strength only, is possible, absolutely possible. Common sense says this cycle, this horrible cycle of hostility must end and ideally will end soon. Good for both countries. Some say the Russians won’t be reasonable. I intend to find out. If we can’t make a deal under my administration, a deal that’s great — not good, great — for America, but also good for Russia, then we will quickly walk from the table. It’s as simple as that. We’re going to find out.”
- 28 April. Ukrainian-American Democratic operative Chalupa is invited to discuss her research about Paul Manafort with 68 investigative journalists from Ukraine at Library of Congress for Open World Leadership Center, a U.S. congressional agency. Chalupa invites investigative reporter Michael Isikoff to “connect(s) him to the Ukrainians.” After the event, reporter Isikoff accompanies Chalupa to Ukrainian embassy reception.
- DNC CEO Amy Dacy spoke with Michael Sussmann, a DNC lawyer and partner with Perkins Coie. Sussmann contacted Shawn Henry, CSO and President of Crowdstrike Services. Dacy “resigned” as CEO of DNC on August 2, 2016.
- 29 April. DNC learns it's computer system has been breached. They claim to have been "tipped-off" that the hacking was by Russians.
- 30 April. After Adm. Rogers cuts off contractor access, Strzok texts, "And now we’ve switched from the Patriot Act to a wire carrying current.” (See Tempest (codename))
- DNC hires CrowdStrike, a private firm, to install software that is meant to identify who gained access, when, and how. The next day, on May 1, CrowdStrike determines that the "intrusion had originated in Russia," although they would later retract.
- April. Ukrainian member of parliament Olga Bielkova reportedly seeks meetings with five dozen members of U.S. Congress and reporters including former New York Time reporter Judy Miller, David Sanger of New York Times, David Ignatius of Washington Post, and Washington Post editorial page editor Fred Hiatt.
Spring 2016. John Brennan developed a false narrative:
"CIA Dir. John Brennan received information from British GCHQ intelligence as part of an allegedly "routine" intelligence sharing agreement about Trump associates' business dealings in Russia. The information is said to have originated with Estonian intelligence. Estonia is requesting a missile defence system at this time, while Trump adviser Newt Gingrich refers to the country of 1.3 million inhabitants as a 'suburb of St. Petersberg', which has 5.3 million inhabitants. Gingrich, rumoured to be on the short list for Secretary of State, says he doubts American leaders would risk nuclear war over Putin's actions in the region.In actuality, John Brennan received nothing from UK intelligence, nonetheless Brennan shared his invented narrative with Clapper and Comey to form a Joint Counter-Intelligence Task Force. The FBI began an investigation into Paul Manafort's associations. This investigation led to wiretapping of at least three Trump associates, Paul Manafort, Carter Page, and Roger Stone.
Allegedly, the information that triggered Brennan to act was a tape recorded conversation that mentioned money from the Kremlin to the Trump Campaign."
The fake narrative is nothing new for Brennan; a decade earlier Brennan was responsible for fake narratives about US domestic spying under the Patriot Act to cover information that was gleaned from the Torture Program which Brennan oversaw.
The OIG found Comey began considering the possibility of an FBI-only public statement in late April and early May 2016 well in advance of the late June tarmac meeting. Comey put out a draft statement on May 2 for FBI leadership to assist. Senate Homeland Security chairman Ron Johnson revealed, "The edits to Director Comey’s public statement, made months prior to the conclusion of the FBI’s investigation of Secretary Clinton’s conduct, had a significant impact on the FBI’s public evaluation of the implications of her actions." Johnson further declared the edits to Comey’s statements “raise profound questions about the FBI’s role and possible interference in the 2016 presidential election and the role of the same agents in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of President Trump.” The Homeland Security Cmte. found in February 2018 that
- The FBI did not use a grand jury to compel testimony and obtain the vast majority of evidence, choosing instead to offer immunity deals and allow fact witnesses to join key interviews.
- There were substantial edits to Dir. Comey’s public statement that served to downplay the severity of Sec. Clinton’s actions, and that the first draft of the memo was distributed for editing two months before key witnesses were interviewed.
- Dir. Comey stated that he had not consulted with the Justice Department or White House, when text messages suggest otherwise. We have text messages in which two key investigators discuss an “insurance policy” against the “risk” of a Trump presidency, and “OUR task.”
- Messages discuss “unfinished business,” “an investigation leading to impeachment,” and “my gut sense and concern there’s no big there there.”
- Senior FBI officials—likely including Dep. Dir. McCabe— knew about newly discovered emails on a laptop belonging to Anthony Weiner for almost a month before Director Comey notified Congress.
- Over the period of at least four months, the FBI did not recover five months’ worth of text messages requested by DOJ OIG and two Senate committees; however, when pressed, DOJ OIG was able to recover missing texts in less than one week.
- 1 May. CrowdStrike determines that DNC system had an "intrusion that originated in Russia," although they would later retract.
- 2 May. Comey writes internal memorandum saying Hillary Clinton and others guilty of gross negligence punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment; Comey sends draft copies of his memo to Dep. Dir. Andrew McCabe, general counsel James Baker and chief of staff James Rybicki.
- The FBI admits it recovered thousands of State Dept. emails that originated or passed through Clinton’s private server — some which had been deleted — that were never turned over to the State Department as government records by Clinton’s team. Comey told Sen. Grassley that the FBI did investigate whether violations of Federal Records Act occurred.
- 3 May. Ukrainian-American Democratic operative Chalupa emails Democratic National Committee (DNC) that she’ll share sensitive info about Paul Manafort “offline” including “a big Trump component…that will hit in next few weeks.”
- 4 May. FBI lawyer Lisa Page and FBI Clinton email investigator Peter Strzok react to Trump sealing GOP nomination:
Page – And holy sh*t Cruz just dropped out of the race. It’s going to be a Clinton Trump race. Unbelievable.
Strzok – What?!?!??
Page – You heard that right my friend
Strzok – I saw Trump won, figured it would be a bit
Strzok - Now the pressure really starts to finish MYE [Mid Year Exam - codename for the Clinton investigation] ….Page - It sure does. We need to talk about follow up call tomorrow. We still never have.
- 5 May. Lisa Page attends a meeting at the White House; on the same day the Washington Post carries a ‘sources say’ story about the meeting. The subject was the Hillary Clinton email investigation.
- Imran Awan mentioned in DNC emails; members of the Awan klan were paid $5 million through the Wasserman Schultz Superdelegate machine and would have scant motive as being the source of WikiLeaks.
- 11 May. Wikileaks lawyer Michael Ratner dead in New York.
- 12 May. Prevezon Holdings settles with the U.S. government for $6 million in a Russia money-laundering suit. Natalie Veselnitskaya remains in US to lobby for repeal of Russian sanctions. She has overstayed her immigration parole status which was specially authorized by Loretta Lynch's office because the clients she represents are on the Russian sanctions list. Veselnitskaya begins working for FusionGPS to illegally lobby for repeal of sanctions (the Magnitsky Act). Neither Veselnitskaya nor FusionGPS register as Russian agents under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).
- Susan Rice says there are "too many whites in top National Security positions."
- 13 May. Mifsud emails Papadopoulos an update of “recent conversations”.
- 16 May. FBI Dir. James Comey meets with President Obama in the White House; by afternoon Comey's revised draft memo is circulating among FBI leadership, Comey, Andrew McCabe, Bill Priestap, Peter Strzok, James Rybicki, Johnathan Moffa, James Baker, Trisha Anderson, David Bowdich and several other redacted names.
- Strzok changes the language of draft memo from "grossly negligent" to "extremely careless." The pre-edited statement of Comey’s May 2 memo stated that “we assess it is reasonably likely that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s private email account.” However, Comey’s July 5 public statement read, “Given that combination of factors, we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail account.”
- Sen. Grassley remarks 17 witnesses including Clinton were interviewed after the decision not to prosecuted was made. “Making a conclusion before you interview key fact witnesses and the subject herself violates the very premise of good investigation. You don't lock into a theory until you have the facts." The evidence shows the FBI locked into a theory that Clinton was innocent and then edited out the facts that contradicted it.
- Podesta Group files disclosure notice with Senate on behalf of the Gulenist organization, the Alliance for Shared Values. The group’s executive director Alp Aslandogan is also a Clinton donor.
- 20 May. Paul Manafort, on the day after becoming Trump's Campaign Chairman & Chief Strategist, rebuffs George Papadopoulos attempts to arrange contact between Russian contacts and Trump campaign.
Papadopoulos persisted, forwarding the same invitation to Manafort several weeks later. “Russia has been eager to meet with Mr. Trump for some time and have been reaching out to me to discuss,” Papadopoulos wrote. Manafort appears to have shrugged at the idea. He forwarded the message to his business partner, Rick Gates, saying that “We need someone to communicate that DT is not doing these trips.” Manafort’s response to Papadopoulos’ request is “concrete evidence that the Russia collusion narrative is fake news,” Manafort spokesman Jason Maloni told The Post. “Mr. Manafort’s swift action reflects the attitude of the campaign — any invitation by Russia, directly or indirectly, would be rejected outright.”
- 21 May. WikiLeaks Director Gavin MacFadyen receives DNC email transfer from Seth Rich.
- 22 May. DNC alerted to in-house breach
- 23 May. Nellie Ohr applies for HAM radio license, a communication tool that would allow Nellie Ohr and Christopher Steele the ability to communicate outside the normal risk of communication intercepts.
- FBI probe into Virginia governor and Clinton ally Terry McAuliffe becomes public. (McAuliffe is ultimately not charged with a crime.)
- Justice Department Inspector General confirms it’s looking into FBI’s Andrew McCabe for alleged conflicts of interest in handling of Clinton and Gov. McAuliffe probes in light of McAuliffe directing campaign donations to McCabe’s wife.
- 24 May. Perkins Coie, the surrogate law firm acting on behalf of Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC, makes a payment of $91,500 to FusionGPS.
- 25 May. Report from the Inspector General for the State Department finds Clinton personally violated federal records law, that there were attempts to hack into her system, that some Clinton aides also used personal email accounts exclusively for government business and did not fully cooperate with the IG investigation and that Clinton failed to turn over all of the emails she was required to turn over to investigators.
- Photo posted by Nagi Idris on Twitter of Papadopoulos among a LCILP delegation visiting Link Campus University in Italy where Mifsud is an official in charge of a three-year degree course in political science and international relations. Papadopoulos has officially left the LCILP already.
- Date of the last email in the Seth Rich/DNC Email Archive released by Wikileaks.
- May. U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph "Rudy" Contreras, a friend of lead FBI counterintelligence agent, Peter Strzok appointed to FISA court (FISC).
FusionGPS was retained by a law firm to assist with representation of a Russian defendant in a civil forfeiture case arising out of alleged money laundering activities uncovered by the late Sergei Magnitsky (whose name was subsequently given to the U.S. human rights law, the Magnitsky Act). Glenn Simpson acknowledged that the Kremlin's interests in the case were aligned with his client and against the U.S. Government.
Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya hired the law firm for which Simpson was working, and that firm retained the services of Russian-American lobbyist Rinat Akhmetshin, both of whom attended a meeting at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016. During the litigation, Veselnitskaya received, via the law firm, memoranda summarizing [redacted] research. Certain topics - including the Ziff Brothers (a venture capital firm specializing in capital investment) - were the-subject of both (1) memoranda Veselnitskaya received from Simpson and (2) the presentation Veselnitskaya made to Trump campaign officials. Simpson acknowledged being with Veselnitskaya at a court hearing in New York on the morning of June 9, 2016, prior to her meeting at Trump Tower. He further recalled having drinks and dinner with her and others, including Akhmetshin, in Washington, D,C, a day or two later.
Russian hacking claims relied entirely on a report by a private company the DNC hired called CrowdStrike of Irvine, CA. Crowdstrike was founded by Dimitry Alperovitch, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, a civilian conjunct of the NATO alliance, and is partially funded by Google which led a $100M 'Series C' investment round.
Neither the FBI nor the Dept. of Homeland Security ever examined the DNC serves to determine if indeed they were hacked, or attempt to identify who the hacker might have been.
The mainstream media ran with the CrowdStrike version of a hack in an attempt to delegitimize Trump. Starting in June 2016 and continuing forward the DNC, Washington Post, New York Times, and other MSM outlets have been using CrowdStrike's allegations in an attempt to delegitimize Donald Trump while providing an excuse for Hillary Clinton's loss. From there followed claims that "Russia hacked the U.S. elections."
- 1 June. Mueller Version of Papadopoulos Statement of Offense becomes vague about Papadopoulos' alleged foreign contacts between now and August, with no reference to Sergei Millian. The Wall Street Journal has reported on Millian as being both Source D and E in the Steele dossier:
Sergei Millian, a 38-year-old American citizen who has claimed he helped market Trump properties to Russian buyers, wasn’t a direct source for the 35-page dossier, this person said. Rather, his statements about the Trump-Russia relationship were relayed by at least one third party to the British ex-spy who prepared the dossier, the person said.The Daily Caller New Foundation reported:
Among the unverified allegations of Mr. Millian’s that an intermediary passed along, the person said: The claim that the Russians had compromising video of Mr. Trump that could be used to blackmail him, and a claim that there was a “conspiracy of cooperation” between the Trump camp and Russian leadership that involved hacking the computers of Mr. Trump’s Democratic opponents.
In the dossier, the source believed to be Mr. Millian is referred to at various times as both Source D and Source E and is cited as somebody “speaking in confidence to a compatriot” or “speaking in confidence to a trusted associate.”
Papadopoulos’ wife, is now drawing attention to two other encounters that Papadopoulos has had over the past two years that she considers “highly suspicious.” One of those contacts [Million] offered to pay Papadopoulos $30,000 a month while he worked inside the Trump administration, she told The Daily Caller News Foundation.By contrast, Mueller's Statement of Offense is strangely silent on Millian:
...Sergei Millian, a Belarus-born businessman who is alleged to be a major source for the infamous Steele dossier.....
Mangiante, an Italian national, confirmed to TheDCNF that Millian is the individual Papadopoulos described in a July 22, 2016 Facebook message that is cited in documents the special counsel’s office released in October.
Papadopoulos and Millian met days after the July 22, 2016 Facebook message....
Mangiante also said that Papadopoulos and Millian met multiple times in Chicago and New York City before the election. In one encounter in Chicago, Millian offered Papadopoulos a substantial sum of money as part of an energy-related business deal.
The catch was that Millian said Papadopoulos would have to remain in the Trump administration while carrying out the work.
From mid-June through mid-August 2016, PAPADOPOULOS pursued an “off the record” meeting between one or more Campaign representatives and “members of president putin’s office and the mfa [Ministry of Foreign Affairs].”
- 9 June. Rinat Akhmetshin and Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer working for FusionGPS and Ike Kaveladze meet with Donald Trump Jr. and Jared Kushner. FusionGPS was hired by BakerHostetler to investigate Bill Browder, who helped push through the Magnitsky Act. Simpson compiled the research for the anti-Browder project and worked closely with Natalia Veselnitskaya. Simpson briefed Veselnitskaya hours before the meeting, and Simpson’s research ended up in the Trump Tower meeting in the form of a four-page memo carried by Veselnitskaya. She also shared Simpson’s work with Yuri Chaika, the prosecutor general of Russia.
Prevezon Holdings and its Russian owner Denis Katsyv hired BakerHostetler to investigate Browder. Katsyv and Prevezon sought to limit the impact of the Magnitsky Act sanctions.
- 10 June. FBI enters immunity deal with Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson that resulted in laptops with evidence being turned over to agents late in the probe. The decision to grant immunity to the Clinton advisers as well as the computer technician involved in the email deletions was made “with the idea it would be better to know all the circumstances” before the case was closed out.
- 12 June. FusionGPS hires Christopher Steele (former British Intelligence Officer) of Orbis Business Intelligence (Steele's London-based firm) to begin compiling the Clinton-Steele dossier alleging ties between Trump and Russia. Steele discloses this and his period of employment with FusionGPS (12 Jun 2016 through 30 Oct 2016) in court filings stemming from a lawsuit against him and the dossier.
- Steele was identified as a British spy in 1999, and head of the Russia desk when Russian assassins killed FSB defector Alexander Litvinenko in a sushi restaurant in London. As such, Steele was hardly in a position to make discreet inquiries to Russian intelligence.
- Julian Assange tells UK TV of more Clinton leaks to come.
- 14 June. Washington Post puts out sensational fake news story of Russian hacking the DNC. CrowdStrike is reported as discovering the hack, but the hack has never been independently verified by the FBI or any other independent firm or government agency. CrowdStrike, under contract to the DNC, is assisting the DNC to brace for embarrassing Wikileaks revelations of the document dumps procured by DNC whistleblower Seth Rich by blaming Russian hackers.
- DNC alleges Trump Opposition Research stolen in hack.
- 15 June. Someone purporting to be Guccifer2.0 claims responsibility for DNC hack and claims to be a source for Wikileaks. The first 5 documents he posts are purposefully tainted with 'Russian Fingerprints' and the first of those documents just so happens to be the Trump Opposition Research the DNC announce on the previous day.
- 16 June. Obama operative David Plouffe declares war on Trump and the Trump movement. He tweets: "It is not enough to simply beat Trump. He must be destroyed thoroughly. His kind must not rise again."
- 20 June. Christopher Steele files first report entitled Company Intelligence Report. The report alludes to sexual innuendo in the Moscow Ritz Hilton in 2013.
- 22 June. Wikileaks publishes leaked documents that the DNC rigged the nomination for Hillary Clinton and obstructed Bernie Sanders campaign. Sanders supporters vow lawsuits.
- FBI conspirators Lisa Page & Peter Strzok exchange texts: "Page – Just leaving my meeting now. How we make law in this country is offensive and irresponsible." "Strzok – I know it is. Its why I LOATHE congress. Can’t wait to hear the story."
- 27 June. Bill Clinton meets Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch in a face-to-face meeting on board her plane at an airport hanger in Phoenix, an environment that eliminated a paper trail and to avoid NSA electronic metadata collection. It is said Lynch authorized the Justice Dept. to proceed with a FISA warrant application after this meeting. The Inspector General found in interviews with Bill Clinton and Lynch had their stories straight. They both denied discussing Hillary's email investigation. Lynch complained that Bill keeping her too long gave the appearance of her being compromised. The IG called Lynch's participation and failure to recuse an error in judgement, her explanations did not adequately address the situation, and created confusion among the public whether the justice system works.
- 29 June. Justice Dept. and FBI begin efforts to kill the story about the Bill Clinton/Loretta Lynch tarmac meeting and Lynch's conflict of interest with regard to making a decision to prosecute Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified information.
- 30 June. The FBI investigation concluded that Sec. of State Clinton communicated with President Obama via email. The fact that President Obama and Hillary Clinton were emailing each other, indicates President Obama did in fact know of Clinton’s illegal email account. FBI Draft statement on Hillary's exoneration reads,
We also assess that Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal email domain was both known by a large number of people and readily apparent. She also used her personal email extensively while outside the United States, including from the territory of sophisticated adversaries. That use included an email exchange with the President while Secretary Clinton was on the territory of such an adversary. [Emphasis added.] Given that combination of factors, we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal email account.
From the txt msg. between Strzok and Lisa Page, we see that Asst. FBI Dir. W.H. “Bill” Priestap helped create the carefully worded announcement Dir. Comey delivered in July 2016 to extricate Clinton from her illegal problems.
Strzok – K. Rybicki just sent another version.
Page – Bill [Priestap] just popped his head in, hopefully to talk to him.
Strzok – Hope so. Just left Bill [Priestap]. Talked about the speed, the [redacted] stuff relating to the case, and what I told you about earlier.Strzok – He [Priestap] changed "President" to "another senior government official".
- Bill Priestap was Strzok’s direct boss. As head of FBI counterintelligence, Priestap would have to sign off on the use of FusionGPS (aka: Bean LLC, aka, Glenn Simpson), Crowdstrike, and/or any FBI contractor who was allowed access to, or received information from, the FBI database. Priestap would have needed to authorize Strzok to engage with Christopher Steele over the Steele dosssier. Priestap would have to approve the underlying documents that were used for both FISA applications (June/July and Sept/Oct). Priestap would be the person to approve of paying, or reimbursing, Christopher Steele for the Steele dossier used in the FBI counterintelligence operation and subsequent FISA application.
- Late June. Justice Dept. seeks FISA warrant to eavesdrop on Michael T. Flynn, Paul Manafort, Carter Page and George Papadopoulos (earlier reports listed Donald Trump, Carter Page, Paul Manafort and Boris Epshteyn). FISA court denies request. Ordinary procedures call for the Justice Department to ask a FISA Court for a warrant. It is improbable that Attorney General Loretta Lynch acted on her own against a presidential nominee of another party without consulting President Obama.
- FBI agent Peter Strzok has direct contact with Christopher Steele and receives preliminary draft of the Steele dossier. According to Robby Mook, the partial dossier information was also given to the DNC and Clinton campaign.
- Late June 2016: DCLeaks website begins publishing Democratic National Committee emails.
- The National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine signs evidence-sharing agreement with FBI and will later publicly release a “ledger” implicating Paul Manafort in allegedly improper payments.
Oversight protocol requires the FBI Director to tell the congressional intelligence Gang of Eight (Go8) of any counterintelligence operations. The Go8 has oversight into these operations at the highest level of classification. In July 2016 the time the Obama FBI Counterintelligence Division operation began, oversight was the responsibility of Speaker Paul Ryan, Minority leader Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority leader Cuck Schumer, House Intel chair Devin Nunes, ranking member Adam Schiff, Senate Intel chair Richard Burr, and ranking member Diane Feinstein. Comey and the Obama FBI kept hidden from the Go8 its counterintelligence operation against a presidential candidate, Donald Trump. FBI Agent Peter Strzok referred to the Obama administration's illegal counterintelligence operation as an “insurance policy”.
Throughout July, August and Sept 2016 Fusion GPS paid journalists from the New York Times, ABC, Ken Dilanian of NBC and others to listen to Christopher Steele and simultaneously shopping the fake Steele dossier to them. Court papers confirm payments. The list of journalists and media outlets made aware of Steele’s investigations is extensive. Those journalists include New Yorker editor David Remnick, Atlantic editor Jeffrey Goldberg, former New Republic editor Franklin Foer, and Washington Post columnist Anne Applebaum. Reuters reported that it, too, was briefed on the dossier, and while it refrained from reporting on it before the election, its national security reporter Mark Hosenball became an advocate of the dossier’s findings after Trump's victory in November 2016. BBC's Paul Wood wrote in January 2017 that he was briefed on the dossier a week before the election. Newsweek’s Kurt Eichenwald likely saw Steele’s work around the same time, because he published an article days before the election based on a “Western intelligence” source (i.e., Steele) who cited names and data points that could only come from the DNC- and Clinton-funded opposition research.
- Early July. "Steele, after consulting with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson, reaches out to the FBI about what he has heard," according Washington Post reporting. The Schiff memo denies this fact.
- July. Ukraine minister of internal affairs Arsen Avakov attacks Trump and Trump campaign adviser Paul Manafort on Twitter and Facebook, calling Trump “an even bigger danger to the US than terrorism.”
Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk writes on Facebook that Trump has “challenged the very values of the free world.”
- Obama national security adviser Susan Rice begins to show increased interest in National Security Agency (NSA) intelligence material including “unmasked” Americans’ identities, according to news reports referring to White House logs.
- 1 July. Lynch announces that she would accept whatever recommendation Comey and career prosecutors made about charging Clinton. Strzok and Lisa Page exchange txt msg saying that Lynch knew in advance of FBI's decision not to charge Hillary Clinton.
Strzok – Holy cow....nyt breaking [Matt] Apuzzo, Lync[h] will accept whatever rec[ommendation] and career prosecutors make. No political appointee input.
Strzok – Lynch. Timing not great, but whatever. Wonder if that's why the coordination language added.
Page – No way. This is a purposeful leak following the airplane snafu.
Strzok – Timing looks like hell. Will appear to be choreographed. All major news networks literally leading with "AG to accept FBI D[irector]'s recommendation."
Page – Yeah, that is awful timing. Nothing we can do about it.
Strzok – What I meant was, did DOJ tell us yesterday they were doing this, so D[irector] added that language.
Strzok – Yep. I told Bill [Priestap] the same thing. Delaying just makes it worse.
Page – And yes. I think we had some warning of it. I know they sent some statement to [Comey Chief of Staff James] rybicki, bc he called andy [McCabe].Page – And yeah, it's a real profile in couragw [sic], since she [Lynch] knows no charges will be brought.
- Lynch, having failed to recuse herself, retained authority over both the final prosecution decision and the Department’s management of the Clinton email investigation.
- Shawn Lucas serves papers on DNC for lawsuit on behalf of Bernie Sanders supporters alleging election fraud.
- 2 July. Obama donor and "career" employee Dept. of Justice Chief of Counterintelligence David Laufman and Peter Strzok conduct long delayed personal interview with Hillary Clinton in email investigation. Peter Strzok, FBI Deputy Director for counterintelligence also participates. Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson were allowed to sit in. No video, transcript or oath is made. White House and Justice Department claim that the investigators are independent and nonpartisan.
- John Ashe, former President of the UN General Assembly, crushes his own throat days before slated to testify against Hillary Clinton in a corruption trial.
- 4 July. Franklin Foer writes in Slate, an article enitled Putin’s Puppet, which appears to come from Christopher Steele and the Steele dossier. Foer’s piece argues the Trump campaign was overly Russia-friendly. Foer discusses Trump’s team, including campaign convention manager Paul Manafort, who worked with former Ukrainian president Victor Yanukovich, and Carter Page.
- 5 July. Dir. James Comey usurps the power of the Attorney General and DOJ prosecutors to publicly announce his intention not to recommend prosecution of Hillary Clinton for felonious acts the which the investigation determined she and her staff committed. Comey violates longstanding departmental policy of the FBI not commenting on investigations in public.
- Comey states that Sec. Clinton and staff were “extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information," and "there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information…There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those with whom she was corresponding about the matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation." Comey referred the matter to the Justice Dept. for a prosecutorial decision. In the absence of prosecution, security or administrative sanctions are the norm. Comey's decision to by-pass DoJ rules and take matters into his own hands may have been part of a counterintelligence operation.
- Comey lies about colluding with Lynch: “I have not coordinated or reviewed this statement in any way with the Department of Justice or any other part of the government. They do not know what I am about to say.”
- Christopher Steele gives FBI Agent Mike Gaetain a copy of dossier in London. Permission was given by Victoria Nuland to meet with Steele. Nuland receives a copy by mid July and passes it to FBI.
- 6 July. Loretta Lynch announces that no charges would be brought against Hillary Clinton related to the email investigation.
- 7 July. Lisa Page texts Strzok NYT article: "Page – Thought this was spot on. Hillary Clinton: Survivor https://NYTi.ms/29z0oku 
- James Comey in testimony before the House Oversight Cmte. refuses to answer questions about whether the FBI was investigating the Clinton Foundation.
- Businessman and former campaign associate Carter Page delivers graduation commencement speech at Moscow's New Economic School. President Obama addressed graduates of the same institution in 2009. Page has no role in the campaign nor has ever met or briefed Trump. Nonetheless, Obama agents eventually obtain a FISA warrant to monitor Page, convincing a judge there’s probable cause to believe Page is a Russian agent based on the speech which is critical of Obama's policy toward Russia. Surveillance of Page allows government officials to “incidentally” collect communications of the Trump campaign if they communicate with Page.
- 8 July. House Select Committee on Beghazi votes on final version of report. Report finds "Susan Rice’s comments on the Sunday talk shows were met with shock and disbelief by State Department employees in Washington. The Senior Libya Desk Officer, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, State Department, wrote: “I think Rice was off the reservation on this one.” The Deputy Director, Office of Press and Public Diplomacy, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, State Department, responded: “Off the reservation on five networks!” The Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications, Bureau of Near East Affairs, State Department, wrote: “WH [White House] very worried about the politics. This was all their doing.” [pg. 132]
- 4:19 EDT. DNC IT staffer Seth Rich murdered. Rich had leaked the Podesta emails to Gavin MacFadyen of Wikileaks.
- 4:20 EDT. Officers report beginning of incident with Seth Conrad Rich.
- 5:57 EDT. Seth pronounced dead by unknown physician at unknown hospital.
- Seymour Hersh states the FBI file says a .22 caliber pistol was used.
- Seth Rich was not the source of Guccifer 2.0 materials. Rich was an inside DNC whistleblower who transferred information to Wikileaks; Guccifer 2.0 was a Clinton campaign false flag operation to discredit Wikileaks and establish a fake news cover story of Russian hacking.
- Clinton operatives hope to cover the DNC whistleblower breach with a fake news story about Russia hacking DNC computers.
- Strzok and Lisa Page discuss problem of getting Black Lives Matter protesters onboard the Democrat train: "Strzok – And meanwhile, we have Black Lives Matter protestors, right now, chanting “no justice no peace” around DoJ and the White House… Page – That’s awful."
- 11 July. Stefan Halper invited Carter Page to attend a symposium held at Cambridge University in England regarding the upcoming election. The speaker list included: Madeleine Albright (former U.S. Secretary of State); Vin Weber (Republican Party strategist and former Congressman); Ambassador Peter Ammon (German Ambassador to the UK); Sir Richard Dearlove (former head of MI6); Bridget Kendall (BBC diplomatic correspondent and the next Master of Peterhouse College); Sir Malcolm Rifkind (former Defence and Foreign Secretary). Carter Page attended the symposium four days after his Moscow trip. Page met with Halper during the London visit.
- 13 July. Florida Sanders supporters file suit alleging DNC’s favoritism of Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders amounted to fraud, misrepresentation, unjust enrichment, breach of fiduciary duty, and negligence.
- Ties emerge between Hillary Clinton and Fethullah Gulen.
- 14 July. FBI investigation of Seth Rich's computer discover copies of 44,053 emails and 17,761 attachments between Democratic National Committee leaders, spanning from January 2015 through late May 2016, were transferred from Rich to Gavin MacFadyen of WikiLeaks.
- DC homicide investigators told to stand down.
- FBI lawyer Lisa Page and 'Espionage Machine Party' operative Peter Strzok, who briefed Comey on obstructing justice in the Hillary email 'matter' by referring to criminal gross negligence as extreme carelessness, discuss backlash:
Page – Have you read this? It’s really frightening. For Whites Sensing Decline, Donald Trump Unleashes Words of Resistance http://NYTI/ms/29WCu5!
Strzok – I have not. But I think it’s clear he’s capturing all the white, poor voters who the mainstream republicans abandoned in all but name in the quest for the almighty $$$
Page – Yeah, it’s not good.
Strzok – Poll Finds Emails Weighing on Hillary Clinton, Now Tied With Donald Trump http://nyti.ms/29RV5gfPage – It is
- 15 July. Human Rights Accountability Global Initiative Foundation and others file formal complaint with the US Justice Department against FusionGPS alleging that Fusion GPS was working as a lobbyist for Russian interests and failed to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) and the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995. The Obama administration ignores complaint.
- Perkins Coie, the surrogate law firm acting on behalf of Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC, makes a payment of $107,399.74 to FusionGPS.
- Gulenist coup attempt in Turkey; Fethullah Gulen and many of his followers are Clinton Foundation donors.
- 18 July. RNC Convention platform completed. It reads,
Repressive at home and reckless abroad, their policies imperil the nations which regained their self-determination upon the collapse of the Soviet Union. We will meet the return of Russian belligerence with the same resolve that led to the collapse of the Soviet Union. We will not accept any territorial change in Eastern Europe imposed by force, in Ukraine or elsewhere, and will use all appropriate measures to bring to justice the practitioners of aggression and assassination.
We support maintaining and, if warranted, increasing sanctions, together with our allies, against Russia unless and until Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity are fully restored. We also support providing appropriate assistance to the armed forces of Ukraine and greater coordination with NATO defense planning.
- Mainstream fake news reporting begins kenard, based on Hillary Clinton's opposition research Steele dossier, that Donald Trump "gutted" the RNC platform on support for an independent Ukraine.
- 19 July. During the Republican National Convention FBI investigator Peter Strzok texts FBI lawyer Lisa Page. "TURN IT ON, TURN IT ON!!! THE DOUCHEBAGS ARE ABOUT TO COME OUT.” Page replied: "And wow, Donald Trump is an enormous d*uche."
- Hours later Strzok texts Lisa Page, “Hi. How was Trump, other than a douche? Melania?" Page responds, "Trump barely spoke, but the first thing out of his mouth was 'we’re going to win sooo big.' The whole thing is like living in a bad dream.”
- Strzok & Page go on to say they hope Trump’s “disorganization comes back to bite him hard in November,” with Strzok saying he feels “Panicked” about the election.
- Strzok and Page also trade comments on other Republican leaders, calling Ben Carson “crazy-ass grain storage pyramid Ben Carson,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell “a turtle,” and Paul Ryan “a jerky.”
- 21 July. Anne Applebaum of the Washington Post writes a “Trump presidency could destabilize Europe.” The issue, she explained, was Trump’s positive attitude toward Putin. “The extent of the Trump-Russia business connection has already been laid out, by Franklin Foer at Slate,” wrote Applebaum. She named Carter Page and his “long-standing connections to Russian companies.” Applebaum repeats the kenard that the “Trump’s campaign team helped alter the Republican party platform to remove support for Ukraine” from the Republican National Committee’s platform. Maybe, she hints, that was because of Trump aide Manafort’s ties to Ukrainian President Victor Yanukovich. The Manafort-Yanukovich relationship is an important part of the Steele dossier. So is the claim that in exchange for Russia releasing the DNC emails, “the TRUMP team had agreed to sideline Russian intervention in Ukraine as a campaign issue.” For Applebaum, it was hard to understand why Trump would express skepticism about the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, except to appease Putin. She referred to a recent interview in which Trump “cast doubt on the fundamental basis of transatlantic stability, NATO’s Article 5 guarantee: If Russia invades, he said, he’d have to think first before defending U.S. allies.” The talking points appear to come directly from Hillary Clinton opposition research, FusionGPS and the Steele dossier.
- Jeffrey Goldberg of the Atlantic publishes an article entitled, It’s Official: Hillary Clinton is Running Against Vladimir Putin using the same opposition research material from the Steele dossier paid for by Hillary Clinton: “The Republican nominee for president, Donald J. Trump, has chosen this week to unmask himself as a de facto agent of Russian President Vladimir Putin.” Trump’s admiration for Putin and other “equivocating, mercenary statements are unprecedented in the history of Republican foreign policymaking.” However, insofar as Trump’s fundamental aim was to find some common ground with Putin, it’s a goal that has been a 25-year U.S. policy constant across party lines. Starting with George W.H. Bush, every American commander-in-chief since the end of the Cold War sought to “reset” relations with Russia. But Trump, according to Goldberg, was different. “Trump’s understanding of America’s role in the world aligns with Russia’s geostrategic interests.” Goldberg alleged “watered down” the RNC’s platform on Ukraine and “questioned whether the U.S., under his leadership, would keep its [NATO] commitments,” including Article 5. Thus, Goldberg concluded: “Donald Trump, should he be elected president, would bring an end to the postwar international order.”
- Papadopoulos reported as the "director of the Center for International Energy & Natural Resources Law at the London Centre of International Law Practice" by the Cleveland Jewish News despite having left the organization some two months earlier.
- 22 July. Papadopoulos messaged Ivan Timofeev [Foreign Contact 2 in FBI Agent Robert M. Gibbs Version, July 28, 2017 Affidavit] on Facebook to ask whether Timofeev knew a particular individual with extensive ties to Russian-based businesses and persons. Papadopoulos asked Timofeev “[i]f you know any background of him that is noteworthy before I see him, kindly send my way.” The referenced individual is Sergei Millian. No reference to these and coming days events relating to Millian are made in Robert Mueller's Version, October 5, 2017 Statement of Offense.
- DNC seeks to delay election fraud lawsuit brought by Sanders supporters arguing, improper service of papers. Shawn Lucas, the process server, videotaped himself serving the papers along with an associate.
- WikiLeaks publishes documents and 20,000 emails (sent/received,) between Jan. 2015 and May 2016 showing the collusion between the DNC and Clinton campaign to rig the nomination for Hillary Clinton and defeat the Sanders movement. The DNC has never disputed the authenticity of the documents.
- 23-25 July. Papadopoulos meets with Sergei Millian. This meeting appears nowhere in the Gibbs Affidavit or the Mueller Statement of Offense.
- 24 July. ABC News, NPR, Rachel Maddow and other mainstream outlets report fake news that the Trump campaign "weakened the Republican platform on aid to Ukraine." The fake news appears to come directly from Hillary Clinton's opposition research, the Steele dossier.
- Rep. Mike Pompeo tweets, "Need further proof that the fix was in from Pres. Obama on down? BUSTED: 19,252 Emails from DNC Leaked by Wikileaks"
- 25 July. Peter Strzok and Lisa Page exchange messages about Strzok's personal friendship with FISA court Judge Rudy Contreras. In December 2017 Contreras accepted a guilty plea from Gen. Michael Flynn for allegedly lying to Strzok. Strzok originally reported Flynn did not lie, however FBI Dep. Dir. Andrew McCabe altered the interview report to say Flynn did lie.
Page: Rudy is on the [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court]! Did you know that?
Strzok: Just appointed two months ago
Strzok: I did. We talked about it before and after. I need to get together with him
Strzok: He mentioned thinking about it even though he was junior, they needed people and they especially needed minorities, and then he said he’d gotten on a month or two ago at a graduation party we were both at.
Strzok: [Redacted] brought up a good point about being circumspect in talking to [Contreras] in terms of not placing him into a situation where he’d have to recuse himself.
Page: I can’t imagine either one of you could talk about anything in detail meaningful enough to warranted recusal
Strzok: Really? Rudy, I’m in charge of espionage for the FBI. Any espionage FISA comes before him, what should he do? Given his friend oversees them?
Page: Standards for recusal are quite high. I just don’t think this poses an actual conflict. And he doesn’t know what you do?
Strzok: Not the level or scope or area. But he’s super thoughtful and rigorous about ethics and conflicts. [redacted] suggested a social setting with others would probably be better than a one on one meeting.
- Wasserman Schultz resigns DNC chair amidst new revelations of improprieties and election rigging for Hillary Clinton. Donna Brazile appointed interim successor. Brazile later admits the Clinton machine was in control of the DNC's budget throughout the primary election process contested by Bernie Sanders.
- 27 July. Strzok calls Bernie Sanders supporters “stupid*ass” and “idiots,” to which Lisa Page replies she “really really” likes former Vice President Joe Biden, apparently referring to Biden's convention speech attacking Trump. Strzok responds "Opened on Trump? If Hillary did, you know five field offices would…" Five field offices refer to five FBI field offices. If Hillary attacks Trump, five FBI field offices would support her.
- 28 July. Kim Dotcom pledges to raise $1 million for Wikileaks after harassment, threats and reprisals against whistleblowers for Wilkileaks.
- FBI arrests Chinese businessman in NY wanted in connection with $1.2 million illegal foreign campaign donations to the Clintons in the Chinagate scandal.
- 29 July. Perkins Coie, the surrogate law firm acting on behalf of Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC, makes a payment of $99,166.83 to FusionGPS.
- The Obama Justice Dept. never acted on the formal complaint that FusionGPS itself was an unregistered Russian agent lobbying for repeal of the Magnitsky Act.
- 31 July. With the Hillary whitewash behind, Peter Strzok opens the anti-Trump counterintelligence investigation. Strzok texts Lisa Page:
Strzok: And damn this feels momentous. Because this matters. The other one did, too, but that was to ensure that we didn’t F something up. This matters because this MATTERS.
- Late July. Democratic operative and Ukrainian-American Chalupa leaves the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to work full-time on her research into Manafort, Trump and Russia; and provides off-the-record guidance to “a lot of journalists.”
- July to September. German newspaper Die Welt reported:
[German] Ministry for Environment transferred millions to the [Clinton] Foundation. In the third quarter of 2016, at the height of [Clinton’s] campaign, German taxpayers gave up to five million dollars to the family foundation.
Some observers believe that German government has some explaining to do for the donation that appears under the heading “Donors and Grantors”. “Why does a Ministry supports the election campaign of a U.S. presidential candidate?” asked Vera Lengsfeld — former civil rights activist and German parliamentarian — in her blog. “It seems German taxpayers unwittingly financed Hillary Clinton’s election campaign.”
- 2 August. Shawn Lucas, 38 year-old process server for lawsuit against DNC on behalf of Bernie Sanders supporters alleging election fraud, found dead. The lawsuit is now effectively delayed until after the November 8 election.
- 3 August. Strzok travels to London to interview Australian Amb. Alexander Downer, "a key witness" in the FBI's Russia investigation days after Strzok opened the probe. Strzok and Lisa Page debate what would be shared with DOJ prosecutors when Strzok returns to Washington (investigators typically do not share information with prosecutors until an investigation is completed for fear of leaks which can compromise confidential informants. Additionally, unlike a criminal investigation, the Trump investigation is a counterintelligence investigation, which can be quite lengthy over years or decades, and rarely result in criminal indictments against the main targets. The object is to neutralize rather than convict. Hence due process requirements can be much lower than probable cause necessary in criminal inquiries):
Strzok - I think we need to consider the lines of what we disclose to DOJ. For example, the last stipulation notes we will not disclose.
- David Remnick writes an article in the New Yorker entitled, Trump and Putin: A Love Story. Citing the “original reporting” of Franklin Foer’s July 4, 2016 Slate article, Remnick contends “that one reason for Trump’s attitude has to do with his business ambitions.” As Remnick elaborated, “one of Trump’s foreign-policy advisers," Carter Page, "has longstanding ties to Gazprom, a pillar of Russia’s energy industry.” Remnick also worried about Trump’s lack of support for Ukraine and the fact that Trump “has declared NATO ‘obsolete’ and has suggested that he might do away with Article 5.”
- 5 August. Strzok and Lisa Page engage in a tense conversation which involves an imminent meeting with “agency people” — an apparent reference to the CIA. Strzok suggested that, for the new case, they should conduct Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning meetings “with [REDACTED]” just “like we did with mye” — Mid Year Exam, the Clinton probe. After some back-and-forth over who should be invited to a major meeting about the new case, a meeting was held. In the aftermath Strzok and Lisa Page have this exchange:
Strzok: And hi. Went well, best we could have expected. Other than [REDACTED] quote: “the White House is running this.” My answer, “well, maybe for you they are.” And of course, I was planning on telling this guy, thanks for coming, we’ve got an hour, but with Bill [Priestap] there, I’ve got no control….
Lisa Page: Yeah, whatever (re the WH comment). We’ve got the emails that say otherwise.
- 6 August. FBI lawyer Lisa Page sends Peter Strzok, who a week earlier began the FBI's Russia investigation, an article about Khizr Khan who spoke against Trump at the Democratic National Convention.
Page – Jesus. You should read this. And Trump should go f himself. Moment in Convention Glare Shakes Up Khans American Life http://nyti.ms/2aHulE0
Strzok – God that’s a great article. Thanks for sharing. And F TRUMP.
Page – And maybe you’re meant to stay where you are because you’re meant to protect the country from that menace. To that end comma, read this:
Page – Trump Enablers Will Finally Have to Take A Stand http://nyti.ms/2aFakryStrzok – Thanks. It’s absolutely true that we’re both very fortunate. And of course I’ll try and approach it that way. I just know it will be tough at times. I can protect our country at many levels, not sure if that helps
- 9 August.
Lisa Page – He’s not ever going to become president, right? Right?!
Strzok - No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.
- Wikileaks offers a $20,000 reward for information leading to the conviction for the murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich.
- 11 August. Strzok texts Lisa Page:
"OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE WE ARE SERIOUSLY LOOKING AT THESE ALLEGATIONS AND THE PERVASIVE CONNECTIONS."
- 12 August. McCabe receives stand down order from DOJ’s Principal Assistant Attorney General (PADAG) on the Clinton Foundation investigation.
- 15 August. CIA Dir. John Brennan gives an unusual private briefing to Democrat Minority Leader Harry Reid in which he told Reid the FBI should take the lead in an investigation of the Trump campaign because the FBI is the federal agency in charge of domestic intelligence and, unlike the CIA, can spy on U.S. citizens. Two days after Brennan’s special briefing, Reid sends a letter to FBI Dir. James Comey demanding he open an investigation targeting “individuals tied to Trump” to determine if they coordinated with the Russian government “to influence our election.” “The Trump campaign has employed a number of individuals with significant and disturbing ties to Russia and the Kremlin." Reid alludes to Carter Page and repeats an unproven charge from the Hillary Clinton's dossier that Page met with two Kremlin officials in Moscow in July 2016 to discuss removing U.S. sanctions on Russia. “Any such meetings should be investigated,” Reid asserted. Page has repeatedly denied the allegation under oath, swearing he never even met the Russian officials named in the dossier. Brennan is known to have given more than one briefing.
- FBI Russia investigator Peter Strzok texts Lisa Page:
I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy [McCabe]'s office that there's no way he gets elected -- but I'm afraid we can't take that risk. It's like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40...
- 19 August. Manafort resigns.
- Ukrainian parliament member Sergii Leshchenko holds news conference to draw attention to Paul Manafort and Trump’s “pro-Russia” ties.
- 23 August. Turkish authorities issue arrest warrant and begin massive manhunt for Clinton donor Adil Oksuz, whom they accuse of coordinating the July 2016 coup attempt against the government.
- 25 August. Assange interview with Megyn Kelly.
- Former DC homicide Detective Rod Wheeler has been hired to open parallel investigation into the murder of Seth Rich.
- 26 August. Strzok texts Lisa Page about a trip to a Walmart in southern Virginia and he could “SMELL the Trump support.…” Page responds she is out to lunch with [redacted] and said they both “hate everyone and everything.” Strzok responds “I want to be there and hate with you, or charm you back to happy.” Page says, “Just riffing on the hot mess that is our country.”
- 29 August. Obama FBI Agent provocateur Stefan Halper emails Sam Clovis:
"“I am a professor at Cambridge University lecturing on US politics and foreign policy. I am what is called a ‘scholar practitioner,’ having served in the White House and four presidential campaigns — two as policy director. Over the past month I have been in conversation with Carter Page who attended our conference in Cambridge on US elections. Carter mentioned in Cambridge, and when visiting here in Virginia, that you and I should meet. I have enjoyed your comments and appearances in the media; you hit the sweet spot focusing Trump’s appeal to working America. May I suggest that we set a time to meet when you are next in Washington. Meanwhile, all the best, Stefan Halper.”
- 30 August. Strzok and Lisa Page discuss how to circumvent FBI investigation document preservation laws:
Page - Have a meeting with turgal about getting iphone in a day or so
Strzok - Oh hot damn. . . We get around our security/monitoring issues?
Page - No, he’s proposing that we just stop following them. Apparently the requirement to capture texts came from [Office of Management and Budget], but we’re the only org (I’m told) who is following that rule. His point is, if no one else is doing it why should we. . . I’m told – thought I have seen – that there is an IG report that says everyone is failing. But one has changed anything, so why not just join in the failure.
- 31 August. Perkins Coie, the surrogate law firm acting on behalf of Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC, makes a payment of $157,753.61 to FusionGPS.
- August. White House National Security Advisor Susan Rice orders U.S. cyber-security team warning of Russian election meddling to stand down and "knock it off."
- Christopher Steele goes to Sir Andrew Wood to ask him to act as a go-between to reach Sen. John McCain, trying to give his fake dossier credibility.
- Steele informed of human source in the Trump campaign by the FBI.
Using a series of intermediaries, the DNC and Hillary for America (Clinton campaign) paid a private firm to conduct opposition research on candidate Trump and his ties with Russia. FusionGPS (fusion) is the trade name of a Washington, D.C.-based company that conducts research primarily on behalf of corporate clients. Marc Elias, chair of Perkins Coie's election law practice who represented the DNC and the Clinton campaign, hired Fusion in Spring 2016 and paid Fusion $1 million to conduct opposition research on candidate Trump. Fusion subsequently hired former British Secret Intelligence Service officer Christopher Steeie for $160,000 to obtain information on candidate Trump via a Russia-based primary subsource and numerous sub-sub-sources network who were purported to be current and former Russian government officials. The information Steele collected was reported back through a series of memos to Fusion and Perkins Coie. Steele produced sixteen memos, which comprise what has become known as the Steele dossier.
By the end of September 2016 - in addition to Fusion and Perkins Coie - Steele provided the information in the Steele dossier to the DOJ, Department of State, numerous press outlets, and the FBI.
Marc Elias of Perkins Coie recalled personally being briefed by Christopher Steele on his findings during a late September or early October meeting and formed the impression that "the Fusion folks thought it was important that Mr. Steele hear from me directly that I was aware of his work and was appreciative."
The Obama DOJ's illegal FISA warrant on Carter Page was built on an echo chamber of Hillary Clinton's opposition research among journalists, law enforcement and the intelligence community - all reinforcing each other with the manufactured allegations of the Steele dossier. Michael Isikoff’s September 23, 2016 Yahoo News article, provided by Christopher Steele, was used to corroborate the Obama DOJ's evidence to the FISA court, which likewise was provided by Christopher Steele.
- 1 September. Agent Provocateur Stefan Halper meets with Sam Clovis.
- 2 September. Lisa Page wrote about preparing talking points for Dir. James Comey because “potus wants to know everything we’re doing.” The text raises questions about the extent of Obama’s personal involvement in on ongoing FBI investigation.
- FBI releases documents in the terminated Hillary Clinton email investigation under the Freedom of Information Act. The release includes interviews (FBI form 302). Some details from the July 2, 2016 (302) interview with Hillary Clinton is intentionally withheld.
- Stephan Halper initiates unsolicited contact with George Papadopoulos by email. Halper offers Papadopoulos $3,000 to write a policy paper on issues related to Turkey, Cyprus, Israel and the Leviathan natural gas field. Halper offers to pay for Papadopoulos’s flight and a three-night stay in London.
- 8 September. Congress discovers that Paul Combetta of Platte River Networks who wiped Hillary Clinton's email server with BleachBit was granted immunity by the DOJ.
- 10 September. Strzok texts Lisa Page:
“there are VERY inflammatory things in the 302s we didn’t turn over to [Congress]…that are going to come out in FOIA and absolutely inflames Congress. I’m sure Jim [Baker] and Trisha [Trisha Beth Anderson] and Dave [Laufmen] and Mike [Kortan] are all considering how things like that play out as they talk amongst themselves.”
- "302s" is a reference to Hillary Clinton's July 2, 2016 FBI interview withheld from Congress; Strzok is admitting that a group at the highest levels of the FBI including himself, James Baker, Trisha Anderson, Lisa Page, and others conspired to withhold information from the September 2, 2016 release of Hillary Clinton's FBI interview from Congress and the American people.
- 13 September. Paul Combetta of Platte River Networks appears before a Congressional oversight committee and invokes the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination, refusing to testify.
- The nonprofit First Draft, funded by Google, whose parent company is run by major Hillary Clinton supporter and donor Eric Schmidt, announces initiative to tackle “fake news.” It appears to be the first use of the phrase in its modern context.
- 14 September. Office of the Director of National Intelligence announces that no Intelligence Community-wide damage assessment into Secretary Clinton’s email practices would be conducted in violation of Intelligence Community Directive ICD 732. ODNI ignores all subsequent FOIA requests.
- Mid-to-late September. Fusion GPS’ Christopher Steele’s FBI contact tells him the agency wants to see his opposition research “right away” and offers to pay him $50,000, according to the New York Times, for solid corroboration of his salacious, unverified claims. Steele flies to Rome, Italy to meet with FBI and provide a “full briefing.”
- 16 September. CNN reports CIA Dir. John Brennan voted for the presidential candidate of the Communist party - an organization dedicated to the violent overthrow of the United States government - in the immediate aftermath of the Vietnam war before he joined CIA.
- 19 September. At UN General Assembly meeting, Ukrainian President Poroshenko meets with Hillary Clinton.
- 21 September. Daily Mail publishes interview with 15 year old and her father alleging she had an online sexual relationship with Anthony Weiner beginning 23 January 2016. FBI New York Field office, led by Preet Bhahara, issues Weiner subpoena for his electronic devices shortly after.
- 22 September. In motion to dismiss class action lawsuit brought by Sanders supporters, DNC lawyers argue plaintiffs knew that the DNC was biased toward Clinton over Sanders when they donated, so therefore how could they have been duped if they already knew.
- 23 September. Michael Isikoff of Yahoo News publishes an article which Christopher Steele leaked to Isikoff and several other media outlets at the direction of FusionGPS, which focusing on Carter Page's July 2016 trip to Moscow. The law firm of Perkins Coie hosted a meeting with Steele and FusionGPS where the matter was discussed. The Yahoo News article was cited as if it were independent corroboration of the Steele dossier in the DOJ's October 2016 FISA application.
- Congress was briefed on the contents of the Steele dossier by the FBI, not Steele or Fusion GPS, according to a Fusion GPS-sourced story by Michael Isikoff for Yahoo! News.
- 26 September. Carter Page resigns from Trump campaign.
- John Carlin files DOJ-NSD proposed 2016 Section 702 certifications. Carlin failed to disclose the January 7, 2016 Inspector General Report and associated FISA Abuse to the FISA Court in his 2016 Certification. Carlin also failed to disclose Adm. Rogers’ ongoing Compliance Review.
- A federal search warrant was obtained for Anthony Weiner’s iPhone, iPad, and laptop computer. The FBI obtained these devices the same day. The search warrant authorized the government to search for evidence relating to the following crimes: transmitting obscene material to a minor, sexual exploitation of children, and activities related to child pornography..The Weiner case agent told the OIG that he began processing Weiner’s devices on September 26, and that he noticed “within hours” that there were “over 300,000
emails on the laptop.” He saw at least one BlackBerry PIN message between Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin, as well as emails between them. He sae emails associated with “about seven domains,” such as yahoo.com, state.gov, clintonfoundation.org, clintonemail.com, and hillaryclinton.com. The case agent immediately notified his FBI New York Office (NYO) chain of command, and the information was ultimately briefed to NYO Assistant Director in Charge (ADIC).
- 27 September. John Carlin tenders resignation effective October 15, 2026 the wake of the NSA compliance officer's investigation of FISA Section 702 About query abused, i.e. illegal domestic spying and data collection on US persons by the Obama administration, From here until October 21, 2016 it becomes a foot race between the DOJ-NSD and Adm. Mike Rogers to the FISA Court - Carlin's NSD to get a 90 day FISA Title I approval for the conspirators "insurance policy" against the Trump transition, and Rogers to report Obama administration abuses to the Court uncovered in the Compliance review.
- Agent Provocateur Stefan Halper paid $244,960 by US Government.
- 28 September. On Capital Hill for a day of testimony, FBI Dir. James Comey perjurors himself before the House Governmental Affairs Oversight Committee. In response to a question from Rep. Ratcliffe, Comey testified his decision not to recommend prosecution of Hillary Clinton came after her 2 July interview with the FBI. Subsequent internal FBI documents reveal Comey decided against recommending prosecution more than six weeks earlier, while the investigation was still in progress.
Mr. RATCLIFFE. ...If there was ever any possibility that something Hillary Clinton might have said on July 2 could have possibly resulted in criminal charges that might possibly have resulted in a trial against her relating to this classified information, well, then, to use your words, Director, I don’t think that there is any reasonable prosecutor out there who would have allowed two immunized witnesses central to the prosecution proving the case against her to sit in the room with the interview, the FBI interview, of the subject of that investigation.That same day in response to questions from the House Judiciary Committee about an ongoing Clinton Foundation investigation, Comey said "our standard is we do not confirm or deny the existence of investigations." Comey says of the Clinton email investigation:
And if I heard you earlier today, in your long career, I heard you say that you have never had that circumstance. Is that—did I hear you correctly?
Mr. COMEY. That is correct, but——
Mr. RATCLIFFE. Okay. And I never have either, and I have never met a prosecutor that has ever had that.
So, to me, the only way that an interview takes place with the two central witnesses and the subject of the investigation is if the decision has already been made that all three people in that room are not going to be charged.
Mr. COMEY. Can I respond?
Mr. RATCLIFFE. Yes. Please.
Mr. COMEY. I know in our political lives sometimes people casually accuse each other of being dishonest, but if colleagues of ours believe I am lying about when I made this decision, please urge them to contact me privately so we can have a conversation about this.
All I can do is to tell you again, the decision was made after that, because I didn’t know what was going to happen in that interview...
This case was investigated by a group of professionals, so if I blew it, they blew it too. Career FBI agents, the very best we have were put on this case.Three of these career professional, McCabe, Strzok, and Lisa Page, have since resigned, been fired, or been demoted. All face criminal prosecution. Comey complains, "Don't call us weasels."
- Andrew McCabe is now aware Anthony Weiner's attorney turned over Clinton/Abedin emails to the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York (SDNY), Preet Bharara. The emails in question appear to be insurance Weiner held to pull strings with Hillary Clinton as leverage should he get into trouble.
- McCabe informs Strzok and does nothing for more than three weeks.
- Strzok to Lisa Page text message:
“Got called up to Andy [McCabe]’s earlier ...hundreds of thousands of emails turned over by Weiner’s atty to [DOJ Southern District of New York] sdny, includes a ton of material from spouse [ Huma Abedin ]. Sending team up [to New York] tomorrow to review... this will neverend...”
- 30 September. Inspector General presentation alleged Imran Awan and his family members were logging into the servers of members who had previously fired him, funneling data off the network, and that evidence “suggests steps are being taken to conceal their activity.” Shortly after the IG report came out in September 2016, the Caucus server — identified as prime evidence in the cybersecurity case — physically disappeared. No official body has ever publicly provided any information about the case.
- Perkins Coie, the surrogate law firm acting on behalf of Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC, makes a payment of $144,643.46 to FusionGPS.
- September. Christopher Steele admitted to Assoc. Dep. Attorney General Bruce Ohr he "was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president," according to Ohr and FBI documents. In the same period Ohr's wife, Nellie Ohr, was employed by FusionGPS to assist in writing the Steele dossier. Bruce Ohr's relationship with Steele and FusionGPS was concealed by the DOJ and FBI from the FISA court.
- Oleg Deripaska was approached by three FBI agents in New York; at least one agent (McCabe) had worked with Deripaska on the aborted effort to rescue Robert Levinson. The agents posited a theory that Trump's campaign was secretly colluding with Russia to hijack the U.S. election.
"Deripaska laughed but realized, despite the joviality, that they were serious," said his agent Adam Waldman. "So he told them in his informed opinion the idea they were proposing was false. 'You are trying to create something out of nothing,' he told them."
- End of September. Fusion GPS’ Glenn Simpson and Christopher Steele meet with reporters, including New York Times, Washington Post, Yahoo News, the New Yorker and CNN or ABC. One meeting is at office of Democratic National Committee general counsel Marc Elias. Elias is secretly the front man paying FusionGPS on behalf of Hillary Clinton and the DNC.
Carter Page worked for the FBI to help put away a Russian operative on sanctions violations. Carter Page was an FBI Under-Cover Employee [UCE-1 in court documents] and remained so through early 2016.
DOJ-NSD and FBI CoIntel wanted a "legal" way to spy on the Trump campaign. The highest levels of the Obama DOJ and FBI asked for and received FISA Title 1 surveillance of former FBI employee Carter Page in October 2016. The Obama DOJ National Security Division and the FBI Counterintelligence Division, knew Carter Page was not a Russian spy, misreprsented facts and perpetrated a fraud upon the FISA court. The authority became the "legal" cover for their own criminal intent and actions.
The “Title I” designation as a foreign agent applied retroactively to any action taken by Mr. Page, and auto-generates an exponential list of other people he came in contact with. Each of those people, groups or organizations could now have their communication reviewed, unmasked and analyzed by the DOJ/FBI with the same surveillance authority granted upon the target, Mr. Page. The Stormy Daniels payment scheme, for example, was discovered by the Obama DOJ illegal FISA Title I abuse. All electronic communications by the Trump campaign are in the hands of Robert Mueller. James Comey never informed Congress of the surveillance, as required by law, because Comey knew it was illegal.
FISA Title I surveillance of U.S. citizens is the most intrusive, exhaustive and far reaching type of search, seizure and surveillance authority, permitting the FBI to look at every aspect of Mr. Page’s life. All communication, travel and contact can be opened and reviewed. All aspects of any of Mr. Page’s engagements are subject to being secretly monitored. This is an entirely different level of surveillance authority, the highest possible, and outside FISA-702 search queries (Title VII) of US persons.
Because “FISA Title I” surveillance authority against a US citizen is so serious, only a few people are authorized to even apply for such surveillance warrants. One of the four people authorized to make such a filing is the Asst. Attn. Gen. John P. Carlin who was head of the DOJ National Security Division. Carlin who, together with the FBI counterintelligence unit, vetted Carter Page as an FBI Under-Cover Employee to gain a guilty plea from a Russian operative in early 2016, then turned around six months later in October 2016 when things weren't going so well for Hillary Clinton and accused Carter Page of being a Russian Spy.
To kill speculation about reopening Hillary Clinton's email investigation, the New York FBI and DOJ Eastern District of New York (EDNY) prosecutors were threatened by Washington DC Main Justice and FBI headquarters, via Loretta Lynch and Andrew McCabe, to drop the Clinton/Abedin/Weiner email investigation, concede the Clinton email investigation to DC, or else the DOJ Civil Rights Division would be used as leverage against the New York Police Department (NYPD, whom NY FBI and SDNY work closely with) to re-open the Eric Garner case (Garner was a black man killed in police custody while in a choke hold in 2014). Loretta Lynch had the Southern District of New York (SDNY) US Attorney Preet Bharara on stand by as the enforcer.
The Clinton emails on Anthony Weiner's laptop were never looked at. The FBI and DOJ fully expected Hillary Clinton to win.
FBI Dep. Dir. Andrew McCabe instructed FBI lawyer Lisa Page and FBI public affairs chief Michael Kortan to work with Wall Street Journal reporter Devlin Barrett on reports about sizeable campaign donations from Democrats to McCabe's wife, Jill, during her campaign for the Virginia state senate. McCabe subsequently denied he authorized the leaks, and in March 2018 was fired for lying to investigators when Lisa Page's text messages proved otherwise. In the interim, McCabe served as Acting FBI Director while Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed Robert Mueller to head up the Russia collusion hoax investigation.
- Early October. Christopher Steele, the Yemen-born author of anti-Trump “dossier,” meets in New York with David Corn, Washington-bureau chief of Mother Jones.
- October. FBI offers to pay Christopher Steele for work on the Steele dossier.
- 3 October. Story breaks of Hillary Clinton's suggestion to murder Julian Assange.
- 4 October. Standard follow-up hearing on the DOJ-NSD 2016 Section 702 Certification was held before the FISA court. John Carlin was present at the hearing. Again, Carlin made no disclosure of FISA abuse. This would be noted by the Court later.
- FBI Director Comey replaces head of Counterintelligence Division, New York Field Office with Charles McGonigal.
- 5 October. Obama Justice Dept. abruptly drops charges against arms dealer which would have led to open disclosure of Hillary Clinton's role in arming the Islamic State.
- 7 October. WikiLeaks dumps a trove of emails from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s personal email account. The emails inspire the Pizzagate conspiracy theory.
- 11 October. Hillary email to campaign manager John Podesta leaked that acknowledges Saudi Arabia and Qatar are “providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL.”
- 13 October. Donald Trump says in West Palm Beach, Florida campaign rally:
...They control the Department of Justice, and they even clandestinely meet with the Attorney General of the United States – in the back of her airplane, while on the runway – for 39 minutes – to most likely discuss her reappointment in a Clinton Administration just prior to the Attorney General making a decision over whether or not to prosecute Hillary Clinton.
Likewise, they have corrupted the Director of the FBI to the point at which stories are already saying the great men and women who work for the FBI are embarrassed and ashamed to what he’s done to one of our great institutions. Hillary Clinton is guilty of all of the things that Director Comey stated at his press conference and Congressional hearings, and far more – and yet he let her off the hook, while others lives are being destroyed for far less.
- Obama proposes media censorship.
- Mid October. Steele again briefs reporters about Trump political opposition research. The reporters are from the New York Times, the Washington Post, and Yahoo News.
- 15 October. Obama administration rewrites FISA application.
- DOJ-NSD Principle Deputy Asst. Attorney General Mary McCord replaces John Carlin. It was specifically John Carlin’s responsibility to ensure a valid legal basis for the FISA application submitted to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC). Carlin does a kamikaze dive shortly before the application is submitted.
- 18 October. Assange internet access cutoff by embassy.
- 19 October. The Shearer dossier written by Clinton operative Cody Shearer with allegations about the sexual and financial activity of Donald Trump. Shearer gave his memo to Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal, who transmitted it to State Department official Jonathan Winer, who then gave it to Christopher Steele, who passed it on to the FBI. The Shearer dossier was not included in BuzzFeed's January 10, 2017 release. After the fraud of the Clinton-Steele dossier was exposed in early 2017 Stormy Daniels claimed she was paid to keep silent about an affair with Trump, and a stranger threatened her and her child. Kathleen Willey was a volunteer at the White House in 1993 when President Bill Clinton grabbed her, fondled her, and pressed her hand against himself in the Oval Office. Willey told her story in a 60 Minutes interview and became a target of a smear campaign directed by the Clintons. In 1998, just before Willey was to testify in the Paula Jones trial, Willey was approached by a stranger who asked her menacing questions about her children, naming them by name. On Hardball in 1999, MSNBC host Chris Matthews identified the mysterious stranger as Cody Shearer.
- 20 October. NSA Dir. Mike Rogers is briefed by the NSA compliance officer on several strange 702 “About Queries” that were being conducted. These were violations of the Fourth Amendment (search and seizure), ie. unlawful surveillance and gathering. As a result of Rogers suspecting [FISA 702 (#17 – email and phone calls)] surveillance activity being used for reasons he deemed unlawful, in mid 2016 Rogers ordered the NSA compliance officer to run a full audit on 702 NSA compliance. Section 702 of the FISA Act is basically spying on Americans; the actual “spying” part is 702. Item 17 is “About Queries“, which allows queries or searches of content of email and phone conversations based on any subject matter put into the search field. Rogers ordered the “About Query” activity to stop, reported the activity to the DOJ, and then to the FISA court. Rogers also stopped “About Query” permanently.
- 21 October. DOJ and FBI sought and receive a FISA probable cause order (not under Title VII) authorizing electronic surveillance of Carter Page from the FISA court. The warrant application was signed by Sally Yates. Carter Page is a US citizen who served as a volunteer advisor to the Trump campaign. The FISA Court is still unaware of the Section 702 violations. Consistent with requirements under FISA, the application first has to be certified by the Director or Deputy Director of the FBI. It then has to be certified by the Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General, or the Senate-confirmed Assistant Attorney General for National Security Division. With John Carlin having resigned days earlier after admitting to FISA(702)(16)(17) search abuses, the surveillance application was signed by Sally Yates who had denied Inspector General oversight of the DOJ-NSD. The FBI and DOJ obtained one initial FISA warrant and three FISA renewals from the FISA court.
- The “insurance policy” is short-hand to describe an effort to conduct surveillance on candidate Trump, which could later ensure a strategic plan to disrupt and possibly eliminate Trump if elected, via the Russia collusion narrative. That plan needs retroactive legal FBI authority to conduct surveillance – which can be used to weaponize intelligence. The plan culminates in the Carter Page Title-1 FISA warrant as the deployment mechanism.
- As required by statute, a FISA order on an American citizen must be renewed every 90 days by the FISA court and each renewal requires a separate finding of probable cause to avoid a 'fishing expedition'. Director James Comey signed three FISA applications on behalf of the FBI, and Deputy Director Andrew McCabe signed one. Deputy Attorneys General Sally Yates, Dana Boente, and Rod Rosenstein each signed one on behalf of the DOJ. In the case of Carter Page, relevant information and potentially exculpatory material was not provided to the FISA court on these four separate occasions over one year.
- The bulk of the application consists of allegations against Carter Page that were disclosed to the FBI by Christopher Steele and outlined in the Steele dossier. The application contains no additional corroboration other than a Sept 23, 2016 Yahoo News article the Obama DOJ/FBI represents to the court as supposed "independent corroboration" which was peddled to Yahoo News by Christopher Steele's himself.
- The Steele dossier was compiled on behalf of the Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC and formed an essential part of the Carter Page FISA application. Steele was paid $168,000 by the Clinton campaign and DNC. Neither the initial application nor any renewals disclose or reference the Clinton campaign or DNC in funding the dossier, although the origins of the dossier was known to the DOJ and FBI at the time. The FISA application does not mention that the FBI authorized payment to Steele for the same information [emphasis in original].
- The judge who authorized the warrant remains unidentified. Some speculate it may have been FBI counterintelligence investigator Peter Strzok's personal friend, Rudy Contreras.
- Someone from SDNY calls “Main Justice” (the DOJ National Security Division in DC) and notifies DOJ-NSD Deputy Asst. Attorney General George Toscas of the Huma Abedin/Hillary Clinton emails via the “weiner investigation”. Toscas calls Strzok cause he “wanted to ensure information got to Andy [McCabe]". Strzok told George Toscas “we know”.
Strzok then tells Bill Priestap.
McCabe already knew about the emails since September 28, more than three weeks earlier.
Comey and Lynch now are informed of the Clinton emails that McCabe has been sitting on for 23 days. Comey claims this call is about a search warrant, but there is no need for a search warrant since the emails were already in SDNY's possession. Internal debate ensues about McCabe's recusing himself.
Meanwhile, the Clinton emails are not, and have not, been looked at. All discussion is about the public perception of coverup, which is actually the correct perception of what is happening in the DOJ-FBI.
- 22 October. Wikileaks cofounder and Seth Rich contact Gavin MacFadyen dead "after a short illness."
- 23 October. Devlin Barrett of the WSJ exposes, Scoop: McAuliffe PAC gave $467,500 to campaign of wife of senior FBI official who oversaw Clinton email probe. The article questioned McCabe’s impartiality in overseeing Clinton investigations and claimed that McCabe ordered the termination of the Clinton Foundation investigation due to DOJ pressure. Lisa Page was the legal counsel to McCabe at this time. McCabe instructed Lisa Page and FBI public affairs chief Michael Kortan to refute the assertion of a conflict of interest in a series of leaks in coming days.
- 24 October. Devlin Barrett emails the FBI press officer Mike Kortan about a follow up story. Barrett asks
in the summer , McCabe himself gave some instruction as to how to proceed with the Clinton Foundation probe, given that it was the height of election season and the FBI did not want to make a lot of overt moves that could be seen as going after [Clinton] or drawing attention to the probe.
- Benjamin Wittes of lawfareblog.com publishes article on an "insurance policy" should Trump win.
- 25 October. NYT reports "Justice Department has replaced the New York team of agents and lawyers investigating the death of Eric Garner, officials said, a highly unusual shake-up that could jump-start the long-stalled case and put the government back on track to seek criminal charges." Garner was a black man arrested for selling cigarettes who died from a chokehold while in police custody.
- 26 October. The FISA court issues a decision that reveals that the upper echelon of the FBI, Comey, McCabe, Strzok and others deliberately gave unlimited and unsupervised access to the most private raw FISA data to FusionGPS. Assoc. Dep. AG Bruce Ohr was the lynchpin between Attn. Gen. Lynch, the FBI and FusionGPS. Ohr’s wife Nellie worked for FusionGPS on the Steele Dossier portions of which were presented to the FISA court to get the court’s approval for the FBI’s previous and continuing unlawful surveillance of Trump associates. The Court noted “an institutional ‘lack of candor’ on NSA’s part and emphasized that ‘this is a very serious Fourth Amendment issue.’” On March 9, 2016, the
“DOJ oversight personnel conducting a minimization review of the FBI’s *** [redacted] learned that the FBI had disclosed raw FISA information, including but not limited to Section 702-acquired information....certain *** [redacted] contractors had access to raw FISA information on FBI storage systems. ***[redacted] the ***[redacted] contractors had access to raw FISA information that went well beyond what was necessary to respond to the FBI’s requests.”According to the Court, the
“FBI discontinued the above-described access to raw FISA information as of April 18, 2016.”The court continued, noting
“Restrictions were not in place with regard to the *** [redacted] contractors; their access was not limited to raw information for which the FBI sought assistance and access continued even after they had completed their work in response to an FBI request."Pg. 83:
"FBI gave raw Section 702–acquired information to a private entity [FusionGPS] that was not a federal agency and whose personnel [Simpson, Steele, Nellie Ohr ] were not sufficiently supervised by a federal agency for compliance minimization procedures [protecting the Fourth Amendment rights of US persons]."Footnote 68 of the Court’s decision includes the statement that
“the government acknowledges that those disclosures were improper for other reasons.”In Footnote 69 the decision reads that
“improper access granted to the * * *[redacted] contractors . . . * * *[redacted] . . . seems to have been the result of deliberate decision-making. * * *[redacted] access to FBI systems was the subject of an interagency memorandum of understanding (presumably prepared or reviewed by FBI lawyers), no notice of this practice was given to the FISC until 2016.”
- NSA Dir. Mike Rogers personally informed the FISA court of the Obama administration's 702(17) violations. The abuses covered the period from November 2015 to May 2016 and centered around the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division and DOJ’s National Security Division. The FISA Court was unaware of the FISA/Query violations until they were presented to the Court by NSA Director Rogers.
- Joe diGenova claims FusionGPS and CrowdStrike are two of the redacted contractors; Daniel Richman is also a possibility.
- In the closed door hearing before the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, Obama administration lawyers admit to routinely violating American privacy protections for the past five years while scouring through overseas intercepts. More than 5 percent, or one out of every 20 searches seeking upstream Internet data on Americans inside the NSA’s so-called Section 702 database violated the safeguards Obama and his intelligence chiefs vowed to follow in 2011.
With McCabe' sitting on the Clinton emails from Weiner's computer for three weeks, along with pressure from the SDNY, Loretta Lynch, and media leaks, the internal debate about McCabe recusing himself from the Clinton investigations continues.
- OIG report states,
"McCabe and the New York Assistant Director in Charge (NY-ADIC) participated in what McCabe described as “a hastily convened conference call with the Attorney General [Loretta Lynch] who delivered the same message to us” about leaks, with specific focus being on leaks regarding the high-profile investigation by FBI’s New York Field Office into the death of Eric Garner. McCabe told us that he “never heard her use more forceful language.” NY-ADIC confirmed that the participants got “ripped by the AG on leaks.”
- Strzok and Lisa Page exchange messages while watching debates,
Strzok: I am riled up. Trump is a f***ing idiot, is unable to provide a coherent answer.Strzok quoting Trump "what the FBI did is disgraceful" relates to Comey's July announcement exonerating Clinton and the FBI small group's obstruction of justice in the case.
Strzok - I CAN'T PULL AWAY, WHAT THE F**K HAPPENED TO OUR COUNTRY (redacted)??!?!
Page-- I don't know. But we'll get it back. We're America. We rock.
Strzok-- Donald just said "bad hombres"
Strzok-- Trump just said what the FBI did is disgraceful.
- Evelyn Farkas tells Warsaw Security Forum "if Donald Trump were elected I believe he would be impeached pretty quickly or somebody else would have to take over government. And I am not even joking." Farkas, who left government in Sept. 2015, later admitted to being the recipient of intelligence information on Donald Trump in the summer of 2016: "last summer I was getting winks and hints from inside that there was something really wrong here." At the forum Farkas discussed the rise of Trump from a purely domestic, partisan, political perspective and urged something must be done to counter the forces of nationalism and populism.
- 27 October. Comey Chief of Staff Jim Rybicki wants McCabe recused from Clinton investigations.
- The small group (or "tight group" as Comey calls it) has had the Weiner laptop emails for 29 days and has reviewed none. They are debating if probable cause exists to re-open the investigation. Main Justice, across the street from FBI HQ, now knows of the existence of emails, and is fearful New York police and prosecutors are ready to go public with their existence.
- 28 October. Conference call between Main Justice and FBI investigators about Hillary email cover-up. SDNY and New York FBI field office asking why has Washington (McCabe) sat on the Clinton emails for three weeks with no action? All focus within the DOJ and FBI is on news reporting and narrative spin, and no one looking at Clinton emails.
- Internal discussions claim no probable cause against Hillary in July, none now, and debate on recusal of Andrew McCabe in the Clinton non-investigation.
- Comey forced to go public and create the appearance of re-opening the Clinton email investigation after New York Police Department (NYPD) plans to hold press conference about the evidence seized on Anthony Weiner's laptop computer. 650,000 classified State Department emails and other damning evidence found.
- Daughter of Eric Garner criticizes Clinton campaign over Podesta emails about father's death ("we know we have an Eric Garner problem").
- There is a solid case that the emails Anthony Weiner’s lawyer brought to Preet Bharara of SDNY were Weiner’s leverage to escape prosecution.
- Comey's public statement about re-opening Hillary's email case throws the Clinton campaign and poll numbers into a tailspin. The "insurance policy" becomes operational: allegations of collusion between Trump and Russia.
- Andrew McCabe instructs Lisa Page to leak a rebuttal to Devlin Barrett of the Wall Street Journal about McCabe's conflict of interest with Clinton donors in the Clinton investigations. The illegal leak confirms the existence of the Clinton Foundation investigation. While on the phone with Barrett, Lisa Page and Strzok exchange texts about the breaking Clinton email investigation being reopened. Two minutes later, Barrett tweets the new found emails on Weiner's laptop may have already been examined, "per sources".
Page: 5:19pm “Still on the phone with Devlin [Barrett of WSJ]. [FBI Public Affairs officer] Mike [Kortan]’s phone is ON FIRE.”
Strzok: 5:29pm “You might wanna tell Devlin he should turn on CNN, there’s news on.”
Page: 5:30pm “He knows. He just got handed a note.”
Strzok: 5:33pm “Ha. He asking about it now?”
Page: 5:34pm “Yeah. It was pretty funny. Coming now.”
- At 5:36pm Devlin Barrett tweets:
- Lynch pleads Fifth Amendment against incrimination to Congress in probe of Obama administration illegal secret payment to Iran in ransom deal.
- Perkins Coie, the surrogate law firm acting on behalf of Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC, makes a payment of $365,275,33 to FusionGPS.
- 30 October. Christopher Steele suspended and then terminated by the FBI for what the FBI defines as the most serious of violations - unauthorized disclosure to the media of his relationship with the FBI in a Mother Jones article by David Corn. Steele could have been terminated earlier for his previous undisclosed contacts with Yahoo News and other media outlets in September 2016 - before the Carter Page application was submitted to the FISA court in October 2016 - but Steele improperly concealed and lied to the FBI about earlier contacts. DOJ offficial Bruce Ohr continued to pass along allegations from Steele to the FBI after the FBI suspended its formal relationship with Steele on for unauthorized contact with the media, and demonstrates that Bruce Ohr funneled allegations from FusionGPS and Steele to the FBI.
- Devlin Barrett of the Wall Street Journal publishes an article entitled, FBI in Internal Feud Over Hillary Clinton Probe, based on illegal leaks ultimately leading to the firing of Andrew McCabe for misconduct and lying to investigators. The article was the first public acknowledgement that the Clinton Foundation was under FBI investigation. According to the OIG report on McCabe,
The article highlighted the campaign donations to McCabe’s wife by PACs associated with Gov. Terry McAuliffe, who was described as “a longtime ally of the Clintons and . . . a Clinton Foundation Board member.” The article identified McCabe as the FBI official who “sought to refocus the Clinton Foundation probe,” and reported that agents “further down the FBI chain of command” had been told to “stand down” on the Clinton Foundation investigation with the understanding that “the order had come from the deputy director — Mr. McCabe.”
- Democrat Minority leader Harry Reid issues open letter to James Comey: Reid says from his communications with “other top officials in the national security community [John Brennan for example, August 15, 2016] it has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisers and the Russian government."
- 31 October. David Corn of Mother Jones magazine article appears: A Veteran Spy Has Given the FBI Information Alleging a Russian Operation to Cultivate Donald Trump: Has the bureau investigated this material?, the first public hint of the Steele dossier in print.
[A] former senior intelligence officer [Christopher Steele] for a Western country [UK] who specialized in Russian counterintelligence tells Mother Jones that in recent months he provided the bureau with memos, based on his recent interactions with Russian sources, contending the Russian government has for years tried to co-opt and assist Trump—and that the FBI requested more information from him...
Does this mean the FBI is investigating whether Russian intelligence has attempted to develop a secret relationship with Trump or cultivate him as an asset? Was the former intelligence officer and his material deemed credible or not?...
In June, the former Western intelligence officer—who spent almost two decades on Russian intelligence matters and who now works with a US firm [FusionGPS] that gathers information on Russia for corporate clients—was assigned the task of researching Trump’s dealings in Russia and elsewhere, according to [Steele] and his associates in [FusionGPS]....Before [Steele] was retained, the project’s financing switched to a client allied with Democrats...
This was, [Steele] remarks, “an extraordinary situation.” He regularly consults with US government agencies on Russian matters, and near the start of July on his own initiative—without the permission of the US company that hired him—he sent a report he had written for [FusionGPS] to [Peter Strzok] at the FBI, according to [Steele] and his American associates...[Steele] says he concluded that the information he had collected on Trump was “sufficiently serious” to share with the FBI...
Mother Jones has reviewed that report and other memos [Steele] wrote....
[Steele] says the response from the FBI was “shock and horror"...in August, they say, the FBI asked him for all information in his possession...[Steele] forwarded to the bureau several memos—some of which referred to members of Trump’s inner circle. After that point, he continued to share information with the FBI. “It’s quite clear there was or is a pretty substantial inquiry going on,” he says. “This is something of huge significance, way above party politics"....
There’s no way to tell whether the FBI has confirmed or debunked any of the allegations contained in [Steele's] memos.
- New York Times headlines, Investigating Donald Trump, F.B.I. Sees No Clear Link To Russia:
For much of the summer, the F.B.I. pursued a widening investigation into a Russian role in the American presidential campaign. Agents scrutinized advisers close to Donald J. Trump, looked for financial connections with Russian financial figures, searched for those involved in hacking the computers of Democrats, and even chased a lead – which they ultimately came to doubt – about a possible secret channel of email communication from the Trump Organization to a Russian bank.
Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government...
Hillary Clinton’s supporters, angry over what they regard as a lack of scrutiny of Mr. Trump by law enforcement officials, pushed for these investigations.
- Comey and McCabe meet privately one-on-one to discuss the WSJ leak regarding the Clinton Foundation and McCabe's conflict of interest. In sworn statements later Comey testifies McCabe "definitely" did not say he authorized leaks; McCabe says he did tell Comey, and Comey thought it was a "good idea".
- Hillary Clinton tweets about leaked info from the October 21 FISA warrant. Some speculate the server was hacked by the CIA with malware in order to obtain a FISA warrant.
- BakerHostetler, the law firm acting on behalf of Prevezon Holdings and its owner Denis Katsyv, makes final payment to FusionGPS. FusionGPS was hired by BakerHostetler to investigate Bill Browder who helped push through the Magnitsky Act. Glenn Simpson, founding partner of Fusion GPS, compiled the research for the anti-Browder project. He worked closely with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer. Katsyv, a Russian businessman, and Prevezon sought to limit the impact of the Magnitsky Act sanctions. Payments from BakerHostetler to FusionGPS since March 2016 total $523,651.
- Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid files complaint with FBI against Dir. Comey alleging misconduct as does former George W. Bush White House counsel Richard Painter files complaint with the Government Ethics Office alleging Hatch Act violations.
- 1 November. Kim Dotcom says more Clinon emails to be released and Hillary Clinton is in "serious trouble."
- Former Clinton Administration-era FBI Assistant Director James Kallstrom says in radio interview the Clinton's are a crime family, the Clinton Foundation is a cesspool of corruption, Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch impeded the email investigation by not empaneling a grand jury, and that Dir. James Comey and the top leadership held back the investigation.
- 2 November. True Pundit reports
New York Police Department detectives and prosecutors working an alleged underage sexting case against former Congressman Anthony Weiner have turned over a newly-found laptop he shared with wife Huma Abedin to the FBI with enough evidence “to put Hillary (Clinton) and her crew away for life,” NYPD sources told True Pundit.
NYPD sources said Clinton’s “crew” also included several unnamed yet implicated members of Congress in addition to her aides and insiders.
The NYPD seized the computer from Weiner during a search warrant and detectives discovered a trove of over 500,000 emails to and from Hillary Clinton, Abedin and other insiders during her tenure as secretary of state. The content of those emails sparked the FBI to reopen its defunct email investigation into Clinton on Friday.
But new revelations on the contents of that laptop, according to law enforcement sources, implicate the Democratic presidential candidate, her subordinates, and even select elected officials in far more alleged serious crimes than mishandling classified and top secret emails, sources said. NYPD sources said these new emails include evidence linking Clinton herself and associates to: Money laundering, Child exploitation, Sex crimes with minors (children); Perjury; Pay to play through Clinton Foundation; Obstruction of justice; Other felony crimes.
NYPD detectives and a NYPD Chief, the department’s highest rank under Commissioner, said openly that if the FBI and Justice Department fail to garner timely indictments against Clinton and co- conspirators, NYPD will go public with the damaging emails now in the hands of FBI Director James Comey and many FBI field offices.
“What’s in the emails is staggering and as a father, it turned my stomach,” the NYPD Chief said. “There is not going to be any Houdini-like escape from what we found. We have copies of everything. We will ship them to Wikileaks or I will personally hold my own press conference if it comes to that.”
The NYPD Chief said once Comey saw the alarming contents of the emails he was forced to reopen a criminal probe against Clinton.
“People are going to prison,” he said.
Meanwhile, FBI sources said Abedin and Weiner were cooperating with federal agents, who have taken over the non-sexting portions the case from NYPD. The husband-and-wife Clinton insiders are both shopping for separate immunity deals, sources said.
“If they don’t cooperate they are going to see long sentences,” a federal law enforcement source said.
NYPD sources said Weiner or Abedin stored all the emails in a massive Microsoft Outlook program on the laptop. The emails implicate other current and former members of Congress and one high-ranking Democratic Senator as having possibly engaged in criminal activity too, sources said.
Prosecutors in the office of US Attorney Preet Bharara have issued a subpoena for Weiner’s cell phones and travel records, law enforcement sources confirmed. NYPD said it planned to order the same phone and travel records on Clinton and Abedin, however, the FBI said it was in the process of requesting the identical records. Law enforcement sources are particularly interested in cell phone activity and travel to the Bahamas, U.S. Virgin Islands and other locations that sources would not divulge.
The new emails contain travel documents and itineraries indicating Hillary Clinton, President Bill Clinton, Weiner and multiple members of Congress and other government officials accompanied convicted pedophile billionaire Jeffrey Epstein on his Boeing 727 on multiple occasions to his private island in the U.S Virgin Islands, sources said. Epstein’s island has also been dubbed Orgy Island or Sex Slave Island where Epstein allegedly pimps out underage girls and boys to international dignitaries.
Both NYPD and FBI sources confirm based on the new emails they now believe Hillary Clinton traveled as Epstein’s guest on at least six occasions, probably more when all the evidence is combed, sources said. Bill Clinton, it has been confirmed in media reports spanning recent years, that he too traveled with Epstein over 20 times to the island.
Laptop Also Unveiled More Classified, Top Secret Breaches.
According to other uncovered emails, Abedin and Clinton both sent and received thousands of classified and top secret documents to personal email accounts including Weiner’s unsecured campaign web site which is managed by Democratic political consultants in Washington D.C.
Weiner maintained little known email accounts that the couple shared on the website anthonyweiner.com. Weiner, a former seven-term Democratic Congressman from New York, primarily used that domain to campaign for Congress and for his failed mayoral bid of New York City.
At one point, FBI sources said, Abedin and Clinton’s classified and top secret State Department documents and emails were stored in Weiner’s email on a server shared with a dog grooming service and a western Canadian bicycle shop.
However, Weiner and Abedin, who is Hillary Clinton’s closest personal aide, weren’t the only people with access to the Weiner’s email account. Potentially dozens of unknown individuals had access to Abedin’s sensitive State Department emails that were stored in Weiner’s email account, FBI sources confirmed.
FEC records show Weiner paid more than $92,000 of congressional campaign funds to Anne Lewis Strategies LLC to manage his email and web site. According to FBI sources, the D.C.-based political consulting firm has served as the official administrator of the anthonyweiner.com domain since 2010, the same time Abedin was working at the State Department. This means technically Weiner and Abedin’s emails, including top secret State Department emails, could have been accessed, printed, discussed, leaked, or distributed by untold numbers of personnel at the Anne Lewis consulting firm because they can control where the website and it emails are pointed, FBI sources said.
According to FBI sources, the bureau’s newly-minted probe into Clinton’s use and handling of emails while she served as secretary of state, has also been broadened to include investigating new email-related revelations, including:
- Abedin forwarded classified and top secret State Department emails to Weiner’s email
- Abedin stored emails, containing government secrets, in a special folder shared with Weiner warehousing over 500,000 archived State Department emails.
- Weiner had access to these classified and top secret documents without proper security clearance to view the records
- Abedin also used a personal yahoo address and her Clintonemail.com address to send/receive/store classified and top secret documents
- A private consultant managed Weiner’s site for the last six years, including three years when Clinton was secretary of state, and therefore, had full access to all emails as the domain’s listed registrant and administrator via Whois email contacts.
Because Weiner’s campaign website is managed by the third-party consultant and political email guru, FBI agents are burdened with the task of trying to decipher just how many people had access to Weiner’s server and emails and who were these people. Or if the server was ever compromised by hackers, or other actors.
Abedin told FBI agents in an April interview that she didn’t know how to consistently print documents or emails from her secure Dept. of State system. Instead, she would forward the sensitive emails to her yahoo, Clintonemail.com and her email linked to Weiner.
Abedin said, according to FBI documents, she would then access those email accounts via webmail from an unclassified computer system at the State Dept. and print the documents, many of which were classified and top secret, from the largely unprotected webmail portals.
Clinton did not have a computer in her office on Mahogany Row at the State Dept. so she was not able to read timely intelligence unless it was printed out for her, Abedin said. Abedin also said Clinton could not operate the secure State Dept. fax machine installed in her Chappaqua, NY home without assistance.
Perhaps more alarming, according to the FBI’s 302 Report detailing its interview with Abedin, none of the multiple FBI agents and Justice Department officials who conducted the interview pressed Abedin to further detail the email address linked to Weiner. There was never a follow up, according to the 302 report.
- DoJ Assistant Attorney Peter Kadzik outed as a mole for Hillary Clinton campaign.
- 3 November. Lisa Page wrote to Strzok, “The nyt [New York Times] probability numbers are dropping every day. I’m scared for our organization,” a reference to the New York Times presidential election forecast, which gave Hillary Clinton as high as a 93% chance of winning on October 25, before dropping to an 85% chances as of November 3.
- 4 November. Erik Prince appears on radio and outlines discoveries within the Huma Abedin/Anthony Weiner laptop that was being blocked by AG Loretta Lynch. Prince claimed insider knowledge of the investigation to explain why Dir. James Comey had to announce he was reopening the investigation into Clinton’s email server:
“Because of Weinergate and the sexting scandal, the NYPD started investigating it. Through a subpoena, through a warrant, they searched his laptop, and sure enough, found those 650,000 emails. They found way more stuff than just more information pertaining to the inappropriate sexting the guy was doing,” Prince claimed.
“They found State Department emails. They found a lot of other really damning criminal information, including money laundering, including the fact that Hillary went to this sex island with convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Bill Clinton went there more than 20 times. Hillary Clinton went there at least six times,” he said.
“The amount of garbage that they found in these emails, of criminal activity by Hillary, by her immediate circle, and even by other Democratic members of Congress was so disgusting they gave it to the FBI, and they said, ‘We’re going to go public with this if you don’t reopen the investigation and you don’t do the right thing with timely indictments,’” Prince explained.
“I believe – I know, and this is from a very well-placed source of mine at 1PP, One Police Plaza in New York – the NYPD wanted to do a press conference announcing the warrants and the additional arrests they were making in this investigation, and they’ve gotten huge pushback, to the point of coercion, from the Justice Department, with the Justice Department threatening to charge someone that had been unrelated in the accidental heart attack death of Eric Garner almost two years ago. That’s the level of pushback the Obama Justice Department is doing against actually seeking justice in the email and other related criminal matters,” Prince said.
- 7 November. Louise Mensch of HeatStreet reports two separate sources with links to the counter-intelligence community confirmed that the FBI was granted a FISA court warrant in October, giving counter-intelligence permission to examine the activities of ‘U.S. persons’ in Donald Trump’s campaign. While the BBC report suggests that the surveillance was meant to ferret out “transfers of money,” the Mensch article asserts that a “warrant was granted to look at the full content of emails and other related documents that may concern US persons" (FISA Title I authority).
- 8 November. Election day. FBI investigator Strzok and Lisa Page follow election returns: Strzok - "f*****g terrifying." Lisa Page - “OMG THIS IS F****** TERRIFYING.”
- Susan Rice’s interest in unmasking NSA materials accelerates.
- 9 November. As election returns flow in during the wee hours,
Lisa Page - CNN projecting FL for Trump.
Strzok - Damn
Lisa Page - And there it is.
Lisa Page - Analogous to the public editor article Bill [Priestap] handed out. n\nNews Media Yet Again Misreads America\u2019 Complex Pulse http://nyti.ms/2eCqXVM
Strzok - Too hard to explain here. Election related. Which is also godawful bad. n\nSure
Lisa Page - Are you even going to give out your calenders? Seems kind of depressing. Maybe it should just be the first meeting of the secret society.
Lisa Page - And Christ, we should just hit those thumb drives now. Their opinion is totally irrelevant.
Strzok - No. And yes.
Lisa Page - I'll mention to Andy [McCabe].
Strzok - Omg I am so depressed
Lisa Page - Yes, maybe. I need to see what [redact] wants to do first.
- 10 November. Facebook CEO & founder Mark Zuckerberg calls Clinton campaign & Deep State theory that Russian fake news influenced the U.S. presidential election "a pretty crazy idea."
- 12 November. Michael Moore attends Russian organized BlackMattersUS march in front of Trump Tower.
- 17 November. NSA Director Mike Rogers makes unannounced trip to Trump Tower to meet with President-elect Trump without notifying the White House. Rogers warned Trump of Obama administration illegal spying on Trump and the transition team. Trump immediately moves transition headquarters from Trump Tower to Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey to interview and discuss the most sensitive positions to fill, Defense, State, CIA, ODNI.
- Strzok texts Lisa Page "Sessions for AG," along with a profanity. Page replies, "Good god."
- United States votes against Russian sponsored resolution entitled "Combating glorification of Nazism, Neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fueling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance," in support of the Ukrainian government.
- 18-20 November. McCain and his longtime adviser, David Kramer–an ex-U.S. State Dept. official–attend a security conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia where former UK ambassador to Russia Sir Andrew Wood tells them about the Fusion GPS anti-Trump dossier. (Kramer is affiliated with the “Ukraine Today” media organization). They discuss confirming the info has reached top levels of FBI for action.
- 19 November. Washington Post reports Defense Secretary Ashton Carter and DNI James Clapper recommend to the White House NSA Dir. Rogers be fired. Rogers traveled to New York to meet with President-elect Trump days earlier at Trump Tower for warning Trump about the Obama administration illegal surveillance of the Trump team. "That caused consternation at senior levels of the administration, according to officials."
- 22 November. Bruce Ohr's first interview with FBI days after Mike Rogers' unannounced visit to Trump Tower.
- Hillary's "computer scientists" urge election recount.
- Sometime around Thanksgiving. Glenn Simpson of FusionGPS and Dep. Attn. Gen. Bruce Ohr meet while President-elect Trump is in the process of selecting his cabinet, and discussed the Clinton campaign's Steele dossier, the Russia meddling investigation, and what Simpson considered the distressing development of Trump’s victory. Ohr's wife, Nellie Ohr worked for both FusionGPS and CIA. Nellie Ohr represented the CIA's "Open Source Works" group in a 2010 "expert working group report on international organized crime" along with Bruce Ohr and Glenn Simpson. Open Source Works, the CIA’s in-house open source analysis component, is devoted to intelligence analysis of unclassified, open source information. The directive that established Open Source Works is classified, as is the charter of the organization. CIA says the existence of any such records is a classified fact.
- 28 November. McCain associate David Kramer flies to London to meet Christopher Steele for a briefing on the anti-Trump research. Afterward, Fusion GPS’ Glenn Simpson gives Sen. McCain a copy of the “dossier.” Steele also passes anti-Trump info to top UK government official in charge of national security. Sen. McCain soon arranges a meeting with FBI Director Comey.
As of December 5, 2016, the Obama administration had not acknowledged any attempt by Moscow to influence the election in favor of candidate Trump. However, four days later on December 9, Adam Entous, Ellen Nakashima, and Greg MIiier of the Washington Post reported that the CIA concluded a new assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 U.S. presidential election to help candidate
In reviewing the various leaks both before and after November 8, 2016, a trend becomes evident - prior to the election, leaks of potentially classified information focused on Russia's attempts to sow discord with the U.S. presidential election. Leaks after the election focused on an alleged desire of Russia for Trump to win the presidency, rather than for the sole purpose of undermining confidence in the U.S. electoral system.
By "walking back" negative statements Trump made about the IC, in particular the CIA, and "going along" with congressional investigations into Russian collusion which ultimately would end in a whitewash, Trump could gain cooperation in deal making for career civil service employees and appointments. If not, hearing Trump's promise to drain the swamp, the Intelligence Community is "going to war."
With the creation of ISIS, the Obama White House and Intelligence Community had much to hide. The Benghazi massacre derailed their plans; rather than a quick overthrow of Assad it led to Russian involvement in Syria and a continuing war of attrition. Anyone involved in fomenting the atrocity which is the Syrian war, the crimes against peace and crimes against humanity, felt vulnerable.
- 4 December. New Zealand Prime Minister resigns after getting caught giving $13.7 million in taxpayer money to the Clinton Foundation.
- 5 December. FBI Dep. Dir. of Counterintelligence Peter Strzok gives false and misleading briefing to House Intelligence Committee investigators into Hillary Clinton's Steele dossier. House Intelligence Committee investigators later were contacted by an informant suggesting that there was “documentary evidence” that Strzok was obstructing the House probe into the Steele dossier.
- 9 December. Brennan provides assessment to Obama, claims Russia intervened in 2016 election to help Trump and impair Hillary Clinton’s chances.
- 10 December. IC goon John Schindler issues series of threats and ultimatums in open source medium (SOCMINT or Social Media Intelligence, part of a 5th "domain of war") after the FBI established that DNC emails published by Wikileaks originated with Seth Rich, and not Russian hackers. Schindler maintains the official talking points of "for years" "the Kremlin is behind Wikileaks," the quick way to deny the veracity of anything, including future leaks.
|*ATTN @realDonaldTrump: going to war with the IC is a truly colossally stupid thing to do, per this tweetstorm [ link to CNN article ] /1 5:47 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*I've been telling you for years—esp last few months—that the Kremlin is behind Wikileaks. Now the IC is saying so openly. Big deal. /2 5:48 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*IC has hard proof at TS+ level that Moscow used Wikileaks to hurt Hillary and help Trump in 2016. These are facts that will not go away.|
[Ed. note: IC = Intelligence Community. TS+ = Top-Secret Plus.] /3 5:49 AM - 10 Dec 2016
|*The investigation demanded by Congress will reveal what we already know—that Putin wanted US political chaos & if possible a Trump win /4 5:50 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Team Trump now has to decide to go along with the investigation of Russian interference or fight it; seems they have chosen the latter. /5 5:50 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Publicly attacking the IC as Trump has just done will end very badly for Don. Remember what happened when Hillary attacked the spooks? /5 5:51 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Have you really forgotten about #EmailGate already, @realDonaldTrump? Mocking the IC in public will result in big things you won't like. /6 5:52 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*The IC dislikes you intensely and they hate Flynn. The spooks have much more on you than they had on Hillary. This is a #YUGE mistake. /7 5:53 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Only way Trump can make the issue of Russian interference worse is by impugning American intelligence. Which Don just did. Get popcorn /8 5:54 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*IC knows the full picture of what happened this year. They're not happy with you, @realDonaldTrump. You have the weekend to walk it back. /9 5:55 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*If Don won't walk back his foolish attack on the IC, watch for leaked terms like KGB, FSB, SVR, kompromat, Mogilevich, Organizatsiya... /10 6:00 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
- 13 December. Sen. McCain receives copy of Steele dossier.
- 15 December. DNI Clapper signs off on NSA directive for new rules of circulating raw wiretapping evidence; needs Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch's signature to take effect.
- 16 December. Inspector General Empowerment Act of 2016 signed into law giving the OIG access to all information that a target agency possesses, reversing Obama administration's stonewalling IG investigations. This access not only includes the agency's internal documentation and data, but also that which the agency externally collected and documented.
- 19 December. Electoral College meets in 50 state capitals to elect new president.
- 22 December. December 22, right after this resolution was proposed, a “very senior member” of Trump’s transition team — who has been identified as Jared Kushner direct Michael Flynn to contact officials of the various foreign governments on the UN Security Council to inform them Trump opposed an Obama orchestrated resolution condemning Israeli settlement activity.
- 23 December. Russian Amb. Sergei Kislyak informs Flynn that Russia would not vote against the Obama administration's resolution condemning Israel despite Trump's opposition to it.
- 28 December. Perkins Coie, the surrogate law firm acting on behalf of Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC to write the Steele dossier, makes a payment of $58,669 to FusionGPS. Payments total $1,024,408 since May. Donna Brazile later reveals the Clinton campaign was in control of the DNC budget since mid 2015.
- Obama signs executive order with new round of sanctions against Russia. Flynn seeks guidance from K.T. McFarland about what to tell Kislyak. Flynn and McFarland discuss how the sanctions might affect Trump foreign-policy goals. McFarland tells Flynn that the transition team did not want Russia to escalate the situation — meaning, not to respond aggressively to Obama’s move.
- Flynn calls Kislyak, asking that Russia not escalate — that it restrict itself to a measured, reciprocal response.
- 29 December. Obama announced sanctions against Russia as retribution for alleged hacking activities. From this date until Trump’s inauguration January 20, the White House aggressively pumps into the media two streams of information: one about Russian hacking; the other about Trump’s Russia connection. The two streams are merged into one in the hands of sympathetic reporters.
- 30 December. CrowdStrike claim of Russian hacking, reiterated by the Obama White House, debunked.
- Washington Post falsely reports on a Russian effort to penetrate the electrical grid by hacking into a Vermont utility. The story offers a senior administration official speculating on Russian motives. The infrastructure hack is reported to be part of a broader hacking campaign that includes election hacking. The story then moves to Trump: “He…has spoken highly of Russian President Vladimir Putin, despite President Obama’s suggestion that the approval for hacking came from the highest levels of the Kremlin.” The story is repeated by news organizations throughout America. Only later the Washington Post retracts it regarding how far the Russian compromised computers.
- Mainstream fake news hysteria over "Russian vote hacking" put out by the Obama administration.
- Putin announces that Russia will not take retaliatory measures agwinst Obama sanctions at that time.
- 31 December. Kislyak explains to Flynn no retaliatory measures to Obama sanctions was done in deference to Flynn’s request. Flynn made no promises to Russia about the sanctions.
2017 soft coup
The information the FBI collected, and the material Christopher Steele and FusionGPS manufactured, were used to create the fake news Trump-Russia conspiracy theory, and to manipulate the FISA court into granting a FISA warrant - what Peter Strzok called “the insurance policy” against Trump's election. When James Comey reopened the Clinton investigation ten days before the election in October 2016, and Hillary's lead in the polls started to drop, the "insurance policy" became operational: officially sanctioned leaks alleging collusion between Trump and Russia were rampant.
When James Comey asked for a private meeting with Trump on January 6, 2017 to present Trump with Hillary Clinton's fictional opposition research as a US intelligence product, Comey briefed Trump only on the sexual allegations and not a word about Carter Page, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, and Michael Cohen being targeted under the FISA Act. According to Comey, he acted on the instructions of John Brennan and James Clapper. Clapper dutifully leaked the fact that Trump had been briefed on allegations that he consorted with prostitutes in a Moscow hotel in 2013 in an unsavory way to Jake Tapper of CNN. CNN reported the made-up news from the supposed "intelligence report" and linked to the opposition research report on BuzzFeed, claiming it was some sort of official document in the hands of the US intelligence community that the government was acting on.
- Obama war crimes
- Barack Obama Controversies
- Barack Hussein Obama's unlawful acts
- Mainstream media and Donald Trump
- Obama's second term agenda
- Media intelligence complex
- Trump-Russia scandal
- Clinton body count
- Clinton scandal
- Crisis in Ukraine
- Project Cassandra
- Trump transition
- Deep state coup
- FBI scandal
- Arab Spring
- Jim Sciutto
- https://townhall.com/columnists/bryancrabtree/2017/07/10/obamas-political-weap fton-against-trump-n2352631
- Hillary Clinton was the intellectual property lawyer for Systematics. According to The American Lawyer, July 1992: "[Hillary] Clinton also was attracted to intellectual property litigation. 'We did not have any intellectual property expertise when she joined us,' says Vince Foster, who adds that Clinton got involved in this area through her work for the firm client, Systematics Inc., a company based in Little Rock that provided computer systems for financial institutions. 'She became sort of self-taught in all of this,' explains Foster. 'And you don't find a lot of intellectual property subspecialists in Arkansas. Quite frankly, the rest of us here thought of it as a foreign language.'" Part of this "intellectual property" would involve a banking transaction software system based on the stolen PROMIS software. A federal bancruptcy court had ruled in 1987 that the US Justice Dept. 'stole' the PROMIS software from small company called Inslaw Inc when the DOJ refused to pay Inslaw for it. US intelligence took the PROMIS software and added a hiden "backdoor" for monitoring banking transactions and money laundering. Systematics was the marketing firm the National Security Agency (NSA) was using to get the PROMIS software with the hidden backdoor into the hands of banks worldwide. The intellectual property that Hillary handled and that Systematics was marketing had been stolen from Inslaw. Systematics was founded in 1968 by University of Arkansas graduate Walter Smiley, who learned of the high software costs and other difficulties faced by small banks in trying to use data processing software from his experiences working with IBM and in the banking industry. Smiley recognized a niche that could be filled for medium-sized banks in this space, and sought funding to start his own company. http://walton.uark.edu/abhf/walter-v-smiley.php Through Jon Jacoby, Smiley was introduced to the Stephens family, who agreed to invest $400,000 in Smiley and Systematics in return for 80% equity stake. http://www.stephensgroup.com/our-portfolio-partners/case-studies Jon Jacoby is the father of Mary Jacoby, wife of Glenn Simpson, http://library.fora.tv/speaker/6818/Glenn_Simpson the founder and owner of FusionGPS.
- (pp. 6-7)
- Brian White reports "Papadopoulos had previous connections in the UK. He had studied at University College London and had spent four months with Energy Stream, a British consultancy firm. Immediately prior to joining LCILP he had spent six weeks working for Ben Carson, a Republican contender for the US presidency. Carson’s campaign was flagging and Papadopoulos left at the end of January. He wasn’t without work for long, however, and swiftly stepped into two new roles: one as a foreign policy adviser to Trump, the other with LCILP."
- FISC Judge Collyer, Memorandum Opinion & Order, Apr. 26, 2017, pp. 83 - 89.
- The Uncovering – Section 702 “About” Queries, Independent Contractors & a New Narrative, January 15, 2018 by Jeff Carlson, CFA.
- Institutional Lack of Candor – FISA Violations A primer on recent unauthorized activity by the Intelligence Community, January 24, 2018. Demand Progress.
- Confessore, Scott Shane, Nicholas; Rosenberg, Matthew (11 January 2017). "How a Sensational, Unverified Dossier Became a Crisis for Donald Trump". The New York Times.
- pp. 83-84
- Expert Working Group Report on International Organized Crime, John T. Picarelli, Discussion Paper Document No.: 230846, National Institute of Justice, June 2010, p. 30 PDF. Published by the United States Dept. of Justice.
- NYT, 1/19/17
- Brennan played a key role in the illegal wiretap program, overseeing the production of what personnel in the program called the “scary memos” intended to justify the domestic spying exposed by [NYT reporter James] Risen. Brennan has since admitted that he relied on intelligence from the CIA’s interrogation programs to develop such memos, and his tenure in that role spanned the period when the CIA used its most extreme torture. https://www.thenation.com/article/government-war-against-reporter-james-risen/
- Clinton Server Scandal_Segment 5
- Russian Active Measures, March 22, 2018, p. 88.
- colloquially referred to as "industry" by the IC.
- "Trump 'compromising' claims: How and why did we get here?", BBC, Jan. 12, 2017.
- Statement by Director James Comey on the Investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Use of a Personal E-Mail System (July i5, 2015).
- Vin Weber was a member of the Conservative Opportunity Society caucus of the House along with Newt Gingrich and Jack Kemp that orchestrated the Republican Revolution of 1994.
- Russian Active Measures, March 22, 2028, pp. 111-112.
- "Former State Department official [redacted] has stated publicly that, over a period of approximately two years, he provided over "100 of Steele's reports with the Russia experts at the State Department," including Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland. In Septemberer 2016, Winer was personally briefed by Steele on the dossier, and shared a two-page summary with Nuland, who ensured that Secretary of State John Kerry was made aware of Steele's information. Additionally, [redacted] received from Clinton associate [redacted] information collected by an individual named [redacted] Shearer which, "alleged the Russians had compromising information on Trump of a sexual and financial nature." Winer shared [redacted]r information with Steele, who provided it to the FBI. [redacted], "Devin Nunes is investigating me. Here's the truth.," Washington Post, Feb. 8, 2018; Susan B. Glaser, "Victoria Nuland: The Full Transcript." POLITICO, Feb. 5, 2018; Appendix G. The Committee believes that additional State Department officials were aware of Steele's efforts in 2016." Footnote 4, p. 113, HPSCI Russian Active Measures in the 2016 Election, March 22, 2018.
- Russian Active Measures, March 22, 2018, p. 90.
- OVERSIGHT OF THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION, HEARING BEFORE THE COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ONE HUNDRED FOURTEENTH CONGRESS SECOND SESSION, SEPTEMBER 28, 2016 page 88 PDF
- Hillary Clinton on Assange "Can't we just drone this guy" -- report https://t.co/S7tPrl2QCZ https://t.co/qy2EQBa48y
- United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillence Court, Memorandum Opinion and Order, April 26, 2017, p. 19.
- Target: Caught in the Crosshairs of Bill and Hillary Clinton, Kathleen Willey, World Ahead Publishing, Nov 6, 2007 ISBN 978-0974670164 ISBN 0974670162
- "Charles Krauthammer reacted to a new Wall Street Journal report that the Justice Department objected to the Obama Administration sending $400 million in non-U.S. currency just hours before Iran released four imprisoned Americans. The DOJ was overruled by the State Department, according to the report.
Krauthammer said "of course the Justice Department objected; it was illegal."
He said that not only was the payment bad optics and a quid pro quo for the release of the Americans, but it skirted statute against dealing with Iran in U.S. dollars.
"They had to print the money here, ship it over to Switzerland, turn it into Swiss francs and Euros and ship it over to Iran."
- Check out @HillaryClinton's Tweet: https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/793250312119263233?s=09
- https://t.co/MNHzJ310Nl pic.twitter.com/uTQF6baWBC
- Russian Active Measures, March 22, 2018, pp. 101-110.
- http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/10/politics/donald-trump-response-russian-hacking/ …
- "the leaders of the intelligence community agreed he needed to be told about because we knew it and thought it was about to become public." http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1804/19/cg.01.html
- Obama era surveillence timeline, sharylattkisson.co
- Twitter DM's Between @Guccifer_2 & @Robbin_Young
- The Complete Obama Timeline
- The Plot to Stop Trump: The Story of a Failed Effort to Overturn an Election, Fred Lucas - Book review.
- All the president's enemies, by The Washington Times
- ObamaGate Timeline of Corruption