Police State is a term used to describe a government that has imposed ruthless and restrictive measures over its citizens. The measures can include heavy surveillance, repression of free speech and freedom of religion, rigid rules in terms of association, government control over the media and political tyranny.
Often the first step in the creation of a police state is mandatory gun registration and gun control leading to gun confiscation and disarming the citizens. This civilian disarmament followed by summary execution and then genocide happened in Turkey from 1911, the Soviet Union from 1929, China from 1935, Germany from 1938, Cambodia from 1956, Guatemala from 1964, Uganda from 1970 under Idi Amin, Argentina from 1976, Bosnia-Herzegovina from 1992, Sierra Leone from 2000, Darfur from 2006. All communist countries (Vietnam, North Korea, Cuba, etc.) and many socialist-tendency countries such as Great Britain, France, Canada and Australia have disarmed their populace.
Disarmed citizens of a police state can more easily be deemed enemy combatants or potential "terrorists" and subjected to summary execution by Executive Order is the punishment of choice for a wide variety of offenses, both criminal and political, under the rule of a dictator.
Quotes about Police States
- "The progress of science in furnishing the government with means of espionage is not likely to stop with wire tapping. Ways may some day be developed by which the government, without removing papers from secret drawers, can reproduce them in court, and by which it will be enabled to expose to a jury the most intimate occurrences of the home. Advances in the psychic and related sciences may bring means of exploring unexpressed beliefs, thoughts and emotions. 'That places the liberty of every man in the hands of every petty officer' was said by James Otis of much lesser intrusions than these. 1 To Lord Camden a far slighter intrusion seemed 'subversive of all the comforts of society.' Can it be that the Constitution affords no protection against such invasions of individual security?"
- Big government liberal Welfare state leads to socialist Nanny state, leads to communist Police state
- Gun control - key element to create a police state
- Environmentalism - another key element to create a police state
- Animal rights
- Liberal totalitarianism
- Stewart Rhodes from Oath Keepers on Restoring the Republic: http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/stewart-rhodes-oath-keepers-founder, The Survival Podcast
- Gun control#Gun Control and Genocide
- The True Face of Gun Control, Dean Speir, The Gun Zone RKBA, Accessed March 28, 2014
- http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/when-a-republican-murders-u-s-citizens by Ted Nugent Accessed March 28, 2014
- "Few things are as dangerous to American liberty as the proposition that the government should be able to kill citizens anywhere in the world on the basis of legal standards and evidence that are never submitted to a court, either before or after the fact. Anyone willing to trust President Obama with the power to secretly declare an American citizen an enemy of the state and order his extrajudicial killing should ask whether they would be willing to trust the next president with that dangerous power." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/us-targeted-killings-eric-holder_n_1320515.html Accessed March 28, 2014