Previous Breaking News/ACLU
This page contains the items that were once on the "Breaking News" section of the Main Page. The articles are mainly about the ACLU.
Last date of Archived news is July 31, 2008. Contains archives from January 2007 to July 2008.
- The ACLU wants sex offenders near your children 
- The ACLU has just announced a $335 million fund-raising campaign intended to strengthen its operations in "heartland" states. In most cases, it will publicly attack in court and out, positions on issues such as "immigrants' rights, gay rights, police brutality and opposition to the death penalty." 
- ACLU and the Federal Government Support Invasion of Illegal aliens in Washington 
- The ACLU v. Good Judges 
- Phyllis Schlafly’s Eagle Forum believes appointing the right federal and local judges is more important than electing members of Congress or the President. Without solid, constitutionalist judges in place, the ACLU will continue winning cases that encourage the breakdown of traditional values and constitutional rights.
- The ACLU is suing to deprive public schools the ability to improve achievement through use of some single-sex classes. Separating boys and girls is known to improve achievement in some circumstances, and is being used by 392 public schools. This lawsuit is in Breckinridge County, Kentucky.
- Is the ACLU motivated by the $7.4 million awarded in fees to groups that forced Michigan schools to hold boys and girls sports competitions in the same season? 
- ACLU Attitudes Infest the Ford Foundation 
- Cell phone users can now choose a company that will donate some of its profits to liberal causes like the ACLU, Greenpeace, Planned Parenthood, Media Matters for America, Rock the Vote, Center for Constitutional Rights, Human Rights Watch, and GLAAD.  
- A Massachusetts jury completely acquits a pro-family leader for an alleged assault of an ACLU activist who was a counter-demonstrator at a pro-family rally. Are the homosexual activists losing their grip on Massachusetts?
- ACLU Should Get a Clue Human Events 
"Is there any organization so consistently anti-American, uncivil, anti-liberty and disunifying?"
- Unions Frantic: Will School Choice Referendum Prevail in Utah? Human Events
The National Education Association (NEA), Utah Parent Teacher Association (PTA), the ACLU and the local NAACP chapter are working together to attack school choice.
- Here's a switch - Mormon student, Justice, ACLU Join Up. The Justice Department is joining the ACLU in backing a student who lost his state-funded merit-based scholarship because he left college to serve a two-year church mission. LDSLiving
- Judge sides with AFL-CIO, ACLU in putting freeze on Department of Homeland Security Plan to Warn Employers About Hiring Illegals. Fox News:  and Washington Post 
- The ACLU demands $2.3 million in fees for challenging a law against illegal immigration. This demand "illustrates the circus the ACLU brought to this case," the Mayor of Hazelton said. "They had 20 attorneys sitting in the courtroom at a time, 16 of them doing nothing but running up the bill." 
- But things can go wrong for the ACLU, like when one of their own, who happened to be the head of the Virginia chapter, gets caught and arrested, tried and convicted of downloading child pornography...from his 10 year-old son's bedroom computer! 
- O'Reilly: Ward Churchill's demise. Bill O'Reilly says "the ACLU is exposed as a fraud" and its condemnation of former Harvard President Lawrence Summers is a double standard. Video
- US Cities Suing Street Gangs in Latest Tactic to Fight Drugs, Crime. The ACLU objects. Fox News 
- A Perception Issue? Revolving door between the American Civil Liberties Union and National Public Radio. NewsBusters:
- ACLU Wants the US to Lose the War on Terrorism  Jpatt
- A Guide to the Political Left: DiscoverTheNetwork.org Check out its articles on the ACLU Jpatt
- ACLU Doesn't Want to Pay Taxes; Expects Churches to Pay Them  Jpatt
- A judge has upheld the issuance of Indiana license plates bearing the message "In God We Trust," dismissing a constitutional challenge by the ACLU of Indiana  Jpatt
- ACLU Is AWOL On Free Speech  Jpatt
- ACLU Aiding America's Enemies, Again  Jpatt
- The ACLU assembles a terrorist legal defense force that includes former Attorney General Janet Reno and former Federal Bureau of Investigation Director William Webster  Jpatt
- America, 1. ACLU, 0 - Supreme Court Rejects ACLU Challenge to Warrantless Surveillance Program. Warrantless surveillance violates the Fourth Amendment. 
- The American Civil Liberties Union lost a lawsuit challenging President Bush's domestic spying program, saying the plaintiffs had no standing to sue. Associated Press article at Fox News.  Jpatt
- Court Ends Bible Distribution in School 
Guess who sued for that ruling? The ACLU, of course. Jpatt
- The ACLU strikes again: it just persuaded the Ninth Circuit to forbid Congress from transferring a cross to private owners who would preserve it in the Mojave Desert, in Buono v. Kempthorne  Is there no end to the hostility to Christianity? Jpatt
- ACLU deceit in its "'talking points' in case Uncle Harry asks why the ACLU hates Christmas so much: Tell him 'we work year-round to ensure that everyone in America has the freedom to practice their own religion (or no religion) and to keep the government out of religion.'"  In fact, the ACLU destroys "the freedom to" pray in the classroom, and its "keep the government out of religion" means atheism at the expense of overwhelmingly religious taxpayers. Jpatt
- The ACLU strikes again! This time it has enlisted the Liberal Courts to have banned the private distribution of Bibles in public school. The federal Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit issued this ruling for the ACLU. Doe v. S. Iron R-1 Sch. Dist., 2007 U.S. App. LEXIS 19818 (8th Cir. Aug. 21, 2007). Jpatt
- The Seventh Circuit just ruled against the ACLU by overturning "a lower court's decision that sectarian prayers on the floor of the (Indiana) House violated the constitutional separation of church and state." Jpatt