I added medicinal drugs, the section could use a bit more info, like the dates and people involved in the discovery of penicillin and the synthesis of aspirin. Also, what the heck are those new pain killers called? My memory fails me... Human 17:36, 22 April 2007 (EDT)
What was "liberal" about this that you removed. It looks pretty factual to me.
Philip J. Rayment 07:31, 25 January 2008 (EST)
- It created an impression that drugs are a good thing, and in its introduction blurred the distinction between prescription medication and illegal drugs.--Aschlafly 07:50, 25 January 2008 (EST)
- Well, some drugs are a good thing (taken properly). But surely any problems in that regard could have been fixed by some rewording or rearrangement, rather than outright deletion which makes it look like there's no such thing as medicinal drugs. Philip J. Rayment 08:21, 25 January 2008 (EST)
- Most likely, but I'm not positive it's actually legal de jure there. DanH 20:48, 25 January 2008 (EST)
- How do you mean? Barikada 20:49, 25 January 2008 (EST)
- I thought that marijuana was technically still illegal there, but that it was officially non-enforced. DanH 20:50, 25 January 2008 (EST)
- The term "drugs" typically refers to things like marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc., and not only is it prohibited in the United States for good reason, but possession of it is even more harshly punished in other countries, again for good reason. Attempts to paint a different and misleading picture in this entry should not be allowed.--Aschlafly 21:11, 25 January 2008 (EST)
- The connection isn't obvious? Barikada started this thread by saying, "Is the legality of marijuana in the Netherlands notable?" The answer is, as suggested by my comment above: first talk about how it is illegal nearly everywhere else and, apparently, illegal in the Netherlands also.
- Call me old-fashioned, but I like having direct answers to my questions. In this case, a "yes" or a "no," with a citation, would have been fine. The point wasn't to discuss the legality of it anywhere else but Holland. For the sake of the article being fair and balanced -- and trustworthy, it's important to fully explain other country's stance on drugs. There are other countries beyond America. Konserve 20:26, 25 January 2008 (CST)
- Alright, Aschafly... The connection between that and what you said is tenuous at best. I simply asked if it was worth noting that marijuana was tolerated in some places. Now that we've already established that my original assumption was incorrect, can we please cool it? Be cool, be calm. Barikada 21:30, 25 January 2008 (EST)