"Cain would be this nation's first African-American president"
If this is true, then the African-American article needs to be changed, because Obama does fit the definition given there. Or does the editor mean that Cain would be the nation's first real black president? (See here for one interpretation of the difference between African American and Black American.) --AaronT 20:42, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
- The truth is Obama is the first bi-racial president. I see your point if half black qualifies him as African-American and not Caucasian American. Cain would be the first president having both of his parents from African descent.--Jpatt 22:06, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
- And Cain's wife would be the second African American First Lady.--Jpatt 22:09, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
"Mutt or purebred?"
You didn't just compare a human being's ethnic/cultural/racial backgrounds to dog breeding, did you? "Pure" race is an idea that doesn't really have a lot of traction these days. ScottDG 22:27, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
- No i didn't, it was somebody else.--Jpatt 22:47, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
- JPatt, did you really just use the words "Mutt" and "Purebred"? You sicken me. RexBanner 22:44, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
- Oh darn, Rex's feelings got hurt. I'll crack out my violin. --Jpatt 22:47, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
- How sweet. And how charming of a self-professed "Christian" to mock us blacks. Remind me, where does the Bible preach on racial purity? RexBanner 22:49, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
- More faux outrage Rex, what a good little liberal you are. I just mocked blacks? Um, aren't you supposed to use the politically correct "I just mocked African Americans?" Between you and ScottDG, I see nearly 10 IP addresses. You may have to retire soon fakers. --Jpatt 22:53, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
- Perhaps you're not aware that there are black people outside the United States. Those of us who reside beyond your frontiers are not African Americans. As for fakers; I don't have the slightest clue (not interest) in whomever this "Scott" is, and I do hope you enjoy your own affectations. RexBanner 22:59, 19 October 2011 (EDT)