|!||This article is within the scope of WikiProject Religion, an attempt to build a comprehensive guide to Religion-related articles on Conservapedia. If you would like to participate, you can edit this article, or visit the project page, where you can join the project and/or contribute to the discussion.|
Puzzled as to why this page is so positive? Wicca is a religion with roots in masonry and ceremonial magic involving summoning demons...I can add more - I've got quite a few books on Wicca. Just seems more like a Wikipedia article. Agorazo
There is a lot of information in this article with no references at all. I know very little about Wicca, but if someone claims to, they should provide the information to back it up. --Todd 21 March 2007.
Being Pagan myself, I know a bit about Wicca. Tsengfox
Not to be sarcastic but I found this article strangely devoid of bias. I find that nice.--Snotbowst 18:01, 28 February 2008 (EST)
Wicca has many different sects and groups, but has no central body or governing organization, or a holy book. Wiccans belong to small, local organizations called "covens" or practice "solitary", as they see fit. Because
Ok this just isnt true
i dont remember how i found this site and i dont like wiccans much but this wicca page is just terrible completly unsourced and just not true i dont know if this is purely a conservative christian site and you dont want me editing this article but if you dont educate people on a religion you seem to despise than the people who read it wont know what they are talking about
Removed Wiccan Murders Section
5/2011- Removed "WICCAN MURDERS" section. It is completely irrelevant, inflammatory, and wholly unnecessary. The "supporting links" are bogus, broken, or outright made up and no individual concerned with honesty should be interested in reading or posting them. HarabecW
- The links to the news stories are not broken at all, and I doubt very much they are made up. Now please explain why you feel a need to remove them. Karajou 15:26, 6 May 2011 (EDT)
The events in the news stories have nothing to do with the people involved being Wiccan, one of them is a blog, another is from a dubious "news" website, and it has zero relevance to the Wicca page. It smacks of being put there for the sole purpose of smearing Wicca and Wiccans and that isnt what this page is for. HarabecW
- If you can prove beyond doubt that wicca had absolutely nothing to do with each of the crimes detailed in these stories, then we'll remove the links in question. Karajou 22:57, 6 May 2011 (EDT)
That can easily be demonstrated by pointing out that the vast majority of Wiccans DONT kill people. Indicating the behavior of a tiny fraction of a specific group is not proof against the entire group itself. That, I would have thought, should be obvious. If people start murdering Hostess Brands executives because they feel Twinkies are poisoning people, should we then indict Twinkies as being responsible for murder?
In all of the articles, Wicca is mentioned as a feature of one of the participants and has no bearing on the actual event or the crime was carried out by someone with undeniably clear mental health problems in which case their religious views are irrelevant. HarabecW
- You do have a valid point. What could you do to improve the article overall? The following needs to be addressed: what is it about? How many practice it? How do they practice it? The history. Is it related to witchcraft? Things like that to make it a complete and better article. Karajou 20:30, 7 May 2011 (EDT)
- Much of that information is already there, it just needs to be fleshed out a little more in certain areas for it to be more complete. I'll try to add more to it in the days to come. Could you remove the murder's section? -HarabecW
- Section removed. Come up with a good, workable plan for the article, and fill in detail as needed. Karajou 20:48, 7 May 2011 (EDT)
Made the introduction more readable and removed weasel words. Corrected some spelling and punctuation issues. -HarabecW 5/8/2011
Added several new sections and lots of new material. -HarabecW 5/9/2011
Move to Witchcraft?
I suggest that we move this article to Witchcraft or since that page redirects to Witch, perhaps Witchcraft could be turned into a disambiguation page. Yours in Christ, AdamDiscordia 15:34, 15 May 2011 (EDT)
- I disagree. Wicca and Witchcraft are separate things entirely and as such I dont think they should be put in the same article --HarabecW 01:07, 17 May 2011 (EDT)