Thomas Sowell (born June 30, 1930) is America's most famous black conservative author. His book A Conflict of Visions contrasts the political beliefs of the modern left and right. Sowell has a Ph.D in Economics from Harvard University, and is currently a Senior Fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution. 
Sowell, who cites George Will as a personal influence, prefers writing for popular audiences over writing for more "academic" setting, saying that "writing for the general public enables him to address the heart of issues without the smoke and mirrors that so often accompany academic writing". 
- Too much of what is called "education" is little more than an expensive isolation from reality.
- "Racism" is the trump card in the indictment of Republicans. But the cold fact is that the whole Jim Crow era in the South was dominated by Democrats. 
- A Conflict of Visions, by Thomas Sowell
- Black Rednecks & White Liberals
- Black Rednecks and White Liberals: Who's a Redneck?
- Conservative Quotes and Messages