Thomas Sowell (born June 30, 1930) is America's most famous African American conservative author. His book A Conflict of Visions contrasts the political beliefs of the modern left and right. Sowell has a Ph.D in Economics from Harvard University, and is currently a Senior Fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution.
Sowell, who cites George Will as a personal influence, prefers writing for popular audiences over writing for more "academic" setting, saying that "writing for the general public enables him to address the heart of issues without the smoke and mirrors that so often accompany academic writing".
- The NAACP's decision to back the teachers' unions, who donate money to them, against charter schools that provide thousands of black children their only hope of a better life, means that the NAACP should no longer be considered part of the civil rights movement, but just another part of the race hustling racket.
- "Too much of what is called 'education' is little more than an expensive isolation from reality."
- "Our schools and colleges are turning out people who cannot feel fulfilled unless they are telling other people what to do."
- "We pay a lot of lip service to educational excellence. But too many institutions and individuals that have produced good educational results for minority students have not only failed to get support, but have even been undermined."
- "Racism" is the trump card in the indictment of Republicans. But the cold fact is that the whole Jim Crow era in the South was dominated by Democrats. 
- Colion Noir, Alfonzo Rachel, Alex Barron, Sheriff David Clarke, Dr. Benjamin Carson, Alan Keyes, Reginald Kaigler (Demcad), Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas, Conservative black pundits (See Black conservatives and AfricanAmericanConservatives.com)
- A Conflict of Visions, by Thomas Sowell
- Black Rednecks & White Liberals
- Black Rednecks and White Liberals: Who's a Redneck?
- Thomas Sowell, Random Thoughts - Nov. 1, 2016
- Conservative Quotes and Messages
- Are We Serious About Education?