Post Comments Here
Edit ability removed at certain times
Hi Mr. Schlafly. Did you receive the email I sent to email@example.com about my ability to edit disappearing at certain intervals during the day/night? Is this a problem with my account? Since I have over 650 edits so far, I wouldn't think this is a glitch in Mediawiki's autoconfirmed users group, but I'm not entirely sure. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help fix the problem. Thank you! Kevin Davis Talk 19:00, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
- Hi Mr. Schlafly. The same problem occurred last night, and I just want to make sure that there isn't anything I can do to help its solution. Thank you! Kevin Davis Talk 08:34, 21 October 2011 (EDT)
- I'll look into this further. It should work fine for you at this time.--Andy Schlafly 10:12, 21 October 2011 (EDT)
- May I add from my experience:
- there are certain periods of the day when ordinary users aren't allowed to edit Conservapedia, but only those of the group edit: Users with the edit tag are able to edit Conservapedia when night mode occurs (where editing is disabled for everyone except those with administrator or edit tags). Though these periods are somewhat irregular, they tend not to be an inconvenience for Americans with a sound sleep...
- when you perform too many edits (or even views?) in too short a time, you get blocked from even viewing Conservapedia for some time (a couple of hours?). This happened to me each time when I reverted vandalism and wasn't slowed down sufficiently enough by these annoying captchas. My solution to avoid this is to let the more senior editors handle the reverts.
- AugustO 11:05, 21 October 2011 (EDT)
- As to the first point, I wasn't aware of the edit group; although I'm not in that group (based on what my preferences' window shows) I've had the issue at various times of the day and morning as well, even around times like 8-9am. I don't think that's the problem. That doesn't fit with this a night time restriction. To the second point, that sounds similar to the connection problems I've had. I haven't seen a correlation between the issue and the number of the edits I make; it normally happens after a few minutes of viewing, whether or not I edit. I try to revert as much as I can, but since the viewing restriction normally activates, I can't finish cleaning up. Does any of this information help, Mr. Schlafly? Thanks! Kevin Davis Talk 15:35, 21 October 2011 (EDT)
- May I add from my experience:
- Do you have a scholarly source for the translation of ιδού as at that moment?
- Do you think that it is right to call Carolus Martellus the grandson of Carolus Magnus?
- Are we allowed to call them Charlemagne? Charles the Great? Karl der Große? Karl der Hammer? Charles Martel? Karl Martell?
AugustO 03:28, 21 October 2011 (EDT)
- The New Revised Standard Version of the Bible -- which is a "scholarly source" -- translates it as "at that moment" here. Also, simply search the internet for ιδού and "at that moment" and you'll see additional examples.
- The more difficult question is this: why do you object so much to that rather straightforward translation?--Andy Schlafly 19:13, 21 October 2011 (EDT)
- Perhaps, Mr Schlafly, a more difficult question is this: why did you delete the concerns raised by several students rather than answering us? RexBanner 21:14, 21 October 2011 (EDT)