- 1 Regarding the Anonymous page
- 2 Seeing as you've blocked me in the past for sometimes having a less-than-cheerful attitude...
- 3 What the hell are you doing?
- 4 Editing
- 5 Conservative
- 6 Personal Honeypot
- 7 Thanks
- 8 Spambots
- 9 I removed your latest round of "personal attacks removed" censorship
- 10 Editing should work now
- 11 Maybe you're right
- 12 AlanE
- 13 Reverting admins
- 14 Block
- 15 CameronD
- 16 Unleash the Kraken Bot!
Regarding the Anonymous page
I've looked into the Anon/WBC incident before for an essay on freedom of speech as it relates to Internet culture, and while both WBC and Anon showed their typical lack of civility and good manners towards each other they didn't violate the 1st Amendment in any way. I might have made a mistake in the report, though, so if you could show me where one side or the other violated 1st Amendment rights I'd be happy to concede the point. Blessings of the Almighty on you :) 16:25, 3 October 2012 (EDT)
Seeing as you've blocked me in the past for sometimes having a less-than-cheerful attitude...
What the hell are you doing?
Why have you just unblocked this user - you better have a good reason! EJamesW 17:23, 2 November 2012 (EDT)
- No need to block non-malicious morons. Just let them know that they are being ignored.Brenden 17:39, 2 November 2012 (EDT)
- DON'T DO IT AGAIN~! Look at the history you moron! EJamesW 17:46, 2 November 2012 (EDT)
You've just made yourself look a total idiot. I can't believe I was the one who recommended for promotion. EJamesW 17:58, 2 November 2012 (EDT)
- [Comments retracted by poster]
Thank you, EJamesW </sarcasm>brenden 18:00, 2 November 2012 (EDT)
- [Comments retracted by poster]
What does </sarcasm> mean?
Does that mean you're trying to be sarcastic? But you can't think of anything witty or amusing to type?
Brenden, why don't you just say sorry and leave it at that? (Have you looked at the history of User:Reactionary22, you will see that I gave this guy a chance to respond and chandged his block settings.)
I suppose some Christians never can admit they're wrong...
EJamesW 18:17, 2 November 2012 (EDT)
- Ease up E, Brendan has done the same on more than one occasion. Normally we frown upon adjusting others' blocks but no harm, no foul.--Jpatt 19:04, 2 November 2012 (EDT)
- My apologies, I failed to take a look at the history, and the tone you took kind of distracted me from looking. Sorry about that.brenden 16:54, 3 November 2012 (EDT)
Editing is fully restored. Sorry I didn't notice this earlier.--Andy Schlafly 23:55, 11 November 2012 (EST)
- Thanks, Mr. Schlaflybrenden 00:39, 12 November 2012 (EST)
If you have a personal problem with a sysop, you take it up with Aschlafly. Karajou 11:12, 19 November 2012 (EST)
Just registered. I think an interesting experiment/test could be to add a few articles copied from wikipedia into the wiki after deleting all the spam and see if the content of those articles changes what is being written in the spam. Dvergne 23:57, 17 December 2012 (EST)
- I also think we should start and anti-spam squad here to help combat the spam by collecting the IP's and the like and adding those to such sites as Stopforumspam. I also think that copying the spam IP block list from wikipedia is a good Idea as I imagine they would have to have pretty good countermeasures against spam over there. Dvergne 00:02, 18 December 2012 (EST)
Thank you for your thoughtfulness. My only concern is accuracy and credibility. I think that sometimes, people can't see how a stranger will react to their writing because we all have internal writing voices which remember all of our intentions rather than what is on the page. Wschact 01:34, 6 January 2013 (EST)
- Thank you for your tireless work against vandals. Your efforts are appreciated. :-) Regards, Taj 17:27, 13 January 2013 (EST)
It seems the spambots are active again. I might start to port over the new spambot IP blocks from Wikipedia again, as that seamed to be quite efficient at stopping them for a while last time. Dvergne 06:29, 3 February 2013 (EST)
- I think I might upgrade that to very active! Have you been getting much spam at your honeypot mate? Dvergne 19:27, 3 February 2013 (EST)
- It's been ok-ish. I blocked most of the ranges that were targeting my honeypot. brenden 19:50, 3 February 2013 (EST)
I removed your latest round of "personal attacks removed" censorship
I think it is poor form to edit talk page comments left by others. If an editor wishes to run afoul of the rules by speaking their mind, it should be their freedom to do so. If that editor happens to be immune to the rules (as with the user in this case), then I think their unfettered comments should stand as testimony to their true nature. Thanks --DonnyC 21:16, 7 February 2013 (EST)
- Well, the last time that specific user left his comments, a lot of people were offended. While I agree, that generally, it is inappropriate to censor users, in certain cases, especially when personal attacks are involved, it should be fine. Furthermore, the use of such tags, causes the poster understand that such attacks are not welcome on Conservapedia.
Thanks for your input anyways, though. brenden 22:04, 7 February 2013 (EST)
Editing should work now
Try now - your account has been promoted.--Andy Schlafly 00:25, 19 February 2013 (EST)
- Thanks! brenden 14:59, 19 February 2013 (EST)
Maybe you're right
I still retain my suspicion, but if that contributor wants to reregister we should let him. I probably should have enabled account recreation after the block. - Markman 14:34, 1 March 2013 (EST)
Thanks Brenden. I needed that! AlanE 21:20, 6 March 2013 (EST)
- NP brenden 21:30, 6 March 2013 (EST)
Hi Brenden. You do not have the authority to undo admin's blocks. If you have an issue, you raise it. DouglasA 15:30, 7 March 2013 (EST)
- KK got it. brenden 13:47, 12 March 2013 (EDT)
Thanks. JohanZ 11:56, 9 April 2013 (EDT)
- No problembrenden 13:25, 9 April 2013 (EDT)
Sorry I had been playing around with my signature I have now corrected it. CameronD 13:45, 12 April 2013 (EDT)
If you really do have the ability to implement some technical means to protect this wiki from a certain user's flagrant deletion sprees, I implore you to do so. Asking him to stop won't do a thing. He literally is incapable of changing his ways. --DonnyC 22:57, 23 April 2013 (EDT)
- Well I do hope that asking him to change will help him overcome his irritating habit of deleting pages, I am prepared to create a bot. Unfortunately, I have no experience with the MW api, sooo, I see a lot of googling, and asking for technical help in my foreseeable future. brenden 13:42, 24 April 2013 (EDT)