Difference between revisions of "Wikiproject:News"
m (→Members: rmv blocked users)
(→Top three contributors (Wanted Pages): update)
|Line 60:||Line 60:|
! Top 3 <br> Contributors
! Top 3 <br> Contributors
! Number of pages <br> ''as of
! Number of pages <br> ''as of //09''
Revision as of 09:19, 23 February 2009
Hello, and welcome to Wikiproject:News. We are a project trying to improve both the "In the News" section and the "Previous Breaking News" articles by subject. The immediate purpose of the "Previous Breaking News" is to allow editors to review news articles they might have missed while away from the site. The ultimate purpose of the "Previous Breaking News" is to update the corresponding Conservapedia articles.
Project leaders are responsible for supervising the project. Some of their responsibilities include:
- Posting news suggestions and wanted page links to the news page.
- Archiving completed wanted pages.
- Recruiting new members to the project.
- Encouraging current members to contribute and follow the project guidelines.
- Suggest improvements to the project.
- DeanS began this project on August 8, 2008.
- Jpatt 03:13, 12 August 2008 (EDT) (promoted to admin on 1/1/09).
Admins have the rights to add news suggestions and wikify wanted pages to the Main page.
- RJJensen 17:06, 28 December 2008 (EST) (promoted 1/1/09)
To sign up simply put *~~~~.
If you are a liberal... we are not going to put liberal items on the Main Page, so your suggestions will be ignored and you will be removed from this project. You can contribute by creating wanted articles that link to the Main page.
- TagoPagdaluhong 22:58, 10 August 2008 (EDT)
- Benp 15:12, 12 August 2008 (EDT)
- Chippeterson 20 August 2008
- AdmiralNelson 11:10, 25 August 2008 (EDT)
- -- 09:36, 11 September 2008 (EDT)
- Etc 16:04, 16 September 2008 (EDT)
- Jinxmchue 19:12, 19 September 2008 (EDT)
- Hsmom 20:34, 21 September 2008 (EDT)
- Mikek 08:23, 19 November 2008 (EST).
- Brad Johnson BradJohnson 15:34, 25 November 2008 (EST)
- Conservapedia1 00:19, 4 December 2008 (EST)
- Ṣ₮ёVeN 09:27, 8 December 2008 (EST)
- ----PhilipV I Support our Troops! 22:47, 13 December 2008 (EST)
- MikeSalter 10:30, 15 January 2009 (EST)
- Zerlock 21:35, 28 January 2009 (EST)
- Economist 18:18, 6 February 2009 (EST)
Editing the "In the News" section
If you're an administrator, you can edit the news section. Here's how to do it:
- On the Main Page, there is an edit link to the right of "In the News".
- Click the edit link, and you will be editing "Template:Mainpageright (section)".
- Enter a post below where it says "PAGE CONTENT BEGINS BELOW THIS LINE".
- You can put a return and ---- to separate the posts.
- Add the news posting.
- Put something in the edit summary and click the preview button to see how it looks.
- Click "Save page" and view your addition on the Main Page.
Today in History
If you have a suggestion for "Today in History", post it here. Your article will be posted on the Main Page on the corresponding day.
This is a very important part of this project. Some of the news articles posted on the Main page need new articles created on Conservapedia. If you create a wanted page for a news article, it will be wikilinked on the Main Page.
Top three contributors (Wanted Pages)
| Top 3
| Number of pages |
as of 2/23/09
Previous Breaking News
This subsection is for updates to the Previous Breaking News by Subjects. The ultimate purpose is to use the previous news articles to update the corresponding Conservapedia articles.