Atheism, marriage and suicide
The atheist population has a higher suicide rate than theists (see: Atheism and suicide).
Christian apologist Michael Caputo wrote: "Recently the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life has published its mammoth study on Religion in America based on 35,000 interviews... According to the Pew Forum a whopping 37% of atheists never marry as opposed to 19% of the American population, 17% of Protestants and 17% of Catholics. See: Atheism and marriage
According to the 2001 American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) over 50% of all atheists and agnostics don’t get married. The fertility rate is significantly lower in the atheist population (see: Atheism and fertility rates).
According the website Marriage and Family Encyclopedia: "Marital status has a strong association with rates of completed suicide. Suicide rates are higher in the divorced and widowed than in single people, who in turn have higher suicide rates than married people. This protective effect of marriage on suicide is stronger for men than for women, although it is found for both men and women (Gove 1972)."
- Resources for leaving atheism and becoming a Christian
- Evidence for Christianity
- Atheism and Mental and Physical Health
- Psychology, obesity, religiosity and atheism
- Atheism and marriage
- A suicidal atheist converts to Christ
- Atheism: Unyielding Despair - video
- Atheists emailing me saying they've left atheism for Jesus Christ - YouTube video
- Ex-atheist conquers Atheist Experience show by exposing the madness of atheism