|U.S. Representative from Virginia's 2nd Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Service Years|| 1997 – 2007|
U.S. House of Representatives
Despite consistent claims repeated by the establishment media that Luria is somehow a pragmatic “moderate”, it's important to note that she has voted in favor of the radical Equality Act, joined House Democrat colleagues in wasting time condemning Donald Trump's tweets, co-sponsored legislation to remove the ratification deadline for the ERA, and supported and voted in favor of the impeachment coup against President Trump. In addition, Luria has garnered a 100% rating from Planned Parenthood, a 100% rating from the NEA, and a 97% rating from the League of Conservation Voters.
Despite being a self-described “security Democrat” and having asserted a tough stance on China amidst the CCP pandemic, Luria has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in a China-based company.
In 2018 during the Democrat primary that election cycle, Luria voiced opposition towards school choice:
|“||I stand strongly against voucher systems. I stand strongly against any type of charter schools that would remove funding from our public education, because the public education that we provide across America is the foundation of our future generation.||”|
However, Luria sends her own daughter to a private school.
- Elissa Slotkin, Democrat representative from Michigan's 8th district
- Max Rose, Democrat representative from New York's 11th district
- Chrissy Houlahan, representative from Pennsylvania's 6th district
- Religious affiliation of members of 116th Congress
- Virginia Election Results: Second House District
- The Moderate House Women Who Want Voters to Know They Exist Too
- A resolution over Iran splits a tight group of moderate Jewish lawmakers
- Sanders’ appeal tested in moderate Virginia on Super Tuesday
- HR 5 - Equality Act - National Key Vote
- H Res 489 - Condemning President Trump's Racist Comments Directed at Members of Congress - National Key Vote
- H J Res 79 - Removing the deadline for the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment - National Key Vote
- Congresswoman Elaine Luria Calls for Impeachment
- H Res 755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors - National Key Vote
- Elaine Luria's Ratings and Endorsements
- House Democrat in tough reelection race talks tough on China but has invested in one of its largest companies
- Nester, Alex (December 15, 2021). Elaine Luria Rails Against School Choice. She Once Was President of a Private School. The Washington Free Beacon. Retrieved December 18, 2021.