|56th Governor of Missouri|
From: January 9, 2017 – June 1, 2018
|Service Years|| 2001–2017|
|Rank|| Lieutenant Commander|
|Commands|| Joint Special Operations Task Unit|
Mark V Special Operations Craft Detachment
|Awards|| Bronze Star|
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Navy Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Combat Action Ribbon
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Eric Robert Greitens (born April 10, 1974) served as the 56th governor of Missouri. He served as a Navy SEAL. Although formerly a Democrat, Greitens changed party affiliation to the Republican Party and adopted conservative policies.
Greitens has been married to his wife, Sheena, since 2011. He admitted to the public in 2018 that he had committed adultery on her three years earlier after allegations of adultery and blackmail arose against him. On May 29, 2018, Greitens announced he would resign as governor due to the scandal.
- Ballentine, Summer; Lieb David A. (January 9, 2017). Eric Greitens, a former Navy SEAL, takes over as Missouri governor. Navy Times (from the Associated Press). Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- McMorris, Bill (February 7, 2017). Navy SEAL Governor Beats Back Unions. The Washington Free Beacon. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- Mannies, Jo (September 26, 2015). Greitens casts himself as a renegade as he joins GOP crowd running for governor. St. Louis Public Radio. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- Shaw, Adam (February 6, 2017). ‘Right-to-work’ movement claims victory in Missouri, eyes NH next. Fox News. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- Hancock, Jason (February 6, 2017). Gov. Eric Greitens signs Missouri right-to-work bill, but unions file referendum to overturn it. The Kansas City Star. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- Rodriquez, Katherine (January 11, 2018). Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens Admits He Cheated on Wife in 2015, Denies Accusations of Blackmail. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
- Mason, Ian (May 29, 2018). Missouri Governor Eric Greitens Resigns. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- Zwirz, Elizabeth (May 29, 2018). Missouri Gov. Greitens resigning amid sexual misconduct scandal. Fox News. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- Profile at the National Governors Association
- Profile at Ballotpedia
- Cooperman, Jeannette (April 14, 2016). A Closer Look at Eric Greitens, Missouri's Governor-Elect. stlmag.com. Retrieved February 9, 2017.