Essay:The case for replacing John Boehner as Speaker of the House
The case for replacing John Boehner as Speaker of the House
John Boehner is a career politician, having been in Washington D.C. for decades. His role as Speaker of the House has been a complete failure. He is outwitted, outgunned and outmatched against Democrats and Obama. As such, his leadership has seriously compromised being an effective opposition party. His style and tactics put him 20 chess moves behind on all issues of importance, routinely caving in to demands of the Obama administration. Boehner has put the needs of special interests before the needs of We The People.
List of failures
- Failure to review bills online 72 hours before voting, despite a pledge.
- Despite pledging to “permanently prohibit taxpayer funding of abortion", federal funds were still issued to Planned Parenthood.
- Removed conservatives from key subcommittees.
- Publicly belittled and mocked conservatives as they sought answers for how Muslim Brotherhood members cleared security access in the Obama administration.
- Invited a Muslim Imam to give an Islamic prayer on the House floor. Boehner bowed his head out of respect.
- Prevented funds for the re-election campaign of conservatives.
- Helped organize $2.3 million in funds for the election of gay GOP members.
- Boehner supported the Mainstream Republican Partnership PAC efforts to prevent conservatives from getting elected.
- Caved to every continuing budget resolution without concessions from the White House.
- Caved to every debt ceiling increase without concessions from the White House.
- Boehner was instrumental in allowing the funding of Obamacare to move forward even though there was a real chance to stop or delay it. He prefers 50 symbolic repeal votes instead.
- Boehner made a national TV appearance to blame Ted Cruz for 17% of the government being shutdown.
- Zero Democrats have gone to jail despite lawbreaking occurring at the IRS, the EPA, VA Healthcare, the tapping of journalist phones, the Fast and Furious scandal, the Benghazi scandal.
- The Constitutional authority to impeach was taken off the table by Boehner despite lawless actions in the executive office. Boehner chose the gimmick of suing the president.
- Despite overwhelming rejection by the American people, Boehner continues to push for illegal immigrant amnesty on behalf of lobbyists such as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Failed to reform any part of the tax code.
- Failed to rein in government waste and duplication, estimated at $125 billion per year.
- Failed to stop government red tape. Reports showed $23.4 billion in new regulations were added in 2012.
- After regaining the House, federal debt has increased from $14 trillion to over $18 trillion.
Boehner is a big government liberal Republican. The American people deserve much better.