Essay: A tale of two countries - irreligious China and religious Nigeria
Forbes article: China’s Population To Drop By Half, Immigration Helps U.S. Labor Force, September 3, 2020
- 2017 population of atheist controlled, mainland China: 1,413 million people. See also: Atheism and China
- 2100 projected population of China: 732 million people. See also: Skepticism about China remaining a global power
- 2017 population of religious Nigeria: 206 million
- 2100 projected population of Nigeria: 791 million
From the 1990s to the 2000s, there was significant growth in Protestant churches in Nigeria.
Professor Eric Kaufmann's book Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth?: Demography and Politics in the Twenty-First Century remains an outstanding work of scholarship. Eric Kaufmann is an agnostic.
- Acceleration of 21st century desecularization
- Growth of evangelical Christianity
- Growth of evangelical Christianity in irreligious regions
- The Stork Theory By Allan C. Carlson, February 28, 2018