Essay: Ace McWicked's 11 year campaign failed
On March 31, 2008, you begin editing an atheist/agnostic wiki and your first post was about Conservapedia which is a wiki with a lot of content about atheism. And you are still railing at Conservapedia! After 11+ years, what have you accomplished?
1. Conservapedia's atheism content continues to rack up hundreds of thousands of page views. And it's flagship atheism article has easily surpassed 1,000,000 page views and may well have received millions of page views. And an agnostic member of your wiki admitted that sometimes I make good points (See: Essay: British agnostic acknowledges the reasonableness of a User: Conservative editor).
The PNN News and Ministry Network produced a video entitled Viral article deals major blow to atheism. The Freedom From Atheism Foundation has featured several Conservapedia atheism articles on their Facebook page. Vox Day, author of the the book The Irrational Atheist, features a link to the Conservapedia atheism article on his main blog in its blog roll.
Face facts and admit your railings against Conservapedia's atheism content have been totally ineffective.
2. University of Minnesota survey data collected in 2014 shows that, compared to data collected in 2003, Americans have sharpened their negative views of atheists (see: Views on atheists). Conservapedia gets a significant amount of its traffic from Americans. According to Alexa, 59.8% of Conservapedia's web traffic comes from the United States.
"I've slowly started to understand why American atheists look so frustrated and angry all the time from a European point of view...". - YouTuber Elod Marton commenting on Conservapedia in December of 2018
3. In terms of the world as a whole, concerning distrust of atheists sociological research indicates that atheists are widely distrusted in both religious cultures and nonreligious cultures. According to a study published in the International Journal for The Psychology of Religion: "anti-atheist prejudice is not confined either to dominantly religious countries or to religious individuals, but rather appears to be a robust judgment about atheists." The study found that many atheists do not trust other atheists as well.
Before the atheist movement died/declined, atheists attempted to change the public's perception concerning atheism, but they have been largely unsuccessful (see: Attempts to positively rebrand atheism).
5. In terms of global market share, atheists are declining as a percentage of the world's population and the atheist population may be losing adherents in terms of total numbers of atheists now too (see: Global atheism statistics and Desecularization).
6. On February 8, 2019, you wrote concerning the User: Conservative account: "Accuse your opponents of every moral failing from being obese, being a necrophiliac or a bestiality fiend and lose all respect by being unwilling or too incompetent to actually build and argue an actual position."
Consider: 1) You have yet to point out a single factual error in any of my well sourced atheism articles - some of which pointed out the moral failings of atheists, atheist populations and the atheist population as a whole. 2) The Cambridge Dictionary consider an opponent "a person you are competing against". The atheist movement has been collapsing since the 2011 Elevatorgate controversy and now it is effectively dead. The world's atheist population has been declining in terms of it global market share since 1970 (see: Global atheism). Atheists could hardly be called competitors to Christians given how far back they are in rear view mirror, the bleak future of atheist activism and Christianity's very bright future (see: Future of Christianity). 3) The User: Conservative account has provided a wealth of information related to the Atheism vs. Christianity issue.
"Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory." - Sun Tzu
After 11+ years of total failure, you claim without evidence that a Question Evolution! booklet for middle school students was not published (or will not soon not be published). Sad!
By the way, before the Question Evolution! Campaign (QE! campaign), the web traffic tracking company Alexa indicated that the creationist website ICR.org was a more popular website than than the creationist website Creation.com. Post QE! campaign, the reverse was true. The creationist Duane Gish wrote: “As one who has debated over 300 evolutionists, I am delighted to see this Question Evolution campaign under way."
Shockofgod's question (What proof and evidence do you have that atheism is accurate and correct?) and the QE! campaign's 15 questions for evolutionists were both successes and their fans promoting them helped them be successful. And the icing on the cake is that global creationism and European creationism are seeing rapid growth (see: Global creationism).
And remember, you still have not satisfactorily answered the 15 questions for evolutionists.
- Essay: An Open Letter to a New Zealand atheist
- Essay: A Second Open Letter to a New Zealand atheist
- Essay: A Third Open Letter to a New Zealand atheist
- Essay: A fourth open letter to a New Zealand atheist
- Essay: A fifth open letter to a New Zealand atheist
- Essay: A sixth open letter to a New Zealand atheist
- Essay: The future of religion/irreligion in New Zealand
- Essay: Ace McWicked - Portrait of an atheist gamma male
- Essay: Ace McWicked - re: Walls, demonstrating and victory
- Essay: Ace McWicked, read this essay and start uncontrollably weeping
- Essay: Ace McWicked: Vanity of vanities
- SS New Zealand Atheism
- Essay: Conservapedia triumphs over atheist/agnostic wiki
- Winnaman - Lester Lewis & Singing Rose Ministry
- Study: Atheists distrusted as much as rapists
- Atheists Widely Distrusted, Even Among Themselves, UK Study Finds, Christian Post, 2015
- Anti-atheist distrust ‘deeply and culturally ingrained’, study finds, The Independent, 2015
- Edgell, Gerteis & Hartmann 2006
- The “Atheism Movement:” Dead or Alive?, Freethought Blogs
- Atheist activist Seth Andrews keeps seeing reports on social media and the media that the atheist movement is dying, Examining Atheism
- Atheist Aron Ra indicates the atheist movement is dead. Now that that Aron Ra has surrendered...., Examining Atheism
- The Day the Atheist Movement Died by Jack Vance at Atheist Revolution
- Jennifer McCreight on Twitter about the Elevatorgate scandal destroying the atheist movement, Jen McCreight, Twitter
- Opponent - Cambridge dictionary
- Question Evolution Campaign - Web page of Creation.com