Irreligion, psychopathy, crime, violence and antisocial behavior
A psychopath is someone with an anti-social personality disorder characterized by violent, perverted or immoral behavior often leading to criminality. Psychopaths have little or no concern for other people. Some psychopaths equate love with sexual arousal.
There have been a couple of studies associating irreligion with psychopathy (see: Atheism and psychopathy).
For information related to irreligion and crime/violence/antisocial behavior, please see the resources below:
- List of atheist shooters and serial killers
- Atheism and serial killers
- Atheism and sadism
- Atheism and its anti-civilizational effects
- (2005) Handbook of Psychopathy. Guilford Press, 440–3.
- Coid, Jeremy; Yang, Min; Ullrich, Simone; Roberts, Amanda; Moran, Paul; Bebbington, Paul; Brugha, Traolach; Jenkins, Rachel et al. (May 2009). "Psychopathy among prisoners in England and Wales". International Journal of Law and Psychiatry (Elsevier Ltd) 32 (3): 134–41. doi:10.1016/j.ijlp.2009.02.008. PMID 19345418. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/24256789_Psychopathy_among_prisoners_in_England_and_Wales. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- Robert D. Hare (2011). Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us. Guilford Press, 52. ISBN 978-16062-35782.