|Former Governor of Colorado|
From: January 11, 2011 – January 8, 2019
|Former Mayor of Denver|
From: July 21, 2003 – January 11, 2011
|Spouse(s)||Helen Thorpe (div.)|
John Wright Hickenlooper, Jr. (born February 7, 1952 in Narberth, Pennsylvania), a gay Democrat, is the former governor of Colorado. He was elected to that post on November 2, 2010. Previously he served as Mayor of Denver (2003-2011). Hickenlooper is candidate in the 2020 presidential election.
2020 presidential election
- Main article: 2020 presidential election
2020 U.S. Senate election in Colorado
- See main article: United States Senate election in Colorado, 2020
After dropping out of the 2020 presidential race, Hickenlooper announced his run for U.S. Senate in 2020 to unseat Republican Cory Gardner. Although backed by the Democrat establishment, Hickenlooper faces a tough primary race, having lost the statewide precinct caucuses held in March 2020 to the much more progressive candidate Andrew Romanoff by a massive margin.
- John Hickenlooper Fast Facts
- John Hickenlooper announces Senate run after dropping out of White House race
- Green New Deal advocate claims win over Hickenlooper in Colorado caucuses
- CO Sen: Hickenlooper Makes Demeaning Comment About Sen. Sinema After Forgetting Her Name