|Born|| July 23, 1969|
|Alma mater||Morehouse College|
|Religion||Christian (in name only)|
Raphael Gamaliel Warnock (born July 23, 1969 (age 52)) is a pastor currently the United States Senator from Georgia after winning 2020 special election against incumbent Kelly Loeffler. A liberal Democrat and promoter of Cafeteria Christianity, Warnock believes in Black liberation theology, and that the murder of unborn children is biblical and has equated the pro-abortion John Lewis, a civil rights leader-turned anti-Trump Democrat, with Jesus Christ. An anti-Semite, he believes that Israeli actions in the West Bank are comparable to apartheid. Warnock also has defended Marxism and anti-Christian bigotry. In addition, he apparently was an assistant pastor at a church that had praised Cuban communist dictator Fidel Castro. He has fought against gun rights, and said in 2016 that Donald Trump was a "fascist, racist, sexist xenophobe." In addition, Warnock believes that America "needs to repent for its worship of whiteness." One of his mentors has once called for the destruction of "everything white". Warnock has also said that "nobody, can serve God and the military," which received calls from veterans to drop out of the special election runoff.
Warnock reportedly was arrested in 2002 for obstructing a police investigation into an alleged child abuse case. Warnock was found to be a tax cheat with no regard for the wellbeing of his workers.
Warnock was born to Pentecostal pastors Verlene and Jonathan Warnock in Savannah, Georgia in 1969 as the eleventh of twelve children. He graduated from Sol C. Johnson High School and later from Morehouse College.
2020 Senate bid
- For more information, see: 2020 United States Senate special election in Georgia
Warnock announced in late January 2020 his run for Senate; a jungle primary will be held on November 3, 2020 coinciding with all other general elections, where they irrespective of party affiliation will appear together on the ballot; such that no one gets a majority of the vote, the top two will compete in a runoff held in January 2020. Other candidates include interim Republican incumbent Kelly Loeffler, anti-establishment representative Doug Collins, as well as Democrats Matt Lieberman (son of Joe Lieberman) and Ed Tarver. Warnock has received the endorsement of the DSCC as well as Barack Hussein Obama.
Warnock is backed by many WNBA players after the latter sparred with Sen. Loeffler, who co-owns the league.
While polling for the election has early on shown near-statistical ties between Warnock, Loeffler, Collins, and Lieberman, the former now tends to hold a strong lead due to evaporating support for Lieberman and strong backing from national Democrats; in addition, while Loeffler has previously trailed Collins due to an insider trading scandal, she later began to improve in the polling, with the two currently splitting the Republican vote almost evenly while Warnock has solidified support from his party.
A debate between the candidates was held on October 19, 2020.
Jungle primary results
As largely expected, Warnock finished first place in the jungle primary but failed to gain a majority of the vote, so a runoff will be held in January 2021 between him and Republican incumbent Kelly Loeffler, who finished in second place.
|“||It’s not enough to decriminalize marijuana; somebody’s got to open up the jails and let our children go!||”|
|“||America has a preexisting condition. It’s called racism. It’s called classism. It’s called bigotry. It’s called xenophobia. And we need God to heal us of our preexisting condition.||”|
- Pastor Raphael Warnock Claims Killing Babies in Abortions is “Consistent” With Biblical Values
- Atlanta Reverend Inserts John Lewis in Isaiah 53: ‘By His Stripes, We Are Healed’
- Georgia Dem Senate Candidate Tied to Anti-Israel Letter Comparing West Bank to Apartheid
- Democrat Raphael Warnock Repeatedly Praised Jeremiah Wright, Marxism
- Democrat Raphael Warnock Assistant Pastor at Church that Praised Fidel Castro
- Democrat Raphael Warnock Opposed Allowing Georgians to Be Armed for Church Defense
- Democrat Raphael Warnock in 2016 Condemned White Christians, Called Trump a ‘Fascist, Racist, Sexist Xenophobe’
- Multiple references:
- Warnock: Americans Must ‘Repent’ for Backing Trump and ‘Worship of Whiteness’
- Senate hopeful Raphael Warnock: US must ‘repent for its worship of whiteness’
- WATCH: Warnock Says 'America Needs to Repent for Its Worship of Whiteness'
- Meet Georgia Democrat Rev. Raphael Warnock: ‘America Needs to Repent for Its Worship of Whiteness’
- Mentor of GA Dem Who Could Flip Senate: 'Everything White' Has To Be Destroyed
- Two references:
- 50 Georgia Veterans Slam Democrat Raphael Warnock’s ‘Despicable’ Anti-Military Rhetoric
- Democrat Raphael Warnock Arrested in 2002 for Obstructing Child Abuse Investigation
- Georgia Dem Senate Candidate Called Death Penalty ‘Final Failsafe of White Supremacy’
- Rev. Raphael Warnock enters US Senate race in Georgia
- DSCC Endorses Reverend Raphael Warnock in Georgia Senate Race
- ‘A leader.’ Obama takes to the airwaves to boost Warnock’s Senate bid
- Georgia Dem Undermines Promise to Reject Corporate PAC Money, Taking Thousands From the Groups They Fund
- Dem Senate Candidate Praises Farrakhan Supporter Who Compared Trump Election to 9/11 and Supports Defunding Police
- Two references:
- Kelly Loeffler Blasts Democrat Raphael Warnock for ‘Provoking Violence’ Against Police
- Watch: Dem Senate Candidate in Georgia Referred to Police as 'Gangsters,' 'Thugs,' and 'Bullies'
- Watch: Georgia Dem Candidate Won't Apologize For Calling Police Officers 'Thugs,' 'Bullies,' and 'Gangsters'
- Watch Georgia Senate Debate live | Loeffler, Collins, Warnock
- Senate Special Election: Georgia
- Raphael Warnock: ‘Open Up the Jail Cells’; Called for Creation of ‘Militant Church’
- Two references: