Terrance John Cox
|U.S. Representative from California's 21st Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Terrance John “T.J.” Cox is a businessman, engineer, and the current liberal Democrat representative from California's 21st district.
U.S. House of Representatives
Cox was elected to the United States House of Representatives in the 2018 midterm elections, defeating Republican David Valadao by less than 1% of the vote. While in his election bid, a controversy emerged regarding Cox's principal residence, as records then showed it to be on the other side of the country in Maryland.
Cox supported and voted in favor of the impeachment coup against Donald Trump, arguing that the latter “abused his power” and was “obstructing the investigation by withholding witnesses and subpoenaed documents.”
Rep. Cox has been criticized and faced with an ethics complaint for using his position as U.S. representative to visit the Yosemite National Park on Independence Day as a personal trip rather than for official business purposes.
According to Vote Smart and GovTrack, Cox is mostly a liberal who supports abortion, Obamacare, and gun control.
- ↑ Religious affiliation of members of 116th Congress
- ↑ California Election Results: 21st House District
- ↑ Democrat T.J. Cox Is Running in California — But Has ‘Principal Residence’ in Maryland
- ↑ Congressman TJ Cox on Twitter:
- ↑ Rep. TJ Cox on Impeachment
- ↑ Multiple references:
- ↑ T.J. Cox's Issue Positions (Political Courage Test)
- ↑ Rep. TJ Cox, Representative for California’s 21st District - GovTrack