The following are directions to set Conservapedia as the default search engine on your web browser. Find the section on the browser you are using, and follow the steps. If you encounter any problems, feel free to ask!
The following directions work for a number of chromium browsers, including Google Chrome and SRWare Iron.
- Click the menu button in the upper right of the browser window, to the right of the address bar
- Click on settings (alternatively, navigate to chrome://settings)
- Partway down the settings page, find the "search" section
- Click the "Manage Search Engines..." button
- Under "Other search engines" Type
Conservapedia(or another name, if you prefer) into the first blank, usually labeled "Add a new search engine"
- In the second blank, labeled "Keyword", enter any keyword wanted, or it may be simply left blank
- In the third blank, labeled "URL" enter
- Press Enter
- If this is to become your default search provider, click that button as well
- When finished, click the "Done" button
Mozilla Firefox uses browser plugins for search engines. There is currently no plugin published for Conservapedia, so you cannot fully add Conservapedia's search to it at this time. However, there are a couple options.
New versions of Firefox allow users to add any search they are currently browsing. To do this, go to any ordinary Conservapedia page, and on the magnifying glass icon in your browser's search bar. In the menu which pops down, click
Add "Conservapedia (en)". Now type your search term into the browser's search box at any time, and click again on the magnifying glass, and select the tile labeled "Conservapedia (en)". Firefox should open the Conservapedia search, or take you directly to the requested page, if a page with that exact name exists.
Anther option, especially for older version of Firefox, is to do this manually using an addon such as "Custom Search Engine" by Ravi.
- Click the "O" icon in the upper right of your browser, and open "settings"
- Under the "settings" panel on the left, click "Browser"
- In the main panel (center and right), find the section labeled "search"
- Inside of this section, click on the "Manage search engines..." button, which will open a popup
- In the popup, go down to "Other search engines" and click "Add new search"
- In the "Name" blank, enter
- In the "keyword" field, enter your preference of either
cp. This will be used each time you search Conservapedia, so remember your choice.
- For "address," enter
- Now click "Save" then "Done", then close out of the "settings" tab.
- To search, type into the top bar your selected keyword, followed by the search term and press enter. For example, if your search keyword is "cp" and you want to look up "web browser", then you would type:
cp web browserand press enter.
- Click the "V" icon in the upper left corner of your browser, and open "Settings" under the "Tools" section. (alternatively, hold "Alt" and press "P")
- On the left, find the "Search" tab, and click it
- Click the "Add New Search Engine" button
- For the URL, enter
- The "Suggest URL" blank can be left empty
- In the description black, enter
- In the nickname blank, enter
cunless something else is preferred
Note that Vivaldi allows the user to have a list of search engines, so CP can be added either as the default engine, or as a secondary one, which can be selected from a drop-down
- In the top right of the browser, click the down arrow on the far right of the top bar, beside the search box
- Under "Add-ons", click "Manage Add-ons"
- In the "Settings" bar which appears on the left, right-click on Search Engine
- In the context menu which appears, click "Add new search engine..."
- In the "Title" box, enter
Conservapediaor whatever other title wanted
- In the URL blank, enter
- Ratings, comments, icons, and other options can also be configured, if desired
- When finished, click the "Ok" button
- In the search box, click on the magnifying glass icon
- At the bottom of the menu, click "Manage Search Engines"
- On the right side of the next window, click the "Add" button
- In the "Name" blank, enter
- A description may be added if desired, but is not required
- In the "Address" blank, enter
- A token is not needed, so click the "Save" button
- If Conservapedia is to be used as the default search provider, select it from the list and click the "Use as default" button
- Click the "Close" button to finish
Internet Explorer uses browser plugins for search engines. There is currently no plugin published for Conservapedia, so you cannot add Conservapedia's search to it at this time.
Safari does not permit the addition of search engines to the provided set, so you cannot set it up to search this site by default.