Firearms Supporting the .22 Magnum
The round is available to shoot with:
- Commonly available with a bullet weight of 40 grains (2.6 g).
- The round offers a rifle barrel velocity of around 2,000 feet per second (610 m/s).
- The larger 50 grains (3.2 g) bullet size offers a rifle barrel velocity of around 1,750 feet per second (530 m/s).
- The smaller 30 grains (1.9 g) bullet size offers a rifle barrel velocity of around 2,250 feet per second (690 m/s).
- 1 MOA accuracy is possible.
- Cartridges of the World 11th Edition, Book by Frank C. Barnes, Edited by Stan Skinner, Gun Digest Books, 2006, ISBN 978-0-89689-297-2 p. 479
- Barnes, Frank C., ed. by John T. Amber. ".22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire", in Cartridges of the World, pp. 275. Northfield, IL: DBI Books, 1972. ISBN 978-0-695-80326-1.