118th United States Congress
The 118th Congress of the United States opened on January 3, 2023.
When asked, “How much do you trust that America’s elections are fair and accurate?” only 43.2% of respondents said they “strongly trust” the election system…A majority, 56.8%, expressed concerns about the system, with 17% saying they “somewhat trust” it, 17.9% saying they “somewhat distrust” it, and 21.9% saying they “strongly distrust it”” “The rise of woke politics has undermined public confidence in the brass...The Reagan Institute releases an annual survey of public attitudes on national defense, and this year only 48% reported having “a great deal of confidence” in the U.S. military...That’s down from 70% in 2018” and “A study titled "Trend in Loaded Handgun Carrying Among Adult Handgun Owners in the United States, 2015‒2019" found the number of law-abiding US adults carrying handguns nearly doubled from 9 million in 2015 to 16 million in 2019”
Rep. Kevin McCarthy of California won the Speakership on the 15th round of voting on January 7, 2023.
Corrupt racist anti-Semitic extremist and election denier Hakeem Jeffries was elected Democrat minority leader in the 118th Congress. According to The Washington Post, Jeffries is a threat to democracy. Reps. Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell were booted off the House Intelligence Committee for lying and breaches of national security; Rep. Ilhan Omar was booted off the Foreign Affairs Committee for her anti-Semitic views.
Weaponization of Government
- See also: Biden's classified documents scandal
Jim Jordan (OH) was appointed chair of the House Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, along with Republicans Darrell Issa (CA), Thomas Massie (KY), Chris Stewart (UT), Elise Stefanik (NY), Mike Johnson (LA), Chip Roy (TX), Kelly Armstrong (ND), Greg Steube (FL), Dan Bishop (NC), Kat Cammack (FL) and Harriet Hageman (WY).
On February 9, 2023 former Democrat presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard testified about FBI and Big Tech harassment she received during her campaign.
War on Parents
- See also: War on parents
CCP Select Committee
Ukraine aid/FTX scandal
- See also: FTX scandal
Rep. Ralph Norman of South Carolina told Breitbart News in February 2023 that Speaker McCarthy set the “gears in place” for conservatives on the House Rules Committee to strip Ukraine aid from the debt limit and continuing resolutions.
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/GVzUmjX#1eltgwu
- ↑ https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/11/30/democrats-more-likely-trust-delayed-election-results-most-americans-dont-poll-finds
- ↑ https://www.wsj.com/articles/americans-are-losing-trust-in-the-military-reagan-institute-survey-11669848047
- ↑ https://www.zerohedge.com/political/number-handgun-owners-carrying-daily-nearly-doubles-us
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-lawmaker-defends-house-freshmen-accused-of-anti-semitism-as-thoughtful-colleagues
- ↑ https://justthenews.com/government/congress/democrat-poised-succeed-pelosi-repeatedly-has-denied-legitimacy-trumps-2016
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/01/election-denier-threats-explainer/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/1GYW10F2MSc
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/19/ralph-norman-kevin-mccarthy-gears-strip-ukraine-aid-must-pass-spending-bills/