Difference between revisions of "Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
Latest revision as of 22:15, 9 October 2018
Tom Perez, who rigged the Superdelegate nomination of Hillary Clinton and his own election as DNC chair to slap down the uppity African American frontrunner Keith Ellison, has anointed Ocasio-Cortez as "the future of the Democratic Party." Critics describe her advocacy of Democratic Socialism as a the views of a simpleton and naive.
Although Ocasio-Cortez pretends to speak for and come from poverty, she grew up in the white privileged suburb of Westchester County with a median household income of $83,000 - one of the highest in the country. Westchester County is the home of the Clinton and Rockefeller estates.
Ocasio-Cortez is the quintessential wide-eyed liberal. Early on, her website was a redirect page for the group Brand New Congress, archives in the Wayback Machine show. Ocasio-Cortez is largely viewed as a Bernie Sanders retread. She has appeared on a podcast with a left-wing activist who stated that Jews "should get the f*** out of Palestine."
Ocasio-Cortez defeated incumbent Democrat representative Joe Crowley in the 2018 nominating primary for New York's 14th congressional district. Crowley had been the leading contender to succeed Nancy Pelosi as House Democratic Party leader.
Ocasio-Cortez' advocacy of Medicare for all, free college tuition and housing would cost $42 Trillion, two-and-one-half times the nation's total economic output or GDP, experts say. The United States has the world's largest economy, with 6% of the planet's population producing 25% of the planet's wealth. In an interview with Chris Cuomo of CNN, Ocasio-Cortez gave no solid proposals how to increase total U.S. GDP by 250%, and consumption of the world's resources, to meet her expectations. Although Ocasio-Cortez did question the baseline costs of U.S. healthcare, alleging the figures do not include the funeral costs of the uninsured.
Former President Obama endorsed Ocasio-Cortez while former Democratic party Vice Presidential candidate Joe Lieberman said if Ocasio-Cortez and Democratic socialism is the future of the Democratic party, the party doesn't have much of a future.
- Ellison was the top fundraiser and had the support of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (New York), Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Reps. John Lewis (Georgia) and Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii), and Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton. The AFL-CIO, AFSCME, Communications Workers of America, and UNITE HERE also backed Ellison before the Democratic party etablishment assigned Ellison a seat at the back of the bus. https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/265725/perez-gains-ellison-dnc-race-matthew-vadum
- Brand New Congress home page via ocasio2018 .com
- Mikelionis, Lukas (September 22, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez appeared on podcast hosted by activist who said 'Jews should get the f--- out of Palestine'. Fox News. Retrieved September 22, 2018.
- Shaw, Adam (August 14, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez claims have fact-checkers working overtime. Fox News. Retrieved August 14, 2018.
- Caralle, Katelyn (August 10, 2018). Socialist upstart Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gets fact-checked by the Washington Post. Washington Examiner. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- Athey, Amber (August 10, 2018). Washington Post Conducts Massive Fact Check on Ocasio-Cortez. The Daily Caller. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- Starr, Penny (August 17, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez Blocks Press Access to Campaign Event. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- Pappas, Alex (August 17, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez bans press from covering campaign event. Fox News. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- Cawthorne, Cameron (August 24, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez Campaign Spends Nearly $4,000 on Uber After Blaming Company’s Success for Taxi Driver Suicides. The Washington Free Beacon. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (August 25, 2018). Hypocrisy + Economic Illiteracy = Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The New American. Retrieved August 25, 2018.