American History Homework Three Answers - Student 30
American History Homework 3
1. There was only Congress to rule all of the states and there were not courts.
2. Article I- the legislative branch makes the laws. Article II the executive branch carries out the laws. Article III the Judicial Branch interprets the laws
3. The thing I like most about George Washington is that he led his country all the way through the war even when he didn’t think he was going to win.
4. It was the cotton gin, and it had a political impact because everyone in the south was using it to make more money and they got more slaves.
5. This cartoon depicts the ratification of the Constitution by the states as the construction of a building. The columns representing Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, and Connecticut are already in position because those states had already ratified the Constitution. The pair of hands are shown lifting the Massachusetts column into an upright position alongside the others.
6. The Northwest Ordinance of 1787 was the most important achievement of the Confederation period. The Northwest ordinance was also a huge success establishing how new states could be created in a peaceful and orderly manner.
7. I think John Adams presidency was a drag. I think the best thing that came out of it was him leaving office. All he did was start conflicts and make rules that you cant say anything against him.
H1. He told us to do our best to stay out of foreign affairs and I think we have stayed out of most foreign affairs.
H2. Yes. They did have some good points as saying it would make the Government to powerful. And that’s what we are now fighting against giving the government more power.
H3. Is Debtor’s Prison Wrong? If you had a minor dept of $100 and you were a hard worker, and saved as much as you could then you shouldn’t go. But if you were going around losing money in poker and using the rest to drink and you get in dept that way then you have enough issues to go to prison.