Atheism and incoherency
Two of the definitions that the Merriam-Webster online dictionary gives for the word incoherent is "lacking orderly continuity, arrangement, or relevance" and "lacking normal clarity or intelligibility in speech or thought". The Collins English dictionary indicates concerning the word incoherent: "If someone is incoherent, they are talking in a confused and unclear way... If you say that something such as a policy is incoherent, you are criticizing it because the different parts of it do not fit together properly."
Atheism is a worldview (see: Atheist worldview).
Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM) indicates: "Ravi Zacharias defines the four main questions of life: origin, meaning, morality and destiny and the answers to these questions can determine if a worldview is coherent.
The Atheist Revolution website indicated about the inability of atheism to answer life's most important questions:
|“||There is a certain emptiness in atheism in the sense that it provides no answers to many of life's most important questions. For example, atheism tells us nothing about how one should live one's life. On this point, I can find agreement with some of the Atheism+ supporters in that I can see why people would say, "Great, we're atheists. Now what?" I certainly understand the appeal of wanting to go "beyond atheism."||”|
Atheism and incoherency videos/articles
Below are some general resources on atheism and incoherency:
Videos on the incoherency of atheism:
Audio on the incoherency of atheism:
- Why atheism is incoherent by Dr. Scott M. Sullivan
Articles on the incoherency of atheism:
Incoherence of naturalism videos
Incoherence/inconsistencies of naturalism: 4 part series by Dr. J.P. Moreland
- Scientific Naturalism with J.P. Moreland, part 1
- Scientific Naturalism with J.P. Moreland, part 2
- Scientific Naturalism with J.P. Moreland, part 3
- Scientific Naturalism with J.P. Moreland, part 4
Atheism and origins
Atheism and meaning
Atheism and morality
Atheism and destiny
Future of the atheist movement
- ↑ Atheism by Matt Slick
- Putting the Atheist on the Defensive by Kenneth R. Samples, Christian Research Institute Journal, Fall 1991, and Winter 1992, page 7.
- Atheists don’t own reason by Tom Gilson
- Why the Burden of Proof is on the Atheist by Professor Ralph McInerny
- Theism, Atheism, and Rationality by Alvin Plantinga
- The Irrational atheist: Dissecting the Unholy Trinity of Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens by Vox Day, Benbella Books, Dallas, TX, 2008 , ISBN 1933771364; ISBN 978-1933771366
- ↑ Incoherent, Meriam Webster online dictionary
- ↑ Incoherent, Collins English dictionary
- ↑ A Coherent Worldview by Ravi Zacharias International Ministries website
- ↑ The Emptiness of Atheism, Atheist Revolution website