It involves the following objectives:
- Removing Creation Science from curricula and outlawing its teaching in schools
- Outlawing personal religion in schools under the guise of "separation of church and state"
- Indoctrinating atheistic and evolutionary ideology into students, and thus the public at large
- Undermining Christianity and other organized religion through widespread misinformation and deceit
Creation Science and Evolution
The agenda begins with education, as it is the most powerful way to impact the views of a populace. Atheists force the teaching of evolution as fact into scientific curricula, while using lawsuits to silence critics and remove and prohibit intelligent design.
By doing so, atheists can remove the necessity of God in the universe in the minds of students, providing a foothold for atheist ideology.
Outlawing Personal Religion
Atheists seek to not only make school sanctioning of religious activity illegal, but to make any profession or personal act of religion illegal in educational institutions. This has had some limited success in the United States, but is state policy in France, where wearing religious clothing or symbols is an expulsion offense. By limiting or removing religious expression in schools, atheists hope to reduce its impact in students' lives and, most importantly, limit opportunities to spread the word.
Atheists use biology and religious studies classes to:
- Instill the idea that man is just another animal
- Suggest that Christianity is "just another religion," not inspired truth
- Belittle those who hold viewpoints opposed to evolution, atheism, or liberalism in general
- Establish that there are no 'absolute' morals, and belittle those who think there are
- Hide the facts connecting atheism to crime, poor mental health, and suicide
This is perhaps the broadest aspect of the atheist agenda. It involves activity in virtually all spheres of public discourse, but especially broadcast and print media, as well as higher educational institutions.
The primary route is through the liberal mainstream media, which routinely portrays religion and the faithful in a negative light. Pro-atheist and anti-religious articles are routinely printed in newspapers and magazines, and even letters to the editor are selected in a biased fashion. Portraying adherents of religion as intolerant, racist, or otherwise foolish is a key tactic in painting it in a negative manner.
Atheists and liberals are avidly attempting to discredit the impact of Providence in human history (see Liberal Denials about History), despite it being easily proven for centuries, since Bacon and John Foxe, and its acceptance by the American founding fathers.