Atheists and pork consumption
China, atheism and pork eating
Razib Khan points out in Discover Magazine, "most secular nations in the world are those of East Asia, in particular what are often termed 'Confucian societies'. It is likely therefore that the majority of the world’s atheists are actually East Asian." See: Asian atheism
China is a nation of pork eaters
Secular Europe and pork eating
See also: Secular Europe
Europe and pork eating
Irreligion, Australia and pork eating
See also: Irreligion in Australia
Australia and pork eating
Health risks of eating pork
United Church of Bacon
Fox News reported:
|“|| For some eating bacon is a religious experience. But in Las Vegas, there’s a group dedicated to the worship of the cured pork.
Founded in 2010, the United Church of Bacon now claims nearly 10,000 members worldwide and is based on beliefs that include its followers must love the smell of bacon.
“Bacon is a way to bring people together, even if you are religious, there’s no discrimination. You can have a god before bacon,” said church founder and ex-Marine John Whiteside. “I like pigs in a blanket, that’s great, I like donuts and bacon, any type of bacon is great.”
The organization uses bacon's popularity to bring together a “church” of non-believers. But, it was really formed to promote the rights of atheists and religious skeptics. One of its founding members is Whiteside’s longtime friend, Penn Jillette --from the illusionist team Penn and Teller.
See also: Atheism and mockery
- A surprising map of where the world’s atheists live, By Max Fisher and Caitlin Dewey, Washington Post, May 23, 2013
- Most atheists are not white & other non-fairy tales, Discover magazine
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Proportion of Atheists / Agnostics (Zuckerman, 2005)
- A surprising map of where the world’s atheists live, Washington Post By Max Fisher and Caitlin Dewey May 23, 2013
- The Growth of Christianity in East Asia
- Atheists worship pork at the self-proclaimed Church of Bacon