|U.S. Senator from Vermont|
From: January 3, 2007 – Present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|U.S. Representative from Vermont's at-large District|
From: January 3, 1991 – January 3, 2007
|Party||Democrat (former Independent)|
|Spouse(s)||Jane O'Meara (2nd wife)|
Bernard "Bernie" Sanders, born September 8, 1941 (age 77), is a millionaire limousine liberal United States Senator, representing Vermont. Sanders is an outspoken advocate of Democratic Socialist dictatorship.
He runs for office on the Vermont ballot as an Independent but always caucuses with Democrats in the Senate. In 2015, he registered as a Democrat to run for the party's nomination for the presidency in the 2016 elections.
He served in the House of Representatives for eight terms after serving several terms as mayor of Burlington. Sanders has a 100% pro-abortion voting record. Sanders has a child born out of wedlock.
Sanders identifies as "Jewish", though admits he's "not particularly religious". This is consistent with many others on the secular left, and indicates that Sanders is culturally Jewish, though actually an agnostic/atheist. He has shown strong intolerance for theologically orthodox, conservative Christians and Christian beliefs.
At a press conference on April 30, 2015, Sanders announced his intention to run for the Democrat nomination in the 2016 presidential election. Sanders accused his main rival, Hillary Clinton of racism, but in the end he backed the racist Democrat nominee.
Sanders has a devout following, made up of many of the same people that voted for Barack Hussein Obama. He tickles his supporters' ears with all the usual Marxist claptrap: banks are bad, equality, the middle class, minimum wage, free healthcare, free college, a government so big it will be like living in a utopia.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Political career
- 3 Legislative record
- 4 Personal finances
- 5 2016 Campaign
- 6 Atheists' support of Bernie Sanders
- 7 Political positions
- 8 Controversial votes
- 9 Eugene Debs documentary
- 10 Accusations of draft dodging
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Bernie was born on September 8, 1941, in Brooklyn, New York. His mother was Dorothy Glassberg Sanders, his father was Elias Sanders, and his grandfather was Benjamin Glassberg. During his college years, he was involved in a pro-Vietcong propaganda distribution ring within New York known as the Alternate U.
Sanders began his electoral political career in 1971 as a member of the Liberty Union Party, which originated in the anti-war movement and the People's Party. He ran as the Liberty Union candidate for governor of Vermont in 1972 and 1976 and as a candidate for U.S. senator in 1972 and 1974. In 1980, Sanders ran for mayor of Burlington, Vermont at the suggestion of his close friend and political confidante Richard Sugarman, a professor of religion at the University of Vermont. He defeated the incumbent Democrat mayor and served for eight years, from April 6, 1981 to April 4, 1989.
In 1986, Sanders unsuccessfully challenged incumbent Governor Madeleine Kunin (D) in her reelection bid. Running as an independent, Sanders finished third with 14.4% of the vote. Kunin won with 47%, followed by Lt. Governor Peter P. Smith (R) with 38%.
Bernie Sanders has missed 4.4% of the roll call votes, higher than the average 1.7% of lifelong senators' records. As of October 2015, he has introduced 353 bills in his 16 years in Congress, though only 3 of them were into law, giving him less than a 1% success rate.
Between 1995 and 2007, Sanders passed 17 amendments by a recorded roll call vote, the highest of any member of Congress during that period.
Sanders constantly complains about the rich 1% but he doesn't live like a common man, Bernie is a millionaire with three homes. Together, Bernie and Jane's 2014 total unadjusted gross earnings was $205,617.
Sanders calls himself an outsider and anti-establishment. He has spent the last 40 years in politics, though admittedly, he has never been able to attain the level of "establishment", because he has been unable to be accepted by anyone, nor to receive much support on any of his issues. His own views are the reason why he has long been an "outsider", even though he's been admitted to serve in the government.
Sanders does take pleasure in creating the same straw men as Obama. Specifically, the GOP war on women. Calls to defund Planned Parenthood is an opportunity for Sanders to denounce the treatment of women. He would kill a child in the womb for any reason and at any term but the GOP is extremist. Sanders will say the GOP wants to deny women's health services. The facts are that 13,000 women's health centers are available that are not owned by Planned Parenthood. He supports babies chopped up and sold for parts. No concern for underage victims of rape not being reported. He is indifferent to the fraudulent billing of the US government.
Class warfare is a favorite theme for Sanders, pitting rich against the poor. His Marxist linchpin is the argument that the banks are too big. He also claims that billionaires are hurting the country, citing the Koch brothers over and over. He believes that America needs to spend another $18 Trillion dollars despite being $18 Trillion in debt. He has also made claims supporting single-payer healthcare, free college tuition, etc.
In one rant, Sanders claimed that Americans needlessly have too many choices when it comes to deodorant brands, noting that he counted 23 different types of the product for sale. Somehow he tied the story into feeding the poor. Reason.com produced a satirical video mocking its absurdity titled "The Bernie Sanders Save the Children Fund".
He has said that America is racist, and he frequently puts America down.
Sanders uses what some people call Christian socialism to further his campaign, citing Pope Francis. However, Sanders cherry picks what elements of Christianity he agrees with and ignores the rest. He told a crowd of 300 in Alabama that Jesus was a socialist.
Atheists' support of Bernie Sanders
Atheists seem to like Bernie Sanders, for some reason. The might have something to do with the connection between atheism and communism, as the atheist Karl Marx, the author of The Communist Manifesto, once stated: "Communism begins from the outset (Owen) with atheism; but atheism is at first far from being communism; indeed, that atheism is still mostly an abstraction."
The Amazing Atheist
TJ Kirk, self-called The Amazing Atheist, has pled to all Hillary supporters to stop supporting her, and to support Bernie, instead, because he believes the Socialist has integrity. Naturally, The Amazing Atheist rarely has anything positive to say of Conservative Christians, and spends his time portraying Christians as bad guys.
David Pakman Show
David Pakman, of the David Pakman Show (and who speaks like he always needs to blow his nose), hints at Bernie support while portraying Hillary negatively, where he shows his bias, and calls the Best of Conservative politicians "the Best (Worst?)", indicating his negative bias toward Conservatives. David Pakman often pretends to be unbiased, but is, in fact, biased against Conservatives.
The Humanist Report
Mike Anthony of The Humanist Report has produced many videos in favor of Bernie Sanders, against Hillary Clinton, and against Donald Trump.
Jacklyn Glenn, a militant atheist, vegan, angry feminist, and closet lesbian, makes fun of people who are voting for Hillary just to put the first female President in the White House (while wearing a Bernie Sanders t-shirt), and endorses Bernie Sanders. Meanwhile, feminist Hillary supporters attack her because she's not supporting what they want to be the first female President.
The Secular Vegan
Isaiah, of The Secular Vegan, tells atheists to vote for Bernie, merely because he would be the first non-Christian President.
The Young Turks
Cenk Uygur, of The Young Turks, speaks highly of Bernie Sanders, while dismissing Hillary Clinton and Republican politicians as "robots", and practically every week, they release a video disrespecting Conservatives.
Sanders has supported the so-called 'Democratic' 'People's Republic' of 'Korea' during debates with Clinton, saying that Russia was a worse threat to American security than North Korea (or himself), an objectively false statement full of typical liberal-socialist claptrap. The Kim Jong-un of North Korean fame said of Sanders: "I have greatest confidence in Senator Bernard E. [sic] Sanders in holding the lackeys of the U.S. administration to account". Comrade Fidel Castro also praised the eminent "socialist transformation of America" under Sanders, adding falsely: "Americans have witnessed the utter failure of Capitalism, the destruction of its middle class and is tired of the endless wars. The Cuban model has proved its superiority and Americans now see through the government propaganda and now praise our country’s centralized economy, our health care system, our education system: Americans are hungry for Socialism."
Sanders advocates for a globalist and weak U.S. foreign policy in which the goal is "'global engagement based on partnership' rather than dominance or withdrawal." While originally holding protectionist and even some nationalist views, he has caved to the uniparty establishment and endorsed globalist policies. He supports giving every American a government job.
In 32 years of politics, Sanders authored 353 bills. Only three that made it into law and two of those were renaming post offices. Conservative Review has compiled a Liberty Score on Sanders. He gets a 'F' at just 16%.
Sanders headed the Veterans Affairs Committee. Under his purview; waiting list deaths, destruction and manipulation of medical records, whistleblowers punished, opiate abuse, fraud unpunished, mismanagement rewarded with pay raises, wait times to see a doctor has never been longer. Sanders has done next to nothing to fix these issues. Even today while he campaigns, he is still a member of the committee and has no plans to turn the duties over to somebody that will give it the time it deserves to fix.
During Sanders's 2006 Senatorial campaign, Republican opponent Rich Tarrant made an issue over Sanders 2003 vote against the Amber Alert even though he was actually in favor of the Amber Alert system to notify the public of missing children. The reason for his 'nay' vote was because the bill contained unconstitutional provisions in it's 47 pages. This makes sense, considering Sanders voted in favor of Megan's Law, which made sex offender information public. Bernie responded with a positive ad which set the record straight.
He was also one of only nineteen Congressman to vote against the Victims of Rape Health Protection Act passage, which would allow sexual assault victims to find out the HIV status of their suspected assailant
After countless stories of election fraud by the group ACORN, Bernie Sanders joined six Democrat Senators that voted to continue funding ACORN. The vote failed, and ACORN was stripped of funding in the Senate. Bill Wilson of Americans for Limited Government said, "The ACORN Housing Corporation has long been pushing the very loose-lending policies that helped destroy the housing industry. And now it has been exposed for working with prostitutes, as well. Yet, these seven Senators [Sanders] have knowingly voted to keep sending taxpayer money to a highly corrupt organization of pushers and pimps," 
Eugene Debs documentary
Accusations of draft dodging
Sanders was of age to be drafted into the Vietnam War. However, he filed for conscientious objector status on religious grounds. Sanders does not belong to any organized religion, dismissing criticism because he has strong religious feelings.
- Senate site
- Bernie Sanders 2016 campaign website
- Bernie Sanders' 1979 Eugene Debs Documentary
- Trade Unionist, Socialist, Revolutionary - Eugene V. Debs, 1855 - 1926, Transcript of Sanders' documentary
- Socialist Senator Sanders Hawks His Book Like an Evil Capitalist
- "A lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive" Donald "People are praying for me" Trump Ad On Bernie Sanders: “We Need A Strong Leader” And It Ain’t This Guy
- Mike Rowe calls Bernie Sanders 'knucklehead' over tweet
- Curl, Joseph (June 6, 2017). Socialist Bernie Sanders gets superrich in capitalist U.S.. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 6, 2017.
- Renzulli, Kerri Anne (March 15, 2016). Bernie Sanders Is a De Facto Millionaire. Time. Retrieved June 6, 2017.
- Gross, Daniel (February 28, 2016). How Bernie Sanders, the Socialist, Quietly Entered the Top 4% of Earners. Fortune. Retrieved June 6, 2017.
- Multiple references:
- Kruse, Michael (July 9, 2015). "Bernie Sanders has a secret". Politico website.
- Gould, Martin (July 15, 2015). "Bernie Sanders' very 1960s love life revealed - his first wife, the woman who had his son, and the sugar shack home where he lived as a 'revolutionary'", Daily Mail website.
- Starnes, Todd (June 9, 2017). Bernie Sanders attacks Trump nominee for following teachings of Christ. Fox News. Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- Berry, Susan, PhD (June 10, 2017). OMB Top Post Nominee ‘Berned’ at Stake for Christian Faith. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 10, 2017.
- "Vermont Sen. Sanders announces White House bid, says he's 'running to win'" (April 30, 2015). FoxNews.com website/Politics.
- My Hunt for Bernie’s Grandfather, by Paul Kengor, American Spectator
- Sen. Bernard Sanders (I-Vt.) RollCall.com. Retrieved February 20, 2017.
- Miller, S.A.; Dinan, Stephen (October 27, 2015). Sanders has a tough time turning his socialist visions into reality. The Washington Times. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- Billionaire-Bashing Bernie Sanders Is a Millionaire With Three Homes, MRC Newsbusters.org, April 13, 2016
- Bernie and Jane Sanders earned nearly $206K in 2014, tax returns show, CNN, April 15, 2016
- "The Bernie Sanders Save The Children Fund" (May 27, 2015). YouTube video, 1:15, posted by ReasonTV.
- Merica, Don (May 28, 2015). Bernie Sanders distances himself from 'dumb' 1972 essay on rape. CNN. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- Peyser, Andrea (June 5, 2015). Bernie Sanders’ rape-fantasy essay reveals left-wing hypocrisy. New York Post. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- Flynn, Mike (July 14, 2015). "'Jesus was a socialist': Bernie Sanders rocks Alabama". Breitbart website/Big goverment.
- Greatest threat to US? Sanders says ‘paranoid’ N. Korea, Clinton picks ‘belligerent’ Russia
- John Nichols (21 March 2011). The "S" Word: A Short History of an American Tradition...Socialism. Verso. ISBN 978-1-84467-679-8.
- Patrick Martin (WARNING: SOCIALIST WEBSITE) Bernie Sanders: Silent partner of American militarism World Socialist Website. 27 August 2015.
- FIDEL CASTRO: “BERNIE SANDERS WILL BRING SOCIALISM TO AMERICA” October 29th, 2015 by Bob Flanagan
- Savitsky, Shane (September 21, 2017). Sanders advocates foreign policy of "global engagement". Axios. Retrieved September 21, 2017.
- Caplan, Joshua (October 9, 2018). Bernie Sanders Abandons ‘U.S. Against China’ Trade Stance in ‘New World Order’ Speech. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Rodriguez, Katherine (April 24, 2018). Sen. Bernie Sanders to Unveil Plan to Give Every American a Guaranteed Government Job. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Carney, John (April 26, 2018). Carney: The Problem with the ‘Job Guarantee’ Is Not That It’s Too Expensive. It’s That the Left Hates Us. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- Thomas, Cal (April 26, 2018). 'Crazy Bernie' Sanders is at it again -- Will you be getting a guaranteed job (and more) soon? Fox News. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Kupfer, Theodore (April 26, 2018). Democrats’ Jobs Guarantee: Bernie Sanders Is Mainstream Now. National Review. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "H.R. 3088 (106th): Victims of Rape Health Protection Act" (October 2, 2000). Govtrack.us website/Congress/Votes/House Vote #505 in 2000.
- Isenstadt, Alex (September 14, 2009). "Senate denies ACORN funding". Politico website.
- Americans for Limited Government (September 15, 2009). "ALG condemns 7 Senators for voting to continue funding ACORN, calls for complete cutoff of federal funds". Americans for Limited Government website. Reprinted at Politico Mafioso website on September 16, 2009.
- Shamsian, Jacob (September 18, 2015). "A documentary that Bernie Sanders made about a socialist politician 36 years ago says a lot about his politics today". Business Insider website/Politics.
- Kurtz, Stanley (October 20, 2015). "Bernie Sanders’s documentary on Eugene Debs". National Review website. See National Review.
- Vespa, Matt (December 28, 2015). "Apparently, Bernie Sanders would be 'A lousy commander in chief' and he's sort of 'an a**hole to his staff'". Townhall.com website.
- Why Bernie Sanders doesn’t participate in organized religion, WaPo, January 15, 2016