William Kristol (born December 23, 1952, in New York City) is the son of Irving Kristol and Gertrude Himmelfarb. He is a RINO, liberal, and neoconservative/token conservative. He also is a commentator and author, co-founder and editor of The Weekly Standard, and chairman of the Project for the New American Century. William Kristol is married to Susan Scheinberg and has 3 children. He is currently a visiting professor at Harvard University.
Shift to the Left
Since Donald Trump's 2016 presidential candidacy, Kristol has moved to the Left, becoming a prominent Never Trump movement activist. Even after Trump's election as U.S. President, Kristol continued his petty attacks against Trump, a conservative. He advocated for "rebranding" establishment Never-Trump "conservatives" as liberals. Kristol endorsed Democrat Doug Jones (who takes very left-wing positions even by national standards), stating he would be a better Senator than conservative Republican Roy Moore.
In November 2017, Kristol tweeted: "The GOP tax bill's bringing out my inner socialist. The sex scandals are bringing out my inner feminist. Donald Trump and Roy Moore are bringing out my inner liberal. WHAT IS HAPPENING?"
In January 2018, without citing any evidence, claimed that conservative Fox News host Tucker Carlson and his show (which promotes a merit-based immigration system that would benefit American citizens first regardless of skin color) were "close now to racism" and "[white] ethnonationalism of some kind."
William Kristol received his B.A. from Harvard College in 1973 and his Ph.D. in government from Harvard in 1979. Then for several years, he served as a professor of political science at the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard's Kennedy School of Government.
On December 28, 2007, Kristol was hired by The New York Times as a weekly columnist, to begin on January 7, 2008; the NYT claimed he did a mediocre job and was replaced in 2009 by Ross G. Douthat. The Times said, "Douthat’s writing “steers away from partisanship — he frequently criticizes Republicans — or doctrine."
- The War Over Iraq: America's Mission and Saddam's Tyranny (co-author)
- Farhi, Paul (February 17, 2016). Bill Kristol knows his predictions have been bad but he’s going to keep making them. The Washington Post. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- Bash, Dana; Schleifer, Theodore (May 31, 2016). Never-Trump conservatives search for alternative. CNN. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- Kelly, Julie (February 27, 2017). Why I’ve Decided To Break Up With Bill Kristol. The Federalist. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- Lee, Tony (August 5, 2017). Bill Kristol: Never Trumpers Should ‘Rebrand’ as ‘Liberals’. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- Bowden, John (November 21, 2017). Bill Kristol: Trump and Moore 'are bringing out my inner liberal'. The Hill. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- Key, Pam (January 25, 2018). Bill Kristol Calls Tucker Carlson’s FNC Show ‘Ethno-Nationalism of Some Kind,’ ‘Close Now to Racism’. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- Poor, Jeff (January 25, 2018). Tucker Carlson Responds to Bill Kristol — ‘Former Intellectual Who Now Exists Primarily on Twitter’. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 26, 2018.