William T. Solomon, Jr., known as Bill Solomon (born August 18, 1967), is the vice president of finance at the Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute in Dallas, Texas. Prior to this position, he was the chief financial officer for the Dallas Foundation. Prior to joining the foundation, Solomon worked in the corporate accounting and international finance for Campus Crusade for Christ in Orlando, Florida.
The Dallas Foundation is major contributor to George Soros-backed leftist media attack group Media Matters for America. Based in Washington, D.C., Media Matters is run by the liberal David Brock, who once “declared war” on Fox News. The foundation has contributed $250,000 to Media Matters in recent years.
The foundation is the oldest community foundation in Texas. Its most recent IRS filing says it “grants to charitable causes, mostly in Dallas County, intended to improve the quality of life in the areas of arts, education, health, social services, and community projects.” Why they’ve chosen to donate to radical left-wing organizations like Media Matters, who obviously provide none of the aforementioned services, raises questions about the stated mission of the foundation.
Solomon is a son of William, Sr., and Gay F. Solomon. The senior Solomon is the former CEO of Austin Industries, a construction company in Dallas, and the former chairman of the Southwestern Medical Foundation.
- Highland Park High School (Dallas) (1985)
- The University of Texas (1989)
- Bill Solomon. mylife.com. Retrieved on January 24, 2022.
- Meet The Dallas Foundation Staff; information about Mr. Solomon no longer on-line.
- Media Matters' war against Fox
- Dallas Foundation’s Donations via Guidestar, the database of IRS filings filed by non-profit organizations