|Catherine Cortez Masto|
|Senior U.S. Senator from Nevada|
From: January 3, 2017 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former Attorney General of Nevada|
From: January 1, 2007 – January 5, 2015
Attorney General of NevadaEdit
After Harry Reid announced that he would not seek re-election in 2016, he endorsed Cortez Masto and encouraged her to run for his Senate seat. The latter soon announced her run and won the general election later, defeating the moderate Republican Joe Heck by less than 3% of the vote.
Cortez Masto is generally a liberal who supports unrestricted abortion, illegal immigration, and the neocon agenda of endless wars. She was opposed to same-sex "marriage" as the Attorney General of Nevada before supporting it.
- TYPICAL. Harry Reid Protege Cortez Masto Let Family Friend Pillage the Elderly (VIDEO)
- Senator Harry Reid Announces Retirement
- Meet the Woman Harry Reid Wants to Replace Him in the Senate
- 2016 Nevada Senate Election Results
- Cortez Masto Statement on Trump’s Decision to Decertify Iran Nuclear Deal
- Catherine Cortez Masto on the Issues
- Attorneys general switching sides on gay marriage