The Clinton Foundation conflicts of interest cited below roughly fall into three categories : (1) past conflicts during Hillary Rodham Clinton's tenure as U.S. Secretary of State; (2) conflicts of interest related to fundraising for election campaigns; and (3) potential conflicts should Hillary Clinton be elected president of the United States. Potential conflicts are of concern given a president would find it difficult to recuse themself in a decision that only the president can make, such as the Keystone XL pipeline.
The Clinton Foundation Federal Tax ID number is 31-1580204.
- Chevron, Alberta Clipper
- American Petroleum Institute, Canadian Oil Sands
- Exxon Mobile, Candadian Oil Sands
- ConocoPhillips, Canadian Oil Sands
In all, governments and corporations involved in the arms deals approved by Clinton's State Department have delivered between $54 million and $141 million to the Clinton Foundation as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars in payments to the Clinton family, according to foundation and State Department records.
- Algeria paid between $250,000 and $500,000.
- Saudi Arabia, paid foundation at least $10 million, bought $29 billion arms deal.
- Kuwait, paid Bill Clinton $425,000 in speaking fees, received approval for $693 million purchase of Boeing fighter aircraft.
- United Arab Emirates, donated between $1 million and $5 million.
- Oman, donated between $1 million and $5 million.
- Qatar paid between $1 million and $5 million.
- Australia, donated between $5 million and $10 million.
American defense contractors donated to the Clinton Foundation while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state and in some cases made personal payments to Bill Clinton for speaking engagements. Such firms and their subsidiaries were listed as contractors in $163 billion worth of deals that were authorized by the Clinton State Department between 2009 and 2012.
- Boeing; paid foundation $10 million, received Saudi contract. In 2010 paid foundation $900,000 and received approval for $3.7 billion Russian deal.
- Honeywell, paid at least $50,000
- Hawker Beechcraft (owned by Goldman Sachs), paid at least $500,000.
- General Electric. NBC put Chelsea Clinton on its payroll as a network correspondent in November 2011, when it was still 49 percent owned by General Electric, a major defense contractor that benefitted from the Clinton State Department's arms export approval. General Electric donated at least $1 million.
- Lockhead Martin, paid at least $250,000
- United Technologies, paid at least $50,000
Free trade agreements
- Colombia, in 2008, as a Presidential candidate, Clinton opposed a free trade agreement, but in 2011, Sec. Clinton switched to supporting the deal after Foundation took cash from Frank Giustra, who also sits on the Foundation Board.
- Panama. Donors to the Clinton foundation use Panama for offshore tax havens and money laundering as revealed in the Panama Papers.
- Frank Giustra
- Raj Fernando purchased a seat on the State Department's International Security Advisory Board with a $250,000 donation to the Clinton Foundation. Fernando also served as a 2016 unelected Superdelegate for Hillary Clinton to the Democatic Convention.
- George Stephanopoulos, Clinton surrogate and alleged news anchor gave $75,000.
- Richard L. Friedman, hotel developer, asked for help building hotels in Haiti.
- George Soros
- Denise Rich, wife of fugitive tax-cheat Marc Rich who received an 11th hour pardon from Bill Clinton, donated at least $450,000.
- Judith Heumann. A March 23, 2009, email exchange between State Department Official Corley Kenna and Cheryl Mills, containing the political contribution history of Judith Heumann. The contribution history contains five separate contributions to the presidential campaigns of Clinton and Barack Obama. According to the documents, Mills forwarded the email exchange directly to Clinton. In 2010, Heumann was appointed as the State Department Special Advisor on Disability Rights.
- China. A Chinese firm, Rilin Enterprises run by Wang Wenliang, a member of the Chinese parliament with close security and intelligence connections to the Chinese government, has donated $2 million. Mr. Wang Wenliang's donations have also brought former DNC chief fundraiser and chairman Terry McAuliffe under FBI investigation.
- Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (Global Affairs Canada) gave $480,000 and cites the Keystone XL pipeline as one of its priorities.
- Germany, donated between $100,000 and $250,000.
- Brunei paid between $1 million and $5 million. Both Clinton's claim to be advocates for homosexual rights. Gays in Brunei face up to 10 years in prison.
- Jamaica paid between $50,000 and $100,000. Gay men in Jamaica caught having sex face up to 10 years in prison.
- Rosatom. Purchased a controlling interest in Uranium One, a Utah uranium mining company owned by a Canadian firm run by Frank Giustra who is also a Clinton Foundation Board member. The transaction required Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's approval. Once completed, Giustra donated $130 million to the Clinton Foundation.
- UBS, a Swiss bank and one of the world's largest, was fined $780 million in February 2009 in a U.S. Federal Court on charges it helped thousands of Americans evade taxes. Donations to the foundation increased tenfold to $600,000 after Hillary intervened where Department of Justice prosecutors and the IRS previously had been the lead agencies. Additionally, Bill Clinton collected $1.5 million in speaking fees.
- FIFA (Federacion Internationale de Football Association), currently facing Department of Justice charges for money laundering, racketeering and wire fraud, donated at least $50,000.
- Energy Pioneer Solutions Inc. The Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) helped arrange $2 million in financial commitments to benefit the for-profit company owned by longtime Clinton friends and the Treasurer of the Democratic National Committee. The CGI was able to secure an $812,000 grant from then-Energy Secretary Steven Chu. IRS regulations are explicit, all non-profit activities are not to be used for private or personal profit-making activities.
- Laureate International Universities. Between 2010 and 2014 while Hillary Clinton served as Secretary of State, Bill Clinton made $16.5 million for his role as honorary chancellor of Laureate Education, a for-profit college company. The State Department funneled $55 million in grants during Hillary Clinton's tenure to groups associated with Laureate's founder. The International Youth Federation, an organization connected to Laureate chairman Douglas Becker, received USAID funding. Becker is a major donor to the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation. In her first year as Secretary of State, Hillary is quoted as directly asking that Laureate be included in a high-profile policy dinner — just months before the lucrative contract was given to Bill Clinton. Hillary Clinton later references “Laureate Universities, started by Doug Becker who Bill likes a lot". “It’s a for-profit model that should be represented,” she wrote in the August 2009 email.
- Blackwater. Five Blackwater guards were indicted by a U.S. grand jury on manslaughter and weapons charges stemming from a 2007 firefight in Baghdad's Nisoor Square in which 17 Iraqis died. A donation of $10,000 to $25,000 was reported in late 2008; the State Department renewed the controversial contract with a Blackwater subsidiary in 2009.
- U.S. Department of Labor's union financial disclosure reports reveal that Big Labor gave at least $2,034,500.
- Happy Hearts Fund, offered Bill Clinton a lifetime achievement award twice which he turned down until there was a veiled solicitation and offer for $500,000, then he accepted. Clinton pocketed nearly one quarter of the charity event which could have built 10 preschools in Indonesia, according to the New York Times.
- Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership. A Canadian law provides a convenient loophole for money laundering. The law prohibits charities from disclosing individual donors without their permission. 1,100 secret donors remain undisclosed, thanks to Clinton Foundation Board member Frank Guistra's, Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership.
- ↑ https://www.wsj.com/articles/foreign-government-gifts-to-clinton-foundation-on-the-rise-1424223031
- ↑ http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/oil-companies-donated-clinton-foundation-while-lobbying-state-department-2348832
- ↑ http://www.rollcall.com/news/clinton_foundations_missteps_point_to_broader_problem-241644-1.html
- ↑ http://www.ibtimes.com/clinton-foundation-donors-got-weapons-deals-hillary-clintons-state-department-1934187
- ↑ http://www.state.gov/t/pm/rls/rm/149749.htm
- ↑ http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2011/12/179777.htm
- ↑ http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/kuwait-c-17-globemaster-iii-aircraft-and-related-support
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/for-hillary-clinton-and-boeing-a-beneficial-relationship/2014/04/13/21fe84ec-bc09-11e3-96ae-f2c36d2b1245_story.html
- ↑ https://theintercept.com/document/2016/02/20/boeing-weapon-sales-to-saudi-arabia/
- ↑ http://www.ibtimes.com/colombian-oil-money-flowed-clintons-state-department-took-no-action-prevent-labor-1874464
- ↑ https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article72215012.html
- ↑ http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/06/10/abcs_brian_ross_do_newly_released_clinton_emails_show_quid_pro_quo.html
- ↑ https://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/05/george-stephanopoulos-discloses-75-000-contribution-to-clinton-foundation-207120#.VVSiYNO1lLc.twitter
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/19/emails-clinton-foundation-donor-lobbied-state-department-for-haiti-hotels.html
- ↑ https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/27742#source
- ↑ https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chinese-company-pledged-2-million-to-clinton-foundation-in-2013/
- ↑ The Clintons' War on Women, CHAPTER 23 CONFLICT OF INTEREST, by Roger Stone, Skyhorse Publishing, 2015, pp. 341-342.
- ↑ http://time.com/4348675/terry-mcauliffe-hillary-clinton-china-investigation/
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/officials-feds-investigating-virginia-governor/2016/05/23/ef6c2ebe-2126-11e6-aa84-42391ba52c91_story.html
- ↑ http://www.international.gc.ca/department-ministere/plans/rpp/rpp_1516.aspx?lang=eng
- ↑ http://www.nydailynews.com/news/money/top-donors-clinton-foundation-include-saudis-blackwater-article-1.357326
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/17/rights-groups-silent-as-clinton-foundation-takes-millions-from-countries-that-imprison-gays.html
- ↑ https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0
- ↑ UBS fined $780 million in tax evasion scandal, Investment News, February 19, 2009.
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/30/ubs-donations-to-clinton-foundation-increased-after-hillary-intervention-in-irs.html
- ↑ https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- room/243190-fifa-a-clinton-foundation-donor
- ↑ https://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-charity-aided-clinton-friends-1463086383
- ↑ https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-07-31/hillary-and-bill-clinton-paid-43-million-in-federal-taxes
- ↑ http://www.iyfnet.org/people/douglas-l-becker
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/laureate-a-for-profit-education-firm-finds-international-success-with-a-clintons-help/2014/01/16/13f8adde-7ca6-11e3-9556-4a4bf7bcbd84_story.html
- ↑ https://jonathanturley.org/2016/06/08/the-clintons-university-problem-laureate-education-lawsuits-present-problem-for-clintons/
- ↑ http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/hillarys-emails-reveal-lucrative-ties-to-for-profit-colleges/
- ↑ https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2015/09/02/clinton-sought-invite-laureate-state-dept-dinner
- ↑ https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DOCUMENTS/HRCEmail_JulyWeb/Web_031/DOC_0C05763085/C05763085.pdf
- ↑ https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DOCUMENTS/HRCEmail_JulyWeb/Web_032-033/DOC_0C05763758/C05763758.pdf
- ↑ http://www.nydailynews.com/news/money/top-donors-clinton-foundation-include-saudis-blackwater-article-1.357326
- ↑ http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/u-s-extends-iraq-contract-for-blackwater-firm/
- ↑ https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/17/new-deal-for-blackwater-bucks-decision-by-iraq/
- ↑ http://www.nilrr.org/2015/05/15/big-labor-gave-2-million-to-clinton-foundation/
- ↑ https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/us/politics/an-award-for-bill-clinton-came-with-500000-for-his-foundation.html
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/1100-donors-to-a-canadian-charity-tied-to-clinton-foundation-remain-secret/2015/04/28/c3c0f374-edbc-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html
- ↑ https://www.clintonfoundation.org/our-work/clinton-giustra-enterprise-partnership