This page is the only rule page on Conservapedia. These guidelines are kept simple in order to avoid the arbitrary and biased enforcement that is rampant on Wikipedia. If you would like to propose an amendment to the Conservapedia Commandments click here. Read how our rules differ from Wikipedia here.
Minors under 16 years old use this site. Posting of obscenity here is punishable by up to 10 years in jail under 18 USC § 1470. Vandalism is punishable up to 10 years in jail per 18 USC § 1030. The IP addresses of vandals will be reported to authorities. That includes your employer and your local prosecutor.
- Everything you post must be true and verifiable. Do not copy from Wikipedia or other non-public domain sources.
- Always cite and give credit to your sources, even if in the public domain.
- Edits/new pages must be family-friendly, clean, concise, and without gossip or foul language.
- When referencing dates based on the approximate birth of Jesus, give appropriate credit for the basis of the date (B.C. or A.D.). "BCE" and "CE" are unacceptable substitutes because they deny the historical basis. See CE.
- As much as is possible, American spelling of words must be used.
- Do not post personal opinion on an encyclopedia entry. Opinions can be posted on Talk:pages or on debate or discussion pages.
- The operation of unauthorized wiki-bots is prohibited.
Edits which violate these rules will be deleted. Users who violate the rules repeatedly will be blocked. A blatantly inappropriate entry, such as vandalism or obscenity, can result in immediate blocking without warning. Sockpuppets are also blocked.
- You will only be blocked for violating command 5 if you repeatedly change words from American spelling to another spelling.
- Search engine bots are exempt from this Commandment. To get authorization please post a note on User_talk:Aschlafly, stating what the bot will do, what username it will be under, and whether you have a working prototype. Bot owners are responsible for their bots actions.