Debate topic suggestions, organized so that it's not necessary to delete them.
(Note: If some topic is miscategorized, it can be cut and pasted without affecting the relevant links.)
- If there is no objective truth, then is the claim "there is no objective truth" also not an objective truth?
- Does History Matter?
- Is a first cause of a process necessary, always possible, or sometimes impossible?
- Can Objectivism develop beyond Ayn Rand's original formulation?
- Can any man live without some code of morality?
- Does the universe include everything, or does something outside the universe exist?
- Is it easier to ask for permission, or for forgiveness?
- Why is there something rather than nothing?
- Stem Cells: Why or why not
- Conservapedia: Grave errors/inconsistencies in the Bible make literal translation worthless.
- Conservapedia: 'το πνευμα ἁγιον'; how would you translate it?
- Was Jesus born in the right time and place?
- If God does not exist, can anything be morally wrong?
- Were the Puritans right to banish (expel) people for religious reasons?
- Is the Bible a reliable source of history against which one may check all other sources?
- Is it wrong to have a Christmas tree?
- Did God create evil?
- Is it possible to be both Jewish and Christian at the same time?
- Is the Pope the Antichrist?
- Which Christian denomination is the most true to the central teachings of Christianity?
- If Jesus were alive to day, where on the political spectrum would he fall?
- Is religion relevant in todays society? / Should Religion Play a Large Role in Modern Societies?
- Corinthians 11:14 and the traditional image of Jesus
- Bible (New and Old Testament) Words of God
- Does Intelligent Design deny the Existence of God?
- Could God create a rock so heavy that he himself could not lift it?
- If there were no religion, would we find another reason to kill each other?
- Natural Disaster versus Act of God
- What is the Sabbath day?
- Is it possible to be a conservative and not a religious person or even an atheist?
- Debate:Why do we still preform Baptisms?
- Does the Resurrection negate Gods Sacrifice of his only son?|Does the Resurrection negate God's Sacrifice of his only son?
- If most Muslims learned their religion from their parents, just like us Christians, they will probably be hard to convert. So what can we do to save their souls?
- If most Christians learned their religion from their parents, just like us Muslims, they will probably be hard to convert. So what can we do to save their souls?
- Does mainstream Islam endorse violence?
- Does the Conservapedia entry for "Bible" need revision to clarify that The Jews reject Jesus as the Messiah of God and His Gospel and Church?
- On the issue of Jews/Jesus/Bible...
- Is religion morally wrong?
- Does the Bible display poor ethics and morals?
- What makes the Bible a reliable source of knowledge besides tradition?
- Conservapedia:Why should we be afraid of God?
- Conservapedia:Do conservative Christians have an unquestioning faith which is comparable to that of the Party in the book 1984?
- Conservapedia:Are Christianity and the Bible superior to other religions and scriptures?
- Conservapedia: Is "Coercive Interrogation" consistent with Christian Values?
- Should all access to Conservapedia be banned on Sundays?
- Either God is indecisive or the world's major religions have ALL got it wrong
- Has Britian become the 51st State of the US?
- Conservapedia:You think these Phd's are nuts?
- Does the European Union pose a threat to United States Security?
- Which is true; progressive Liberal or regressive liberal
- Define torture
- Should the United States have entered World War I?
- Should the United States have entered World War II?
- Should the United States have eliminated communism in North Korea as General Douglas MacArthur wanted?
- Did racism play a role in the decision to drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- Was the United States right to drop atomic bombs so quickly on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- If President Roosevelt had known about the Pearl Harbor attack in advance, would it have been wrong for him to allow the attack in order to wake up the American public and motivate Americans to fight and win the war?
- Is gun-control the answer to crimes involving guns?
- Was world war inevitable?
- Does "free trade" increase wealth or simply redistribute it?
- Is it even possible to install democracy in a Muslim country?
- Is democracy even possible in Iraq?
- Should President Jimmy Carter (at the urging of Henry Kissinger) have allowed the deposed Shah of Iran to enter the United States in 1979 to receive medical treatment, over the objections of the Iranian people?
- Should we have given the Panama Canal back to Panama?
- Should government allow an unchecked economy, or are regulations necessary in private business?
- Should the United States leave the United Nations?
- Crusades... Good or Bad?
- Was American soldier Michael New right to refuse to fight wearing part of a United Nations uniform? See Michael New
- Which is a more powerful ideology, Islam or Communism?
- Should the United States intervene in small countries to defeat communism there?
- Should public displays of the 10 Commandments be allowed under the constitution?
- Does the high abortion rate among African Americans explain the quadruple extreme premature birth risk among the same population?
- Was the third crusade successful?
- Which has the best philosophy of education: the public school system, private schools, or the home school movement?
- Should people genetically engineer a cure for homosexuality?
- Should Bush pardon Scooter Libby?
- Should the USA and other industrialized nations resume the building of nuclear power plants, an activity that is now effectively suspended?
- Should We Support Democrats For Life.org?
- Women in the Military?
- Should students learn a foreign language?
- Why does the right side of the political spectrum tend to be more religous?
- Is Rush Limbaugh in touch with reality, or just an uneducated opinionated conservative mouthpiece ?
- Conservapedia:Should there be a consistent standard on human rights applied to left and right?
- Should American companies be allowed to send their own troops into a war which America is participating in?
- Giuliani's lack of social conservative viewpoints should not stop you from voting for him.
- Should Richard Stay?
- Is President Bush good for America?
- Is the Iraq War a success?
- Does Single sex schooling promotes homesexuality?
- Is the murder of 3,000 people just a few or is it a lot? Does it make a difference if the murdered people are Americans?
- Does the media really have a liberal bias?
- Two sides to a coin. The liberals use of Swift Boat
- Who was the last Democrat to quit due to ethics and what year was it? Is it fair for Republicans to due the same?
- What kind of leader will Democrats make if they run from debates on Fox?
- Are the Democrats capable of fighting terrorism?
- Does porn actually cause (not merely correlate to) violence?
- Does Darwinian natural selection suggest that bigotry is a necessary self-defense mechanism?
- Does Darwinian natural selection suggest that homosexuality is bad for the survival of a species?
- Is Darwinian natural selection compatible with Marxism?
- Is the theory of macroevolution true?
- Conservapedia: Is Giving Birth the Bible Way Better?
- Should Creationism/Intelligent design be taught as a scientific alternative to evolution in public schools?
- Is global warming evident, and if so, is this the fault of man, and how must man stop it?
- If the universe is young and it takes light millions of years to reach us from far off stars, how can we see them?
- God, Earth and Global Warming
- Conservapedia:Why is the evidence in favor of evolution so darn convincing?
- If the Bible didn't contain a creation story, would anyone even consider the idea of a young earth?
- Do violent video games play a role in people on the edge of sanity?
- Is Relativity in direct conflict with the Genesis account?
Debates about Conservapedia
- The liberal quotient of Conservapedia; what is it? Does it matter?
- Does bias impair Wikipedia's reliability?
- Should the term list entries be included in Conservapedia's entry count?
- How should Conservapedia work to avoid having a conservative bias?
- Can Conservapedia Succeed?
- Is Conservapedia fair and balanced?
- How can we protect Conservapedia by distinguishing real conservative encyclopedia articles from satires written by liberals?
- Do hardly any entries on conservapedia cite sources?
- A poll requested by Aschlafly regarding the new color format
- What exactly is Conservapedia?
- Quality of References
- Was the media attention needed?
- Is NPOV and wiki culture an example of a postmodern culture?
- Conservapedia:Major bias in conservapedia
- Conservapedia Debate Topics full of far left liberal netroots
- Which is true; progressive Liberal or regressive liberal
- Should known communists be banned from editing at Conservapedia??
- Conservapedia:Where do you personally look for facts and information on topics "When did Brahms live" or "Why did Monet paint grainstacks?"
- Conservapedia:Is it okay for Conservapedia to have biased articles?
- Conservapedia:On whether certain articles on human anatomy should be pre-emptively blanked and protected
- Conservapedia:Who deletes entire discussion items from here? And why?
- Why do users, who contribute substantially, choose to leave this community?
- Why do the creators of conservapeida see wikipedia as un-American?
- Should I remove the gross Spanish profanity passing itself off as translations in several articles?
- Is the use of copyrighted photographs without permission stealing?
- Why do so many topical debates descend into embarassing personal attacks?
- Should chunky stew be eaten with a fork or a spoon?
- Are cats just useless dogs?
- Is the Platypus evidence that God has a sense of humour?
- Are we living in a computer simulation?
- Was the shooting at Virginia Tech somehow President Bush's fault? (kind of like he caused hurricane Katrina)
Feel free to add additional debate topics.
To add a topic, edit this page, and enter a '#' followed by the topic title in double square brackets. Use a '|' to separate the link from the title.
# [[Conservapedia:Fork or Spoon|Should chunky stew be eaten with a fork or a spoon?]]
which will look like this:
Then you can click the link, and create the page when it isn't found.