Counterexamples to Relativity
The theory of relativity is a mathematical system that allows no exceptions. It is heavily promoted by liberals who like its encouragement of relativism and its tendency to mislead people in how they view the world. Here is a list of counterexamples, and if only one of these is true, then the theory fails:
- The Pioneer anomaly.
- Anomalies in the locations of spacecraft that have flown by Earth ("flybys").
- Increasingly precise measurements of the advance of the perihelion of Mercury, which show a shift outside the margin of error predicted by relativity.
- The discontinuity in momentum as velocity approaches "c" for infinitesimal mass, compared to the momentum of light. Note that this "discontinuity" exists for both the momentum formula in relativity and the momentum formula in classical physics.
- The logical problem of a force which is applied at a right angle to the velocity of a relativistic mass - does this act on the rest mass or the relativistic mass?
- The observed lack of curvature in overall space.
- The universe shortly after its creation, when quantum effects dominate
- The action-at-a-distance of quantum entanglement
- The action-at-a-distance by Jesus, described in John 4:46-54
- The failure to discover gravitons, despite wasting hundreds of millions in taxpayer money in searching.
- The inability of the theory to produce anything of value, contrary to every other theory of physics.
- The change in mass over time of standard kilograms preserved under ideal conditions.
- The uniformity in temperature throughout the universe.
- "The snag is that in quantum mechanics, time retains its Newtonian aloofness, providing the stage against which matter dances but never being affected by its presence. These two [QM and Relativity] conceptions of time don’t gel."
- The theory predicts wormholes just as it predicts black holes, but wormholes violated causality and permit absurd time travel.
- The theory predicts natural formation of highly ordered (and thus low entropy) black holes despite the increase in entropy required by the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
- Data from the PSR B1913+16 increasingly diverge from predictions of the General Theory of Relativity such that, despite a Nobel Prize in Physics being awarded for early work on this pulsar, no data at all have been released about it for over five years.
- The lack of a single useful device developed based on any insights provided by the theory; no lives have been saved or helped, and the theory has not led to other useful theories and may have interfered with scientific progress. This stands in stark contrast with every verified theory of science.
(add to list)
- See, e.g., historian Paul Johnson's book about the 20th century, and the article written by liberal law professor Laurence Tribe as allegedly assisted by Barack Obama. Virtually no one who is taught and believes relativity continues to read the Bible, a book that outsells New York Times bestsellers by a hundred-fold.
- See, e.g., the discussion at Talk:Essay:Quantifying_Order.
- Quantum entanglement has not yet communicated information faster than the speed of light, but has already exhibited action faster than the speed of light.
- http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6092-speed-of-light-may-have-changed-recently.html ("A varying speed of light contradicts Einstein's theory of relativity, and would undermine much of traditional physics. But some physicists believe it would elegantly explain puzzling cosmological phenomena such as the nearly uniform temperature of the universe.")
- http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v61/i13/p1446_1 . The popular science press promotes black holes to a far greater extent than wormholes.
- Contrived explanations have been suggested for this dilemma, such as Stephen Hawking proposing that the entropy of matter in a black hole is somehow stored in the surface area of its event horizon to be released back into its surroundings as the black hole decays by ... "Hawking radiation."