Deep state coup 1.0
The 2017 Deep state coup attempt (sometimes called the soft coup, the "insurance policy," or Crossfire Hurricane) was an effort by high-level Obama administration and intelligence community officials to sabotage the agenda of President Donald Trump, remove him from power, and hide the illegal actions of the Obama administration.
Major players in the coup attempt were Barack Hussein Obama, Hillary Rodham Clinton, John Brennan, James Clapper, Susan Rice, Loretta Lynch, James Comey, and a host of other lower level DNC operatives in the US intelligence community and mainstream media organizations. Republican Sen. John McCain is also known to have shared information and worked with the plotters during the coup effort.
In late March 2018 Attorney General Jeff Sessions informed Chairman Chuck Grassley of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Chairman Bob Goodlatte of the House Judiciary Committee, and Chairman Trey Gowdy of the House Oversight Committee of the appointment of Utah US Attorney John Huber to investigate and possibly prosecute Obama coup plotters with the findings of several investigations. Huber's investigation is based in Utah, outside the Washington DC swamp. Utah is the home of the Intelligence Community Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative Data Center, a data storage facility. A grand jury can be empaneled in Utah.
- 1 Motivation
- 2 The insurance policy
- 3 FusionGPS
- 4 Department of Justice
- 5 John Brennan
- 6 Department of State
- 7 FISA abuse
- 8 Senate Intelligence Committee
- 9 Timeline
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Disrupting the globalist agenda
Demanding NATO accountabilityJohn Brennan developed a false narrative:
"CIA Dir. John Brennan received information from British GCHQ intelligence as part of an allegedly "routine" intelligence sharing agreement about Trump associates' business dealings in Russia. The information is said to have originated with Estonian intelligence. Estonia is requesting a missile defence system at this time, while Trump adviser Newt Gingrich refers to the country of 1.3 million inhabitants as a 'suburb of St. Petersberg', which has 5.3 million inhabitants. Gingrich, rumoured to be on the short list for Secretary of State, says he doubts American leaders would risk nuclear war over Putin's actions in the region.In actuality, John Brennan received nothing from UK intelligence. Nonetheless Brennan shared his invented narrative with Clapper and Comey to form a Joint Counter-Intelligence Task Force. The FBI began an investigation into Paul Manafort's associations. This investigation led to wiretapping of at least three Trump associates, Paul Manafort, Carter Page, and Roger Stone.
Allegedly, the information that triggered Brennan to act was a tape recorded conversation that mentioned money from the Kremlin to the Trump Campaign."
The fake narrative is nothing new for Brennan; a decade earlier Brennan was responsible for fake narratives about warrantless wiretaps under the Patriot Act to hide the real source of information that he was gleaning from the Torture Program.
Brennan recruited a network of retired American and foreign intelligence operatives headquartered in London, so-called "informants" or "outside contiguous US lures" (oconus lures), people who wanted the US taxpayer to continue the gravy train of NATO defense spending for another generation, although Millennials are hard pressed to identify what NATO is, how it came into existence, and why it continues to exist 25 years after the collapse of communism. Nor why European social democracies enjoy free healthcare while Americans do not, because Americans pay Europeans' defense costs.
For this, the Russian bogeyman is needed, and because the Obama administration failed to live up to the Clinton-era commitment to defend Ukraine in exchange for relinquishing nukes, and in the event of Russian annexation. The Clinton-era State Department promise wasn't worth the paper it was written on, ratified by the Obama administration making the U.S. word in international agreements useless.
The military industrial complex on both sides of the Atlantic needed to be fed, and Trump talking about sending Europe a bill for US defense costs of NATO threatened the status quo. As the Crimea Annexation illustrated, neither the US nor European allies were willing to confront Russia. And as the Libyan War sadly and clearly demonstrated, NATO was now transformed into an offensive neo-colonial force resurrecting slavery on the African continent, creating an unparalleled humanitarian and refugee crisis. Donald Trump challenged the corruption, short-sightedness, loss of direction, perversion of its purpose, and lack of accountability of the current generation of NATO leaders.
Obama's personal vendetta
The Democrat establishment and assorted lunatics
The insurance policy
On November 17, 2016 NSA Director Mike Rogers made an unannounced trip to Trump Tower to meet with President-elect Trump without notifying the White House. Rogers warned Trump of the Obama administration's illegal spying on Trump and the transition team. Trump immediately moved his transition headquarters to his private golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey. "That caused consternation at senior levels of the administration," the Washington Post reported. DNI James Clapper and Defense Secretary Ashton Carter urged Obama to fire Rogers for meeting with the President-elect.
On December 10 IC shill John Schindler tweeted a series of threats and ultimatums.
|*ATTN @realDonaldTrump: going to war with the IC is a truly colossally stupid thing to do, per this tweetstorm [ link to CNN article ] /1 5:47 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*I've been telling you for years—esp last few months—that the Kremlin is behind Wikileaks. Now the IC is saying so openly. Big deal. /2 5:48 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*IC has hard proof at TS+ level that Moscow used Wikileaks to hurt Hillary and help Trump in 2016. These are facts that will not go away.|
[Ed. note: IC = Intelligence Community. TS+ = Top-Secret Plus.] /3 5:49 AM - 10 Dec 2016
|*The investigation demanded by Congress will reveal what we already know—that Putin wanted US political chaos & if possible a Trump win /4 5:50 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Team Trump now has to decide to go along with the investigation of Russian interference or fight it; seems they have chosen the latter. /5 5:50 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Publicly attacking the IC as Trump has just done will end very badly for Don. Remember what happened when Hillary attacked the spooks? /5 5:51 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Have you really forgotten about #EmailGate already, @realDonaldTrump? Mocking the IC in public will result in big things you won't like. /6 5:52 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*The IC dislikes you intensely and they hate Flynn. The spooks have much more on you than they had on Hillary. This is a #YUGE mistake. /7 5:53 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Only way Trump can make the issue of Russian interference worse is by impugning American intelligence. Which Don just did. Get popcorn /8 5:54 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*IC knows the full picture of what happened this year. They're not happy with you, @realDonaldTrump. You have the weekend to walk it back. /9 5:55 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*If Don won't walk back his foolish attack on the IC, watch for leaked terms like KGB, FSB, SVR, kompromat, Mogilevich, Organizatsiya... /10 6:00 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
On December 15, 2016 DNI Clapper signed off on a directive to expand circulation of the names of American citizens caught up in wiretapping foreign intelligence targets to create a cloud of innuendo. Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch's signed off on the new rules in early January.
From December 29 until Trump’s inauguration, the White House aggressively pumped into the media two streams of information: one about Russian hacking; the other alleging a Trump-Russia connection. The two streams were then merged into one in the hands of reporters sympathetic to Democrats.
Obama's Oval Office meetingDuring the transition Obama held a secret meeting with James Clapper, John Brennan, James Comey, Sally Yates, Susan Rice and Vice President Biden in the Oval Office. The Clinton-Steele dossier was discussed. Susan Rice made a note of the discussions.
President Obama began the conversation by stressing his continued commitment to ensuring that every aspect of this issue is handled by the intelligence and law enforcement communities "by the book". The President stressed that he is not asking about, initiating or instructing anything from a law enforcement perspective. He reiterated that our law enforcement team needs to proceed as it normally would by the book.At the conclusion of the briefing, Obama held Yates and Comey aside. The 90-day surveillance period under the secret FISA warrant had just over two weeks remaining and was set to expire just as Trump was taking office. The Obama administration was facing a deadline if the secret FISA warrant was to be extended beyond Obama's term of office. They needed to figure out how the investigation could continue after Trump was sworn in as president. Rice’s “by the book” comment is transparent: Obama claimed to adhere to a book that forbade consultation between political officials and civil service investigators. But here they were consulting. So Rice tried to cover their tracks in her CYA email: She makes it appear that the consultation is a mere friendly reminder that Obama wanted everything done by the book.
From a national security perspective, however, President Obama said he wants to be sure that, as we engage with the incoming team, we are mindful to ascertain if there is any reason that we cannot share information fully as it relates to Russia.
The President asked Comey to inform him if anything changes in the next few weeks that should affect how we share classified information with the incoming team. Comey said he would."
The next morning Dir. Brennan released an unclassified version of the Joint Analysis Report, a joint Comey, Clapper and Brennan document consisting of recycled reports on Russia Today (RT) with 2 pages of sexual innuendo from the Clinton-Steele dossier. NSA Dir. Adm. Mike Rogers dissented from the report. The Washington Post was assured that "the sources involved in the [Clinton-Steele dossier's] reporting were credible enough to warrant inclusion in the highly classified [presidential] report.” Brennan however in later public testimony said the dossier and its sources were not credible enough to incorporate in the Joint Analysis Report. Brennan swore that the Clinton-Steele dossier did not “in any way” factor into the CIA's assessment that Russia interfered in the election to help Trump. The classified version of Comey, Clapper and Brennan's Joint Analysis Report congressional investigators found contradicted Brennan's sworn testimony. Furthermore, Brennan never received any intelligence reporting from allied intelligence bureaus as he repeatedly claimed, which he supposedly passed along to the FBI, which became the supposed "legal" basis of opening a foreign counterintelligence investigation on American citizens in July 2016.
Comey's blackmail attempt
The same day of the release of the public version of the official Joint Analysis Report with the Clinton-funded smears, Comey, Clapper, Brennan, and Adm. Rogers traveled to New York to brief President-elect Trump. Comey asked for a one-on-one briefing at the end of the meeting. Without informing Trump of the true origins of the "intelligence", which Comey knew was Democrat and Clinton opposition talking points, Comey represented the "salacious" allegations to Trump as some sort of official US government intelligence report. It fundamentally was an effort by Comey to blackmail the new president, as J. Edgar Hoover had done with the seven president's Hoover served under over his 47-year career, which is why Congress limited the term of future directors and created judicial oversight of the FBI by the FISA court.
In his Congressional testimony Comey swore the dossier was "salacious and unverifed", although the FBI and DOJ used the false evidence to present to the FISA court to obtain surveillance warrants on the Trump campaign in October 2016.
The Obama administration for the first time since the Watergate reforms of the 1970s successfully carried out what Richard Nixon attempted but failed to do - use the FBI and CIA to spy on, harass, and violate the civil rights of domestic political opponents. Comey did not inform Trump of the FISA surveillance on the Trump campaign and transition team - Carter Page, Paul Manafort, Michael Cohen, Mike Flynn and others, only the manufactured sexual innuendo by Hillary Clinton's hirelings. According to Comey, he acted on the instructions of Brennan and Clapper,  and not President Obama after the prior day's Oval Office meeting. "[T]he leaders of the intelligence community agreed [Trump] needed to be told about because we knew it and thought it was about to become public."
Clapper's illegal leak
James Clapper leaked details of the Clinton-Steele dossier to CNN’s Jake Tapper on or before January 6, 2017. Clapper briefed CNN on the dossier before FBI director James Comey briefed President-elect Trump.
Clapper then directed Comey to brief President-elect Trump on the dossier on January 6, 2017. From Comey’s memos: "I said there was something that Clapper wanted me to speak to the PE [President-Elect] about alone or in a very small group. I then executed the session exactly as I had planned." Comey specifically told President-elect Trump that “CNN had them and were looking for a news hook.” That CNN already had the dossier – and specifically wanted a rationale to publish – was Comey and Clapper's entire reasoning in briefing President-elect Trump. It was a set-up.
Clapper specifically instructed Comey to only brief President Trump on the “salacious details”. Comey’s briefing of President-elect Trump created the very excuse for CNN to run the story.An hour later CNN linked to BuzzFeed making the Clinton-Steele dossier public. The Clinton opposition research was broadcast to the public as some sort of official "intelligence report" with mysterious origins that the Obama administration was acting on. Simultaneously Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta was meeting secretly with FusionGPS boss Glenn Simpson. FusionGPS was paid $1,024,408 to create the false allegations. Trump responded
"I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state! … Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to ‘leak’ into the public. One last shot at me. Are we living in Nazi Germany?”Trump stated that he was not briefed on the full contents the Clinton-Steele dossier or its origins. NBC News independently verified Trump's account, as did FOX News. Clapper issued a press release moments later stating that he only now, that evening, not four days earlier on January 6, discussed the Clinton-Steele dossier with Trump.
Clapper lied to Congress about the illegal leak to CNN and was rewarded with a job contract from CNN.
Steele dossier a fraud
Jake Tapper reported that government sources confirmed it was the wrong "Michael Cohen" who allegedly travelled to Prague to pay the KGB to hack into the DNC as the Democrat talking points contend, further debunking the Steele dossier. Unauthorized FISA-702 search results were passed on to Christopher Steele by Nellie Ohr. Steele used dates and times from electronic surveillance which could be corroborated, then added a fictionalized narrative to give context in the Clinton-Steele dossier. The dossier was "laundered", then passed back to the FBI to create deniability that the so-called "evidence" did not originate within the FBI from illegal surveillance. Coming from outside the government, it was used as probable cause in their counterintelligence investigation. Evidence of the complete illegality of the Obama administration's scheme is in Dir. Comey's willful failure to notify the Congressional Gang of Eight of the operation.
The allegation against attorney Michael Cohen in the Steele dossier is solid evidence of the illegal activities of the Obama Justice Department, FBI, FusionGPS, Clinton campaign and DNC. The dossier alleges Cohen traveled to Prague in August or early September 2016 to meet with Russian government operatives.
Cohen's defence, that he has never been to Prague, is bolstered by other government sources that state the Steele dossier references a different "Michael Cohen" which could only have come from an illegal FISA 702 "About" search query. Someone entered the terms "Michael Cohen Travel" into a FISA database, and the search query returned the wrong Michael Cohen with the same year of birth.
Proof of laundering the illegal surveillance “search query” results came from that query which was actually a mistake. That mistaken result was passed on to Christopher Steele, and it made its way into the Clinton-Steele dossier. Absent of a FISA search, there’s no other way Christopher Steele could identify a random “Michael Cohen” traveling to Prague. The Cohen mistake created a trail from Christopher Steele to the FISA database. Mueller and Rosenstein later seized Cohen's evidence to cover-up FISA abuse.
Democrat collusion with Russia revealed
On January 13 Chuck Ross of the Daily Caller identified the group Hillary Clinton hired - FusionGPS, Christopher Steele's employer, and Glenn Simpson its founder - as the same group that colluded with Russia during the 2016 campaign to repeal Russian sanctions, the Magnitsky Act. Ross stated that part of Simpson’s work involved passing stories to his deep network of journalism contacts in order to undermine the law.
Flynn frame up
On February 9, 2016 the New York Times reported a fake news narrative that "Flynn is Said to Have Talked to Russians About Sanctions Before Trump Took Office," based upon material gathered by the FISA court warrant. Additionally, the leaking of Flynn's name is a felony.
FBI counterintelligence investigator Peter Strzok interviewed National Security Advisor Mike Flynn at the White House. Dir. Comey testified that while Flynn may have had some honest failures of recollection during the interview, Strzok concluded in his interview report (FBI form 302) that Flynn did not lie.
On February 11 an aide to Flynn was denied a security clearance, in effect, the CIA exercising veto power over the President's management of national security affairs. The action was unprecedented and without cause. Reports say the CIA did not like the aide's attitude toward the agency. “They believe this is a hit job from inside the CIA on Flynn and the people close to him," because the aide "believes that the CIA doesn’t run the world.”Unable to get his staff appointments, Flynn was unable to do his job, and resigned. Consortiumnews reported,
"Flynn’s real “offense” appears to be that he favors détente with Russia rather than escalation of a new and dangerous Cold War. Trump’s idea of a rapprochement with Moscow – and a search for areas of cooperation and compromise – has been driving Official Washington’s foreign policy establishment crazy for months and the neocons, in particular, have been determined to block it."
FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe altered Strzok's interview notes (302s) with Flynn and destroyed evidence. Special Counsel Robert Mueller used the tainted evidence to blackmail Flynn into offering a guilty plea for lying to Strzok, along with threats to prosecute Flynn's son.
Strzok was personal friends with FISA court Judge Rudy Contreras who heard the Flynn case. A year and a half after Strzok's interview with Flynn, Contreras accepted a guilty plea from Flynn. Five days after the plea, Judge Contreras was removed from the case days and a new judge began reviewing the evidence before sentencing.
Wiretapping Trump's Oval Office
On February 2, 2016 both Australia and the White House deny they were behind the leak of a phone conversation between Trump and the Australian prime minister which received widespread media reporting critical of President Trump. On February 6 Trump blamed ‘Obama people’ for leaking details of calls with foreign leaders.On February 16 at a press conference, Trump lashed back at the tapping of his Oval Office phone conversations with other heads of government. Trump says,
"I called, as you know, Mexico. It was a very, very confidential, classified call... I spoke to the president of Mexico; I had a good call. All of a sudden, it's out there for the world to see. It's supposed to be secret. It's supposed to be either confidential or classified, in that case. Same thing with Australia. All of a sudden, people are finding out exactly what took place [in a presidential Oval Office phone call]. The same thing happened with respect to General Flynn. Everybody saw this. And I'm saying -- the first thing I thought of when I heard about it is: How does the press get this information that's classified? How do they do it? You know why? Because it's an illegal process and the press should be ashamed of themselves. But more importantly, the people that gave out the information to the press should be ashamed of themselves, really ashamed."
Sen. John McCain is suspected of having access to the content of President Trump’s private, classified telephone calls with world leaders. Analysis of McCain’s public statements by White House officials indicate the senator has inside knowledge of a number of President Trump’s telephone conversations. White House officials believe McCain is sharing this sensitive information with other senators and mainstream media journalists in a clandestine campaign to damage Trump’s presidency before it has a chance to succeed. McCain, like John Brennan, was deeply involved in weapons transfer to jihadis who formed the Islamic State.Journalist Glenn Greenwald said on Democracy Now!,
"to urge that the CIA and the intelligence community empower itself to undermine the elected branches of government is insanity. That is a prescription for destroying democracy overnight in the name of saving it. And yet that’s what so many, not just neocons, but the neocons’ allies in the Democratic Party, are now urging and cheering. And it’s incredibly warped and dangerous to watch them do that."Politico reported
“Federal workers turn to encryption to thwart Trump...Whether inside the Environmental Protection Agency, within the Foreign Service, on the edges of the Labor Department or beyond, employees are using new technology … to organize letters, talk strategy, or contact media outlets and other groups to express their dissent...Fearing for their jobs, the employees began communicating incognito using the app Signal shortly after Trump’s inauguration...[T]he goal is to “create a network across the agency.” This may be an effort to evade Congressional oversight.
Journalist Ezra Klein's interview with Obama operative Evelyn Farkas was published on Vox. Farkas went on the record confirming her complicity and encouraging others to participate in the conspiracy. Former Rep. Dennis Kucinich said the Intelligence Community and the owner of the Washington Post were trying to influence US foreign policy.
Mike Cernovitch identified David Laufman as a source of national security leaks. Laufman is the DOJ's Chief of Counterintelligence. As chief, Laufman handled all classified information regarding espionage. Laufman is a donor to Barack Obama's campaigns. Laufman was in charge of the Hillary Clinton email investigation, and has the power to kill any investigation.
Breitbart reported that Obama's Organizing for Action was partnering with the Soros-funded Indivisible Project to disrupt the Trump agenda. Indivisible provides online training for mobs in the 'Resistance' movement. Indivisible claims to follow the Tea Party model rather than the Occupy Wall Street or Black Lives Matter. The Tea Party however is not known to have used or even encourage violence.
On March 15, 2016 FusionGPS's contract with the Washington FreeBeacon terminated after Marco Rubio dropped out of the Republican primaries. FreeBeacon hired FusionGPS six months earlier on October 15, 2015 to perform opposition research on Donald Trump and other Republican candidates. None of the research done for FreeBeacon is related to the Steele dossier or Russia.
Two weeks later Hillary Clinton hired FusionGPS through various fronts - the Clinton presidential campaign and the DNC - whose financial affairs the Clinton campaign controlled. Clinton's personal lawyer, Marc E. Elias, through the lawfirm of Perkins Coie paid FusionGPS. Perkins Coie also employs former Obama White House Counsel Robert Bauer. Simpson refused to identify his clients when subpeaonaed by the Senate Intelligence Committee. Perkins Coie paid FusionGPS a total of $1,024,408 on behalf of Hillary Clinton.
FusionGPS then hired Christopher Steele, a former British Intelligence Officer, of Orbis Business Intelligence (Steele's London-based firm) to begin compiling the Clinton-Steele dossier. Steele disclosed his period of employment with FusionGPS (12 Jun 2016 through 30 Oct 2016) in court filings stemming from a lawsuit against him and the dossier.
Throughout July, August, and Sept 2016 FusionGPS paid journalists from the New York Times, ABC, NBC, Washington Post and others to listen to Steele shop the fake Clinton-Steele dossier. Court papers confirm payments.
The Clinton campaign and DNC hired Fusion GPS to conduct ‘Opposition Research’, with a Russian emphasis. FEC records show Obama for America also paid $972,000 to Perkins Coie, the surrogate law firm for FusionGPS, beginning in April 2016. Mary Jacoby, wife of Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson, visited the White House at the same time FusionGPS was hired. FusionGPS then hired Nellie Ohr who specializes in Russian-centric counterintelligence. Nellie Ohr worked for both FusionGPS and CIA.
After being shut out by the FISA Compliance Audit, and contracted by the Clinton campaign, FusionGPS still needed a back-door to access continued FISA information. FusionGPS hired Russian expert Nellie Ohr, wife of DOJ Dep. AG Bruce Ohr. Nellie could use Bruce’s high level DOJ-NSD access to continue gathering FISA-702 data; and Nellie, Bruce and Simpson collaborated on other projects in the past.
Nellie collaborated with MI6 agent Christopher Steele to write the Steele dossier. In May 2016, Nellie Ohr’s husband Bruce inside the DOJ was working with FBI counterintelligence deputy Peter Strzok. In late May Nellie Ohr applied for a HAM radio license, a communication tool that would allow Nellie Ohr and Christopher Steele the ability to communicate outside the normal risk of communication intercepts. Steele filed his first report entitled Company Intelligence Report on June 20, 2016, the 'pee pee' memo. Days later Peter Strzok of the Obama FBI Counterintelligence Division met with Christopher Steele and received a preliminary draft of Steele's memo.
By June 2016 Peter Strzok, Bruce Ohr and DOJ Attorney Lisa Page applied for FISA approval against the Trump campaign, which was initially denied.
Natalia Veselnitskaya was granted special immigration parole status by Obama Attn. General Loretta Lynch to represent Prevezon Holdings to settle an asset forfeiture agreement for $6 million with the U.S. government in a Russia money-laundering suit on May 12, 2016. Veselnitskaya overstayed her immigration parole status while working for FusionGPS to engage in illegal lobbying for repeal of Russian sanctions. Neither Veselnitskaya nor FusionGPS registered as Russian agents under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).
On June 9, 2026 Rinat Akhmetshin and Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer who hired FusionGPS, and Ike Kaveladze met with Donald Trump Jr. and Jared Kushner. Glenn Simpson briefed Veselnitskaya hours before the meeting, and Simpson’s research in the form of a four-page memo carried by Veselnitskaya was used in the meeting. Veselnitskaya met again with Simpson immediately after the meeting.
In Simpson's Senate Intelligence Committee testimony, Simpson admitted that he was hired by Natalia Veselnitskaya. Simpson acknowledged that he either worked with or knows of four attendees at the Trump Tower meeting: Irakle Kaveladze, Veselnitskaya, Rinat Akhmetshin, and Anatoli Samochornov. Samochornov also worked on the Prevezon case.
In April 2018 Veselnitskaya stated Special Counsel Mueller has never attempted to contact her or interview her.
By late July 2017 there were calls all around for he appointment of a Special Prosecutor to look into Comey’s and the FBI’s reliance on FusionGPS in its investigation of the Trump campaign, including the creation of the Steele dossier about Donald Trump, that dossier’s commission and dissemination in the months before and after the 2016 presidential election, whether the FBI paid anyone connected to the dossier, and the intelligence sources of FusionGPS or any person or company working for FusionGPS and its affiliates.
On October 18, 2017 Peter Fritsch and Thomas Catan, co-founders of FusionGPS, refused to identify the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC as the sponsors of Steele dossier. The FusionGPS founders plead the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination “to every question asked of them" in House Intelligence Committee investigation. The Washington Post finally admitted on October 24 that the "Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee funded the research that resulted in a now-infamous dossier containing allegations about President Trump’s connections to Russia and possible coordination between his campaign and the Kremlin...The Clinton campaign paid Perkins Coie $5.6 million in legal fees from June 2015 to December 2016, according to campaign finance records, and the DNC paid the firm $3.6 million in “legal and compliance consulting’’ since November 2015. WaPo published an Oped claiming the "Steele's dossier does include information it says was obtained from "a senior Russian Foreign Ministry figure and a former top level Russian intelligence officer still active inside the Kremlin." In other words, the Clinton camp and the DNC colluded with the Russian government."
On October 26 CNN reported that Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta was asked by Congressional nvestigators in his September "whether the Clinton campaign had a contractual agreement with Fusion GPS, and he said he was not aware of one, according to one of the sources. Sitting next to Podesta during the interview: his attorney Marc Elias, who worked for the law firm that hired Fusion GPS" to write the Steele dossier for the Clinton campaign and DNC. Former Obama CIA Dir. Leon Panetta called for the Senate Intelligence Committee to look into the Clinton campaign and DNC funding of the Steele dossier. The Daily Caller reported on CNN's undisclosed ties to FusionGPS. The New York Post reported How team Hillary hoaxed the press.
FEC records show Hillary For America paid just under $5.1 million and the DNC paid nearly $5.4 million to the law firm of Perkins Coie in 2016. FEC records also Obama for America also paid $972,000 to Perkins Coie beginning in April 2016, the same time Hillary for America & DNC hired FusionGPS through Perkins Coie. The Campaign Legal Center filed a complaint with the FEC alleging the DNC and the 2016 Hillary Clinton presidential campaign committee violated campaign finance law. They failed to accurately disclose the purpose and recipient of payments for the Steele dossier alleging connections between then-candidate Donald Trump and Russia, effectively hiding these payments from public scrutiny, contrary to the requirements of federal law.
The Washington Times questioned the motives of the Obama appointees' coup attempt: "It was a watershed moment: the CIA, National Security Agency and FBI challenging the legitimacy of a U.S. presidential victory. The conclusions in the Jan. 6 document were sharp, but the findings unraveled 10 months later, raising questions about the basis for the evidence and the motives of the Obama appointees leading the nation’s intelligence and law enforcement agencies.
The Atlantic reported during the Obama administration Russian oligarchs owned 5% of Facebook and Twitter. Prof. Mifsud, an alleged Christopher Steele contact, disappeared. Steve Mostyn, Democrat mega donor to Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, was found dead of a gunshot wound to the head. Mostyn was a co-founder of the Ready for Hillary PAC and the 10th largest donor in the United States. Calls for the appointment of a Special Prosecutor mounted.
Department of Justice
In late June, after former Pres. Bill Clinton's meeting with Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch on the airport tarmac in Phoenix, the Justice Dept. sought FISA warrants to eavesdrop on Michael T. Flynn, Paul Manafort, Carter Page and George Papadopoulos (earlier reports listed Donald Trump, Carter Page, Paul Manafort and Boris Epshteyn). The FISA court denied the initial request. It is improbable that the Attorney General would act on her own against a presidential nominee of another party without consulting President Obama. Simultaneously FBI agent Peter Strzok had direct contact with Christopher Steele and received a preliminary draft of the Steele dossier.
Bruce G. Ohr held two titles at the Department of Justice: Associate Deputy Attorney General, a post that placed him four doors down from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein; and Director of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces (OCDETF), a program described by the department as “the centerpiece of the attorney general’s drug strategy.” Ohr was demoted in December 2017 when the Inspector General reported Ohr withheld from "superiors" his secret meetings in 2016 with Christopher Steele, author of the Steele dossier and Glenn Simpson, founder of Fusion GPS. Ohr did not disclose his wife Nellie Ohr's employment with FusionGPS either. Ohr initially retained his position as Director of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force.
In January 2018 Ohr was stripped of his directorship of OCDETF as well. Ohr was directly involved with Project Cassandra, the interagency investigation spearheaded by the DEA that tracked a massive international narcotics and money laundering scheme allegedly run by Hezbollah. The project and its potential prosecutions were sidelined by senior Obama administration officials who didn't want to upset Iran in the lead-up to the Iran nuclear deal in 2015. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement: "While I am hopeful that there were no barriers constructed by the last admission to allowing DEA agents to fully bring all appropriate cases under Project Cassandra, this is a significant issue for the protection of Americans. We will review these matters and give full support to investigations of violent drug trafficking organizations."
Bruce Ohr was the lynchpin between the Attorney General, the FBI and FusionGPS. Ohr’s wife Nellie worked for FusionGPS on the Clinton-Steele Dossier.On October 26, 2016 the FISA court issued a decision that revealed that the upper echelon of the FBI and others deliberately gave unlimited and unsupervised access to the most private raw FISA data to FusionGPS. NSA Dir. Mike Rogers personally informed the FISA court of the Obama administration's violations of Sec. 702(17) of the FISA Act (electronic surveillance of US citizens) after he suspected DOJ/FBI abuses and ordered a compliance audit. The FISA court noted that on March 9, 2016
“DOJ oversight personnel conducting a minimization review of the FBI’s *** [redacted] learned that the FBI had disclosed raw FISA information, including but not limited to Section 702-acquired information....certain *** [redacted] contractors had access to raw FISA information on FBI storage systems. ***[redacted] the ***[redacted] contractors had access to raw FISA information that went well beyond what was necessary to respond to the FBI’s requests.”According to the court, the
“FBI discontinued the above-described access to raw FISA information as of April 18, 2016.”The court continued, noting
“Restrictions were not in place with regard to the *** [redacted] contractors; their access was not limited to raw information for which the FBI sought assistance and access continued even after they had completed their work in response to an FBI request."Page 83 of the court ruling read, the
"FBI gave raw Section 702–acquired information to a private entity [FusionGPS] that was not a federal agency and whose personnel [Simpson, Steele, Nellie Ohr] were not sufficiently supervised by a federal agency for compliance minimization procedures [protecting the Fourth Amendment rights of US persons]."Footnote 68 of the court’s decision includes the statement that
“the government acknowledges that those disclosures were improper for other reasons.”In Footnote 69 the decision reads that
“improper access granted to the * * *[redacted] contractors . . . * * *[redacted] . . . seems to have been the result of deliberate decision-making. * * *[redacted] access to FBI systems was the subject of an interagency memorandum of understanding (presumably prepared or reviewed by FBI lawyers), no notice of this practice was given to the FISC until 2016.”
In the closed door hearing before the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, Obama administration lawyers admitted to routinely violating American citizens' privacy protections for the past five years. More than 5 percent, or one out of every 20 searches seeking upstream Internet data on Americans inside the NSA’s so-called Section 702 database violated the safeguards Obama and his intelligence chiefs vowed to follow in 2011.
Simultaneously with the October 2016 FISA court ruling Perkins Coie, the surrogate law firm acting on behalf of Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC, made a payment of $365,275.33 to FusionGPS.
Evelyn Farkas, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russia/Ukraine/Eurasia under Obama, told the Warsaw Security Forum that same day "if Donald Trump were elected I believe he would be impeached pretty quickly or somebody else would have to take over government. And I am not even joking." Farkas, who left government in Sept. 2015, later admitted to being the recipient of intelligence information on Donald Trump in the summer of 2016: "last summer I was getting winks and hints from inside that there was something really wrong here." At the forum Farkas discussed the rise of Trump from a purely domestic, partisan, political perspective and urged something must be done to counter the forces of nationalism and populism.
That same evening Peter Strzok and Lisa Page exchanged messages during the 2016 Presidential debates:
Strzok: I am riled up. Trump is a f***ing idiot, is unable to provide a coherent answer.
Strzok - I CAN'T PULL AWAY, WHAT THE F**K HAPPENED TO OUR COUNTRY (redacted)??!?!
Page-- I don't know. But we'll get it back. We're America. We rock.
Strzok-- Donald just said "bad hombres"Strzok-- Trump just said what the FBI did is disgraceful.
Glenn Simpson of FusionGPS and Bruce Ohr met while President-elect Trump is in the process of selecting his cabinet, and discussed the Clinton campaign's Steele dossier, the Russia meddling investigation, and what Simpson considered the distressing development of Trump’s victory. The Steele dossier had been in the hands of the FBI for some five months, and the surveillance on Carter Page had started more than two months prior. Attn Gen. Loretta Lynch used the opposition research paid for by Hillary Clinton to justify a foreign surveillance warrant (FISA) against Page.
Killing has made John Brennan insane. To cover his crimes, and continue his abuse of power, Brennan masterminded the Trump-Russia collusion hoax. Brennan previously hacked the U.S. State Department, the Senate Intelligence oversight committee, was in charge of the CIA torture program, was in charge of an Obama enemies list program targeting journalists, was a major player in Obama's disastrous Arab Spring policy that brought about the European migrant crisis, and took credit for orchestrating the Trump-Russia investigation through his network of outside the contiguous United States "lures" (SpyGate).
After the Democrat administration was voted out of office, Brennan used his national security clearance for personal gain as an NBC News consultant, and threatened the President of the United States and Congress on several occasions.
A man who tried to rig an election, remove a democratically elected president, killed some 4,700 people in drone strikes - 600 of which were innocents - hacked into the U.S. State Department and his Senate overseers, and as the Snowden revelations reveal, is capable of wiretapping and blackmailing the President, Supreme Court Justices, Members of Congress and journalists, is capable of anything.
Department of State
Samantha Power is the wife of Obama’s initial regulatory Czar, Cass Sunstein. Power is the author of the Obama Doctrine, referred to as R2P (Responsibility to Protect) through "humanitarian interventionism". Power has advocated a U.S. military invasion of Israel under her theories to "protect" Palestinian terrorists. After spending Obama’s first term in the White House as a foreign policy adviser and the key architect behind collapsing the nation of Libya with ensuing chaos, Obama rewarded Power with the post of U.N. Ambassador. Samantha Power was the primary decision maker behind Obama's interventionist entry into the Libya war. It was Power, along with Susan Rice and Hillary Clinton, who led the framework of the Libyan uprising, specifically Obama's military aid and support for al-Qaeda in Benghazi.
Throughout election year 2016 Samantha Power, via her State Department office, was unmasking names from the DOJ/FBI conspiracy team’s FISA(702) searches, and FISA(Title-1) surveillance results. After discovery, she claimed in 2017 someone else was using her database access.
- Main article: FISA abuse
On April 18, 2017 CNN finally admitted that the FBI used the bogus Steele dossier to obtain FISA warrants. What's more, both the FBI & the Clinton campaign paid Steele to write the opposition research attacks.
The bogus document has been cited by FBI Dir. Comey in some of his briefings to members of Congress in recent weeks, as one of the sources of information the bureau used to bolster its investigation.
The bogus evidence also was presented to the FISA court to win approval to surveillance on Carter Page. Page commented, "I look forward to the Privacy Act of 1974 lawsuit that I plan to file in response to the civil rights violations by Obama administration appointees last year. The discovery process will be of great value to the United States, as our nation hears testimony from them under oath, and we receive disclosure of the documents which show what exactly was done in 2016."
Cause of Action (CoA), a watchdog group, filed suit seeking records on the relationship between the FBI and Christopher Steele, author of the Steele dossier. "According to a news report, Mr. Steele entered an agreement with the FBI a few weeks before the November 2016 election to investigate then-candidate Donald Trump while, at the same time, he was employed by an opposition research firm to collect information for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton."
On April 20 Americans for Limited Government president Rick Manning called for Comey's firing: “The FBI’s incredible incompetence and outright complicity with the politicization of government spying removes the last shred of credibility that Director James Comey has and he needs to either resign or be fired. The failure to even secure and independently examine the DNC server while relying on the self-serving innuendo by the DNC’s computer consultant CrowdStrike for verification is unbelievable. But their reliance on an easily disprovable political hit piece dossier to get a FISA warrant against Carter Page, paid for by Democrat supporters of Hillary Clinton and produced by the private firm Fusion GPS, to attempt to undermine the Trump campaign in 2016 effort is inexcusable."
On April 21 Landmark Legal Foundation filed an Amicus brief with the FISA court. Landmark submitted that the Obama administration "abused the judicial process, placing the integrity of this Court and the constitutional rights of individuals at risk." Landmark asks the Court to examine:
1. Have this Court’s order or orders been used by intelligence and law enforcement entities of the federal government as a subterfuge to surveil private citizens and at least one United States Senator for political purposes?
2. Did government officials seek one or more national security surveillance warrants from this Court as a pretext to conduct an investigation for the purpose of affecting an ongoing national presidential campaign and subsequent transition of an incoming president?
3. When applying to this Court for one or more warrants in this matter, did the FBI inform this Court that it had apparently paid some of the expenses of a former British spy who prepared the dossier reportedly relied on, in whole or part, in its application to convince this Court to issue a warrant, and that it had apparently negotiated to make further payments to the former British spy, which efforts were ultimately unsuccessful?4. When applying to this Court for one or more warrants in this matter, did the FBI inform this Court that the dossier it reportedly presented in pursuit of one or more warrants had originally been prepared by the former British spy for a Washington research firm conducting opposition research against the Republican nominee for president, candidate Donald Trump?
On April 22 the New York Times reported that the FBI offered to pay Christopher Steel $50,000 if Steele could corroborate anything in the Steele dossier. A document revealed that Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch instructed FBI Dir. Comey to cover-up the Hillary Clinton investigation.
By April 23 it was obvious CIA Director John Brennen was indeed the first Obama administration official to handle the bogus evidence produced by Democrats to sick the US intelligence gathering apparatus on Trump with the intention to defeat him. The side that actually colluded with foreign powers was that of Hillary Clinton. Brennan’s goal was obvious, to retain his position as CIA director under Hillary Clinton. Brennan utilized false intelligence as an excuse to set up a multi-agency investigation into Donald Trump. This led the FBI to conduct a search on a computer server connected to Trump Tower, giving Susan Rice and other Clinton supporters a shield in order to spy on Trump’s people. CIA acting under John Brennan leaked to the press that this investigation would be happening. His hope was to cause as much political damage to Trump’s campaign as possible. An official within the intelligence community explained that Brennan’s entourage of radicals didn’t even try to hide what they were doing.
Senate Intelligence Committee
- See also: Uni-party
Unlike the House and Senate Judiciary Committees and the House Intelligence Committee (Goodlatte, Grassley and Nunes) - the Senate Intelligence Committee (Burr-Warner) is known for its bipartisan corruption and has not been investigating Obama DOJ/FBI abuses or the Russia collusion hoax. Ranking Democrat Mark Warner remains in contact with Christopher Steele through Adam Waldman, an agent of a Russian oligarch. A senior staffer of former Ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein, Dan Jones, has become FusionGPS's new employer.
In June 2018, James A. Wolfe, a 30-year Senior staffer as Director of Security of the Senate Intelligence Committee, was arrested and charged with leaking to three reporters on multiple occasions between December 2015 and December 2017. Wolfe leaked the Carter Page FISA application and identity of Carter Page in March 2017 to reporter Ali Watkins.
Attorneys for Wolfe sent letters to all 15 senators on the Committee, notifying them that their testimony may be sought as part of Wolfe’s defense. Wolfe, who faces the lesser charge of lying to the FBI rather than the more serious charge of leaking classified national security information, may have told the FBI he was acting on instructions of Senators when he leaked the Carter Page FISA application in March 2017.
The FISA application includes the false allegation that Page had been recruited by Russian intelligence in 2013. In fact, Page reported the recruitment attempt to the FBI and worked as a paid informant for the FBI to secure convictions of the Russian spies. The Obama Justice Department lied to the FISA court in October 2016 alleging Page was an "an agent of a foreign power," and hid Page's past work for the FBI in helping secure convictions of Russian spies.
The March 2017 leak of the Carter Page FISA warrant application was intended to a perpetuate the myth of the Trump-Russia collusion hoax, implying the same lies to the American public that the Obama administration foisted on the FISA court - that there was some legitimate basis to the Trump-Russia investigation. The fraud that the Steele dossier was a legitimate U.S. government intelligence product, and not Hillary Clinton cash-for-trash, was still widely hammered by mainstream media and Democrat propaganda.
The Security Director of the Senate Intelligence Committee (SSCI), James Wolfe, leaked the FISA application on Carter Page to his journalist girlfriend, Ali Watkins of BuzzFeed. Ms. Watkins then reported on elements within the application that applied to Carter Page. This seeded the media for subsequent stories.
Journalist Devlin Barrett was the recipient of leaks from Lisa Page in late October 2016 on instructions from Andrew McCabe, to refute charges of corruption in the various Clinton investigations days before the election. The pattern in April is the same: the leaks tried to spin a narrative favorable to the FBI's objectives on the dictates of Andrew McCabe. McCabe later was fired for lying under oath multiple times and faces criminal prosecution related to the October 2016 leaks.
The April leak attempted to paint Carter Page, and by extension the Trump administration, as an agent of the Kremlin. The FISA warrant itself used the same technique - the FBI knew Carter Page was not a Russian agent. Carter Page was on the FBI payroll as a paid informant and helped secure a conviction of a Russian agent in early 2016. Nonetheless, the FBI used Carter Page's contact with the Russian agent to lie to the FISA court and claim Page was a Russian agent without informing the court that Page wore a wire, secured a conviction for the FBI, was paid, and publicly thanked. The FBI further leaked the bogus narrative to Michael Isikoff of Yahoo News, and hoaxed the court into believing the Yahoo News article was independent corroboration of their own investigation. Here too in April 2017 we see the same elaborate deceptive echo chamber to a wider audience and a more focused nation, attempting to tarnish Trump's first 100 days in office.
- 1 March. New York Times reports "In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House official have scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald Trump and Russians — across the government. "Low level" leaks of "Russian hacking" plagued the Executive Branch and among Congressional staffers with fake news since early January. This is commonly known as Obama's amendments to E.O. 12333.
- Daily Mail reports Valerie Jarrett moves into Barack and Michelle Obama's DC home, the "nerve center of the mounting insurgency against" Donald Trump. "Obama's goal, according to a close family friend, is to oust Trump from the presidency."
- 2 March. Tash Gauhar involved in Sessions recusal discussions; Sundance remarks
the DOJ/FBI lawyer at the heart of the Clinton-email investigation; the DOJ/FBI lawyer hired by Eric Holder at his firm and later at the DOJ; the DOJ/FBI lawyer who was transferred to the Clinton probe; the DOJ/FBI lawyer at the epicenter of the Weiner laptop issues, the only one from MYE who spoke to New York; the DOJ/FBI lawyer who constructs the FISA applications on behalf of Main Justice;…. just happens to be the same DOJ/FBI lawyer recommending to AG Jeff Sessions that he recuse himself.
- Comey testifies to a closed session of the House Intelligence Committee that, while Flynn may have had some honest failures of recollection during his FBI interview, Strzok who questioned him concluded that he did not lie.
- 3 March. Adam Lovinger noted,
“There has never been an external review of these contractors’ [e.g. Stefan Halper ] research products…It is now clear that over several decades the office [ONA] transferred millions of dollars to inexperienced and unqualified contractors.”<refI>https://dailycaller.com/2017/09/27/exclusive-chelsea-clintons-best-friends-defense-company-got-11-mil-in-contracts-but-doesnt-have-federal-security-clearance/</ref>
- 4 March. Trump exposes Obama illegal surveillance. Trump sends out several tweets: "Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!; "How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"; "I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!"; "Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!"; "Just out: The same Russian Ambassador that met Jeff Sessions visited the Obama White House 22 times, and 4 times last year alone." Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau parses Obama response, "I'd be careful about reporting that Obama said there was no wiretapping. Statement just said that neither he nor the WH ordered it."
- 5 March. James Clapper exonerates Trump of collusion with Russia; Progressive media begins backtracking on innuendo and slurs in Trump-Russia conspiracy theory.
- Wikileaks releases list of Obama wiretaping targets.
- 6 March. Judiciary Committee Chair Sen. Grassley inquires of the FBI's plan to pay FusionGPS operative for spying on Trump during the campaign, sparking questions of Obama administration’s use of federal authorities for political gain.
- Daily Caller reports Tony Podesta was paid $170,000 over a six-month period in 2016 to represent Sberbank, Russia’s largest bank, seeking to end one of the Obama administration’s sanctions against that country. Podesta, founder and chairman of the Podesta Group, is listed as a key lobbyist on behalf of Sberbank, according to Senate lobbying disclosure forms. His firm received more than $24 million in fees in 2016, much of it coming from foreign governments, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.Robby Mook, Hillary Clinton's 2016 Presidential election campaign manager told Fox News he knew of electronic surveillance on Trump during the campaign and was told by US intelligence. Mook is not a government employee and had no right to access of that information.
- 7 March. Steele and Bruce Ohr exchange emails:
Steele: Would it be possible to speak later today please? We’re very concerned by the Grassley letter and it’s possible implications for us, our operations and our sources. We need some reassurance. Many thanks
Ohr: Sure: Would 130 today, DC time. work?
Steele: Yes thanks it would. Sorry to bother you so early but I know you’ll appreciate why we are concerned.
- Cause of Action Institute files FOIA request with the FBI regarding money paid to Christopher Steele, author of the Steele dossier. “If a former spy who was being paid to do opposition research on a U.S. presidential nominee was also on the FBI’s payroll, there are serious concerns about the agency’s independence. We need to better understand this financial relationship to ensure the FBI was not misusing taxpayer money to interfere in a presidential election on behalf of one of the candidates.”
- Sens. Lindsey Graham and Sheldon Whitehouse of the Senate Crime and Terrorism Subcommittee request of Director Comey warrant applications and court orders related to wiretapping of Donald Trump and associates. Google, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung react to Vault 7 revelations.
- Sen. Tom Cotton of the Senate Intelligence Committee confirms Mike Flynn was wiretapped and reveals that he is aware of the agency that surveilled him. Also, he is aware of which agency leaked the transcript of the phone call between Mike Flynn and Sergei Kislyak and suggests it is the Department of Justice.
- Adam Waldman texts Mark Warner:
Adam Waldman - https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/
- 8 March. Mark Warner and Adam Waldman exchange emails on WikiLeaks latest Vault 7 release; the Assange immunity negotiation evidently is not going well:
Mark Warner - Want to connect think there may be more to come
Adam Waldman - There is more to come. Just tell me where and when
Adam Waldman - Mark your office scheduled dinner for 18th. If you want to meet sooner too glad to do it. If you want to meet BB [Bill Browder?] I will arrange it.
- 9 March. Comey Go8 briefing. Comey meets with House and Senate Congressional leaders, and leaders of House and Senate Intelligence Committees, Sens. McConnell, Schumer, Burr, Warner, and Reps. Paul Ryan, Pelosi, Nunes and Shiff (the "gang of eight"). Justice Dept. official responds 'no comment' when asked by the New York Times to confirm Trump isn't under investigation. Comey did not inform the Go8 of FISA surveillance on the Trump administration which, by law, he is required to do.
- Adam Waldman and Mark Warner exchange texts (3:49pm):
Adam Waldman - DOJ called me today; we will talk at 530.
Mark Warner - Talk to me
- 11 March. Adam Waldman texts Mark Warner:
Adam Waldman - Ps On the question discussed, they [DOJ] already are aware. I have had lots of other dealings with DOJ relating to my Rus client [Deripaska].
Mark Warner - Ok great
- 14 March. TruePundit reports,
days before Gen. Michael Flynn was sacked as national security advisor, FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe gathered more than a dozen of his top FBI disciples to plot how to ruin Flynn’s aspiring political career and manufacture evidence to derail President Donald Trump, according to FBI sources.
McCabe, the second highest ranking FBI official, emphatically declared at the invite-only gathering with raised voice: “F*** Flynn and then we F*** Trump,” according to direct sources.
This was one of several such meetings held in seclusion among key FBI leaders since Trump was elected president, FBI sources confirm. At the congregation where McCabe went off the political rails and vowed to destroy Flynn and Trump, there were as many as 16 top FBI officials, inside intelligence sources said. No lower-level agents or support personnel were present.
...Days after the McCabe tirade, Flynn was forced to resign. That was no coincidence. ...
Part of the plan hatched at that gathering was to make sure Flynn’s wiretapped conversations were leaked to the media, FBI and intelligence sources said.
...James Comey did not attend these private meetings of his interoffice revolutionaries, sources said, though he was aware of the gatherings yet did not discourage them or McCabe’s inflammatory and dangerous rhetoric. ...
...The FBI’s secret plan to ruin Flynn worked. And fast. Flynn is long gone. Now they can focus on ruining President Trump. ...
...McCabe’s dictatorial tone ruffled a number of agents at FBI headquarters who still believe the mission of the bureau is not to wage clandestine warfare against the sitting president and his administration....
Dr. Jill McCabe was a Virginia state senate candidate in 2015. Longtime Clinton family consigliere and Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, sent her approximately $675,000 to fund the Democrat hopeful’s campaign coffers. Dr. McCabe, a physician, is married to the FBI deputy director. Mrs. McCabe is a registered Democrat. FBI agents who work with McCabe say he and his wife were both staunch Hillary Clinton supporters.
According to one FBI insider, the McAuliffe-generated campaign funds may have ultimately bought Clinton some strategic breathing room.
“McCabe was one of the few people who backed Comey’s decision not to refer Hillary Clinton to the Justice Department for indictment,” a FBI source said of the July 2016 decision not to refer Clinton for criminal charges for violating email and document safeguards for classified and Top Secret national security intelligence. “McCabe and Comey are both lawyers. They aren’t street agents. They’re more political. We wanted her (Clinton) indicted. They did not.”
Gov. McAuliffe has been an important Clinton family insider for decades. During Bill Clinton’s presidential candidacy and subsequent reelection, McAuliffe often spearheaded investigations into Clinton critics and helped silence women who alleged Bill Clinton harassed or sexually assaulted them, sources said.
Ironically, McAuliffe is currently under investigation by the FBI for alleged campaign-related finance infractions.
McAuliffe’s contributions to Dr. McCabe’s campaign match the exact time frame of the FBI’s parallel Clinton investigation. No contributions were made prior to the FBI’s probe of Clinton. McCabe was overseeing personnel decisions, including assigning agents to the Clinton investigation team, at the FBI’s Washington D.C.’s field office when his wife began her 2015 campaign. His wife lost the election after spending an estimated $1.8 million on the senate run. Three months later, Comey promoted McCabe to FBI Deputy Director in February 2016. The promotion helped fill a very large void created by the retirement of John Giacalone, who was the supervisor of the bureau’s National Security Branch and also the FBI brains and genesis behind the Clinton email and private server investigation. Since the inception of the case, Giacalone had spearheaded the Clinton investigation, and helped hand select top agents who were highly skilled but also discreet. Many of those agents were concerned when Giacalone abruptly resigned in the middle of the investigation.
FBI insiders said Giacalone used the term “sideways” to describe the direction the Clinton probe had taken in the bureau. Giacalone lamented privately he no longer had confidence in the direction the investigation was headed. He felt it was simpler to quietly step aside, walk away instead of fight to keep the investigation on its proper track. Giacalone was a true heavyweight agent at FBI. In fact, he likely should have been running the entire show. His pedigree included running and creating FBI divisions in New York, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and even serving as deputy commander in the Iraqi theater of operations. But in the midst of the Clinton investigation, Giacalone handed the bureau his retirement papers in February 2016.
The day after Giacalone’s departure, Comey tapped McCabe to help oversee the ongoing Clinton case and personally serve “as the eyes and ears” for Comey, sources confirmed. Since early July 2016, Comey has come under intense fire from critics and the majority of Americans who believe he granted Clinton a get-out-of-jail-free card by refusing to refer the case to the Justice Department for a probable slam-dunk indictment on at least one of potential dozens of criminal charges.
...personal and political philosophies have crept into the FBI and commandeered the bureau’s powerful reach and resources to tamper with law-abiding White House personnel, including the president. That’s called public corruption, a crime the FBI is tasked with investigating.
Just like it “investigated” $700,000 in donations from the Clinton family to the wife of the FBI’s deputy director who, during the exact time frame was tasked with overseeing the investigation of Hillary Clinton. She ultimately was never charged with any crime and McCabe received a FBI promotion...
- 15 March. Comey briefs Sens. Grassley & Feinstein of the Senate Judiciary Committee. "That briefing addressed the Russia investigation, the FBI’s relationship with Mr. Steele, and the FBI’s reliance on Mr. Steele’s dossier in two applications it filed for surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA)."
- On the subject of Gen. Flynn, Grassley recounts:
Director Comey specifically told us during that briefing that the FBI agents who interviewed Lt. General Michael Flynn, “saw nothing that led them to believe [he was] lying.” Our own Committee staff’s notes indicate that Mr. Comey said the “agents saw no change in his demeanor or tone that would say he was being untruthful.”
Contrary to his public statements during his current  book tour denying any memory of those comments, then-Director Comey led us to believe during that briefing that the agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe he intentionally lied about his conversation with the Ambassador and that the Justice Department was unlikely to prosecute him for false statements made in that interview. In the months since then, the Special Counsel obtained a guilty plea from Lt. General Flynn for that precise alleged conduct.
- 16 March. Adam Waldman texts Mark Warner:
Adam Waldman - Chris Steele asked me to call you.Warner keeps the contacts hidden from Senate colleagues until October 2017.
- Dan Coats confirmed as new DNI, James Clapper's replacement.
- 17 March. From the Grassley Memo:
the Chairman and Ranking Member were provided copies of the two relevant FISA applications, which requested authority to conduct surveillance of Carter Page. Both relied heavily on Mr. Steele’s dossier claims, and both applications were granted by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC).
- Carter Page FISA warrant application leaked to BuzzFeed and the New York Times. Several major mainstream news organizations are now in possession of the facts - the Steele dossier is paid opposition research and unverified, and the DOJ and FBI used Steele's reporting to corroborate himself to hoax the FISA court to surveil team Trump. The media now are complicit in spreading the fake news Trump-Russia conspiracy theory.
- From the Wolfe indictment of June 7, 2018:
On or about March 17, 2017, the [Carter Page FISA application] was transported to the Senate Select Committee. The [Carter Page FISA application] contained both SECRET and TOP SECRET information, including SECRET-level information regarding the identity and activities of the individual referred to in this Indictment as Male-1 [Carter Page]. As Director of Security, Wolfe received, maintained, and managed the [Carter Page FISA application] on behalf of the [Senate Select Committee on Intelligence]...
Wolfe exchanged 82 text messages with Watkins, and that evening engaged in a 28-minute phone call with her.
- The October 21, 2016 Carter Page FISA warrant application is 83 pages long, including one final signatory page. Wolfe photographed 82 pages and texted them to Watkins. The warrant supposedly was based on "American intelligence."
- Watkins is Ali Watkins [Reporter 2] of Buzzfeed, the New York Times, and Politico in the Wolfe indictment.
- Wolfe is James Wolfe of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI), served 30 years from May 1987 to December 2017 as Director of Security. Wolfe was responsible for receiving, maintaining, and managing all classified information provided to the SSCI by the Executive Branch. Wolfe was indicted June 7, 2018.
- Wolfe regularly met clandestinely in person, and communicated, with Reporter #2 [Ali Watkins], with Reporter #3 [probably Marianna Sotomayor of NBC], and with other reporters, in places where the substance of their communications was unlikely to be detected by others, including secluded areas of the Hart Senate Office Building, restaurants and bars, and private residences.
- Reporter 1 is probably Devlin Barrett of the Washington Post (Manu Raju is a second possibility). Wolfe had been in communication with Reporter 1 since December 2015. During Wolfe's interview, FBI agents showed Wolfe a copy of a news article authored by three reporters, including Reporter #1, about an individual referred to as “Male-1" [Carter Page], that contained classified information that had been provided to the SSCI by the Executive Branch for official purposes. The article, FBI Obtained FISA Warrant to Monitor Former Trump Adviser Carter Page, read
"The court documents in that spy case only identify Page as “Male 1.’’ Officials familiar with the case said that “Male 1’’ is Page."
- Wolfe was indicted on the lesser charge of lying to the FBI and not the more serious charge of leaking national security information, indicating that Wolfe is cooperating in an investigation of one or more of his superiors - a Senator or Senators serving on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence - who may have authorized Wolfe to leak information perpetuating the Russia collusion hoax.
- 18 March. Steele emails Bruce Ohr two days before Comey slated to testify:
“Hi! Just wondering if you had any news? Obviously, we’re a bit apprehensive given scheduled appearance at Congress on Monday. Hoping that important firewalls will hold. Many thanks."
- Byron York in the Washington Examiner debunks Hillary Clinton and mainstream media fake news reporting that Trump "gutted" the RNC platform in favor of Putin.
- 19 March. DNI Clapper denies wiretapping Trump on Meet the Press.
- Federal judge denies motion to dismiss case brought by former CBS anchor Sharyl Attkisson against Eric Holder and other Obamagate conspirators. Attkisson reported on Operation Fast and Furious, the Benghazi massacre coverup, and exposed the hoax reporting of Hillary Clinton landing under sniper fire. For this she was wiretaped and resigned from CBS. In her Best Seller, Stonewalled: One Reporter's Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama's Washington, Attkisson details her story. The judge transferred the case allowing it to go forward.
- 20 March. Comey public testimony. James Comey finally confirms to Congress the Trump team and Donald Trump were and are now under counterintelligence investigation.
"I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts. As with any counterintelligence investigation, this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed."Comey withheld three quarterly required notifications to Congress under the advise and consent clause that the Obama administration was violating the Fourth Amendment and surveiling American citizens under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
- Comey admits to Congress he intentionally withheld notification to the Gang of Eight (Congressional oversight board) of a counter-intelligence investigation that began in July 2016 citing recommendation of Bill Priestap, Asst. Director of Counter Intelligence. Priestap is married to Sabina Menshell a self-employed “consultant” with a donor history to Hillary Clinton and other Democrats.
- Comey testified that he did not fulfill his statutory requirement to report to congressional oversight that he was investigating presidential candidate Donald Trump for nine months because the FBI Director of Counterintelligence, Bill Priestap, suggested he not do so.
- Comey confirms Barack Obama, Loretta Lynch, Sally Yates, Susan Rice, John Brennan, and James Clapper all had access to sensitive wiretap information which contained the name of Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn. Comey was uncertain if Ben Rhodes, a National Security Council aide, had access. Leaking to the press the identity of Flynn is a felony because the information was part of a confidential intelligence gathering operation and the information had been “masked” to protect Flynn's identity.
- Dir. Comey was further asked about purported claims Russia hacked into DNC servers: “Well, we never got direct access to the machines themselves...The DNC in the spring of 2016 hired a firm [CrowdStrike] that ultimately shared with us their forensics from their review of the system.” Dir. Rogers also stated the NSA never asked for access to the DNC hardware: “The NSA didn’t ask for access. That’s not in our job.”
- Comey says classified leaks to the media have been "unusually active" recently.
- Comey says Obama's White House had the ability to "unmask" American citizens.
- NSA Dir. Rogers tells Congress unmasking individuals endangers national security.
- Chairman Nunes asked anyone with information about the matters before the committee to come forward.
- President Trump took to Twitter using the White House @POTUS account unlike the March 4 tweets made from his personal user account. The President tweeted: FBI Director Comey refuses to deny he briefed President Obama on calls made by Flynn to Russia.
- 22 March. Chairman Devin Nunes travels to the Eisenhower Executive Office Building (EEOB) Information Facility to review to review White House SCIF material, most likely Obama's PDB made accessible by DNI Coats in the White House facility. Nunes reported the intelligence product he reviewed was “not related to Russia, or the FBI Russian counter-intelligence investigation”. Nunes stated he has been provided intelligence reports brought to him by unnamed sources that include ‘significant information’ about President-Elect Trump and his transition team.
- Attorney for Freedom Watch representing a whistleblower sends letter to Chairman Nunes imploring the Intelligence Committee to investigate allegations and evidence his client presented that "spy agencies were engaged for years in systematic illegal surveillance on prominent Americans, including the chief justice of the Supreme Court, other justices, 156 judges, prominent businessmen such as Donald Trump... Working side by side with Obama's former Director of National Intelligence (DNI), James Clapper, and Obama's former Director of the CIA, John Brennan," his client "witnessed 'up close and personal' this 'Orwellian Big Brother' intrusion on privacy, likely for potential coercion, blackmail or other nefarious purposes." Further, that "the FBI director recently claimed publicly, I believe falsely, that there is ‘no evidence’ of surveillance on President Trump and those around him by the Obama administration."
- After briefing the President on new whistleblower information the House Intelligence Committee chairman confirmed "on numerous occasions, the intelligence community incidentally collected information about U.S. citizens involved in the Trump transition. Details about U.S. persons associated with the incoming administration, details with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value, were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting. None of this surveillance was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities."
- Susan Rice tells PBS, “I know nothing about this…I really don’t know to what Chairman Nunes was referring,” and denies any spying took place.
- Two days after Dir. Comey's extraordinary testimony, Chairman Nunes reveals the FBI and other agencies are stonewalling Congressional investigation of illegal Obama administrations leaks.
- 23 March. Devin Nunes revealed that some of the Trump Team's conversations had been spied upon. National Security expert and journalist Bill Gertz who has lectured on defense, national security, and media issues at the Defense Department’s National Security Leadership Program, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, the FBI National Academy, the National Defense University, and the CIA reported it is possible "Nunes himself was among those whose communications were improperly monitored."
- Mark Warner texts Adam Waldman:
Mark Warner - Need to coordinate date for trip can u talk with my scheduler also want to discuss Paul [Manafort?]
- US Justice Dept. sued under Freedom of Information Act to disclose all documents related to Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch's secret meeting with Bill Clinton on board the Attn. Gen.'s plane at the Phoenix airport prior to the wiretapping of Trump campaign associates.
- Russian hacking further discredited.
- Famed Journalist Bob Woodward labels' Obama actions a gross violation and possibly criminal. Under the rules the name of a US citizen who is wiretaped during a foreign intelligence surveillance operation is to be 'minimized', and in transcripts their identity is to be 'masked'. Only 20 persons in the Intelligence Community have the ability to 'unmask' a US citizen's name who in incidentally caught up in a foreign intelligence gathering operation.
- 24 March. Sen. Grassley demands more information on the funding of the Steele dossier. "When political opposition research becomes the basis for law enforcement or intelligence efforts, it raises substantial questions about the independence of law enforcement and intelligence from politics."
- Nunes says he will recall Dirs. Comey and Rogers for private hearing after concern is raised over their public testimony.
- Kucinich calls for Comey's recusal from investigation.
- Comey makes late afternoon unscheduled, unannounced one hour meeting at White House with President Trump.
- Adam Waldman responds to Mark Warner's text yesterday:
Adam Waldman - Sure just ask scheduler to call on 202[redacted]. And please call re PM [Paul Manafort?] whenever you are up.
- 25 March. Mark Warner and Adam Waldman exchange texts:
Mark Warner - Thanks is late for u but much to discuss had many meetings today
Adam Waldman - Let's talk today.
Adam Waldman - Deripaska is in London Monday-Thursday and I might be able to arrange a mtg w him too if you wish. I discussed it with him and he seemed interested.
- NSA whistleblower Bill Binney corroborates massive domestic spying on Supreme Court, Joint Chiefs of Staff, House, Senate, and White House.
- palmerreport.com posts article, "Report: judge-granted FISA warrant defined Donald Trump as a Russian agent of influence. Trump, Manafort, Page, and Boris Epshteyn named in FISA warrant". The article was widely circulated but deleted after the Washington Post reported on April 11 a FISA warrant was issued for Page, and after MSNBC’s Joy Reid tweeted, “Source: Carter Page isn’t the only Trump campaign ally who was the subject of a FISA warrant. A second target was recorded also. Tick tock”. Rumors are Epshteyn is SOURCE E in the Steele dossier, and he was abruptly fired from the White House March 25 because he unwittingly set Trump up by talking with Steele who gained his confidence and authored the "pee pee memo" using Epshteyn as an insider source to give the dossier in some quarters veracity.
- 26 March. Mark Warner and Adam Waldman exchange texts:
Mark Warner - Really need to set date things r really going to pick upSteele wanted a bipartisan letter from Sens. Burr and Warner rather than indulge Mark Warner's effort at witness tampering.
Adam Waldman - Standing Steele by to do it. Awaiting call from your scheduler and also the letter he would like they we discussed. And have second interesting thing to raise. Pls call when you're up.
- 27 March. Mark Warner and Adam Waldman exchange texts:
Mark Warner - we want to do this right private in London don't want to send letter yet cuz if we can't get agreement wud rather not have paper trail
Adam Waldman - That makes sense. Glad to keep trying to intermediate and see if I can convince him [Steele] to speak with you directly. At the moment he seems spooked. No pun intended.
- In an attack on Chairman Nunes, Louise Mensch now gives the names of the four individuals whom the FISA warrant was denied in July 2016, emphasizing the new cover story to justify the wiretaps, not as political spying, but against "unwitting" foreign "agents of influence." This may give legal cover for using foreign intelligence apparatus for domestic spying, but does not justify the criminal civil rights violations in leaking an American citizens name "incidentally" caught up in a foreign intelligence gathering operation. Instead, Mensch accuses Nunes of leaking information about FBI and NSA surveillance operations.
- 28 March. Limited immunity deal reached between Adam Waldman and the DOJ's David Laufman for Julian Assange. The text of the deal reads:
"Subject to adequate and binding protections, including but not limited to an acceptable immunity and safe passage agreement, Mr. Assange welcomes the opportunity to discuss with the U.S. government risk mitigation approaches relating to CIA documents in WikiLeaks’ possession or control, such as the redaction of agency personnel in hostile jurisdictions and foreign espionage risks to WikiLeaks staff.Not included in the written proffer was an additional offer from Assange: He was willing to discuss technical evidence ruling out certain parties in the controversial leak of Democratic Party emails to WikiLeaks during the 2016 election. "Mr. Assange offered to provide technical evidence and discussion regarding who did not engage in the DNC releases," Waldman told John Solomon writing in The Hill. "Finally, he offered his technical expertise to the U.S. government to help address what he perceived as clear flaws in security systems that led to the loss of the U.S. cyber weapons program." Comey nixes the deal - Russia hacking the DNC narrative intact.
Derived directly from this discussion of risk mitigation, Mr. Assange is also prepared to discuss (within the source protection boundaries expected of a journalist and publisher operating at the highest level of integrity) (i) a description of CIA information in the possession or control of WikiLeaks; (ii) the risks of third parties who may have obtained access to such information (not withstanding the foregoing, for the avoidance of doubt this category specifically and others generally will not include any information that may effect WikiLeaks obligations to protect its sources) and (iii) information regarding the timing of further publications in so far as they relate to the risk mitigation approaches developed.”
- FBI interviews Daniel J. Jones, ex-Dianne Feinstein staffer. Jones tells the FBI he has raised about $50 million from about 10 wealthy donors in California and New York, and has retained the services of Christopher Steele and FusionGPS to keep the Trump-Russia collusion narrative alive.
- 29 March. Sen. Grassley inquires of Dir. Comey about the status of Deputy Dir. Andrew McCabe in relation to the Russia investigation. According to public reports, the FBI agreed to pay the author of the unsubstantiated dossier alleging a conspiracy between Trump associates and the Russians. It reportedly agreed to pay the author, Christopher Steele, to continue investigating Mr. Trump. The Clinton campaign paid Steele to create this political opposition research dossier against Mr. Trump. The FBI has not yet responded go Sen. Grassley's March 6 inquiry on the reports. McCabe is currently under investigation by the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General to examine whether the political and financial connections between his wife’s Democratic political campaign and Clinton associates warranted his recusal in the FBI’s Clinton email investigation. While McCabe recused himself from public corruption cases in Virginia—presumably including the reportedly ongoing investigation of McAuliffe regarding illegal campaign contributions—he failed to recuse himself from the Clinton email investigation, despite the appearance of a conflict of interest created by his wife’s campaign accepting $700,000 from a close Clinton associate during the email investigation. The fact is that McCabe participated in the controversial, high-profile Clinton investigation even though his wife took money from McAuliffe. FBI’s senior leadership should never have allowed that appearance of a conflict to undermine the Bureau’s important work. The Senate Committee wises to know if McCabe was involved in approving or establishing the FBI’s reported arrangement with Christopher Steele, or if McCabe vouched for or otherwise relied on the politically-funded dossier in the course of the investigation. Simply put, the American people should know if the FBI’s second-in-command relied on Democrat-funded opposition research to justify an investigation of the Republican presidential campaign.
- Constitutional lawyer, retired Chief of staff of the US Attorney General, and President of the Landmark Legal Foundation Mark Levin calles for the recusal of House Intelligence Committee ranking Democrat Adam Schiff "given the fact that he was such an avid supporter of Hillary Clinton for President of the United States. Given the fact that he was a cover up artist during the Benghazi operation, given the fact that he’s demonstrated his unwillingness to be bi-partisan by his calls for Jeff Sessions to step aside. …Adam Schiff has shown himself to be a radical leftist partisan hack, who cannot be trusted in an independent investigation of any sort on the intelligence committee."
- State Dept. employee hired by Clinton administration during Chinagate scandal arrested for accepting bribes and gifts from Chinese intelligence.
- CrowdStrike forced to retract bogus Russian hacking claims: FBI yet to examine DNC servers. 
- The Nunes Paradox.
- 30 March. Sen. Grassley asks of the State Department the status of security clearances for Hillary Clinton and 6 of her "research assistance" involved in mishandling classified materials, and any steps the department is taking to review whether the clearances should be suspended or revoked. “Any other government workers who engaged in such serious offenses would, at a minimum, have their clearances suspended pending an investigation. The failure to do so has given the public the impression that Secretary Clinton and her associates received special treatment,” Grassley wrote. Following FBI’s investigation into Clinton’s email server, Dir. Comey noted that “there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information,” and that individuals who are careless with such material are “often subject to security or administrative sanctions.” The Obama State Dept. previously told Grassley’s office that it would wait until after the FBI concluded its investigation before determining whether those involved should face consequences for mishandling sensitive material. While the investigation has been over for months, it remains unclear whether any such review has taken place. Sen. Grassley sent two letters inquiring about such a review (August 24, 2015, May 19, 2016) to John Kerry and both were ignored. The question remains unanswered - whether Hillary Clinton and her 6 staffers still hold security clearances more than 4 years later - longer than the amount of time she served in office.
- Farkas questioned on CNBC: "you actually said that “I knew that there was more. I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open, and I knew that there was more.” And then, you actually said that that’s why you have all the leaking, to make sure we get it out. I mean, people are accusing you, Evelyn, of admitting that was surveillance, admitting that there was unmasking, and urging people, or, at least, saying that intelligence leaking, which could be a felony, is the way that it should get out. And you weren’t even part of the government at that point."
- 31 March. Mark Warner and Adam Waldman exchange tects:
Mark Warner - Keep me informed also any news from ur other guy [Deripaska] on manafort
Adam Waldman - My other guy [Deripaska], like Steele, very mistrustful of USG [United States Government]. He’s been essentially shut out of the country and dragged through the mud. I explored this question w him last night in person.
Adam Waldman - Update re the other guy [Deripaska], my contact at DOJ has gone silent for 72 hrs. I gave him what he asked for and now don’t hear from him. Please let me know if you hear anything.
- Wikileaks reveals IC hacking techniques - the ability to fake Russian hacking. WikiLeaks’ latest release of CIA cyber-tools could blow the cover on agency hacking operations. A tool called “Marble Framework” enables the CIA to hack into computers, disguise who hacked in, and falsely attribute the hack to someone else by leaving so-called tell-tale signs — like Cyrillic, for example. The CIA documents also showed that the “Marble” tool had been employed in 2016.
- Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Grassley inquired of the Justice Dept. about a complaint filed in July 2016 alleging FusionGPS, authors of the Steele dossier, acting as an unregistered agent of Russia in a lobbying campaign to rewrite and overturn the Magnitsky Act, a law named for a whistleblower who was allegedly murdered while in custody in Russia. The law imputed sanctions against certain Russian officials. Grassley wrote that when FusionGPS reportedly was acting as an unregistered agent of Russian interests, it simultaneously was creating the Steele dossier of unsubstantiated allegations of conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Russians. The Obama Justice Dept. had done nothing since July 2016 to respond to the complaint of FusionGPS' violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).
- The committee is also seeking to determine the extent to which the FBI relied on the Steele dossier in its investigation. Chairman Grassley has requested documentation from Fusion GPS as to who hired and paid them, when Steele was hired, how the FBI got involved and whether Fusion GPS was aware of the FBI paying Steele. Fox News reports both a Senate and House committee are investigating the FBI for leaks and civil rights violations. Adam Housley reports "The person who did the unmasking is "very well known, very high up, very senior, in the intelligence world & is not in the FBI," and that "unmasking the names and then spreading the names was for political purposes that have nothing to do with national security."
The FBI and DOJ intentionally leaked information to the media and then cited the subsequent media reports for their ongoing investigative purposes. Within this circular echo chamber journalists became “sources” and media reports became “methods”. Thus, the FBI and DOJ stonewalled Congress and the public for nearly two years to protect “sources and methods.” Behind the familiar catch-phrase is an outline of procedural corruption, carrying out Obama's instructions to do everything. “by the book“.
- 1 April. President Trump calls for investigation into the Clinton's.
- 2 April. Susan Rice identified as unmasking incoming Trump administration officials. Rice worked at the elbow of President Obama. As National Security Advisor to Obama, she unmasked the identity of Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn which was leaked to the press. The action caused harm to US national security, and is a felonious criminal act. Questions remain if and why Rice would have violated the law on her own without President Obama's approval. Rice was denied the position of Secretary of State by the Democratic Senate in 2013 to succeed Hillary Clinton because of lying and deception about the Benghazi Massacre. Nevertheless, Obama kept her at his side in the White House as head of the National Security Council staff. It was to examine White House logs on the handling of classified information why Chairman Nunes made several trips to the White House that confirmed Susan Rice behind efforts to smear Trump and officials in a supposed foreign intelligence gathering operation.
- 3 April. Ali Watkins of BuzzFeed writes article about Carter Page FISA warrant application leaked by James Wolfe from the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI). Watkins appeared on Rachel Maddow's television show to discuss Watkins' news article. Maddow and Watkins discuss the 2013 spy case Carter Page was involved in, alleging Page was recruited by Russian spies. In fact, Carter Page was a paid FBI informant in that case, who wore a wire for the FBI to frame up the Russian spies.
- 4 April. NYT reports:
Russian intelligence operatives tried in 2013 to recruit an American businessman and eventual foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign who is now part of the F.B.I. investigation into Russia’s interference into the American election, according to federal court documents and a statement issued by the businessman.
The businessman, Carter Page, met with one of three Russians who were eventually charged with being undeclared officers with Russia’s foreign intelligence service, known as the S.V.R.
The F.B.I. interviewed Mr. Page in 2013 as part of an investigation into the spy ring, but decided that he had not known the man was a spy, and the bureau never accused Mr. Page of wrongdoing.
The court documents say that Mr. Page [UCE-1 or FBI undercover employee in court documents, Carter Page] who founded an investment company in New York called Global Energy Capital, provided documents about the energy business to one of the Russians. ... To record their conversations, the F.B.I. inserted a listening device into binders that were passed to the Russian intelligence operatives during an energy conference, according to a former United States intelligence official.
- Carter Page was working for the FBI. Page was the “analyst from a New York-based energy company” who “began providing Sporyshev with the binders“, or FBI UCE-1 (Undercover Confidential Employee-1) in court documents. However, in this April 2017 fake news article, the New York Times conflates the FBI/Page relationship and attempts to entirely change the relationship between Carter Page and the FBI.
- Susan Rice begins backpeddling early denials. Rice tells Andrea Mitchell that Obama "requested the compilation of the intelligence, which was ultimately provided in January."
- Rice tells Mitchell "sometimes it was necessary to find out who that U.S. official was.” Neither Trump, Flynn or others were U.S. officials.
- Rice admits asking specifically for the names of members of Donald Trump’s transition team, but tries to deny it was "for political purposes."
- Rice corroborates Dir. Comey's testimony the pace of requests picked up with increasing information particularly after August 2016.
- Several news organizations report Rice ordered U.S. spy agencies to produce spreadsheets revealing Trump associates picked up in surveillance of foreign officials and then leaked the names.
- 5 April. Evgeny Buryakov, a Russian spy whom Carter Page helped the DOJ to convict, is released from prison and deported to Russia before reporters can question him about his relationship with Carter Page.
- Private security firm, CrowdStrike, employed by DNC which first claimed Russia hacked the election refuses to cooperate with Congressional investigations. DNC has yet to allow FBI to examine servers to establish whether or not the servers were hacked. FBI continues its investigation into "Russian hacking" based on discredited information (Steele dossier) and unestablished facts (DNC hacking).
- Reports say CIA Dir. John Brennan targeted Sean Hannity and Blackwater founder, Erik Prince between the election on November 8 and the inauguration in January, according to White House and House intelligence sources. Hannity was reportedly unmasked by Susan Rice at Brennan’s behest because of a perceived relationship with Trump and Julian Assange. Prince has long criticized the CIA’s incompetence, including the Brennan's handling of the drone program and its failure to target terrorists properly and the collateral damage done to Afghan civilians. Brennan was behind the removal of Flynn. The motivations for Brennan’s intense dislike of Michael Flynn date back years to when Flynn was producing intel documents that showed how the supposed 'Syrian moderates' were funded by persons and groups in Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Brennan also brought in to the CIA disgraced Syria analyst Elizabeth O’Bagy. O’Bagy was outed for manufacturing her credentials and for being paid by the Syrian rebels.
- 7 April. Second Carter Page FISA warrant renewal.
- Assange immunity talks break down. Assange releases a new cache of CIA documents through its Vault 7 series. Negotiations between Waldman and DOJ (Laufman) for Assange immunity ends.
- 8 April. In direct messages released by actress-model Robin Young and Guccifer 2.0, Guccifer 2.0 claims Seth Rich was his whistleblower source; Adam Carter writes,
"one particular group would have been particularly desperate precisely at that time, for the emergence of a narrative about Russian hackers to discredit proper leaks / justify claims that all leaks are 'probably doctored' and they will have very likely known [Warren] Flood too.
That group is the Clinton Campaign.
As of June 12th,  they were in a position where Julian Assange had just announced WikiLeaks' upcoming release of Hillary's emails, she was still under FBI investigation, and Trump was attacking Hillary for her use of a private server with his supporters frequently chanting "lock her up!" at rallies.
The campaign was in a desperate position and really needed something similar to a Russian hacker narrative and one where they would be fortunate to have a seemingly clumsy hacker that leaves lots of 'fingerprints' tainting files and bringing the reputation of leaks into question... Sure enough, 2-3 days later, Guccifer2.0 - the world's weirdest hacker - was spawned and started telling lies in an effort to attribute himself to the malware discoveries, etc."</ref>http://g-2.space/#7</ref>
- 9 April. Washington Post Fact Checker gives Susan Rice four Pinocchios.
- 10 April. Adam Waldman texts Mark Warner:
"Hi. Steele: would like to get a bi partisan letter from the committee; Assange: I convinced him to make serious and important concessions and am discussing those w DOJ; Deripaska: willing to testify to congress but interested in state of play w Manafort. I will be with him next tuesday for a week."Deripraska is said to have ties to organized crime. Waldman collected nearly $1.1 million from Deripaska in 2016 and 2017.
- Strzok texts Lisa Page:
“I had literally just gone to find this phone to tell you I want to talk to you about media leak strategy with DOJ before you go.”
- Washington Post admits the FBI obtained wiretap information from Carter Page in the summer of 2016 before the October FISA warrant was issued.
- Washington Post reports Rice herself asked to unmask the identities of some of the Trump associates and chronicles list of misleading statements. Rice under fire over claims of destroying Syrian chemical weapons.
- 11 April. Washington Post published an article, FBI Obtained FISA Warrant to Monitor Former Trump Adviser Carter Page by Ellen Nakashima, Devlin Barrett and Adam Entous. It reads in part,
"The FBI obtained a secret court order in October 2016 to monitor the communications of a former adviser to presidential candidate Donald Trump, part by of an investigation into possible links between Russia and the campaign, law enforcement and other U.S. officials said.It is the first disclosure of the October 2016 Carter Page FISA warrant.
The FBI and the Justice Department obtained the warrant targeting Carter Page’s communications after convincing a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court judge that there was probable cause to believe Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power, in this case Russia, according to the officials.
The court documents in that spy case only identify Page as “Male 1.’’ Officials familiar with the case said that “Male 1’’ is Page."
- Andrew Weissmann leaks grand jury information in the Manafort case to the Associated Press. FBI officials issued a complaint to the Justice Department suggesting Weissmann didn’t follow normal procedures for dealing with journalists.
- 12 April. Strzok congratulates Lisa Page on a job well done while referring to two derogatory articles about Carter Page. In the text, Strzok warns Page two articles are coming out, one which is “worse” than the other about Lisa’s “namesake" (Carter Page).
- Podesta Group discloses unregistered lobbying for the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine (ECMU) - the same group Manafort is associated with. Podesta Group lobbied from 2012 through 2014 on behalf of a Brussels-based non-profit, the ECMU, a Ukrainian front. U.S. lobbying laws require reporting payments from a foreign government. The lobbying firm run by Tony Podesta, brother of Hillary for America campaign chairman John Podesta, reported in its filing that it was paid more than $1.2 million.
- 13 April. FusionGPS refuses to answer the Senate Judiciary Committee's question as to who in the Clinton machine hired them. The Steele dossier formed much of the basis for the Obama administration's attacks on Donald Trump and its authorization to use the US Intelligence Community to harass domestic political opponents.
"When political opposition research becomes the basis for law enforcement or intelligence efforts, it raises substantial questions about the independence of law enforcement and intelligence from politics.”
- Reports of Britains GCHQ spying agency passing information to John Brennan starting the FBI Trump Russia investigation debunked. Brennan lied repeatedly. There was no legal basis to begin a counterintelligence investigation on Trump associates. Likewise the Papadopoulos drunken binge narrative starting the FBI probe is false.
- Both House and Senate expand investigation into Susan Rice and the Obama administration's domestic spying for political purposes.
- 17 April. Senate to investigate Rice's contacts with Bannon, Clapper, and others.
- 18 April. CNN finally reports FBI used bogus Steele dossier to obtain FISA warrant. What's more, both the FBI & the Clinton campaign paid Steele to write the opposition research attacks.
- The bogus document has been cited by FBI Dir. Comey in some of his briefings to members of Congress in recent weeks, as one of the sources of information the bureau used to bolster its investigation.
- The bogus evidence also was presented to the FISA court to win approval to surveillance on Carter Page. Page commented, "I look forward to the Privacy Act of 1974 lawsuit that I plan to file in response to the civil rights violations by Obama administration appointees last year. The discovery process will be of great value to the United States, as our nation hears testimony from them under oath, and we receive disclosure of the documents which show what exactly was done in 2016."
- Cause of Action (CoA), a watchdog group, files suit seeking records on the relationship between the FBI and Christopher Steele, author of the Steele dossier:
"According to a news report, Mr. Steele entered an agreement with the FBI a few weeks before the November 2016 election to investigate then-candidate Donald Trump while, at the same time, he was employed by an opposition research firm to collect information for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton."
- 19 April. Intelligence Community pushes to keep surveillance powers. Maintaining existing powers is "the intelligence community’s top legislative priority for 2017."
- 20 April. Americans for Limited Government president Rick Manning calls for Comey's firing:
“The FBI’s incredible incompetence and outright complicity with the politicization of government spying removes the last shred of credibility that Director James Comey has and he needs to either resign or be fired. The failure to even secure and independently examine the DNC server while relying on the self-serving innuendo by the DNC’s computer consultant CrowdStrike for verification is unbelievable. But their reliance on an easily disprovable political hit piece dossier to get a FISA warrant against Carter Page, paid for by Democrat supporters of Hillary Clinton and produced by the private firm Fusion GPS, to attempt to undermine the Trump campaign in 2016 effort is inexcusable."
- NSA submits remedies for 702 surveillance violations revealed in October 2016 to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court promising to “no longer collect certain internet communications that merely mention a foreign intelligence target.” The NSA also begins deleting collected data on U.S. citizens it had been storing.
- 21 April. Landmark Legal Foundation files Amicus brief with FISA court. Landmark submits that the Obama administration "abused the judicial process, placing the integrity of this Court and the constitutional rights of individuals at risk." Landmark asks the Court to examine:
1. Have this Court’s order or orders been used by intelligence and law enforcement entities of the federal government as a subterfuge to surveil private citizens and at least one United States Senator for political purposes?
2. Did government officials seek one or more national security surveillance warrants from this Court as a pretext to conduct an investigation for the purpose of affecting an ongoing national presidential campaign and subsequent transition of an incoming president?
3. When applying to this Court for one or more warrants in this matter, did the FBI inform this Court that it had apparently paid some of the expenses of a former British spy who prepared the dossier reportedly relied on, in whole or part, in its application to convince this Court to issue a warrant, and that it had apparently negotiated to make further payments to the former British spy, which efforts were ultimately unsuccessful?4. When applying to this Court for one or more warrants in this matter, did the FBI inform this Court that the dossier it reportedly presented in pursuit of one or more warrants had originally been prepared by the former British spy for a Washington research firm conducting opposition research against the Republican nominee for president, candidate Donald Trump?
- 22 April. Strzok texts Lisa Page: “article is out!” and “Well done, Page.”
- New York Times reports FBI offered Christopher Steele $50,000 if he could corroborate the Steele dossier; nothing has been paid.
- Document reveals Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch instructed FBI Dir. Comey to cover-up Hillary investigation.
- 23 April. CIA Director John Brennen started the false narrative the he was fed Five Eyes intelligence which was used to begin the Trump-Russia investigation. There is no legal basis to begin a counterintelligence investigation.
- 24 April. Politico reports on Obama concessions to Iran for Iranian nuke deal.
- 25 April. Russian lobbyist colludes with Democrat Senator to impede key witness testimony in Russia investigation. Adam Waldman texts Sen. Mark Warner:
“I spoke w Steele. He repeated the same position which is that he wants to be helpful but is fearful of the triumvirate of cost, time suck and reputation.Waldman represents Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska. Dan Jones is an ex-Dianne Feinstein staffer who currently is employing Christopher Steele and FusionGPS to keep the Trump-Russia narrative alive.
He asked me what your concern was about a letter first and I explained it but he would still like as a first protective step from you and [Sen. Richard] Burr asking him and his partner to assist w the investigation by answering questions. He said he will also speak w Dan Jones whom he says is talking to you.
I pointed out there is no privilege in that discussion although Dan [Jones] is a good guy and very trustworthy guy. I encouraged him again to engage with you for the sake of the truth and of vindication of the dossier."
- 26 April. October 2016 FISA court ruling released. DNI Dan Coats declassifies the October 2016 FISA Court Ruling exposing a number of criminal activities that Barack Obama’s FBI and DOJ participated in during his time in office. The FISA Court Ruling shows widespread abuse of the FISA mandate. According to the report, Obama’s FBI and DOJ performed searches on Americans that were against their 4th Amendment rights. This went on for years. One paragraph in the report states that 85% of the Section 704 and 705(b) FISA searches made during this time were non-compliant with applicable laws and therefore criminal. FISA 705 warrants deal with US citizens outside of the country.
- 28 April. NSA press release announces suspension of President Obama's illegal 4th Amendment civil rights violations of American citizens.
- April. Deputy Asst. Attn. Gen. Mary McCord resigns as head of the DOJ-National Security Division after the Trump administration restores independent Inspector General oversight of the division. Former Deputy Attn. Gen. Sally Yates barred the Inspector General from oversight of the DOJ-NSD activities beginning in June 2015. Shortly thereafter, the FBI was allowing its contractors (FusionGPS) unfettered access to raw FISA data (upstream and downstream electronic communications) of American citizens under the guise of foreign intelligence surveillance to gather paid opposition research on Hillary Clinton opponents. The DOJ-NSD ultimately is responsible for applying the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. The Obama Justice Drpartment had violated the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, and the Fourth Amendment rights of American citizens to be free of unreasonable searches (collection of FISA evidence) for at least five years by targeting the Obama administration's domestic political opponents as agents of foreign powers. When the FISA court issued a ruling in late September 2016 condemning the Obama administration and Dept. of Justice for its lawlessness, the DOJ-NSD head John Carlin was replaced the next day with McCord. Neither Yates, Carlin or McCord ever informed FISA judges that the Obama administration presented falsified evidence to the court, and was using Hillary Clinton's paid opposition research under the color of law to harass, intimidate, and violate the civil rights of Americans and domestic political opponents of Obama and Clinton, followed up by illegal press leaks from government sources designed to influence public opinion and the 2016 election.
- Arab Spring
- Obama war crimes
- Trump-Russia hoax
- FBI scandal
- Obamagate timeline 2009-2014
- Obamagate timeline 2015
- Obamagate timeline 2016 election year
- Russiagate timeline 2017
- Russiagate timeline 2018
- Kavanaugh smear
- All the president's enemies, by The Washington Times
- NYT, 1/19/17
- Brennan played a key role in the illegal wiretap program, overseeing the production of what personnel in the program called the “scary memos” intended to justify the domestic spying exposed by [NYT reporter James] Risen. Brennan has since admitted that he relied on intelligence from the CIA’s interrogation programs to develop such memos, and his tenure in that role spanned the period when the CIA used its most extreme torture. https://www.thenation.com/article/government-war-against-reporter-james-risen/
- "Of course, military spending is higher in the US than in Europe, even today when defense spending in the US is low by post Second World War standards. Western Europe since the Second World War has been a “free rider” on the defense provided by the US. That is, if the US did not have to spend more on defense in order to defend Western Europe from the Soviet threats, the difference in the overall size of government between Europe and the US would be even larger." -Even at the time this paper was written, the "Soviet threats' had ceased to exist for a decade. Racist Democrats now see the "Russian threat" in nationalist terms, or a genetic predisposition to violence rather than an ideological conflict, although authoritarian communists in America often accuse Russians of being authoritarian or communist. https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/glaeser/files/why_doesnt_the_u.s._have_a_european-style_welfare_state.pdf
- The committment to defend Poland in 1919 at the Treaty of Versailles was honored by Britain and France twenty years later in 1939 when Hitler invaded; the commitment to defend Ukraine was guaranteed by the Clinton administration in 1994 (Budapest Protocols) if Ukraine gave up its nukes as its only deterrent against a Russian invasion. Twenty years later in 2014 Obama did nothing when the agreement was violated. Both Obama and the Clintons decieved Ukrainians, and did permanent damage to America's diplomatic prestige and credibility to honor its treaty commitments in the world.
- https://www.cnn.com/2016/12/10/politics/donald-trump-response-russian-hacking/ …
- PROCEDURES FOR THE AVAILABILITY OR DISSEMINATION OF RAW SIGNALS INTELLIGENCE INFORMATION BY THE NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY UNDER SECTION 2.3 OF EXECUTIVE ORDER 12333 (RAW SIGINT AVAILABILITY PROCEDURES). OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE. UNCLASSIFIED
- The New York Times reported
"In its final days, the Obama administration has expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections,"basically, an authorization to circulate the Brennan, Clapper and Comey memo with the Clinton-Steele salacious allegations. 
- also referred to as the ICA or Intelligence Community Assessment
- 4. One of the seventeen reports in the Dossier—CIR 112—accused the Plaintiffs of criminal conduct and participation in an alleged Trump-Russia scheme to influence the 2016 presidential election. Defendants knew that this Report was not verified, and that it defamed Plaintiffs on its face. Defendants could easily have removed that Report from the Dossier before they started peddling the Dossier to media and journalists in September and October 2016. They chose not to do so. Nor did they attempt to determine the veracity of that Report with the Plaintiffs themselves. 5. At all times during the Defendants’ engagement of Orbis and Steele, it was either intended or clearly foreseeable that the Dossier’s contents would be republished (in whole or in part) to third parties, either by the Defendants themselves or their clients. Indeed, that is the entire purpose of “oppo research” in politics. Those third parties included government officials, as well as news media and journalists who could make its content public. 6. On information and belief, Defendants arranged for Steele to brief selected members of the print and online media about the information he was compiling on candidate Trump. Consistent with the intended purpose of “oppo research” to publicly discredit its target, Steele’s briefings were designed to generate interest in the Dossier and secure its eventual public dissemination. Briefings were held for journalists from the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, Yahoo News, and others in September 2016. Shortly thereafter, Yahoo News published an article by Michael Isikoff that described some of the content of the Dossier (referred to there as “intelligence reports” and “reports”), which was still being compiled at that time.1 Many other media articles reported speculative accounts of the Dossier’s existence and contents. In October 2016, Steele was interviewed by David Corn, a writer for Mother Jones, which on October 31, 2016 published an article headlined “A Veteran Spy Has Given The FBI Information Alleging a Russian Operation to Cultivate Donald Trump.”2 The Corn article stated that it had “reviewed” the early reports in the Dossier, and then quoted from those reports as well as statements made by Steele in the interview. The public dissemination of the Dossier’s content had begun in earnest. 7. In addition to cultivating media interest, the Defendants also organized or approved a meeting in Great Britain between Steele and David Kramer, a director of a private foundation led by U.S. Senator John McCain. The purpose of that meeting was to brief Kramer on behalf of Senator McCain, who at the time was an outspoken critic of Trump’s candidacy. Subsequently, in November 2016, Defendants provided a copy of the Dossier’s first sixteen reports, including the Report that falsely accused and defamed Plaintiffs, to Kramer for redelivery to Senator McCain. 8. As the 2016 presidential election neared, both print and online media in the United States and abroad began to expand their coverage of the Dossier and its alleged content. That coverage only intensified after Trump won the election. On January 10, 2017, one of those media entities, BuzzFeed, Inc., published the entire Dossier on the Internet, describing it as “explosive.” The copy of the Dossier that BuzzFeed published included the false and defamatory allegations about the Plaintiffs and Alfa, along with an article entitled “These Reports Allege Trump Has Deep Ties to Russia.”3 The Dossier misspells Alfa’s name throughout, incorrectly spelling it as “Alpha.” In a recent court filing, Fusion admitted that it had “pre-publication” communications with BuzzFeed about its publication.4 9. The Defendants intended, anticipated, or foresaw a high likelihood that allowing their clients and/or the media access to the Dossier’s defamatory content would result in its republication by news media outlets, including online news media such as BuzzFeed. 10. Plaintiffs seek an award of compensatory and punitive damages for the harm to their personal and professional reputations, current business interests, and the impairment of business opportunities that resulted from the blatantly false and defamatory statements and implications about them published by the Defendants and republished by BuzzFeed and countless other media around the world. FRIDMAN et al v. BEAN LLC et al https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/22639671/FRIDMAN_et_al_v_BEAN_LLC_et_al https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Dossier.pdf
- "to remove the name “Magnitsky” from the Global Magnitsky Act, delay the bills passage, and cast doubt on the Justice Dept.’s version of events prior to the passage of the Magnitsky Act. The defrauded complaintant referred to Simpson, who was hired by the Clinton campaign and DNC as "a professional smear campaigner.” “Glenn Simpson knowingly spread false information on behalf of people connected to the Russian government to try to protect Russian torturers and murderers from consequences.” https://dailycaller.com/2017/01/13/exclusive-oppo-researcher-behind-trump-dossier-is-linked-to-pro-kremlin-lobbying-effort/
- Ross's article expounds: The main proponent of that law, a British-American businessman named Bill Browder, tells DC..."Glenn Simpson’s job was to knowingly and dishonestly change the narrative of how Sergei Magnitsky came to die from murder to natural causes, and to change the narrative that Sergei Magnitsky was a criminal and not a whistleblower," ... Magnitsky, who helped Browder investigate many of the corrupt Russian firms, was arrested in Nov. 2008 and accused of engaging in fraud and tax evasion. Magnitsky was tortured for months in a Russian prison and deprived of medical treatment, all in order to elicit a false confession that he and Browder were engaged in fraud and tax evasion, Browder has alleged. After Magnitsky’s health deteriorated, he was transferred to another jail. There, the lawyer was allegedly beaten with blunt objects by prison guards. He died on Nov. 16, 2009 at the age of 37. Soon after his friend’s murder, Browder began lobbying American lawmakers — Maryland Sen. Ben Cardin and Arizona Sen. John McCain, in particular — to pass a law that would provide a mechanism to punish Kremlin-linked Russian criminals. https://dailycaller.com/2017/01/16/think-tank-appears-to-cut-ties-with-oppo-researcher-behind-trump-dossier/#ixzz4d5c0xHTC
- FusionGPS was hired by BakerHostetler to investigate Bill Browder who helped push through the Magnitsky Act, or Russia sanctions bill. Glenn Simpson, a founding partner of Fusion GPS, compiled the research for the anti-Browder project. He worked closely with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer. Katsyv, a Russian businessman, and Prevezon sought to limit the impact of the Magnitsky Act sanctions. BakerHostetler, the law firm acting on behalf of Prevezon Holdings and its owner Denis Katsyv, made a payment to FusionGPS on March 7, 2016, court records show. Through October 31, 2016 BakerHostetler paid FusionGPS $523,651.
- David Ignatius of the Washington Post published details of Flynn's phone call with the Russian Ambassador.
- The leaking of the unmasked identity of a US citizen's name gathered in a foreign intelligence operation is a criminal and civil rights violation. https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/3216
- The artcle continues: "Since no one can take part in the formulation or execution of foreign or defense policy without a high-level security clearance, vetoing the president’s people by denying them clearances trumps the president....the persons who thus took for themselves the prerogative that the American people had entrusted to [President Trump] at the ballot box, chances are 100 percent that they will use that prerogative ever more frequently with regard to anyone else whom they regard as standing in the way of their preferred policies, as a threat to their reputation, or simply as partisan opponents... undermin[ing] nothing less than the self-evident heart of the Constitution’s Article II: The president is the executive branch. All of its employees draw their powers from him and answer to him, not the other way around." https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/15/cia-insults-trump/
- The article continues, "as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency – he oversaw a prescient 2012 analysis that foresaw that their support for the Syrian insurgency would give rise to “a declared or undeclared Salafist principality in eastern Syria [ISIS].” The DIA report, which was partially declassified in a lawsuit over the 2012 killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other U.S. personnel in Benghazi, Libya, embarrassed the advocates for an escalation of the war in Syria and the ouster of secular President Bashar al-Assad. Flynn even went further in a 2015 interview when he said the intelligence was “very clear” that the Obama administration made a “willful decision” to back these jihadists in league with Middle East allies, a choice that looked particularly stupid when Islamic State militants started beheading American hostages and capturing cities in Iraq.... Key U.S. government neocons, such as Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland and Sen. John McCain, then began pushing for the violent right-wing coup that – in February 2014 – ousted Ukraine’s elected President Viktor Yanukovych and touched off the new Cold War with Russia. Amid these heightened tensions, the mainstream media in the United States and Europe joined in the full-scale Russia/Putin-bashing... to enforce the new groupthink – holding Russia at fault for pretty much everything – a new McCarthyism emerged, deeming anyone who dared disagree a “Moscow stooge” or a “Russian propagandist.” The ugliness penetrated into the U.S. presidential campaign because Democrat Hillary Clinton took a belligerent line toward Russia while Trump broke with the Republican establishment and called for improved ties between Washington and Moscow... This hysteria over Russia gained added strength because Democrats were so angry over Trump’s election that liberal and progressive operatives saw a chance to build a movement and raise lots of money by pushing the Trump-Putin accusations. This opportunism has turned much of the liberal/progressive community into a pro-New Cold War constituency willing to engage in a new breed of McCarthyism by demanding intensive investigations into alleged connections between Americans and Russians.... ...since Trump’s inauguration, the focus has shifted to Flynn, as the personification of the effort to cool off the New Cold War, because he had phone conversations with the Russian ambassador that presumably were intercepted by U.S. intelligence. Because Flynn supposedly misrepresented some details of the calls to Vice President Mike Pence, senior Justice Department holdovers from the Obama administration concocted an argument that Flynn might be vulnerable to Russian blackmail. The argument is dubious because the Russians would know that the U.S. government knew exactly what the conversations entailed, so how would the blackmail work? But this “blackmail” argument is another throwback to the earlier McCarthy days when gays were barred from sensitive government jobs because of their alleged susceptibility to blackmail. But the gambit to get Flynn worked. Amid frenzied coverage on CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The New York Times and the rest of the mainstream media, Flynn and the Russia détente that he stood for were not expected to be long for this world of Official Washington." https://consortiumnews.com/2017/02/14/trump-caves-on-flynns-resignation/
- On February 14 Charles Krauthammer commented on the unmasking of Flynn, "When the conversation involves an American, there are extremely strict procedures to blur the identity, to hide the identity and to protect the information coming from the American. This is the exact opposite of that and it is scary."
- Confessore, Scott Shane, Nicholas; Rosenberg, Matthew (11 January 2017). "How a Sensational, Unverified Dossier Became a Crisis for Donald Trump". The New York Times.
- In April 2018 Clinton was referred to Justice Department for criminal prosecution by Congress for violation of Federal Election Commission disclosure requirements.
- Nellie Ohr represented the CIA's "Open Source Works" group in a 2010 "expert working group report on international organized crime" along with her husband Bruce Ohr and FusionGPS founder Glenn Simpson. Open Source Works, the CIA’s in-house open source analysis component, is devoted to intelligence analysis of unclassified, open source information. The directive that established Open Source Works is classified, as is the charter of the organization. CIA says the existence of any such records is a classified fact. The directive itself that established Open Source Works is classified, as is the charter of the organization. CIA says the existence of any such records is a classified fact. “The CIA can neither confirm nor deny the existence or nonexistence of records responsive to your request,” wrote Susan Viscuso, CIA Information and Privacy Coordinator, in a November 29 response to a Freedom of Information Act request from Jeffrey Richelson of the National Security Archive for the Open Source Works directive and charter. “The fact of the existence or nonexistence of requested records is currently and properly classified and is intelligence sources and methods information that is protected from disclosure,” Dr. Viscuso wrote. This is a surprising development since Open Source Works — by definition — does not engage in clandestine collection of intelligence. Rather, it performs analysis based on unclassified, open source materials. -FAS http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-12/mccabe-cancels-testimony-something-far-more-sinister-fusion-gps
- Expert Working Group Report on International Organized Crime, John T. Picarelli, Discussion Paper Document No.: 230846, National Institute of Justice, June 2010, p. 30 PDF. Published by the United States Dept. of Justice.
- She also shared Simpson’s work with Yuri Chaika, the prosecutor general of Russia. Prevezon Holdings and its Russian owner Denis Katsyv hired BakerHostetler to investigate Browder. Katsyv and Prevezon sought to limit the impact of the Magnitsky Act sanctions.
- Daniel Ellsberg, in responding to a question about why should people care, said: "Do they really believe that real democracy is viable, when one branch of government, the Executive, knows or can know every detail of every private communication (or credit card transaction, or movement) of: every journalist; every source to every journalist; every member of Congress and their staffs; every judge, at every level up to the Supreme Court? Do they think that every one of these people "has nothing to hide," nothing that could be used to blackmail them or manipulate them, or neutralize their dissent to Executive policies, or influence voting behavior? Is investigative journalism, or aggressive Congressional investigation of the Executive, or court restraints on Executive practices, really possible with that amount of transparency to the Executive of their private and professional lives and associations? And without any of those checks, the kind of democracy you have is that of the German Democratic Republic in East Germany, with its Stasi (which had a minuscule fraction of the surveillance capability the NSA has now, but enough to turn a fraction of the population of East Germany into secret Stasi informants)." https://freedom.press/news-advocacy/highlights-from-daniel-ellsbergas-reddit-ama-on-edward-snowden-and-nsa-surveillance/
- Wolfe evidently was caught in a leak hunt, and the copy given to him in March 2017 included a specific, and intentionally wrong, internal date using October 19, 2017 as the origination date for FISA application approval. The actual date was October 21. The October 19 date then shows up in subsequent media reports which were based on the leak. The New York Times and Washington Post used the wrong date; the concentric reporting of the NYT and WaPo spread the wrong date like a virus. The same countermeasure technique was used in the December 2017 leak from Adam Schiff to Manu Raju of CNN regarding an email Donald Trump, Jr. received about WikiLeaks, when in fact the original document was dated 10 days later, after Wikileaks released DNC emails. Schiff and CNN took the bait, alleging a smoking gun for the collusion narrative, only to retract later in an embarrassing episode that exposed Schiff as a leaker and shoddy reporting by CNN for failing to a qualify sources properly.
- March 2, 2017: *Evelyn Farkas, the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russia/Ukraine/Eurasia under Obama, while interviewed on MSNBC's Morning Joe, a smoking gun went off: “I was urging my former colleagues and, frankly speaking, the people on the Hill, it was more actually aimed at telling the Hill people, get as much information as you can, get as much intelligence as you can, before President Obama leaves the administration. Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior people who left. So, it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy, that the Trump folks, if they found out how we knew what we knew about their -- the staff, the Trump staff's dealing with Russians, that they would try to compromise those sources and methods... So I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open and I knew that there was more." https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mike-ciandella/2017/03/30/former-obama-official-stumbles-while-trying-backtrack-after Farkas was not employed by the Obama administration at the time the Russian allegations arose. According to Pentagon records, Farkas resigned in September 2015.
- Farkas' use of "people on the hill" refers to Congressional staff which numbers into the tens of thousands, some of which have press contacts and are the source of leaks. Once the materials fell into their hands, many partisan staffers then became armchair counter-intelligence sleuths, combing through the leaked material, feeding their mainstream sources with their latest pet theories on Donald Trump being in the pay of the KGB, and taking to Tw</itter threads with extended narratives to document their speculation.
- As Dep. Asst. Sec. of Defense, Farkas had daily access to Obama's Presidential Daily Briefing, which includes SCIF.
- The list includes: UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon and German Chancellor Angela Merkel; the Chief of Staff of UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR); Director of the Rules Division of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Johann Human; Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi; European Union and Japanese trade ministers at the WTO Doha rounds (the talks subsequently collapsed); five top EU economic officials including their French, Austrian and Belgium phones; Italy’s ambassador to NATO and other top Italian officials for long term interception; French president Nicolas Sarkozy.
- "Best Sellers: Combined Print & E-Book Nonfiction", The New York Times, November 23, 2014.
- In his ruling the stated: "In 2011--at the same time that Ms. Attkisson was conducting investigations and issuing certain of her high-profile news reports--the Attkissons 'began to notice anomalies in numerous electronic devices at their home in Virginia.' These anomalies included Ms. Attkisson's work-issued laptop computer and a family desktop computer 'turning on and off at night without input from anyone in the household,' 'the house alarm chirping daily at different times,' and 'television problems, including interference.' All of these electronic devices used 'the Verizon FiOS line installed in [the Attkissons'] home,' but Verizon was unable to stanch the anomalous activity despite multiple attempts. In January 2012, the Attkissons' residential internet service 'began constantly dropping off'." "In February 2012, 'sophisticated surveillance spyware' was installed on Ms. Attkisson's work-issued laptop computer. A later forensic computer analysis revealed that Ms. Attkisson's laptop and the family's desktop computer had been the 'targets of unauthorized surveillance efforts.' That same forensic analysis revealed that Ms. Attkisson's mobile phone was also targeted for surveillance when it was connected to the family's desktop computer. The infiltration of that computer and the extraction of information from it was 'executed via an IP address owned, controlled, and operated by the United States Postal service.' Additionally, based on the sophisticated nature of the software used to carry out the infiltration and software fingerprints indicating the use of the federal government's proprietary software, the infiltration and surveillance appeared to be perpetrated by persons in the federal government." "An independent forensic computer analyst hired by CBS subsequently reported finding evidence on both Ms. Attkisson's work-issued laptop computer and her family's desktop computer of 'a coordinated, highly-skilled series of actions and attacks directed at the operation of the computers.' Computer forensic analysis also indicated that remote actions were taken in December 2012 to remove the evidence of the electronic infiltration and surveillance from Ms. Attkisson's computers and other home electronic equipment." "As Ms. Attkisson's investigations and reporting continued, in October 2012 the Attkissons noticed 'an escalation of electronic problems at their personal residence, including interference in home and mobile phone lines, computer interference, and television interference.' In November of that year, Ms. Attkisson's mobile phones 'experienced regular interruptions and interference, making telephone communications unreliable, and, at times, virtually impossible'." "Additionally, in December 2012, a person with government intelligence experience conducted an inspection of the exterior of the Attkissons' Virginia home. That investigator discovered an extra Verizon FiOS fiber optics line. Soon thereafter, after a Verizon technician was instructed by Ms. Attkisson to leave the extra cable at the home, the cable disappeared, and the Attkissons were unable to determine what happened to it. In March 2013, the Attkissons' desktop computer malfunctioned, and in September of that year, while Ms. Attkisson was working on a story at her home, she observed that her personal laptop computer was remotely accessed and controlled, resulting in data being deleted from it. On April 3, 2013, Ms. Attkisson filed a complaint with the Inspector General of the Department of Justice. The Inspector General's investigation was limited to an analysis of the compromised desktop computer, and the partially-released report that emerged from that investigation reported 'no evidence of intrusion,' although it did note 'a great deal of advanced mode computer activity not attributable to Ms. Attkisson or anybody in her household'." "The Attkissons allege that the 'cyber-attacks' they 'suffered in [their] home' were perpetrated by 'personnel working on behalf of the United States.' Accordingly, they have asserted various claims against the United States and against former Attorney General Eric Holder, former Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe, and unknown agents of the Department of Justice, the United States Postal Service, and the United States, all in their individual capacities. Those claims include claims against the United States under the FTCA and claims against the individual federal officers for violations of constitutional rights under Bivens v. Six Unknown Named Agents of Fed. Bureau of Narcotics, 403 U.S. 388 (1971)..." https://sharylattkisson.com/attkisson-v-eric-holder-department-of-justice-et-al/
- STEFANIK: So if that's quarterly... COMEY: ... to brief them before Congress is briefed. STEFANIK: So it's quarterly for all three then, senior congressional leadership, the White House, and the DNI? COMEY: I think that's right. Now that's by practice not by rule or by written policy which is why, thanks to the chair and ranking giving us feedback, we're trying to tweak it in certain ways. STEFANIK: So since, in your opening statement, you confirmed that there is a counter-intelligence investigation currently open and you also referenced that it started in July. When did you notify the DNI, the White House, or senior congressional leadership? COMEY: It's a good question. Congressional leadership, some time recently. They were briefed on the nature of the investigation in some detail as I said. Obviously the Department of Justice has been aware of it all along. The DNI, I don't know what the DNI's knowledge of it was because we didn't have a DNI until Mr. Coats took office and I briefed him his first morning in office. STEFANIK: So just to drill down on this, if -- if the open investigation began in July and the briefing of congressional leadership only occurred recently, why was there no notification prior to the recent -- to the past month? COMEY: I think our decision was it was a matter of such sensitivity that we wouldn't include it in the quarterly briefings. STEFANIK: So when you state our decision is that your decision? Is that usually your decision what gets briefed in those quarterly updates? COMEY: No, it's usually the decision of the head of our counter- intelligence division. STEFANIK: And just again, to get the detailed -- on the record, why was the decision made not to brief senior congressional leadership until recently when the investigation had been open since July? A very serious investigation -- why was that decision to wait months? COMEY: Because of the sensitivity of the matter. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/03/20/full-transcript-fbi-director-james-comey-testifies-on-russian-interference-in-2016-election/?utm_term=.15b842f9b99e
- Derespina, Cody (March 23, 2017). Trump basks in Nunes surveillance news: 'So that means I'm right'. Fox News. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
- https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/394049-coming-up-tuesdays-rising-how-the-doj -almost-offered-an-immunity-deal-to-julian
- Russian Active Measures, March 22, 2018, p. 112-113 footnote 5.
- Former Obama official discloses rush to get intelligence on Trump team. Fox News. March 29, 2017. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- Poor, Jeff (March 29, 2017). Fmr Obama Official Reveals Pre-Inauguration Effort to Gather Intel on Incoming Trump Team. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 30, 2017.
- McCabe, Neil W. (March 31, 2017). Fox News: Senior Obama Intelligence Official Unmasked Trump Associates. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- Housley, Adam (April 3, 2017). Susan Rice requested to unmask names of Trump transition officials, sources say. Fox News. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- pre-dating any FISA warrant or "incidental collection." This allegation has its roots in the Steele dossier and claims US involvement in the Trump investigation began in April 2016 when John Brennan received "routine" intelligence sharing information from British intelligence, including sharing activities from one of the Baltic States, now rumored to be Estonia. Some Estonian figures reacted negatively to Trump comments about defending the Baltics and making NATO allies pay their fair share.