The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) / The Popular Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PDFLP) initially held a radical Marxist-Leninist ideology, cooperated with other radical left-wing organizations. It was founded on February 22, 1969, when it split from the PLO's Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP).
In early 1980s, occupied political stance midway between Arafat and the rejectionists. Spilt into two factions in 1991; Nayif Hawatmah leads the majority and more hardline faction, which continues to dominate the group. It joined with other rejectionist groups to form the Alliance of Palestinian Forces (APF) to oppose the Declaration of Principals signed in 1993. It broke from the APF--along with the PFLP. And since the mid-1990s it has made some moves toward merging with the PFLP
In the 1970s it carried out numerous small bombings and minor assaults and some more spectacular operations in Israel and the disputed territories, concentrating on Israeli targets. It is involved in border raids since 1988. It continues to oppose the Israel-PLO peace agreement.
- Terrorist attack on the northern border town of Ma'alot (May 15, 1974); 25 Israeli civilians murdered, many of them children.
- Attack on a private home in the town of Beit Shean (November 19, 1974); 4 Israeli civilians murdered.
- A wagon rigged with a bomb which exploded in Jerusalem (November 13, 1975); 7 Israeli civilians murdered.
The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) praised the attack & "saluted the he person who carried out the heroic operation." The DFLP is a member of the PLO.
- Palestinian Terror Groups: Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) JVL
- Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) Fas
- Brian Lee Davis (January 1, 1990). Qaddafi, Terrorism, and the Origins of the U.S. Attack on Libya. ABC-CLIO. ISBN 978-0-275-93302-9.
- Two mothers and a rabbi who fed the poor: Israel names victims of terror spree, Ynet, 03.22.22.
Moshe was struck down first in the murderous attack; Doris's paramedic nephew was unable to save her; Laura had the strength to fight back while being mercilessly attacked, and Menachem was stabbed dozens of times while taking a walk.
- StandWithUs (@StandWithUs) Tweeted (Mar 22, 2022):
Doris Yahbas. Rabbi Moshe Kravitsky. Lora Yitzhak. Menahem Yehezkel.
These are the names of the 4 innocent people who were murdered in today's terror attack in Be'er Sheva, southern #Israel.May their memories forever be a blessing.
- Pal Media Watch (@palwatch) Tweeted (Mar 23, 2022):
In the terror attack yesterday in the Israeli town of Beer Sheva, an Israeli Arab murdered 4 Jews.
The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) praised the attack & "saluted the he person who carried out the heroic operation."The DFLP is a member of the PLO. https://t.co/9cGLxipL1f