Disadvantages of atheism
The American Christian Todd Strandberg said of atheism: "The ranks of atheists have always been small... The key problem with atheism is that it lacks a strong 'selling point'". (See also: Atheism and apathy)
Throughout mankind's history, most people have found atheism to be uninteresting and ungratifying (See: Atheism and inspiration and Atheism and motivation and Atheism and amotivational syndrome).
Disadvantages of atheism
1. Poorer health, both physical and mental health (see: Atheism and health and Atheism and mental illness).
2. Eternal punishment in Hell after you die (see: Atheism and Hell).
3. Atheism offers no basis for morality (see: Atheism and morality).
4. State atheism and the secular left are known for mass murder and human rights violations (See: Atheism and mass murder and Atheism and human rights violations).
5. Atheism is irrational and is associated with closed-mindedness (see: Atheism and irrationality and Atheism and open-mindedness and Atheism and dogmatism). In addition, atheists are often gullible when it comes to naturalistic speculations (see: Atheism and gullibility).
6. Unlike Christianity, atheism offers no proof and evidence that it is true (see: Atheism lacks proof and evidence and Rebuttals to atheist arguments and Atheist apologetics and Evidence for Christianity).
7. Atheists are often ashamed of their history and engage in historical revisionism (see: Atheism and historical revisionism).
8. Atheism offers an inferior sense of community and atheistic cultures experience more loneliness (see: Atheism and loneliness). In the Western World, atheists are often engaging in bitter infighting (see: Atheist factions).
According to an international study done by William Bainbridge, atheism is common among people whose interpersonal social obligations are weak and is also connected to lower fertility rates in advanced industrial nations (See also: Atheism and social skills and Atheism and fertility rates). On the other hand, Christianity is pro-natal/family, so there is the speaking and social skills that develop within larger families and between families via marriages (see: Atheist population and verbal–linguistic intelligence). In addition, Christians via sermons and teaching develop oratory skills. See also: Atheism and public speaking
9. Atheists in religious countries often experience distrust and social ostracism (see: Atheism and social outcasts and Distrust of atheists).
10. Atheists are often less happy than the religious and atheism offers no joy (see: Atheism and happiness and Atheism and joy).
11. Atheists are more apt to have inferior sexual satisfaction in their lives (see: Atheism and sexuality). In addition, atheists are more likely to be physically unattractive (see: Atheists and physical attractiveness).
12. Historians, social scientists and others have discovered a number of ways that atheism can have a negative effect on a societies culture (See also: Atheism and its anti-civilizational effects and Atheism statistics).
13. Atheism has not produced any outstanding cultural achievements (see: Atheism and culture). For example, relative to Christianity, which has a large collection of art, music and poetry associated it, atheism has a very small collection of art, music and poetry associated with it (see: Atheist art and Atheist music and Atheist poetry).
14. Atheism has a negative effect on the welfare of animals (see: Atheism and animal abuse and Atheism and bestiality).
15. Atheists have no holidays. In addition, various atheist organizations are killjoys during the Christmas season and launch frivolous lawsuits (see: Atheist lawsuits and Atheism and Christmas).
"I once wanted to become an atheist but I gave up . . . they have no holidays." - Comedian Henny Youngman See also: Atheism quotes
- ↑ Atheism: The cult of death
- ↑ Global Study: Atheists in Decline, Only 1.8% of World Population by 2020
- ↑ Bainbridge, William (2005). "Atheism" (PDF). Interdisciplinary Journal of Research on Religion. 1 (Article 2): 1–26.
- ↑ NEWSWEEK Poll: 90% Believe in God, Newsweek 2007
- ↑ Roberts, Jessica, et al. (June 19, 2007). "Interview with an atheist". News21. Retrieved on July 30, 2014.
- ↑ Youngman, Henny (1980 or bef.). Earliest attestation. Retrieved from GoogleBooks.