Doxing (also spelled doxxing) is the criminal practice of releasing private or sensitive information about someone online for the purposes of harassment, intimidation and/or malicious intent.
Political use of doxing
Liberals and leftists use doxing as a means of attempting to harass, coerce, intimidate, threaten and incite violence against conservatives who say or support anything that liberals do not like, and invariably do so because they consider conservatives who speak against what liberals support or favor to be threats to them. Such behavior has been encouraged by prominent liberals and leftists, particularly including members of the Democrat Party. Doxing, when done for the above-noted purposes, is illegal and those who get caught engaging in the practice have been sent to prison for privacy violation and violation of other federal laws.
At their core, those who resort to doxing to try to intimidate people whose opinions they do not like into silence are basically cowards who lack the courage to face those they target, as the doxxers know it would lead to trouble for them; in fact, The Blaze writer Nate Madden (who explicitly called political doxxers cowards) wrote:
|“||People who do this sort of thing are cowards. They’re cowards who don’t have the courage to debate the people with whom they disagree and don’t even have the fortitude to confront their political opponents face to face. They task it out to even more faceless thugs on the internet... Silencing opponents through targeted harassment appears to be the next step. If those appalled by continued degradation of free speech and open discourse in this country don’t take firm, unapologetic measures to show that it won’t be tolerated, it will be. Every convicted doxxer should receive a stiff sentence. States, localities, and yes, Congress should take a hard look at what penalties are available for this crime and whether stricter measures are needed. If we wish to keep this republic, as Ben Franklin warned us at its outset, we’d better be willing to recognize the threats and treat them accordingly.||”|
Prominent examples of doxing by liberals
- Jackson Cosco, once a staff member for Democrat congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee and New Hampshire senator Maggie Hassan, was sentenced to four years in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of taking restricted personal information and making it public, and one count each for computer fraud, witness tampering and obstruction of justice for doxing Republican Congress members who supported the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- ↑ Here Are 10 Despicable Ways Far-Left Extremists Have Doxxed Conservatives at RedState
- ↑ Razin' Cain ~ 10/24/19 ~ Doxing - Democrats Tool to Force Conservatives to Kowtow
- ↑ Political doxxers are cowards who should go to jail at Blaze Media
- ↑ Former Sheila Jackson-Lee Staffer Is Sentenced To 4-Years In Prison For Doxing Republicans