Which passages of the Bible are most likely to convert when read by someone who has lost his or her faith? Put another way, suppose you have the opportunity to read one passage to a depressed, faithless individual. Which would you read or describe?
Possibilities include, in order of likelihood:
- Romans 1:18-3:31
- Matthew 11:28
- Ephesians 2:8-10
- The Good Thief
- The beginning of John
- Passages relating to Hell
- Psalm 23
- John 1:1
- The Passion
- The Prodigal Son
- The raising of Lazarus
- Faith moving mountains (Matthew 17:20)
- Doubting Thomas
- The beginning of Genesis
- The description of the birth of Christ at the beginning of the Gospel of Luke
- Stranger on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35)
- Matthew 7:7 - 'seek, and you will find'
- 1 Kings 19:11-12 - the 'still, small voice'
- Isaiah Chapter 53
(please add more or change order)